• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Happy 22th Birthday KINGDOM HEARTS | Child of Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

StyX

Awards

I'm back with a new video for the 22nd anniversary of #Kingdomhearts (which took me quite a while). Well, I love Xehanort's character XD the video is about the child of destiny.

Thanks to @Kurasanick
and Mr Puzzles for the Another Road mod on KH3!

Feel free to give me your opinion 😃

StyX

Awards
not big on AI voices being used for stuff like this

edit: actually, i'm being too nice. this fucking sucks.
the important thing is that it's not voices used by dubbing actors but by a real generative style by official software and not on an obscure site. i don't necessarily agree either when it uses voices of dubbing actors... if you don't like it, it's not a big deal for me :p... no need to say it's rubbish just because you're not in touch with the principle....

I'm not interfering with anyone's work in any way! it's one of my ways of expressing a form of creativity too...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh, is that right?
it's not voices used by dubbing actors but by a real generative style by official software and not on an obscure site
Did Ben Diskin (whose voice is poorly cloned in this video) consent to being used? I have my doubts. please never promote one of your dogshit videos on this forum ever again

StyX

Awards
Oh, is that right?

Did Ben Diskin (whose voice is poorly cloned in this video) consent to being used? I have my doubts. please never promote one of your dogshit videos on this forum ever again

The child Xehanort is dubbed by Ben Diskin? What are you talking about? It's not his voice that's been cloned or used in this video (no voice has been cloned here). Your attempt to intimidate and cancel my post are grotesque... neither of the two characters in the video were dubbed in the series...

It will be up to the admins and the site to decide whether to keep my post or not. You just wanted to represent a position that I understand to a certain extent, but in this situation it has no place.... moral judgement is your...

EDIT : The sequences with the young xehanort at the end of the video are the official parts of KH3 remind and I think I have the right to use these passages, don't you? Or did you think it was AI xD it's pretty funny.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
EDIT : The sequences with the young xehanort at the end of the video are the official parts of KH3 remind and I think I have the right to use these passages, don't you?
I misheard the YMX portion at the end, but the point still stands that cloned AI voices harvest data (emphasis, pronunciation, diction, tone, emotion) from non-consenting performers, even if the 'original' synthetic voices aren't specific clones of anyone in particular. The formation of this new technology has plagiarism in its bones, and its beyond gross to use for any project meant to be taken seriously.

StyX

Awards
I misheard the YMX portion at the end, but the point still stands that cloned AI voices harvest data (emphasis, pronunciation, diction, tone, emotion) from non-consenting performers, even if the 'original' synthetic voices aren't specific clones of anyone in particular. The formation of this new technology has plagiarism in its bones, and its beyond gross to use for any project meant to be taken seriously.

You can't distinguish what is or isn't generated on the young Xehanort (That's not a point - on the contrary, you wanted to attack me on some of your statements, which were false) but you have a value judgement on the rest? I'm not using a simple copy (it's an OFFICIAL software) where copyright is respected, so I'm not infringing anything, so your censorship and your methods of intimidating and censoring are inappropriate and misplaced! My POV of what I've proposed, to a certain extent, it's not as bad as you claim in terms of fidelity, but you're also free not to like it (it's ok..
I'll take the criticism)

You're defending no-one but yourself as a false white knight on the values that I understand about dubbing, but in no way have I disrespected any creator (whether you like it or not, the industry is already starting to use AI-generated content) and this will become a standard for progress in certain areas and that doesn't mean that dubbing will disappear....

Just because I use a certain method doesn't make me someone who promotes the use of unofficial voice copies.

I understand the fears on certain points but at my level I wanted to present a few things because I'm passionate above all and I'm neither a graphic designer, nor a 3d programmer, nor a dubber. Does that prevent me from expressing a form of creativity without plagiarising anything and you want to exclude me from the Forum for that?

Does that mean that everyone who works on mods using models or other things are plagiarists? Obviously not!

Do you know what freedom of speech means ?

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Not trying to argue, but AI is an extremely touchy topic for people and you posted that here, open to critique.

StyX

Awards
Launchpad was being quite polite at first, so I don’t understand why you’re acting so offended? Not trying to argue, but AI is an extremely touchy topic for people and you posted that here, open to critique.

quote him : Did Ben Diskin (whose voice is poorly cloned in this video) consent to being used? I have my doubts. please never promote one of your dogshit videos on this forum ever again

not big on AI voices being used for stuff like this

edit: actually, i'm being too nice. this fucking sucks.

For you, it's just being polite ? denigrating for the sake of a value judgement... Should everything be banned for this kind of reason? It's a sensitive subject that shouldn't necessarily be judged so easily and with such total disrespect...

I don't take it personally but I'm defending my vision and I have the right to do so. I think I'm being polite in what I say.

Chie

Awards
the important thing is that it's not voices used by dubbing actors but by a real generative style by official software and not on an obscure site.
I'm not using a simple copy (it's an OFFICIAL software)
What are you trying to say here? I understand that it's not a deepfake of any KH voice actors, sure. But what does "official" mean? Official to what? Are you saying that software from "an obscure site" is inherently "unofficial" in a general sense because it's not popular...?

StyX

Awards
What are you trying to say here? I understand that it's not a deepfake of any KH voice actors, sure. But what does "official" mean? Official to what? Are you saying that software from "an obscure site" is inherently "unofficial" in a general sense because it's not popular...?

This means that the software is official and the voices used by this software do not infringe any copyright. It uses its own base without copying anything.

(It's a video editing software that provides this option) like Photoshop with AI-generated option for deleting an element or adding an object etc...

There's good and bad, you just have to know the difference. I agree that there's always some improvement to be made with this technology, it's not perfect yet, but I can express myself with this possibility.

Get ready because Square Enix is going to use it in their next games and you won't make any difference (I'm not just talking about generic dubbing), at least on NPCs and so on...

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Get ready because Square Enix is going to use it in their next games and you won't make any difference (I'm not just talking about generic dubbing), at least on NPCs and so on...
Do you mean the software you’re referring to overall? Or AI voice acting?

Chie

Awards
This means that the software is official and the voices used by this software do not infringe any copyright. It uses its own base without copying anything.
The first part is tautological and the second part is not what the word "official" means.

StyX

Awards
The first part is tautological and the second part is not what the word "official" means.

I pay for an official license to use this video editing software that many people use. This means that it's royalty-free content (the voices are generated by the software, not by an individual) I guess that's the problem, but then again, that's not going to make the dubbing actors and the dubbing itself disappear. . I hope that's clearer.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I pay for an official license to use this video editing software that many people use. This means that it's royalty-free content (the voices are generated by the software, not by an individual) I guess that's the problem, but then again, that's not going to make the dubbing actors and the dubbing itself disappear. . I hope that's clearer.
I mean what's the software's name, just to be clear

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The use of AI is highly unethical, however there are a few things here in need of clearing up.

Unethical or not, there are no rules in place at KHInsider for AI or generative works of this nature and considering the parts that were generated were probably through a licensed software with voice libraries, there doesn't seem to be anything illegal happening with this piece. Ben Diskin's voice was not cloned for this video.

The OP's first language is not English, so going around and around about certain distinctions such as "official" may be a moot point.

Would it have been better to find actors to dub this? Sure but it's a fan piece, OP is not a multimillion dollar company with various age ranges of talent at their disposal and the video isn't even public, for god's sake, everyone chill the fuck out.

Chie

Awards
The OP's first language is not English, so going around and around about certain distinctions such as "official" may be a moot point.
It's not any kind of point, I just wanted to know what they meant.

Also, AFAIK there isn't anything illegal about deepfaking in the first place, as long as you don't use it for malicious purposes, so legality isn't in question. Conversely, I don't think there's anything unethical about using machine learning technology to synthesize a consenting voice either, which may be what OP means by "official" - an official usage of the guy's voice, I suppose, vs. an unofficial usage of Diskin's/whoever's.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm, yeah, my anti-AI opinion aside (sorry if it were too harsh, OP) people are free to do whatever they want and create whatever they like, as long as it isn’t stolen assets imo.

StyX

Awards
I'd still like to put an end to the debate and this post, I think.

I should have put a big disclaimer at the beginning of the video explaining the methods... but it's a wasted effort.. I think some people aren't ready for this kind of voice (I don't blame any of the people here) .

It gave me another perspective, but I was excited about my editing and now I regret it.... I have a friend who is suggesting that I should find some fans to dub the two characters in the video (a child and an elderly person). It's not going to be easy and I won't be doing it in English any more.

So that's it, I've missed my chance, but I hope it's not over, even if I have to admit that my motivation has diminished a lot... The dubbing hasn't been available in France since Kingdom Hearts II, and the licence outside Japan and the USA is already very limited in terms of localisation, not to mention the choice of medium etc...

Last edited:
Back