• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7 vs FF8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
ff7 would kill ff8. ff7 has knights of the round, omni-slash, and if aeris would count as the ff7 party, there would be no contest!!! ff7 rocks!!!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
It's difficult to say. Without their Guardian Forces, the FFVIII characters are pathetic, and Squall never uses his ultimate technique when you need it most (no matter how low his HP is and if Aura has been cast on him). The Final Fantasy VII party wouldn't be nearly as strong without their materia, but they would be able to use their limit breaks more often than the FFVIII characters could use their "desperation" techniques and they would receive more substantial bonuses for their level-ups. I'd say the VII cast would win, because they have more reliable limit breaks/desperation techniques.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
dudes

ff8 pwns

the only reason people like ff7 is cause it is the first 3d ff of the ps generations ff8 pwn way more

1)gf pwn summons
2)it makes sense that not everyone can use magic
3)the remodeling thing makes sense you need stuff to make weapons
4)one word:gunblade
5)two words:lionheart finisher
6)two word:even pwns

Hikari44

pwn3d to the max said:
the only reason people like ff7 is cause it is the first 3d ff of the ps generations ff8 pwn way more

ff 7 happens to have an incredible storyline and beautiful music and a very fun battle system and is an over-all amazing game. It's really annoying when ppl say the only good thing about it is the graphics (and, for the record, the cinemas in that game ARE incredible.)

But, seriously, it really is a great game, with or without the graphics.

:)

Cid Highwind

The Captain
pwn3d to the max, you put up some good reasons why you think ff8 is better than ff7, but im going to argue with some of them.

1)yeah, its cool that your gfs give you cool abilities and can help with your junctioning, but if we are talking damage wise, lets compare the best summons in both of the games. ff7's knights of the round vs. ff8's eden.......well eden does about maybe 40,000 damage when knights of the round does about 130,000 considering that each of the 13 knights does 9,999. its clear that ff7 summons are much stronger.
2)last time i checked, every1 in ff8 CAN use magic if you junction it to them. and ff7 ppl don't have to use magic if you don't equip magic materia on them.
3)the idea of remodeling does make sense, if you relate it to real life, but lets face it, some times remodeling was a pain in the a$$. some of the items, such as the force armlet for rinoa's final weapon hard to get. it was a lot easier to get clouds final weapon when all you had to do was beat ultimate weapon (which was an easy boss)
4)this one you go me. the gunblade was an awesome weapon to have and it probably is more fun and cool than just a regular sword. But most of the time, clouds final weapon did more damage than leon's final weapon on just a regular attack.
5)lionheart.....it was a sweet finisher, but like Square Ninja said, it doesn't always come up, i mean, sometimes you didn't get a finisher at all! at least in ff7, cloud had an awesome finisher (omni-slash) that probably did just as much damage than lionheart (if you don't count the renzoken) and it always showed up.

and also like Hikari44 said, it had a great storyline, good music, good battle system, and is overall an amazing game.

don't get me wrong, ff8 is a great game with a great storyline too, but the better game here is ff7

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
1)yeah, its cool that your gfs give you cool abilities and can help with your junctioning, but if we are talking damage wise, lets compare the best summons in both of the games. ff7's knights of the round vs. ff8's eden.......well eden does about maybe 40,000 damage when knights of the round does about 130,000 considering that each of the 13 knights does 9,999. its clear that ff7 summons are much stronger.

one.. you can get an ability that can make it much stronger than that it not that hard
2)last time i checked, every1 in ff8 CAN use magic if you junction it to them. and ff7 ppl don't have to use magic if you don't equip magic materia on them.

only those that have gf can use magic NOONE ELSE
3)the idea of remodeling does make sense, if you relate it to real life, but lets face it, some times remodeling was a pain in the a$$. some of the items, such as the force armlet for rinoa's final weapon hard to get. it was a lot easier to get clouds final weapon when all you had to do was beat ultimate weapon (which was an easy boss)

do you hear yourself talk?

easy ultimate battles?

how is that a good thing?

ultimate things are supposed to be hard

4)this one you go me. the gunblade was an awesome weapon to have and it probably is more fun and cool than just a regular sword. But most of the time, clouds final weapon did more damage than leon's final weapon on just a regular attack.

depends on 2 things

1)what was junctioned
2)what the level was

5)lionheart.....it was a sweet finisher, but like Square Ninja said, it doesn't always come up, i mean, sometimes you didn't get a finisher at all! at least in ff7, cloud had an awesome finisher (omni-slash) that probably did just as much damage than lionheart (if you don't count the renzoken) and it always showed up.

yes that is good
but omni-slash made the game too easy i like challenge

ff 7 happens to have an incredible storyline and beautiful music and a very fun battle system and is an over-all amazing game. It's really annoying when ppl say the only good thing about it is the graphics (and, for the record, the cinemas in that game ARE incredible.)

But, seriously, it really is a great game, with or without the graphics.

*laughs*

are you kidding

in 1997 those graphic where total shit

the music was better in ff8(liberi fatali was better alone then the entire ff7 soundtracik )
the story line was basically a over produced story

boy in war
boy leaves war
boy meets girl
girl dies from boys rival
boy kills rival

simple

and also was ff8 but it was a little more orginal(squall was new to the experience)

LittleLegs

i like FF7 music better than FF8. i didnt like FF7 cuz it was the first 3d game..i liked it bcuz the gameplay was fun,the music was catchy, and it was just fun and i can play it all over agen. I agree that the graphics were $hit but i dont really care about that. FF8 had better graphics but sometimes i played i fell asleep cuz it wasnt as fun as FF7 but it was a decent game i guess

i say about equal if u ask me... i mean sure FF7 has good storylines... most sqeuals..
FF8 is good too... but we'll all get owned if we don't use guardian forces...
it's like materia... How many times did materia save your butt?

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
If it were parties vs parties - Final Fantasy VIII would win.

If it were gameplay - Final Fantasy VIII would win.

:) :) :)

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Ok well I would pick FF7 only because of their abilities. FF7's limits are far more superior than FF8's. Their summons would kick their ass with KOTR and their materia is alot better, such as mime or comet. FF8 characters would be pathetic little children without GF's, but they are quite strong with them.
Oh and some of the posts I hear people say one only because they have not played the other or they did not like the game. WTF dont post for those pathetic reasons. I am not saying you have to stop, but it is just stupid to say that.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Zero Rider said:
Ok well I would pick FF7 only because of their abilities. FF7's limits are far more superior than FF8's. Their summons would kick their ass with KOTR and their materia is alot better, such as mime or comet. FF8 characters would be pathetic little children without GF's, but they are quite strong with them.

As would 7's characters if you took away their materia. As their summoning powers come from their materia.

Without summons, on the other hand, 8's people can still use magic. =)

And KOTR? Are you kidding me? A few summons of Shiva or Ifrit would wipe out KOTR before the summoning was complete.

VIII > VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back