• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gamerescape Interview with Unchained X's Producer Hironori Okayama

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
These two medals are the only ones that don't use renders/artworks from Kingdom Hearts though (which also makes them stick out really bad). This is really just some kind of cross-promotion at this point.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
DisneyPixars film assets are far higher poly than anything modern consoles can even come close to handling.

Good point, that reason's has more validity than what I stated earlier.

These two medals are the only ones that don't use renders/artworks from Kingdom Hearts though (which also makes them stick out really bad). This is really just some kind of cross-promotion at this point.

Not really, Square Enix chose to promote Zootopia because they have a liking for it. Ultimately, It's Square Enix who decides on what Disney properties to be represented: Disney does give suggestions but it's Square that has the final say of what's in and out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
DisneyPixars film assets are far higher poly than anything modern consoles can even come close to handling.
Ding ding ding, the answer I was looking for.

Ergo, it's highly impossible for Pixar to be giving out technology to assist with NPC creation.

Not really, Square Enix chose to promote Zootopia because they have a liking for it. Ultimately, It's Square Enix who decides on what Disney properties to be represented: Disney does give suggestions but it's Square that has the final say of what's in and out.
Actually they were given out as medals to promote Zootopia because it released in Japanese theatres like yesterday. It's Disney promoting their new film in their mobile game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Actually they were given out as medals to promote Zootopia because it released in Japanese theatres like yesterday. It's Disney promoting their new film in their mobile game.

Yes, I agree with this, but the thing is, Square Enix selected to promote this out of love for Zootopia. There's way too much Zootopia based content to look at Zootopia's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X as nothing more than promotion.

sora1234

YUS!!! finally something I can use a lot!!! its also good cuz I like Zootopia:biggrin:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Yes, I agree with this, but the thing is, Square Enix selected to promote this out of love for Zootopia. There's way too much Zootopia based content to look at Zootopia's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X as nothing more than promotion.
What is your evidence for this?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What is your evidence for this?

In an interview, Nomura states that Square Enix has final say of all the Disney content that gets into the game. He says that Disney gives suggestions and is honest with what can and cannot be used legally. Sure, the Zootopia medals are advertising: but it's out of passion and appreciation as opposed to just corporal sponsorship.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Sure, the Zootopia medals are advertising: but it's out of passion and appreciation as opposed to just corporal sponsorship.
Again, you have no actual evidence of that. There isn't even conclusive evidence that S-E has even seen the film yet. All you said was that S-E has final(-ish) say, but all that could mean is that Disney went "we'd like Zootopia to be promoted in KHx" and all S-E would do was go "okay" which they would do since Disney is owner of the series and they want to stay on good terms with them and it's hardly a lot to ask to use KHx to promote things. It lends itself easily to it, after all.

I mean, are you going to argue that Chicken Little was added to KH2 not out of promotion but due to Nomura's passion and appreciation for Chicken Little?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Again, you have no actual evidence of that. There isn't even conclusive evidence that S-E has even seen the film yet. All you said was that S-E has final(-ish) say, but all that could mean is that Disney went "we'd like Zootopia to be promoted in KHx" and all S-E would do was go "okay" which they would do since Disney is owner of the series and they want to stay on good terms with them and it's hardly a lot to ask to use KHx to promote things. It lends itself easily to it, after all.

I mean, are you going to argue that Chicken Little was added to KH2 not out of promotion but due to Nomura's passion and appreciation for Chicken Little?

GamesTM magazine interview with Tetsuya Nomura discusses Disney's role and the possibility of multiple playable characters in Kingdom Hearts III - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

Here's your evidence. And you do know that Square Enix sees Disney movies before they're theatrically released? How do you think Big Hero 6 was announced just a year after the movie was released? they watch it in advanced, therefore, they've seen Zootopia.

And Chicken Little being a summon, well, it's a summon. Just a single character. He could have easily liked the Character but hated the movie (cause truth be told, the only redemming factor of Chicken Little is Chicken Little himself).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Here's your evidence.
That... wasn't evidence of anything. I said you had no evidence of them promoting Zootopia out of passion and you provided an interview that did not support that claim at all. The interview didn't even support your earlier claim of S-E having final say, aside from a vague "I don't feel Disney has ever kept us from doing something" comment (which does not say that Disney has never asked them to include something). And even in that case Nomura specifies that he's referring to the original KH story and not the Disney content.

Like what part of that interview do you consider evidence of anything?

And you do know that Square Enix sees Disney movies before they're theatrically released? How do you think Big Hero 6 was announced just a year after the movie was released? they watch it in advanced, therefore, they've seen Zootopia.
They said they can see Disney movies before release but that isn't confirmation that they have seen literally every Disney movie before release, and it's not conclusive evidence that they have seen Zootopia. It's a possibility they have, but not a confirmation that they have.

It's fine if you think highly of Zootopia, but let's call a spade a spade. It's inclusion in KHx is a promotional thing that does not show evidence of any particular affinity on the parts of the devs.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That... wasn't evidence of anything. I said you had no evidence of them promoting Zootopia out of passion and you provided an interview that did not support that claim at all. The interview didn't even support your earlier claim of S-E having final say, aside from a vague "I don't feel Disney has ever kept us from doing something" comment (which does not say that Disney has never asked them to include something). And even in that case Nomura specifies that he's referring to the original KH story and not the Disney content.

Like what part of that interview do you consider evidence of anything?

They said they can see Disney movies before release but that isn't confirmation that they have seen literally every Disney movie before release, and it's not conclusive evidence that they have seen Zootopia. It's a possibility they have, but not a confirmation that they have.

It's fine if you think highly of Zootopia, but let's call a spade a spade. It's inclusion in KHx is a promotional thing that does not show evidence of any particular affinity on the parts of the devs.

That was more than evident, you just refuse to see it as so. I'm pretty sure that interview clearly states that Square Enix have final say of what goes in and out of Kingdom Hearts is out of what they're into. Because Disney Interactive (the Disney side of Kingdom Hearts) works with Square Enix, they have early access to Disney movies in order to cross-promote. It's not just a promotional thing. If it was strictly a promotional thing, they'd have left it with the medals. They didn't need to go all out with an event and outfits.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
That was more than evident, you just refuse to see it as so.
No, you are projecting passion and admiration onto this promotional event that has no hard fact evidence of being true. I'm not denying that it's possible that the devs saw the movie and liked it, but you're going around stating it as fact which can mislead people into believing it being confirmed and possibly suggest more than it might mean.

I'm pretty sure that interview clearly states that Square Enix have final say of what goes in and out of Kingdom Hearts is out of what they're into.
Did you not even read the interview? Because it doesn't clearly state that at all.

It's not just a promotional thing. If it was strictly a promotional thing, they'd have left it with the medals. They didn't need to go all out with an event and outfits.
That would hardly be a good promotional event? Consider how even 2.8's announcement got a full event from them. Medals aren't enough if the actual goal is to seriously promote and hopefully boost ticket sales of the movie, that's why there was more than just Medals being added, but they made it a bit of an event to get people interested and invested.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
alpha baymax, its clear you really like and know a lot about disney, especially with meeting people and getting early screenings, but you're arguing with people who have immense knowledge of disney and even more when it comes to kingdom hearts.

if there was any actual evidence pointing to a zootopia world in III, i assure you they would not be derailing your hype train and A. make a speculative thread or B. type "let's wait for e3 and see ;) " if they had insider info.

keep in mind that they have been in contact and interacted with square enix on multiple occasions, and they aren't called "insider" for kicks. arguing with them is pretty arrogant.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
alpha baymax, its clear you really like and know a lot about disney, especially with meeting people and getting early screenings, but you're arguing with people who have immense knowledge of disney and even more when it comes to kingdom hearts.

if there was any actual evidence pointing to a zootopia world in III, i assure you they would not be derailing your hype train and A. make a speculative thread or B. type "let's wait for e3 and see ;) " if they had insider info.

keep in mind that they have been in contact and interacted with square enix on multiple occasions, and they aren't called "insider" for kicks. arguing with them is pretty arrogant.

All the more power to them, I am not denying their ability to provide news or knowledge. If anything, I'm appreciative of that. It's just the fact that people easily assume that Zootopia has a 0% chance of being represented. I'm not saying it's definite (if anything, Big Hero 6 seems to be the cut-off point for recent worlds), I just think that we cannot dismiss all the Zootopia related content as just "promotion for the movie" and nothing more.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I just think that we cannot dismiss all the Zootopia related content as just "promotion for the movie" and nothing more.
Well then say it like that -- that it's your opinion. My problem with your posts was that you were saying things as if they were indisputable facts, combined with incorrect conclusions, which could spread misinformation.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All the more power to them, I am not denying their ability to provide news or knowledge. If anything, I'm appreciative of that. It's just the fact that people easily assume that Zootopia has a 0% chance of being represented. I'm not saying it's definite (if anything, Big Hero 6 seems to be the cut-off point for recent worlds), I just think that we cannot dismiss all the Zootopia related content as just "promotion for the movie" and nothing more.

they're calling it how it is. there is no proof that its anything more than promotion and discussion that it is will make many members believe that it will be a world.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Devils advocate here.
While I agree that there is no proof, when we got the new versions of Grid Sora and Riku form 3D in χ, a lot of people were quick to boast how that was almost all the proof needed to say that 3D was getting an HD remix.
Again, I'm not saying Zootopia is definitely in for 3, I'm just saying that it does seem like a suspiciously familiar situation.

But everyone is correct that there is no proof.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Devils advocate here.
While I agree that there is no proof, when we got the new versions of Grid Sora and Riku form 3D in χ, a lot of people were quick to boast how that was almost all the proof needed to say that 3D was getting an HD remix.
Again, I'm not saying Zootopia is definitely in for 3, I'm just saying that it does seem like a suspiciously familiar situation.

But everyone is correct that there is no proof.
I wouldn't really say those are similar situations. They have been upfront about Zootopia being promotion for the movie's release in Japan. The renders for the medals aren't even done in a KH-style either, suggesting even less that it is indicative of anything.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, if those were renders of Nick and Judy in the KH3 engine, obviously that would mean something. Which is why it was suspicious they updated the Grid renders similarly to the updated BBS ones that were released before 2.5's announcement I believe as well. At this point yeah its unfortunately just promotion.

Though with its success Zootopia could see an inclusion in a future game. I really think its far too late to make the cut for 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back