• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy V

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KH2_Roxass

Has anyone beaten this game?
well I'm playing it and i would like to know what do you think of the game
Is it cool? it looks like Final Fantasy Tactics anyone played it?:p

KH2_Roxass

Thanks for posting .:D I haven't beat this game yet , looks like it's about 40 hours long but as far as I am in the game now it's cool you can even change jobs like FF Tactics

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Final Fantasy V has the best gameplay in the series. The job class system is excellent, and the boss battles were awesome and imaginative.

Sadly, the graphics were actually a step down from FFIV, and the story was pretty weak.

I highly recommend it.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
I haven't actually beaten, don't have the patience. Its reallly long. I'm in like, X-Death's world or something like that, the last or second to last world. But overall, I really enjoyed the game, wether the graphics suck or not.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Square Ninja said:
Final Fantasy V has the best gameplay in the series. The job class system is excellent, and the boss battles were awesome and imaginative.

Sadly, the graphics were actually a step down from FFIV, and the story was pretty weak.

I highly recommend it.

If square ninja likes it, then it's defintely good. I'm waiting for the GBA port, though.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
-WhiteFalcon- said:
I haven't actually beaten, don't have the patience. Its reallly long. I'm in like, X-Death's world or something like that, the last or second to last world. But overall, I really enjoyed the game, wether the graphics suck or not.

Are you in X-Death's final area, the one with the black-ish blue rocks and the stars in the background? Have you come across Omega Weapon yet?

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
xCursedXRebellionx said:
^ I don't understand...you love it..but it's the second worst?

Yes, shows just how good Final Fantasy is as a series (except for II, which blows so hard it is scary).

FF VII
FF VI
FF IX
FF X
FF
FF IV
FF III
FF VIII
FF V
FF II

That would be true if the series comprised solely of FFIV, FFV, FFIV, and FFIX.
All the game you named OWN V, hard.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
SOLDIER Cloud said:
All the game you named OWN V, hard.

FFV was much more fun than the rest of the series. Honestly, it has the best boss battles in the series, and the character class system absolutely owns all other forms of character customization in the series. Do you honestly think Final Fantasy VII or VIII has anything on that?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree with Square Ninja, although, FF9 was my favorite.

I cant wait untill FF3 and FF5 (GBA Port) come out though!

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
Square Ninja said:
FFV was much more fun than the rest of the series. Honestly, it has the best boss battles in the series, and the character class system absolutely owns all other forms of character customization in the series. Do you honestly think Final Fantasy VII or VIII has anything on that?

Never played VI, did you?
I am not putting down the customization, but the story and characters are sub par compared to all of the other games, and that is why VII and VIII, (and FF, III, IV, VI, IX, X :D) are much better than it. These are games relying on story and main characters (and main villians) so a game that is weak in all 3 of those catagories, not as good as the rest. (II actually has better characters than V, it is just such a bad game that it does not help it.)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
SOLDIER Cloud said:
Never played VI, did you?

Are you honestly comparing the boss battles of VI to V? FFV had the most interesting and imaginative battles out there. Different bosses required entire different strategies to even harm them. FFVI did have bosses like that, but not to the extent that FFV did.

SOLDIER Cloud said:
I am not putting down the customization, but the story and characters are sub par compared to all of the other games, and that is why VII and VIII, (and FF, III, IV, VI, IX, X :D) are much better than it. These are games relying on story and main characters (and main villians) so a game that is weak in all 3 of those catagories, not as good as the rest.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa...no.

Final Fantasy VII and VIII had the worst characters in the entire series. The story in FFVII is a garbled mess, and FFVIII is an utterly boring mushfest. FFV, despite its focus on gameplay, had better characters than VII or VIII.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
FF7's characters were just..yuck. 8 didnt have any character development for characters other then Squall and Rinoa, and by the second disk when the whole orphan thing started, it became painfully obvious they were making things up as the story went. xD

And plus, V's gameplay really makes up for it. If only they could combine V and VI I would be content.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
monkeybutt said:
And plus, V's gameplay really makes up for it. If only they could combine V and VI I would be content.

Actually, FFVI is essentially a combination of FFIV's excellent storytelling and FFV's awesome gameplay. It doesn't do either as well the other two do, but it does have both good narrative and good gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back