• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFX in the Kingdom Hearts Mythos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gstkh2

Throughout the entirety of Kingdom Hearts so far, there has been only one Final Fantasy series that has received any sort of continuity, and that's VII. The characters live together, Zack appeared in the prequel--it's presumed he lived and died as he did in Crisis Core--and the entire relationship of Cloud and Sephiroth has been actually retold to fit Kingdom Hearts.
This makes me think, though. Apparently, Jecht is slated to appear this time around. Which would mean we now have nearly all the primary characters of the FFX mythos: Tidus, Wakka, Yuna, Rikku and Auron have appeared up to this point, as well as Paine. We're really only missing Kimahri and Lulu, and now Jecht is (supposedly) going to show his face.
A lot of people theorize that the Auron that appears in KH2 is, more or less, the same one that appears in the game. He quotes the game, he constantly makes references back to the events of it--being a guardian and so forth--and his characterization is even consistent with that of the actual games: being an undead soul kept "alive" only by pyreflies, which he dissipates into during the credits roll.
This was, in essence, how they did the FFVII storyline of Kingdom Hearts. Some elements of the original games were kept, and others were retold.
If this is their intention with FFX, I could see it. Wakka and Tidus grow up on an island and apparently invent blitzball--again, keeping some elements--especially since Destiny Islands looks nearly identical to Besaid aesthetically--while retelling them in a form that makes sense for the crazy KH universe.
Of course, the difficulty would be with tying these characters together. Tidus and Wakka are island boys, Auron is an undead warrior (as he was), and Yuna and Rikku are with Paine as Friendly Neighborhood Gullwings (called "Something-or-Others" here.)
I suppose how they decide to do Jecht will decide all of this. In addition to Kefka's supposed appearance, this will be the first time we get a KH villain other than Sephiroth in a KH game. Frankly, I can't wait.
I could see something like Yuna requiring guardians again, and Auron, Tidus, Wakka and Rikku joining, and perhaps Jecht would wander too close to the darkness, which would definitely be consistent with his characterization. And perhaps his Heartless form would look like Braska's Aeon.
I hope they decide to tie all the FFX characters together. It's just strange, having a storyline for FFVII, but not for X, even though there's nearly as many characters included.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Uhm no, the Kingdom Hearts versions of FF characters have nothing to do with the actual storylines of the corresponding FF titles and the story of VII is NOT retold in KH. It is not even sure that the "Sephiroth" we see in KH 2 is actually the true Sephiroth at all but nothing more than Cloud's Darkness taking the form of Sephiroth.
There is also no single indication yet that Zack and Cloud even know each other in the KH versions of their characters just like there is no indication that Cifer and Squall/Leon have any personal connection in the KH universe.
The only thing that happens in KH is that Cloud and "Sephiroth" have their own little subplot during KH 2 in the KH universe, but it has nothing to do with the actual story of FF VII.

As for FF X, I'm not sure what you're talking about with Jecht as I've seen no official information or even hints that he is "slated" to appear. The only things I remember regarding him is fans dreaming/wishing for him to be included, same goes for Kefka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back