• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

.hack//G.U.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
hey guys. i want everyone to know that there be a sequel series in dot hack.

note: the info is base from wikipedia but i'll add some comments and notes.

.hack//G.U. is the title of a series of three video games for PlayStation 2. The first title in the series, Vol.1 Resurrection, will be released in Japan in May 2006 and sometime in 2006 for North America. Vol.2 A Voice that Reminds Me of You will follow in September 2006 and Vol.3 At a Walking Pace will be released in December 2006.

It has also been stated that the first volume is longer than the four .hack games combined. Unlike .hack, the three games will be completely different, possessing different characters and stories; only the setting and environment will be related.

Summary

Haseo, the PKK (Player Killer Killer) known as the "Terror of Death," is seeking out a PK (Player Killer) named Tri-Edge, a player that happens to resemble Kite, whose victims supposedly are unable to return to The World after he kills them. Haseo's friend, Shino, was attacked six months ago by Tri-Edge and the player herself, Shino Nanao, was left in a coma.

Haseo encounters Tri-Edge and Tri-Edge merely Data Drains him, not only rendering him in a coma in the real world and leaving him without any armor or weapons, but with a mystery on his hands as to the nature of the Data Drain and why Tri-Edge is in possession of such a skill.

Note: Tri-Edge looks like the corrupted version of kite, who the hero in .hack.

Characters

Haseo: The Terror of Death (Class: Multi-Weapon)
Atoli: The Mirage of Deceit (Class: Harvest)
Kuhn: The Propagation (Class: Steam Gunner)
Yata: The Prophet (Class: Danse Macabre)
Sakubo: The Machinator (Class: Warlock)
Endrance: The Temptress (Class: Blade)
Pai: The Avenger (Class: Grappler)
Ovan: The Rebirth (Class: Steam Gunner)
Tri-Edge (Class: Twin Sword)
Sakaki (Class: Brandish)
Gaspard (Class: Warlock)
Silabus (Class: Blade)
Bordeaux (Class: Blade)
Negimaru (Class: Twin Sword)
Grein (Class: Brandish)
Keyaki (Class: Unknown)
Gabi (Class: Brandish)

Note: from what i can tell there will be new weapon classes. but the only thing interesting here is the titles of the first eight characters from the top. their the same titles from the eight phase that where defeated the original series.

features

At the Tokyo Game Show 2005, Bandai revealed that there would be a connection to the previous .hack game series, and that .hack//G.U. would use the save game file from .hack//QUARANTINE in some way; exactly what effect the old save file has was not revealed.

The game will have some connectivity to .hack//frägment, though exactly how this connectivity works has not been explained.

Vol.1 will come packaged with a Terminal Disc entitled .hack//G.U. THE END OF "The World". The Terminal Disc will contain all of the cutscenes from the previous .hack games re-rendered in the new G.U. engine and provide an explanation for what happened between the end of .hack//QUARANTINE and the start of Vol.1. There will be more features in the Terminal Disc that can be unlocked via save data from all three G.U. video games.

there also some info about it here: http://www.dothackers.net/

so..... what do ya think?

Br0k3n Riku

I want to know more about the Quarantine Data, do you think its possible to use characters from the previous games? hmm, that would be really cool, exept it would also be too easy if you could use them in the first disk....but I have been following the .hack games for awhile now, and there is also another game that came out in japan called .hack//fragment, it is like a prototype for the world, hence the name fragment, although it might not ever be released in america...

Br0k3n Riku

ya they are supposed to be redoing the battle system to make it better, I really hope they do because the battle system in the first games wasnt all that great...

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
the one thing that is new is the ability to launch suprise attacks on enemies. Launching surprise attacks will increase the amount of damage Haseo does to monsters in a battle. Haseo will also be able to change weapons during combat in real-time.

Br0k3n Riku

ya I'll be getting this game once it comes out, but has there even been a release date for the U.S. yet? I heard it was supposed to come out this summer, Vol.1 anyway. And that terminal disc thing sounds cool, if its gonna be the way I think of it, it will only come with disc one and you unlock movies as you get further through the volumes, so that you actually have to beat the games in order to see the extra movies, unlike the first one, where you just watched the DVD that came with it.

Br0k3n Riku

aww man, I thought it was this summer... gah well I'm getting PSU in june or something so that should keep me busy till .hack comes out.

Tmax

Can one of you guys fill me in with what happened in Outbreak and Quarantine? I beat Infection and Mutation, but I never got to the other two. All I want to know is plot info, anything important. I don't care if it is a major spolier to the game, I want to find out all I can before GU comes out, cause I'm definitely gonna get that game.

P.S. If someone can give me a link to a site with this information, that'd be great!!!

Br0k3n Riku

why dont you just go get the games? you have till then end of the year, whats the rush?

Tmax

With sports, school, and work, I honestly don't have the time to beat the next two games. I mean, the only reason I was able to play KH2 was because I had Spring Break. I know it might sound lazy, but I just want to know the plot info so i'm caught up for GU.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Tmax said:
With sports, school, and work, I honestly don't have the time to beat the next two games. I mean, the only reason I was able to play KH2 was because I had Spring Break. I know it might sound lazy, but I just want to know the plot info so i'm caught up for GU.

Well to be caught up for GU, you need to find the plot summaries for:

.hack//SIGN
.hack//OUTBREAK
.hack//QUARENTINE
.hack//UNISON
.hack//LIMINALITY
.hack//LEGEND of the TWILIGHT
.hack//ROOTS

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
an anime series that takes place months prior to hack//G.U.

dothacker just got some new scans.

Br0k3n Riku

oh so it's like the .hack//sign for GU, do you know where I can find it? or is it on TV now?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Br0k3n Riku said:
oh so it's like the .hack//sign for GU, do you know where I can find it? or is it on TV now?

Look it up on fan subbing torrent sites. It's up to episode 3 and it was reported to have 26 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back