• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Friends Forever

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

Here is my first fanfic.Its about Kingdom Hearts and it will majorly focus on Leon,Aerith,Yuffie,Sora,Riku and Cloud etc.
Chapter 1:Confusion

"Don't you want to know if the rumors are true?" The young ninja asked. "I mean it's another one of us, someone else who survived." She bounced around tall brown haired man who seemingly ignored her. "Leon! What's your problem? A week ago you were more then happy to go look for survivors, now you don't want anything to do with it?"

He shrugged, his Gun Blade resting on his left shoulder. "I've got more important things to do." He leaned down to her level. "Like hunting the heartless. Unless you'd like to wake up to a couple thousand outside our door." He continued to walk down the alleyway towards the secret underground passageway.

"Don't you want to know?" She looked at him with large eyes, not comprehending what was wrong with her friend. The man that had grown from being an acquaintance to a big brother. "I-"

He turned again. "Listen, why don't you and Aerith go check it out. If the rumors turn out somehow to be true, I'll go find her." Yuffie frowned.

"Who said it was a girl?" She asked. Leon looked at her suspiciously. "They say it's Cloud." She spoke quietly and failed to notice the flinch from Leon that vanished as soon as it had appeared. "Now do you see why we need to find him?" He pushed his rage down.

"Like I said, I've got a busy day today, I'll see you later." He walked away from her rather fast, causing her to frown.

"Oh, Leon." She shook her head before running off towards the first district; she had to see Aerith now. Yuffie passed through the first district doors out of breath, and spotted the brown haired girl speaking quietly with Cid.

"Aerith!" She flipped up to the level behind the accessories shop and grabbed onto her friends arm. "Any luck?" She asked, hopeful. Aerith shook her head.

"You two see here," Cid has stepped in. "Leave this subject alone. Cloud would have come and found us if he wanted to see us. He's running around this town for a reason and he'll talk to us when the time is ready." He gave Yuffie a look. "And don't you go tracking him down to force him into something he doesn't want. That fella's always been a sucker for a pretty girl, don't go using it against him." He flipped her black hair. "Give him some time."

"Time is something we do not have the pleasure of." Aerith said. "No matter how many hours Leon spends out there hunting the heartless, they just keep coming. We're lucky they've been contained to the second and third district this long. We're going to be over run some time soon and we'll all be forced to leave."

Yuffie crossed her arms. "But Cloud needs us, we're all he has left of our world." Aerith looked over her shoulder towards the second district doors and sighed. This action did not escape Yuffie's watchful eyes. "And Cloud loves Aerith." The very young woman said.

Aerith blushed. "Cloud and I are friends, nothing more." She said, but her eyes betrayed her. "Anyway, we still need to find Cloud, whether he wishes to be found or not." Yuffie nodded.

Cid rolled his eyes and began to walk away. "You girls be careful, there and more and more heartless around here all the time." Yuffie raised her eyebrows and Aerith nodded. Both girls jumped forward to pull him back.

"Then we need a nice strong man like you." Aerith giggled as she and Yuffie dragged him towards the doors to the second district. "You'll protect us."

"No way!" He planted his heals into the ground but was still dragged. "If and when you do find Cloud I don't want to have my head chopped off by that overly large sword for messing with him." They paid no attention to his ranting. "And then if Cloud doesn't kill me Leon will as soon as he finds out."

His calls and screams went unaided as the three figures disappeared through the dark doors.
Leon swung his Gun Blade at an imaginary foe again. He swung with anger and was off his mark completely, and that was just pissing him off even more. The walls of the underground passageway twinkled lightly with the magic radiating off of them. It was truly the only place the heartless hadn't been at least once.

He swung once more before shaking his head and letting his sword drop to the floor. The sound of metal hitting stone echoed off the walls for several seconds. He seated himself on the floor next to the water and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Does something trouble you?" Asked a soft voice. Leon didn't so much as turn. He knew immediately it was the old magician Merlin, his house residing directly over the passageway. Lately the man had been visiting Leon more often then not.

"No." He picked himself off the floor to greet the man properly. "What can I do for you?" As much as the man annoyed him, he had done so much to help them, asking nothing in return. In fact without the old wizard they would never have been able to occupy the small house. The protection charms being the only thing keeping the heartless out.

"Now don't lie. Lying only makes things worse, I believe Pinocchio is a fine example of that." Leon said nothing. "What bothers you?" The old man asked again.

"No disrespect, but it doesn't concern you." Leon said quietly, hopping the magician would take the hint.

"No such luck." The man replied, making Leon wonder if he had read his mind. "Now why don't you sit next to me and tell me who is on your mind." He lowered himself to the floor and patted the stone next to him.

"A friend might be alive." Leon answered, not moving from his spot.

Merlin stroked his beard. "And you should be happy, but there is something more is there not?"

Leon nodded. "I have known this friend for many years, and competed with him for just as long. He has always chosen to be alone, train alone, never experience love or joy. He's a hard man to befriend and it took me many years to develop something with him."

"Yes?"

"And I feel as if he has betrayed me."

Merlin nodded. "By winning the love of someone you love." Leon told himself he should not have been surprised. The old magician always seemed to know everything. "But there is still something more."

"The rumors say he has been in Transverse town for a few days." Leon now sat beside him. "But he has not sought any of us out. As if our friendship means nothing." Leon sighed. "I know we've all changed, but I had hoped the very few friendships I have, would have held up."

Merlin sat silent for a moment before he stood with a soft groan. "This is something I wish I could help you with, but it is something you must discover on your own." He turned to wall back towards the passageway to his house. "Things will change in a very short time. And nothing is as it seems."

Leon climbed to his own feet, confused. He turned sharply to the entrance of the underground passageway when he heard a man screaming. He quickly identified the voice as belonging to Cid. He picked up his Gun Blade and sprinted towards the alleyway.

He sweat dropped when he spotted Cid being dragged from the Dalmatian house towards his own location. "Leon!" Cid locked eyes with the much younger man. "Help me!!!" Leon was tempted for just a second to turn around and run back to the old man. Anything was better then hearing the veteran pilot screaming like a young girl.

When Yuffie spotted Leon she let go of Cid's arm and bounced over to her other favorite male. "What were you doing?" Leon asked distrustfully. "And why is he screaming, you'll attract the heartless." Leon looked around, as if him mentioning them would cause an attack.

"We were coming to look for you, and Aerith and I decided to bring Cid along because he hardly ever leaves the first district." Yuffie said convincingly. Cid opened his mouth to say something, but Aerith stepped on his foot as hard as she could and shot him a warning glare.

"You were investigating the rumors, weren't you?" Leon asked her.

She bit her lip and gave him an awkward smile. "Uh, no?" She said. He shook his head and leaned against the wall.

"I told you, you could do whatever you wanted to. I'm not going to stop you, but try to be a bit more careful. The heartless have gotten stronger in the past few weeks. I've got a feeling it has to do with Sora. I believe that the closer he gets to sealing the keyholes, the strong the heartless become."

Cid nodded. "The last Gummi Block I installed was the path to a couple worlds crawling with heartless. I'm not talking about the ones we have here, I'm talking about things nightmares are made of."

"I thought the ones here were nightmares." Yuffie supplied.

"No," Cid said, a dark look on his features. "These heartless were different, the very root of evil." The man looked towards Leon. "And I've got a feeling our problems are about to get worse."

"What do you mean?" Leon asked, they certainly didn't need any more problems. The ones they had were disastrous.

"A couple of my scouts reported in a day ago that a few big things were running around. They weren't heartless, but they had the same dark feeling. I'm talking about head honchos. These things controlled the heartless."

Leon looked disturbed. "Would you happen to know where they're running around, so I can go play with them?" He had a murderous tint to his eyes.

"No I don't." Cid shot back angrily. "And if I did I wouldn't tell you. These new things are beyond anything you can think of. They're strong, fast and most of all intelligent. They'd chew you up and spit you out in a few seconds. We'd be attending your funeral if you took them on now." Cid tried to stress his point. Besides Leon being a friend, they needed the man. Leon was really the only one strong enough to take on the heartless day after day and keep them in check.

"You don't have any faith?" Leon asked, he had been counting on Cid of all people.

"I have faith that you would be dead in a second. Think about the people who need you. You aren't the keyblade master and we can't afford to lose you."

Yuffie looked between the two men. "We got a lead on Cloud." She said. It might not have been the best thing to change the subject to, but I was something to distract Leon.

"So the rumors are true? He's here?" Leon asked. He did not have a strong urge to see the man, but he wanted to know if Cloud was alive at least.

Aerith shrugged. "We don't know if he's here, but we know he's alive. We spoke with someone who was at the Coliseum about a week ago. They said he was fighting in the tournament. Other then that, we don't have an idea where he is."

Leon noticed the way she spoke about him and felt his heart drop. "Are you going to go look for him there?" He asked, and wanted to scold himself for hoping she would say no.

"No, he's not there anymore. The man we met said he left right after a fight with Sora." Leon looked more intently at her when she said that. "It was a close match by report, but Sora came out the victor and Cloud left."

"We can still go look if you want." Yuffie volunteered. Unlike Aerith she had seen Leon's face when they had mentioned Cloud again. She knew he desperately wanted to see his friend again-whether he knew it or not. And her heart sunk again as she realized how much Cloud meant to Leon, even if the older man couldn't admit it.

"No, it's just as well." Leon said. "If he wants to see us, he can come and find us. We're not hard to find, in fact everyone one seems to know who we are." Leon stated, happy with his response.

"Well, I'm going to head back to the first district." Cid said, preparing to leave while he could. He hated to think of what Yuffie and Aerith would do to him if Leon left first.

Leon reached out to stop the man. "Hold on a second." The brown haired man reached into his back pocket and pulled out a flattened roll of paper. "I'd like you to install this into my ship, when you get the chance." He handed the man the paper. "And if this gets out to anyone, I'll have your hide." He threw a threatening glare to Cid, just for extra measure.

"Uh, sure." He retreated back to the first district, fingering the blueprints, wondering what they were for. "I'll catch the three of you later." He gave a wave before he was gone.

"I'm going patrolling again." Leon went to turn when Aerith grabbed his arm. Her strong yet gentle touch sent a shiver down his spine.

"I would consider it a personal favor if you would make an attempt to find Cloud." Her eyes pleaded with him and he felt his heart break even further. "I desperately need to speak with him." And Leon could never deny the woman anything.

"I will when I get some spare time." It was his own sort of promise, but she took it nonetheless.

There was suddenly a weird sound that Leon recognized all to well. He spun on his heals, Gun Blade out. The three humans readied themselves for the battle as wave after wave of heartless appeared.

"Yuffie, Aerith, get out of here, I'll hold them off." Leon commanded. Yuffie shook her head, as she looked around them.

"There are too many." She concluded.

"And the paths are all blocked." Aerith observed. And it was true. The doors to the second district and the Dalmatian house were blocked, as well as the secret entrance to the underground cavern. And he couldn't risk exposing it anyway.

In a matter of seconds they were in battle. Leon ripped through the heartless with little effort at first. But they soon began to over take him with their sheer numbers. He was quiet strong, stronger then a normal man, but against dozens and dozens of enemies he stood little chance of surviving.

Yuffie and Aerith stood back to back as they held off the heartless attacking them. Each protecting each other, and putting up a fairly good fight. Leon fought his way over to them as a bright idea sprung into his mind.

"Yuffie, up!" He shouted pointing to the balconies to the hotel. She got the meaning in just a few seconds and was jumping up there soon after. Leon scooped Aerith up into his arms and pushed off the ground as hard as possible.

Leon and Aerith looked around as winged heartless began to appear, compensating for their height. "Follow me!" Leon called, running from balcony to balcony. He stopped in front of the door to the red room and gave it a quick shove. He, Yuffie, and Aerith toppled in, slamming the door seconds later.

They lay on the floor for a few seconds until they were sure the heartless weren't going to attempt to break in. "That was-interesting." Yuffie supplied, climbing to her feet.

"Mind telling me what you're doing in my room?" Asked a new voice. Yuffie looked at the figure in the bed with wide eyes. Aerith gasped and covered her mouth in shock. And Leon moved to the right slightly so he could see the figure fully.

Leon locked eyes with the man. The first thing he observed was the man happened to be his old time friend, Cloud. The second being that his shirt and buckles had been removed and replaced with white gauze. The white bandages were also slowly turning red with blood.

End of Chapter!

Be sure to leave some comment.

Squall

Thanx Foreverkingdom,I will update the latest chapter as soon as possible.

Haku

<3
Awesome start so far except for a few things here and there but I would love to see a update soon.

Squall

Here is the next chapter!

Chapter 2:My reason for being here

"Cloud?" Yuffie asked, trying to decide if her eyes were deceiving her. "Is that really you?" Her eyes widened as she concluded it had to be the man they had been looking for. "Cloud!" She launched herself at the blonde, knocking them back onto the bed.

Cloud hissed in pain, but tried valiantly to conceal any discomfort. "Hello." He offered the young ninja before managing to slowly pull himself out from under her. He stood and became very self-conscious of his appearance. He crossed the room to pick up his discarded shirt, and slid it over his head. He was also struck with the natural defense of grabbing his cape. He refrained from adding it to his body, but had deliberated for a moment.

"Cloud?" His gaze moved to the other woman in the room. He had been aware of her presence from the moment she had entered. Hell, he didn't know why he was lying to himself. She had been one of the first things he had seen when he had escaped to the town.

"Hello." He gave his greeting to the woman the same as Yuffie, feeling that a neutral course of action would be best.

She moved forward in a blaze, intending to summarize his wound and heal it. As one soft hand reached out for his mid-section, he became alert of the situation and jumped back in surprise. He knew he had startled her, and as he breathed hard from the sudden panic, he offered her a small look of apology.

"I am fine." He stated, now intending on keeping his distance from them all.

"Nonsense." Cloud locked eyes with Leon for the second time and a sort of stand off was declared. Neither man moved, nor blinked. Cloud kept his trained eyes the brown haired man, unsure of the present situation. "I saw the blood, don't bother hiding it."

Leon looked his long time friend over and felt something stir in him. He was unsure, but just looking at the man, as hard as it might be, was bringing emotions back into his life. These were emotions he had fought hard to keep down into the very depths of his soul. He decided almost immediately that he didn't like these feelings, and he didn't want the man across from him to cause them.

"I said I was fine." Cloud hissed out, through partially closed teeth.

"Why didn't you come see us? What kept you away?" Yuffie asked. Cloud noted that the persistent girl had wrapped her arms around his waist and was giving him a soft hug, now aware of his injury. "Why are you here?" She was a blur of questions, and this made Cloud wonder how he could have ever forgotten hearing her sweet voice and playful actions.

Cloud wrapped one arm around the small girl. "I was coming to see you soon." He said. "As soon as I was healed."

Aerith frowned oddly, moving towards Cloud. She stepped loudly to alert him of her presence, and moved slowly not wanting to upset the current peace in the room. "I can heal you." She told him. "Why didn't you heal yourself?"

He stiffened but allowed the pink dressed woman to stand but a few inches away from him. "This wound will not heal." She disregarded his words and put both of her hands over his abdomen. Her eyes closed and she began a simple healing spell she had learned years ago.

"What?" She asked herself, realizing the spell was simply rebounding off of him and back to her. "I told you." He lifted his shirt to indicate the still spreading blood. "This type of wound must heal by nature."

"Where have you been?" Leon asked. He leaned on the wall, arms crossed in his signature pose. "You obviously have access to a gummi ship. So I would like to know why you did not seek out the only people of our world left."

Cloud sighed and moved to sit on the bed. "It's not that simple. There were things I had to do, things that had to be done before I could begin this new life." Yuffie and Aerith exchanged looks of concern at Cloud's statement.

"That doesn't explain why you didn't send word of your survival. Perhaps you don't care if we're alive, but we very much care for others." Leon shot towards Cloud without meeting the blonde's angry gaze.

There were a few moments of silence before Cloud spoke again. "It doesn't matter anyway." He waved his hand, indicating he wanted to leave the subject.

Yuffie looked from Aerith to Cloud and sighed, wondering just what she was getting herself into. "Come on, Leon." He grabbed the man's arm. "We can go through the hotel." She pulled the man from the room, giving one last look to the occupants of the room.

As they walked the hallway of the hotel the silence between them became defined, an almost certain decision. "You got your wish." Leon said, after long pauses of silence. He held the door to the second district open for her.

She shrugged her shoulder. "I'm not so sure that was a good idea now. If I had known all of this was going to happen, I wouldn't have pushed looking for Cloud so much." Her feet shuffled on the floor lightly. "Cloud sure has changed." Leon, walking slightly behind her gave her a hard look.

"No, you've just been away from him too long. He's the same hard, self proclaimed warrior that's he's always been."
"You're confused, aren't you?" Yuffie asked, drawing Leon out of his daze.

"What did you say?" Leon tapped his foot at the empty third district; he had been counting on a few heartless to vent his frustration.

"You're confused, aren't you?" She repeated, stopping the man from walking any further away from her.

He solved this problem by walking in a different direction. "I'm not confused, I know exactly what's happening." Yuffie shook her head, not pleased by Leon's answer.

But in reality, Leon did know the truth. He knew his soul inside and out, and was rediscovering his heart by and by. No, he wasn't confused anymore. He knew for a fact that the feeling of protectiveness and the willingness to do anything for the blonde wasn't gone. And if anything it was growing.
"And then I met Aladdin and we fought against Jafar, who used Genie to turn into a Genie!" Sora explained adamantly to Cid, the brunette waving his arms wildly. Sora had just returned from Agrabah and defeating a major power.

"Did you go to the other worlds?" Cid asked, actually interested in the worlds he wouldn't dare visit. "Are they filled with heartless too?"

Sora rested his hands behind his head and shook his head. "Naw, I needed to come back and restock in the stores, plus, I wanted to talk to Leon about a few things. I think I might know who's behind all of the heartless, and who's controlling them."

Cid immediately became serious. "Gal by the name of Maleficent?" Cid asked in a low voice.

"How'd you know?" Sora asked suspiciously. "I heard Jafar and someone named Maleficent talking, they're working on something big." Sora shook his head, eyes going to the night sky about the town. He watched with sadness as another star went out, another light gone from the world. "I need to speak with Leon, would you happen to know where I can find him?"

Cid was hesitant. "Some things have been going down in the past weeks since you've been here." He told Sora. "Yesterday a fella from my world, Leon's world showed up. I don't know what happened, cause I'm just the old guy and no one keeps me in on things, but far as I can tell he and Leon aren't getting along too well."

"Wow." Fidgeted as he often did. "Can I meet this guy, I bet he'll have lots of cool things to talk about."

Cid frowned. "Don't you already known Cloud?"

Sora's eyes widened in surprise. "Sure I know him, I met him at the coliseum. I fought against him too, he told me he was looking for his light." Sora's voice fell a bit. "I told him I was looking for my light too, but I hadn't found him yet." Sora sighed deeply. "Did Cloud find what he was looking for yet?" Sora asked hopeful.

Cid shrugged. "I wouldn't know. You should go check with Leon; he's more then likely in the underground passageway. Just be careful, and don't mention Cloud to him."

Sora thanked him before running off towards the second district doors. "You should go check out some of the worlds!" He called back. "I've got some of them cleaned out of the heartless, just a few left and right!"

Cid shook his head, amused at the energetic boy. And very concerned that they were placing their future into the hands of someone that was on a wild goose chase to find the boy he loved, not stop the darkness that was threatening to overtake everything.

~*~

"Squall."

"I have asked you repetitively not to use that name." Leon ignored the shorter, younger man standing a small distance away from him.

"It is your name." Cloud stated, speaking alone with the man for the first time in a very long time. "Normally, one addresses the other by a name given to them at birth."

Leon growled under his breath, once again urging himself not to attack the man. "Cheeky as ever." Leon acknowledged, swinging his Gun blade again. "So I'll ask you again, why have you gone through all the trouble to find this place and speak with me?"

"I came to speak with you because we have not seen each other for a very long time. I assumed that I would be welcomed as your friend, someone you once trusted. We grew up together, and you are all I have left. And by the way, Cid told me where you were."

Leon took a seat on the strangely warm stone floor and shot Cloud a skeptical look. "And I've known you since you were born, so tell me the real reason you've tracked me down."

"Like I said, you're all I have left." The tone of the younger man's voice caused Leon to look towards him. Cloud, back pressed to the wall gazed at Leon with deep eyes. His shirt had once again been removed and the old, bloody gauze replaced with clean white ones.

"What do you mean?" Leon asked cautiously.

Cloud chuckled to himself. "You're the only one I can remember." Leon was on his feet moments later, crossing the distance between them and dropping himself next to Cloud. Cloud continued. "I have very few memories left. I can't remember where I was born, who my friends are, and how we lost our world."

Leon leaned his back onto the wall, his perspective changing greatly. "But you remember me, and you remembered Yuffie, and Aerith." He paused. "I know you remember Aerith."

Cloud shook his head. "I have small fragments of memories, and even then they are very confusing. While I can remember select things about you, I have only quick images of Yuffie, and practically nonexistent knowledge of Aerith. I remember waking in the coliseum a long time ago, Hercules asking me who I was, and where I came from." Cloud spoke in the same low voice he always had, but Leon noticed the tone had changed just slightly. If he wasn't mistaken, this new voice was retaining some of its innocence from their childhood. Before all the fighting and blood had begun.

"It took me a full week to remember my name." Cloud turned the short distance to look Leon in the eyes. "And another to remember anything about you. I came here looking for answers, I have been on a quest for answers for a very long time."

"Why were you competing against Sora at the tournament?" Leon asked, becoming more intrigued with his friend by the moment.

"A job." He remarked quickly, declaring he didn't wish to discuss that any longer. "But I've seen now I can't stay here."

"What?" Leon asked in surprise. "There is a place for you here. It might be a little cramped at first but I'm sure we can make it work. And it would be great to have someone to go patrolling with. And we could help you remember." Though he paid no attention to it, Leon couldn't help but hear the nagging voice in the back of his head asking him why he was making such and effort to keep the blonde man here. And if he looked deep enough, he probably been able to determine it was not originating from his mind, but his heart.

"It would be nice to stay for a while, perhaps learn a few things about myself I have forgotten. But it is something I simply cannot do. To stay would be placing you, Yuffie, Aerith, and this town into danger. I just can't stay."

"Why?" Leon questioned. "What could happen by you staying?"

Cloud climbed to his feet. "Nothing, I just can't stay." The blonde walked towards the bottom entrance to Merlin's house. "I'll be gone by the morning."

"Wait!" Leon called, forcing Cloud to stop. "You can't go, after we just found you!" Cloud ignored the man, and continued walking towards the steps. "What about Aerith?" Leon struck a nerve in Cloud, and caused him to look back.

Leon suddenly felt like a child underneath Cloud's piercing blue eyes, the eyes that had haunted him for so long. "I don't know about the past, but I'll assure you right now I can see her as nothing but a friend."

"And tell my why you can't love her, as much as she loves you!" He demanded, taking steps towards Cloud. "She's spent this entire time looking for you because she loves you more then life!"

Cloud sighed deeply, a sympathetic look on his features. "She is beautiful, and a wonderful, caring person. In any other instance I could find myself falling in love with her in a second. But I cannot love her because," He paused. "Because my heart belongs to another."

"What woman!" Leon demanded, he had stalked forward to stand inches from the man, towering over him as best he could with a menacing look. "What woman could you love more then Aerith?!" He demanded once again to know.

Cloud smiled, that same smile that developed right before he landed a critical blow in battle. "Who said it was a woman." And with a quick turn he was gone.

End of Chapter!

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
OMG.

"Who said it was a woman?" = NICE. But Cloud X Aerith is my favourite pairing of all time.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
"Which woman can love you more than Aerith?" yeah which woman can love him more than Aerith!..(lol I forgot..me..duh XD)
"My heart belongs to another"..I just hope is not who I'm thinking of...:cry:
"Who said it was a woman?"....um...Then is it a man?:blink:...no that can't be*walks in her room feeling confused* a man?!...that can't be T^T
Anywasy great chapter! I'm more curious now...I want to know why Cloud can't love Aeris and who is the owner of his heart!......Yeah I wanna know and..*starts running histerically* I just hope is not her!...>.<
anyway yeah my favourite pairing is CloudxAeris too =D.
Anyways, I hope you post more soon^^;

Squ@ll

Nice fan-fic Squall and it all fits...but ur kinda makin Cloud gay here...who does his heart belong 2 then Hades? Lol...But I cant say anything cause u haven't posted the next chapter yet..Lets see what u have in store next

Squall

Well hopefully I will write the next chapter today.Well Cloud is not at all gay dont worry,I am just trying to give an interesting twist to the story.

Squall

Here is the next chapter,

Chapter 3:Why are you running?

Sora approached Leon cautiously. He was unsure if he should go near the pacing man swinging his sword viciously through the air. Sora stood still, wondering if the man would notice his presence, and he had been standing still for a while. "Uh, Leon?" Sora said, moving just a bit closer.

"I saw you there fifteen minutes ago, Sora." He did not falter in his exercises. "What did you want?" Sora scratched the back of his head, a goofy look on his face.

"I just wanted to come and talk to you about a few things." Leon stopped swinging and was now giving his full attention to the young boy. "It's about the heartless. Cid just installed this wicked cool gummi block to a new world, the only problem is it's crawling with heartless bigger and stronger then anything I've ever dealt with."

"It's because you're moving closer to the origin of the heartless. This will continue to happen until the heartless are gone. Perhaps you should go visit coliseum." Sora nodded.

"But I was kind of wondering if I could rest here for a while. I know the heartless get stronger every second that passes, but I'm kind of worn out on fighting at the moment." Leon was silent making Sora nervous. "I also know it'll be cramped, with Cloud here and all."

Sora jumped back in surprise as Leon gave him a harsh look. "Cloud won't be here for very long, he's leaving tomorrow." Leon stated, crossing his arms, his Gun blade now resting on the floor.

"Well, uh-" Sora stuttered.

"You can stay, but you'll have to stay with Merlin, and only if he approves." Sora nodded happily. "And you'll have to go patrolling with me." Leon looked past Sora suspiciously. "Where are the King's aids that are always following you around?"

Sora dropped casually to the floor, sitting Indian style. "Donald and Goofy went back to Tarzan's world. They promised to help him and Jane with something, and it could take a while." Sora leaned back. "I would like to speak with Cloud though, could you tell me where he is?" Sora asked.

Leon picked his Gunblade up off the floor. "A sparring match. If you win, I'll tell you where he went. But if I win, you have to spend the whole day and night here fighting me." Sora gulped hard and brought up his Keyblade to block as Leon lunged at him.
~*~

"I don't wish to speak about the subject, Yuffie." Aerith said, as the two women walked towards Merlin's house, having just made it to the second district doors. "And no amount of constant begging will change my mind." She added in for good measure, because one could never be too subtle with Yuffie.

"But I'm the one who got Leon out of the room! So you and Cloud could have some time alone!" The young woman stated. "I at least deserve to know the details." Yuffie continued to whine.

"One question." Aerith mumbled her words making Yuffie cheer and jump in the air slightly.

"Are you a couple now?" she asked, hearts in her eyes.

"No." Was the calm answer.

Yuffie, expecting the other answer, tripped in her surprise and dropped to the floor. "What?" She asked, outraged. "Why not?! You and Cloud are the perfect couple; we've all known it since our childhood. What did he say to you?"

Aerith was by mature a clam woman. And after having recovered from the pervious days events already, she felt comfortable enough to speak. "I said one question and you have asked three now."

Yuffie sighed. "Can you give me a strait answer? If you do I promise I won't ask on the subject again." Aerith gave her a knowing look. "Well, not for a while." The younger added in just seconds later.

"This Cloud is not the same one we grew up with." Aerith's voice was calm and collective. "He has changed, changed in ways I never thought possible. Cloud has let the darkness seep into his heart-and his soul." Aerith's own heart crushed at this revelation she had been denying until this point. "I'm not sure if he knows, but he's been touched by the darkness for a while, aiding what we are fighting."

Yuffie frowned. "Have you told Leon or Cid yet?"

"And break Leon's heart? Crush what little Leon can still feel?"

"I just-" Yuffie started, the conversation having gone sour just moments ago.

"I've seen the look Leon gives Cloud, looks he himself is not even aware of. Leon lusts for Cloud, possibly even loves him."

Aerith bit her tongue from talking further. Ever since her world had been invaded and they had been drawn to Transvers Town, Aerith had carried her hope. Hope that Cloud would return to find her and offer her his love. But her hope had been broken when she had observed Leon and Cloud in the same room. Leon wanted Cloud, she mused, and more then she wanted Cloud.

"But you and Cloud were always together, right up until the heartless invaded our world." Yuffie reasoned back. She knew the deep feelings that Aerith harbored for Cloud, knew the way the woman was breaking. In an ironic twist it was the same way Yuffie herself had broken when she had heard Leon calling out for Cloud in his sleep some months ago.

"He doesn't remember anything of that sort. He confided in me that his oldest memory is the coliseum that Hercules resides in. He's forgotten all about me, but not him."

Yuffie frowned at the tone of her friend's voice. "Who?"

Aerith paused in the middle of the district and clenched her fists. "Leon." Yuffie felt the tension in the air. "Cloud remembers Leon." Yuffie was suddenly concerned at the tone of her friend. She had never witnessed the brunette angry, and Aerith was something much more then angry. She was Jealous.

"Let's just get to Merlin, we need those new protective charms." Aerith stalked ahead, leaving a confused female ninja in her wake.

~*~

Cloud was concerned. More precisely he was worried, must more then he had been in the pervious month. He sat cross-legged on top of Merlin's roof, the one flat spot it offered. Lines creased his forehead, the pressure in his chest intensifying.

He had known from the start it was a bad idea to come to the town. He had known he would draw the others with him, draw them to Yuffie, and Aerith, and Squall. He had known they would easily have picked up his trail from the coliseum. And yet he had still allowed himself to come to the town, and more so interact with the people here.

Cloud's gaze settled on nothing particular as he rolled his thoughts over in his head. His original reason for traveling to the town was to allow his body enough time to heal. The wound he had acquired had been laced with a poison that blocked all his attempts to magically heal himself. He had assured himself he would be in and out of the town within a week's time. More then enough time to heal and avoid them.

One arm cradled his broken ribs while his other fingered the blade of his sword. Uncharacteristically he found himself allowing his mind to wander further and further into his situation. He felt slightly lifted that Squall had wanted him to stay, but terrified of what would happen if he stayed.

It was no big secret to Cloud that he was in serious mortal danger. He was being hunted, hunted by something that neither slept, nor ate, not paused. And he would be damned if he involved Squall in the matter. Cloud was sure he could take care of himself; he had been doing so for a while.

"Thought I might find you up there." A calm voice called out.

Cloud need not have looked down to realize it was the old man who had so graciously allowed him to rest on the roof. Slowly he uncurled his feet, and slid to the edge of the roof so he could see Merlin. "Do you require my help?" He asked, his ribs hurting him more then before.

"I'd like to talk to you." Gone was the happy smile that always seemed to line the man's face. As was the optimistic attitude that had forced Cloud to think lightly.

"Is this the young man?" Came a new voice.

An older woman dressed in a blue gown stood next to Merlin. Cloud had never laid eyes on this old woman before, and was by nature wary of anyone he could not trust. See seemed nice enough, but Cloud remembered his past mistakes, mistakes that had hurt him greatly on his quest.

"I'm Cinderella's fairy godmother, dear." The old woman stated. Cloud nodded and slipped down from the roof, arm dropping from his ribs when he came into view.

"If you've come to inform me that I must leave because of what I draw to this town, I am well aware and will be departing shortly." Cloud remained defensive.

The fairy godmother chuckled lightly and Merlin smiled. "No dear, I would never ask you to leave nor would Merlin. All beings have the right to reside here, this is a place of piece."

"But you do know what clouds my soul. You know what hunts me." Merlin gave a short nod.

"I want to offer you protection." Merlin stated. "But I doubt by that look you'll accept it." Cloud immediately became emotionless again; refusing to have the old man read his emotions so well again. "My magic is much stronger then Maleficent's, or-"

"I appreciate the gesture." Cloud cut him off. "But I was foolish enough to create the problem, and now I must find the solution, however painful it might be. I will be leaving this town within hours; I cannot risk bringing any of them here. They cannot know that this town exists."

At this both the fairy godmother and Merlin nodded. "This is possibly the last escape for those who have lost their homes. If anyone associated with the darkness was to find this place, the results would be devastating." Merlin said.

But at the man's statement Cloud gave him a hard look. "Then why do you trust me with this secret? How do you know I will not tell Maleficent the exact location of this town and who resides here?" Cloud challenged. "Perhaps I'll lead heartless here myself and take over this town."

"For the same reason Hercules gave you the location of this town." Merlin informed him. "Because you have been misled. You harbor troubling darkness in your heart, but that does not make you evil. You have been drifting for so long you have forgotten the feel of your own heart. You need only to rediscover it and the darkness will flee your body."

Cloud nodded and stepped down the stairs to the moving, floating rocks that would take him away from Merlin's house. "This town's secret is safe."

"There are those who would protect you here." The fairy godmother spoke. "Particularly one young man whom cares deeply for you."

Cloud stiffened. "If you are speaking about Squall I can assure you that man feels nothing for me aside from anger."

Cloud froze in his actions when a small giggle was heard from the old woman and a contained laughter from the man. "What?" He inquired, uncomfortable with the woman now.

"That is the very problem." Cloud turned away. "I cannot risk the lives of anyone here. And by staying I do that very thing. I thought I could avoid them." He confessed.

"My dear boy, fate is very much inevitable. You would have found some way to reach this town." Merlin informed him. "You are heading to Hollow Bastion, are you not?"

Cloud nodded. "But Ansem is still controlling that boy, and Maleficent is still in power. Won't you wait until Sora-" The godmother spoke up.

"I need to take the chance. I need access to that library. The library holds my history, or at least something I can use. But this really isn't any of your concern." Cloud hopped from the platform to the first floating rock. "Would you please greet Sora for me, I did wish to speak with him again."

"You can see him now." Cloud faced towards the old man's house, to spot the young man brushing past the cloth covering the entrance. Cloud could never understand how the old man knew so much. But on closer inspection he spotted a figure behind Sora, the very man he had been hoping to avoid.

"Cloud!" Sora took off in a dead run towards the man. And Cloud was very thankful when Merlin intercepted the boy, asked to speak with him about his travels. It did not, however escape Cloud's eye that the old man had purposely nudged Leon towards him. 'Meddling old man.' Cloud ground his teeth together, watching Leon move slowly towards him, and Merlin lead the old woman and Sora away.

"You're really going." Leon noted. "Not yet healed."

Cloud stood silently. "I was not under the impression that I had misled you when I informed you I would be leaving in a short time. My apologies, but certain circumstances have required me to leave earlier then planed."

Leon moved onto the small platform before Cloud. "Why?" One set of eyes locked on the other and Leon refused to back down. "Why are you running?" He demanded.

"I am not running." Cloud made to hop to the next rock when a warm hand reached out to grasp his wrist. The stand off began as Leon edged forward and Cloud tried to pull away. "Release me." Cloud ordered.

"Not until you tell me what you're running from. Why you are running from the only friends you have?" When Cloud tried to jerk away for the fourth time Leon pulled back and was able to easily pull the blond onto the platform, and very much close to his body. "Who are you running from?" He demanded again.

"You!" With a burst of energy Cloud ripped his hand away and moved back as fast as possible. Unfortunately for the blonde the stones in the water did move. And while the first one might have been right in front of the platform seconds before, now it had moved completely to the right. Cloud's foot reached for something solid he would never find and hit the water with a loud splash.

Cloud allowed himself to sink down in the icy water. His lungs did not burn for air yet and he was suddenly appreciative for the moment to solitude he found in the water. His eyes searched the murky waters for a place to come up for air, a place that would not contain Squall Leonhart.

When he could find none and he was in dire need for air he began to move towards the surface. But in the darkness of the water a sleek shape moved quickly. Cloud saw this immediately and in his surprise he lost what precious air he had been holding. His lungs were red for air and his ribs burned. He found himself kicking less and less until he felt himself, weighed down by his sword, sink to the bottom.

Suddenly strong arms wrapped themselves around his waist and he felt his head break the surface. He was now gasping for air and clinging to the figure that had pulled him from the watery tomb.

"Are you alright?" Leon asked him, his arm around Cloud's back supporting him. "I thought you were just joking around." Leon chuckled, trying to calm his breathing. "Then I realized that you don't joke."

Cloud regained his senses and pushed away from Leon. He climbed to his feet, knees shaking slightly. "I have to go."

Leon was on his own feet and rushing after Cloud. "Wait." He caught the man in another embrace, ignoring his mind chiding him for becoming so emotional. "Don't run. Don't you dare run from me."

"I have to." Cloud was actually allowed to pull away.

"Don't leave me." Leon said taking a step back. "Stay here, help me protect what is left."

Cloud shook his head and began to move from the rock to rock. "I can't stay, you just don't understand."

Leon clenched his fists and began to move after the man. Leon found it much more difficult to keep his balance on the floating rocks, being weighed down by his wet clothing and Gunblade. He watched in astonishment as Cloud moved seemingly effortlessly, but determinedly. "Then at least promise me something!" Leon yelled, his voice echoing loudly. "Promise me you'll come back!"

Cloud hopped onto the sand of the shore and looked back to Leon halfway from the small house. "You seem to know me so well." He stated. "So you must know I cannot make that kind of promise."

Sora had now exited the house and was racing towards Leon and Cloud. "Wait, Cloud, don't go!"

Cloud felt the small urges of a smile beginning to surface. "Hello, Sora." Sora rushed past Leon as fast as possible, meeting the much taller figure on the shore.

"You were going to leave without talking to me, weren't you?" Sora accused, crossing his arms. "Aren't we friends?"

Cloud moved down onto one knee, keeping Leon in side view. "Of course we are friends, Sora." His voice went low. "And being such I must ask you to do something very important for me. Would you please keep an eye on Sq- Leon for me? That man is very reckless at times."

Sora chuckled nervously. "You want me to keep an eye on a guy with a sword as big as me?"

"I'm trusting you with this Sora, as one of my closest friends." Sora nodded, accepting his new side mission. "Just for the duration of your stay is all I ask, while I'm away."

"Where're you going?" He asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

"To my old home. There is something I need to do there, someone I need to speak with. Hollow Bastion has been in the back of my mind for some time now."

"Hollow Bastion? I've never heard of that place."

Cloud shook his head. "It isn't important to you yet, there are still many worlds for you to visit before you encounter a place such as Hollow Bastion." When Cloud had moved but five steps away Sora spoke again.

"Maybe you can't keep your promise to Leon."

Cloud smirked. "Ever the perceptive one."

"But I will keep my promise to you-under one condition." Cloud raised an eyebrow. "Don't do anything reckless."

Cloud nodded. "Far enough. I will try my best to honor your request."

Cloud disappeared away from the house and Sora hopped back to Leon. "Why-" Leon began to ask while Sora moved past him.

Sora chuckled. "And all those years Riku said I was dense."

End of chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back