• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Great Maw Battle is how long?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

the Rainmaker

I am about to do the battle in the Great Maw (right at the part where you fight Demyx), and my mom is only giving me two hours to play. So I really need to know how long it takes from Demyx to the end of the 1,000 to complete the battle. Also, does anything else random happen in those battles, like long cutscenes, a fight with Sephiroth, etc. I know from the trailers that you meet someone for the 'first' time, something with Goofy, and that's it. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
well it depends on how you fight , but i know i hate when youve got a time limit from you mom i ussually go over it cause i think i ll make another part aswell and so on till i go over it :pbut it should be okay but you prob don t have 2 hours left

Khaston

It'll probably take you about an hour and a half, what with the amount of times you'll lose to Demyx, so your timing is just right.

Plus the person you meet is very important.

Theory Master

Website
www.myspace.com
its easier when u do his reaction commands when he starts walking slowly by in every step a wall of water comes up, u need to be hella fast cuz i have done it 4 times and not in a row. u have to block and then when the wall is down press X once and get close to him and just keep pressing thriangle till the command is over then use limits to finish him off quickly

darkside riku

i dont know, i beat demyx on my first try when i played. hes actually really easy if your good a dodging attacks, and then everything after that is easy as pie. i think you can do it within 2 hours.

the Rainmaker

Thanks for the replies, guys. If it clears it up more, I am currently almost level 30. I was planning on going to the Pride Lands, Agraba and Atlantica--which I haven't gone to but the game unlocked the Great Maw anyway for some reason--and bluntly I'm a horrible gamer. I lost to Axel as Roxas like three or four times in the Struggle (although of course in my defense, it was my first time seeing/fighting Axel so I was more geeking out over it than paying attention to the fight). Any recommendations for leveling/what level to be, what to equip, etc.? I've already tried my hand at Demyx, and I've gotten close to beating him after a few tries.

P.S. I know who it is I will meet. Other than that, my little brother tells me that a huge plot thing/mystery is revealed. I already know that because of this mysterious thing, I'll have to go back to all the worlds, I just don't know--or care to know right now--what it is.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
You need to go to Agrabah, Pride Lands, and Atlantica...sure, you can go to Hollow Bastion early but that will completely screw you up and you'll be doing the entire game out of order, not to mention that fact that you're a very low level

Seriously, don't go there yet, go back and beat Agrabah, Pride Lands, and Atlantic.

Once you do that you should be able to beat the entire Great Maw in under a half an hour

Twilight Hoshi

Thanks for the replies, guys. If it clears it up more, I am currently almost level 30. I was planning on going to the Pride Lands, Agraba and Atlantica--which I haven't gone to but the game unlocked the Great Maw anyway for some reason--and bluntly I'm a horrible gamer. I lost to Axel as Roxas like three or four times in the Struggle (although of course in my defense, it was my first time seeing/fighting Axel so I was more geeking out over it than paying attention to the fight). Any recommendations for leveling/what level to be, what to equip, etc.? I've already tried my hand at Demyx, and I've gotten close to beating him after a few tries.

P.S. I know who it is I will meet. Other than that, my little brother tells me that a huge plot thing/mystery is revealed. I already know that because of this mysterious thing, I'll have to go back to all the worlds, I just don't know--or care to know right now--what it is.

Sure you have to beat these worlds to be more strong .. I Actually defeat Demyx with 34 level ..
it just take quarter or half hour to defeat him ..
I'll give you my way .. If Donald have the ability Fantasia (Idon't remember which level he will get it) let'em equip it with the ability Auto limit ..
So when you fight Demyx follow reaction commands "Comet" to beat those dancing water .. "sometimes in one Attack" then fight Demyx himself by drive " Valor"
I hope it'll be useful..

Khaston

If your driving aswell, try not driving, it screwed it up for me lots of times.

esspecially Master :mad:

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
When fighting Demyx do not use drives couse you could get Antiform and he will probably defeat you then, give Donald and Goofy a lot of healing items, use MP mostly for cure and when you use all of your MP circle around Demyx to avoid his attacks till your MP is full, do not carry ethers, save your item space for healing items, when you have Demyx in a combo after you do a finishing move he will be tossed in the air but don't try to get him in a combo again because he will interupt you with a attack that will do you a lot damage. When he summons the water things just go wild, attack them and use reaction comands, there is no good advice about this.
Don't worry about the time, 2 hours will be enougt and there is a save point between the Demyx battle and the 1000 Heartless battle, for me 30 minutes was enought to defeat Demyx and the Heartless on level 31 on proud mode.

Devil_Jin

Well, it took me half an hour, but you should try and fight Demyx rather quickly (That part is the most time consuming) the part where you have 1000 Heartless shouldn't take you long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back