• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Feeling down... again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Okay, I won't bore you with the details, I guess.

I'm not feeling too good at the moment. For some reason, I'm feeling depressed again. All the time. On the surface, people think I'm fine, but I don't really feel that way. All these great things have been happening to me recently, yet, I still feel upset inside, and I have been for a couple of weeks. I wish I could say I'd never felt this before, but the fact is, I tend to get it a lot. =/

I thought I'd shaken it off for good last time. I had these feelings at the beginning of this year, and after they finally left, I felt great. For a couple of months, I've been feeling fantastic, but now, everything is falling back into old habits again. I can't sleep, then I can't get up in the morning. I don't eat much.

Any help, or advice, please?

<3

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
ah.
well here's my probably not so good advice.
whenever I feel bad and depressed, I just listen to my favorite music.
just get's my mind out of things.like in the morning when i feel like crap,i turn the strokes up and i feel better.
haha.
because if there's nothing bad happening in your life right now,and your just depressed,
then just try to do things that make you happy.
;D

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Here are some of my options that you can take:

1. Listen to music you like
2. Go out and do something you like
3. Talk to somebody who are willing to make you laugh/smile
4. Find what's causing your sadness and why your feeling that way, if it's not reasonable and let just say some little thing, then forget about it and don't think on it anymore...unless it's something big...

I hope this helps, this what I can think up of so far. :p

Tell me when you feel better and I hope you feel better!

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Talk to people you like a lot. A brother/sister or friend that you really enjoy being around. You could talk to them about your issue, or just hang out and have fun, that always helps me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I hope you feel better Snowy.

TwilightPrinces

Website
www.myspace.com
If I were you I would tell all my problems to someone that I really trust, get all your feelings out and then you will feel much better :D You should focus on the positive things in your life dont concentrate on the the negative things because thats you setting your self up for failure and sadness.

You should like scream or do something constructive with all that sadness and anger bunched inside of you I think this would make you feel alot better I know that it really helps me all the time :D

I hope things get better dude Dueces!!

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Oh no-- not my closest friend! This cannot be happening. Tell me it's the end of the world, I won't care; snow comes first! *rushes around frantically, completely lost as to where to start*

Okay okay... *breathes in and out*

So, it's back. The depression as well as the food problem. How absolutely dreadful. We need to get these horrible feelings out of your system, snow! Now let me call this great exorcist I-- um, on the other hand, let's save that for later.

Alright, enough with the jokes. In all serious, you need to be cheerful, snow. I know this sounds corny, but there's a church song I know in which deals with people feeling down. Kinda... sorta', yeah. Well, part of the lyrics are as follows:

"Count your many blessings name them one by one, you will be surprised for what the Lord has done."

I know, I know, it's religious. But honestly, if you think about the lyrics, you'll understand what I mean. Though our lives may be dark and depressing, dragging you down to the depths of hell, there's always a shimmering light of hope waiting to be kindled. That hope is something that you are grateful for.

Look over your life. Not your entire life, of course; maybe the past few weeks or days. Surely throughout those days something fantastic or great happened to you, making you smile? Maybe just recently you found a large lollipop on the road, still covered in plastic wrapping--how lucky indeed! What I'm (pointlessly?) getting at here is that, to get yourself off these negative feelings, you should think about things that have made you feel good or "blessed" you, if you want to put it that way.

Whenever you come across a depressive thought--QUICK! Change your mind to something that made you feel good. Remembah' that Rush concert you went to? How awesome Geddy Lee sung? Now there's a thought.

As some others have said, music can help as well. Whenever I'm feeling down, I usually whip out my old iPod Nano and blast an upbeat Muse song. Somehow it makes me feel better. So, listen to lotsa' music. =D

This sadness you are experiencing, it has to have an origin. You have to pinpoint and completely eliminate that starting point. It may take some time for you to realize what you're sad about, but once you know, be sure to get rid of it. It may not be easy, (who said everything's easy in life?), but I know that a wonderful person such as yourself can overcome it.

Also, you have a boyfriend. He's there to care for you when you most need it. I'd say right now is a good time. If you try to tell him and he won't listen, do whatever's necessary to get him to listen. Cry and pound on his chest, scream and shout, just get his attention! Nothing's better than having someone to be close to in times of need.

Now, the food problem... This comes with the whole Depression Package. By eliminating the depression altogether, you will consequently destroy the food problem. A loss of appetite is common among those who just don't feel right. But, I being my concerned self, make sure you're eating enough! Make yourself eat something if you have to; it's safer than not eating at all.

Sorry for the massive post, Snow... I just want to let you know that I care for ya' and want you to lead a happy life. I know you can get better. You're a lovely, optimistic person who brings a ray of sunshine to the world. Push onward in confidence! You can do it!

With much luff,

~Dee

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
take a nap
You are truly a hilarious person, Anger. Honestly, you should become a comedian. [/sarcasm]

If you have nothing better to say, then don't say anything at all. Do you sincerely think that taking a nap will fully heal someone's emotional problems? Do you not suppose that she may have tried taking a nap already?

>.>

<.<

Last edited:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Hmmm...I used to be like that a lot when I was little. I was frequently sad without any apparent reason. Honestly, I don't know what I did, if anything, to make it better. I just kinda pushed through it. It's just a phase you will eventually get out of.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
hm...perhaps doing some "soul searching" would help, find out what causes this depression...

unless you'd be diagnosed with "depression" which I'd doubt if you made a thread

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Deeman's advice is pretty frickin' gud. :O Yew should listen.

If this is a recurring thing, you might want to let people around you know. Your parents, perhaps? And talk to any professionals you can, if you're worried about a chemical inbalance.

It's one thing to get depressed every once in a while, because we're usually just a bit sad. But it's another to be having random, frequent stages of depression. You could be chemically inbalanced, in which case you'd want to seek professional help.

But I know some people are iffy about going to professionals. :/

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Deeman said:
Oh no-- not my closest friend! This cannot be happening. Tell me it's the end of the world, I won't care; snow comes first! *rushes around frantically, completely lost as to where to start*

I'm pretty sure that the biggest thing to be thankful for is having a friend like you, Dee. <3

Whenever you come across a depressive thought--QUICK! Change your mind to something that made you feel good. Remembah' that Rush concert you went to? How awesome Geddy Lee sung? Now there's a thought.

I'm gonna try this, it sounds effective... averting my thoughts is probably a good plan of action. I tend to feel the worst when I have nothing to do, or think about.

This sadness you are experiencing, it has to have an origin. You have to pinpoint and completely eliminate that starting point. It may take some time for you to realize what you're sad about, but once you know, be sure to get rid of it. It may not be easy, (who said everything's easy in life?), but I know that a wonderful person such as yourself can overcome it.

Usually, I know what I'm feeling so down about, but at the moment, it just seems to be random. It tends to just come on from nowhere, sometimes even though I'm in school, or busy doing something I like. =/

Now, the food problem... This comes with the whole Depression Package. By eliminating the depression altogether, you will consequently destroy the food problem. A loss of appetite is common among those who just don't feel right. But, I being my concerned self, make sure you're eating enough! Make yourself eat something if you have to; it's safer than not eating at all.

I think this is the biggest reason for me making the thread... I don't want to be going down that route again, and things are already feeling like I'm well on my way to it. u_u My boyfriend's helping me on this one. =3

Seriously, Dee, thanks for all this great help... I can't think of any way to thank you, but let me know if you ever need anything. <3 <3

violent_anger said:
take a nap

Of course; why didn't I think of that sooner? -.-;

KH Vandread said:
Hmmm...I used to be like that a lot when I was little. I was frequently sad without any apparent reason. Honestly, I don't know what I did, if anything, to make it better. I just kinda pushed through it. It's just a phase you will eventually get out of.

I hope so, Alexx. I'm sick and tired of falling back into these feelings every few months... >.<

anime_chic said:
well if you are down and depressed then go hang out with friends and go watch a movie and have fun to get your mind out of things.

I tend not to tell my friends about this type of thing. ,=3 They're less than helpful about it...

Thelonepickle said:
If this is a recurring thing, you might want to let people around you know. Your parents, perhaps? And talk to any professionals you can, if you're worried about a chemical inbalance.

But I know some people are iffy about going to professionals. :/

Yeah, my mother knows about it. =3

Thanks for all this advice, it means a lot =3

<3

Last edited:

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
i know exactly what your going through i am going through the same thing i dont smile anymore im always sad and nothing makes me feel better, but i have gone through it before and i was ok, time is a great healer.

T

Tyler Durden

oh snowy... the last time we went over this, I had a different name. Sigh.

I personally would say that the music is the way to go. Not anything depressing or dark or anything like that, but probably not anything sugary sweet either. That way you're not listening to other people's problems as well as dealing with your own.

Also, write. I know you say you don't have the time and stuff, but I think that for you writing is the best therapy. Write about someone else, walk through someone else's shoes. Often when we read in books we find ourselves relating to the characters, and ultimately feeling stronger because of it.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Okay, I won't bore you with the details, I guess.

I'm not feeling too good at the moment. For some reason, I'm feeling depressed again. All the time. On the surface, people think I'm fine, but I don't really feel that way. All these great things have been happening to me recently, yet, I still feel upset inside, and I have been for a couple of weeks. I wish I could say I'd never felt this before, but the fact is, I tend to get it a lot. =/

I thought I'd shaken it off for good last time. I had these feelings at the beginning of this year, and after they finally left, I felt great. For a couple of months, I've been feeling fantastic, but now, everything is falling back into old habits again. I can't sleep, then I can't get up in the morning. I don't eat much.

Any help, or advice, please?

<3
In order to really know what to do to not feel depressed you really need to figure out what is causing it.

Is it a girl?
Work?
School?
Stress?
Bully?
etc.

Each situation has a different way to be approached. For now, all I could recommend is to hang out with your friends outside of school as much as you can. When I get depressed that's what I do. They help keep my mind off things and feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back