• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX.. Here we go again.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
FFIX is pure genius. Everyone who does not think so probably played FFVII as their first FF, and are only in it for the big swords. Bah.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
LordMune said:
FFIX is pure genius. Everyone who does not think so probably played FFVII as their first FF, and are only in it for the big swords. Bah.

Bah, I take that as an insult!! Well, no, not really...

Anyway, I really disliked FFIX. It was horrible. The final boss was like "WTF? Where'd you come from?" And the story was too simple and predictable. The battle system was a change, I give it that. And it was pretty funny...like when Steiner swung into the tower at th beginning..hahaha. But, ugh, I disliked all the characters in that game except Vivi. And what was with Kuja? He scared me...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Hmm... Yes, the final boss is the worst final boss ever, I'll give you that. I don't think anybody likes him.
Much like the earliest FFs, FFIX doesn't rely on story that much- it's got... atmosphere instead. As for the characters... I didn't like Zidane to start with either, but he does his thing, and that's what he's there for. Better than Squall "go talk to a wall" Leonhart or Cloud "..." Strife, though.
You forget the music- FFIX has some of the best music in the series.

Kuja... I love Kuja. How can one not love Kuja? He's like Kefka, reincarnated into the body of a male stripper. o_@;
I admit, that is kind of scary now that I think about it...

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, the game is a lot better than FF2. Anyway, it's not that it sucks, it's just that it's not as good as some of the other FF games like 7 and 8 because of the graphics and the leader has a tail! Mostly, it was because some guy didn't perticipate in making it, that's why you don't see in any FF9 characters in KH.

Light Conquers All

Ok, my turn.

FFIX is the worst FF out of VII, VIII, IX, and X --BUT-- it's still one of my favorite games, because it's a FF. Just because it's worse than the others doesn't make it a terrible game. it's 3 major downfalls were the graphics, the characters, and the way the storyline played out.

Graphics: They tried to pound way too much into the Playstation. The result: overly pixelated, overly animated, slow moving (at least in battles) characters. FFVIII went a bit over the top, too, but not as much. I think VII's was just fine, no matter how lego-like they looked.

Characters: An FF game minus Tetsuya Nomura equals a terrible game. Unless it's an old FF where character design didn't matter too much since you're only 10 pixels wide. He didn't design the characters for IX. If he did, who knows how much better this game would be. You have a fat white blob with flowers for eyes and a pitchfork. A Buzz Lightyear in armor. A blue dude with massive red hair covering his eyes. And characters with tails that look equally male and female. Now, I do understand that going with the story they were created and didn't need to reproduce so they're neither. But still it's a pretty dumb excuse to be running around chasing after a guy in a bikini.

Storyline: I have nothing too harsh to say about the story. It just waited until the last 2 hours of the game to tell you anything. Too simple.

There are of course things about it that is better than some other FF's. I think the chocobo sidequest was one of the best. Tied with FFVII's. But IT DIDN'T HAVE WEAPONS (I mean monster weapons you fight, like Ultima, Omega, Diamond, etc.)!!

overall FFIX is a pretty fun game and enjoyable, but it lacks much of what makes FFVII what it is.

I

Ironblade

^Thats quite some better explination of what is bad and what is good rather than the annoying "it suck" scenario. but a couple things i want to point out..

Graphics: though i agree that the characters are quite pixelated, they had one thing that made them look better than in the games before, they move even when standing still, made them look quite alive. Alot better than the statue actalike characters in FFVIII...

Characters: What do you expect out of a game with pure fantasy elements? since the last two games had science fiction elements, the caste was mostly strictly Humans with just a few exeptions. Ah Quina? heh, he cracked me up :) he do look odd, even in a game like this .. but ive seen wierder stuff than that. Buzz lightyear do already have armor from before so that statement dosnt really fit. Steiner your talking about? theres nothing odd about him other than being a stubborn soldier. Amarant may be odd too, but seriously, when you play a game like this, theres gonna be odd characters.. at least its better than having a Moogle (one of the earlier game had a Moogle among the leader caste) I found it odd with Zidane having a tail too, but i stopped that as i progressed through the game.. his race all have tails so it can be dealt with.. but if he was the only one with a tail, then it would be a different case. And about Kuja, long when the game was in the making, Kuja was designed as a girl, but then they decided that she had to be a he.. the convertion was pretty rushed so he still had some girly traits.

M

MegaFlare

Ahem. w00t xP I'll throw in my opinion. It's one of my favorite games. It had a beautiful story and definitely beautiful music. It's not the best out of the final fantasy series, and it's way underrated. I have a lot of friends who love this game, too.

I loved the FMVs. They were great, I had a lot of fun playing the game. A lot of the FMVs were hilarious, or just plain good. Vivi was an awesome character. The ending was beautiful. And about graphics, the graphics were just fine :rolleyes: I didn't see any problems with it.

I almost like this game better than FFVII, but instead they're equal on my list. FVII in my opinion is way overrated, while this game is way underrated. I liked the music of FFIX better. The characters weren't bad, but they definitely weren't the best. FVII did have better characters. The stories I would say are equal. They have their ups and downs.

Really, no Final Fantasy is a bad game. They're all really good, but I do have favorites. FFIX is one of my favorites. I really enjoyed the story.

the pretty flre is right all the ffs have something to offer...9 had a coke commercial...as well as quina the best ff character...well no not really i like the part where she starts swimming in air....
but it was a good game if not a bit challenging so play it the beautiful megaflare commands you....i think...

laath

....Thanks....I guess....Key-chain. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And, Light Conquers All, I have a few things.

Graphics: What the hell?! These graphics were beautiful. The backgrounds were the most detailed and lifelike backgrounds at the time. Sure, the characters are pixelated, but not as bad as FFVIII in my opinion. It shows that Square put time and effort into their game to make it as lifelike as possible. And Iron, you're right. They were always moving, which is definatle lifelike.

Character: All Ihave to say is that youre sorta right. But wrong also. I thought the character designs were amazing and very fantasy-ish? Can't thnk of a word. But they could use some more development. But other than that, it was pefect.

Story: Could use some adjustments, but it was, in the long run, a semi-complex story if you think about it. Sure, its no FFVII, but that what I like about IX. They mixed old school with new school. HEH.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ugh Light Conquers all I one hundred percent disagree with you. If you'll overexagerate the cute charecter style here goes FF7:

How cliche...

1. A boy with spiky hair.
2. A girl with big boobs.
3. A black guy with a gun -.-
4. An annoying girl who dies
5. A cat
6. A demon-type thing.
7. Ninja
8. vampire

cliche! x_x;

Final fantasy seven is the most overrated piece of crap in the world! xP I think FF7's story was either horribly slow at some points, then craploads of info is piled on you at certain points. In ff9 things are explained nicely. Not in the last two hours. The story progresses nicely.

The graphics don't appear bad at all. The humor is great, atleast they put humor in during the story.

Overall i enjoyed 9 over 7, not saying 7 is bad, I enjoyed it too, but 9 is my choice..wait..8 is xP

M

MegaFlare

Final fantasy seven is the most overrated piece of crap in the world! xP I think FF7's story was either horribly slow at some points, then craploads of info is piled on you at certain points. In ff9 things are explained nicely. Not in the last two hours. The story progresses nicely.

I can totally agree with that. FFVII is THE most overrated game ever. I would like to so much more if it wasn't so overrated. The story did seem slow at points, and I wasn't real impressed with the introduction of the game. FF9 was explained nicely, progresses smoothly.

I enjoyed all of the Final Fantasys. FF9 is as good as FVII.

jamietl

yeah, ffVII may be a bit overated but i think its way better than ffIX because i wasn't fixed to IX like i was VII, i think the story line of 9 was way too easy to understand, and plain boring, the only things i did like about the game was the humour and the dark messanger music (music when fighting kuja). i hated the fact that zidane was a weak runt that i wanted to replace, i mean he doesn't even have a psycho-slash move like cloud (omnislash) squall (renzokuken-lionheart) or tidus (blitz ace).

7 however had an extremely complicated storyline (if u get all of it) that i still dont understand fully, the graphic ill admit were awful but i just find it way beter than 9.

starocean: till the end of time kicks both their @$$£$ though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back