• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Feeling down... again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Also, write. I know you say you don't have the time and stuff, but I think that for you writing is the best therapy. Write about someone else, walk through someone else's shoes. Often when we read in books we find ourselves relating to the characters, and ultimately feeling stronger because of it.

=3 Thanks, DK. <3

I've actually been shirking off a lot of schoolwork to write other stuff over the past few days. It tends to keep my mind off things. =) Of course, then I panic about missed schoolwork.

Mikail said:
In order to really know what to do to not feel depressed you really need to figure out what is causing it.
Is it a girl?
Work?
School?
Stress?
Bully?
etc.

Thanks for the post =3

I really can't say why I'm feeling so down, because I simply don't know. =/ The only thing I can think of it being is stress. I'm snowed down with work at the moment, and I don't have a great deal of time to myself. I guess when it comes down to it, I am scared about this year; I'm scared that I won't get the grades to go to University, and such. =/

And, y'know, the usual self-image thing. u_u Feeling down tends to set that off twice as bad as usual.

<3

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Thanks for the post =3

I really can't say why I'm feeling so down, because I simply don't know. =/ The only thing I can think of it being is stress. I'm snowed down with work at the moment, and I don't have a great deal of time to myself. I guess when it comes down to it, I am scared about this year; I'm scared that I won't get the grades to go to University, and such. =/

And, y'know, the usual self-image thing. u_u Feeling down tends to set that off twice as bad as usual.

<3
Yeah this is pretty common for juniors and seniors. If it makes you feel better, Universities don't just go by grades. They look at all of you extra-curricular and classes taken and everything. And if you don't get into your dream college, it really isn't that big of a deal. All colleges offer good education and your degree / major is more important to employers than what college you attend.

Right now if I were you. I would calm down on school work, maybe settle for some Bs and Cs so that way you can have more time for yourself and for friends. This is something that you'll be dealing with until college is over. If you're working, try cutting back on hours if you can. Go to school events to get your mind off everything. Enjoy the moment. Don't worry too much about the future.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Yeah this is pretty common for juniors and seniors. If it makes you feel better, Universities don't just go by grades. They look at all of you extra-curricular and classes taken and everything. And if you don't get into your dream college, it really isn't that big of a deal. All colleges offer good education and your degree / major is more important to employers than what college you attend.
I'm guessing you're from a different country; here in the UK, Universities have grade levels you need before you can apply to a course. On the course I'm looking at, I need an entire portfolio of artwork, and some high grades. =/

My work has been suffering already this year. I didn't do as well as I wanted to in my exams, and I was incredibly disappointed - I put so much work into my exams, revising properly, spending weeks and weeks working... it all seems for nothing. I tend to think negatively, I guess... I feel like if I didn't do good last year, the easier of the two years, then what is this one gonna be like? >.<;

And on the job thing... I don't have one, but I'm looking. The teachers keep saying that it's better to have a job; universities like to see we're responsible and stuff. Not to mention our school events cost money; money which I don't have. If I want to go to the school events, I need a job. -.-;

Thanks a lot for your advice =3 I'll keep it in mind; I really appreciate it.

<3

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
I'm guessing you're from a different country; here in the UK, Universities have grade levels you need before you can apply to a course. On the course I'm looking at, I need an entire portfolio of artwork, and some high grades. =/

My work has been suffering already this year. I didn't do as well as I wanted to in my exams, and I was incredibly disappointed - I put so much work into my exams, revising properly, spending weeks and weeks working... it all seems for nothing. I tend to think negatively, I guess... I feel like if I didn't do good last year, the easier of the two years, then what is this one gonna be like? >.<;

And on the job thing... I don't have one, but I'm looking. The teachers keep saying that it's better to have a job; universities like to see we're responsible and stuff. Not to mention our school events cost money; money which I don't have. If I want to go to the school events, I need a job. -.-;

Thanks a lot for your advice =3 I'll keep it in mind; I really appreciate it.

<3

I'm from the US, grades are important but they aren't everything. You really shouldn't get too worked up about college, its unhealthy. And yeah, colleges do like to see that you have had a job(s) but at the state you're at where you're already stressed out it wouldn't be smart to devote another 15hours a week to something that requires more work.

You're putting too much on your plate ;D. Just calm down a bit. Things will work out better if you're relaxed compared to stressed.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Thanks a lot! =3

I feel like I need a lot on my plate, I guess. =3 I mean, with school, the tons of work, then having to get a job... People are doing this all around me and handling it really well... I feel like I can't live up to what people need me to do. D:

<3

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Is it a girl?

Snowy is a girl D:

I'm snowed down with work at the moment

Nice pun dear =D

I tend to think negatively

Well, I think that could be one problem. I know I'm the last person who should be allowed to say this, but try to think positively.

God, I'm such a hypocrite.

Anyway, for me, I notice that if I play a video game or watch a movie or something, I tend to think less about any problems I have and focus on what's going on at the moment.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
I don't think positively. Ever. =/ I was convinced I'd entirely failed my A-Levels. I think I'm gonna do even worse this year. When I started driving I was convinced I wouldn't be good at it. I have an interview coming up in the next few weeks, and I'll be honest - I don't think I'm gonna get it. I'm not good enough for it; they're gonna want someone who's confident in talking to other people, and that's definitely not me.

I think it all boils down to the fact that I have such low self esteem. -.-

The thing is, I don't have the time to watch a movie or anything like that - despite the fact I need to study a movie right now. D: I don't have the time to watch the movie I'm supposed to be doing some work about.

And I know, I know, I'm on KHI right now. I'm supposed to be doing research for Ethics or something. Multitasking ftw.

KH Vandread said:
Nice pun dear =D

Thanks ;)

<3

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Yeah, about the driving part, your not alone, I still have my learner's permit... -_- and I feel stupid for telling people why I do except I tell them I'm scared which is in a way is the truth but at the same time I want to drive but I'm afraid of stuff that could happen. So in a way I can relate to your problem, though .....and don't be hard on yourself.....I'm pretty sure you'll do well this year. Keep going and try, no matter what. Sounds silly coming from me but I'm just saying.....I tried being optomistic at times and it definately helps.

Nobody Master

I know how you feel... as has been suggested, I'd say listening to music will help... and eating healthily also helps you feel more upbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back