• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help Me!!! Please! I Beg You!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

This lowers my morale to beg you guys but I purchased a gamecube three days ago and I just bought Super Smash Brothers Melee yesterday. I tried to play the game and see if I still knew how to play and spent a good day's worth on the game. It worked fine too.

But this morning, I put in the disk, the game plays for 4 minutes approxiametely and then it'll say "The game disk could not be read..." And I was so...shocked...

I went to inspect the gamecube and noticed the the little glass lens used to convert the disk was under the tip of the disk and it just stopped. The disk just stopped spinning when the little lens under it went too far out and didn't read it anymore and at that point just stopped moving...

Anyone able to tell me a solution to this problem? I need help...Gamecube isn't my main game console...Thanks...

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I don't know what to tell you, but personally I think you should head to a store that can look at them. Did you get a warantee with it? The GCube that is, usually when you first buy it they offer a warrantee in case things do go wrong. Take it to the store, and if they won't fix it, look for a place nearby that pry could.

If it's not really broken or doesn't take much to fix it, surely other people here on the forums would know more than I. XP Only time we had problems was when my dad was playing it, and the outlet it was in has a switch that controls it, and my sister accidentally flipped it, turning it off without "reason" and scaring us. >.~ Bah.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Just out of curiosity, is it a black gamecube, by any chance? I find they break a lot more easily than purple ones, for some reason.

Tsuki-chan

つきこ
Awards
Heartless1990 said:
This lowers my morale to beg you guys but I purchased a gamecube three days ago and I just bought Super Smash Brothers Melee yesterday. I tried to play the game and see if I still knew how to play and spent a good day's worth on the game. It worked fine too.

But this morning, I put in the disk, the game plays for 4 minutes approxiametely and then it'll say "The game disk could not be read..." And I was so...shocked...

I went to inspect the gamecube and noticed the the little glass lens used to convert the disk was under the tip of the disk and it just stopped. The disk just stopped spinning when the little lens under it went too far out and didn't read it anymore and at that point just stopped moving...

Anyone able to tell me a solution to this problem? I need help...Gamecube isn't my main game console...Thanks...

that happen to me too and some of my other friends.hmm... is it just the game

Sora_99

I think you should go to the store where you bought it and ask them what is happening or you could buy a new one.

Darth Avarous

Is your gamecube a new one or is it refurbished? If it is refurbished I recommend that you take it back and purchase a brand new one. Lots of people don't take care of their stuff so you might have gotten stuck with one of them. Even though they say the system is refurbished it's not as good as a new one. They are not meant to be taken apart and have new parts put in.

Heartless1990

Reasons why I'm an idiot:
1) It's a black gamecube (I like black)
2) It was pre-played (My mom didn't want me to buy a new console for 100 so she wanted me to get the old one for 60)
3) Couldn't buy a warranty (not enough at the time)
4) Preplayed game (Super Smash Brothers)
5) Receipt is not found (The fan blew it somewhere)

So, in general, I am a total moron. Curse me out please because it'll "make me feel better".

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
"You're an idiot." :(

It's not really your fault- it's Nintendo's. I intend to make it my mission in life to find out the truth about the black GameCubes. They're probably manufactured at some other factory than the purple ones, using second-hand parts or something. >_>;

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
*sigh* Mayhaps you are, use this as a life lesson: ALWAYS keep track of your receipts, makes your life easier.

Also, I haven't really heard much on black ones, ours is that purple-blue one, rather nice.

I'd suggest you head to a store that does fix electronics. May cost a pretty penny or two, but also get a warranty or at least look into it. Trust me, you should have spent the 100 in the beginning mainly because if you go cheap in the beginning you're poorer than you would be in the end. :/ Bleh. Other than that, not much to tell you, I've had bad experiences with hand-me-down games. <_< The only one I've gotten that was a hand-me-down ended up having scratches and was broken, and my dad lost the receipt to it, so he bought me a brand new one, but still. <_<

Heartless1990

*sigh*...Well...now...I can sell my Super Smash Brothers Melee and exchange it so I only spend 10 dollars on a new SSBM. It's from an asian store and the amount of days I have to exchange on it is less than normal so I have till this saturday. Which is fine because 10 dollars isn't too much

Now, the gamecube itself is unknown to me because I can't exactly blame the game disk for the GAMECUBE STOPPING ITS ROTATION!!!!

So, I don't know which one to give up: the gamecube or the game.

I don't have the receipt for the GC so, I sell for 20...buy new PURPLE one for 80...how horrid....

In total, i'll pay 90 for everything in general...plus tax...And a warranty for the gamecube will add up to 100 to 110 dollars...

Thanks just...peachy...

I guess you're all right...

Thanks for sticking by me everyone...and thanks for the advice...

I'll keep this on my mind that I made a horrible mistake this day...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Heartless1990 said:
Now, the gamecube itself is unknown to me because I can't exactly blame the game disk for the GAMECUBE STOPPING ITS ROTATION!!!!

I suspected that would be the problem. I had a friend of mine who managed to keep his GameCube alive and somewhat operational for a few months by repeatedly slamming the disc cover and hitting the reset button. Eventually this broke it beyond repair, of course, and he is currently borrowing my purple GC.

jasoncho92

Website
www.buypmi.com
Looking at people who are cheapos and buy something that is not good and crying about it
makes me feel good that im not a game geek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back