• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help With Riku(Ansem)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SephyClone

Could someone give a strategyto beat Riku(Ansem), ive tried and tried but i cannot beat riku, anyon got a guide for me.

soraconankuto

In order to beat Riku(Ansem) I suggest going and getting the Metal Chocobo from one of the tournaments and be at about level 45 I would have to say. Oh and make sure you have Ars Arcanum equiped along with counter attack, dodge roll, and that is pretty much it. Hope it helps.

firion

i had to beat him with the spell binder, so hard!!!!!!!, just thought i should day that

S

SephyClone

Spell Binder? Whats that? And i am at level 45 and have the ars arcanium i think

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
hey is really fast so u should watch out for that and use guard which really helps cuz when u do u get a open shot to hit him

Sora Kun

For me I just used the (Olimpia=sp?) and started to whack him and glide. Beat him first try

Last edited:

J Ryoga

Website
members.aol.com
I agree with Cloud Strife, this was my favorite fight in the entire game.

Use Metal Chocobo or Olympia.
Equip "Guard," "Glide" and "Ars Arcanum" at the very least.
Keep "Cure" and "Aero" on your shortcut menu.
Stock mostly Ethers in Sora's menu, and maybe an Elixir or two.

Remember the #1 rule about fighting Riku...good or evil, he talks too much during battles. What he says is always a big tipoff as to what he'll do next. For example:

"Ha ha ha!", "Useless" or "Heal This!" - attacking
"Come!" or "SHOW ME YOUR POWER!" - blocking
"Behold the power of darkness!" - powering up/Dark Aura move
"Is that it?" - trash talk (a good time to heal/restock MP)

Cast Aero to start with, Guard his attacks (or strike at the same time) and combo him, but be careful with the timing. Ars Arcanum with Olympia really does a number on his HP. I tend to Glide or Dodge Roll away from his Sonic Blade since I don't like messing with it. He occassionally does his "block three times & attack" pattern from Destiny Islands, but know what to do there. This would be a good time to heal, since he's just standing there. But make sure you're far away or he'll get impatient and come after you eventually.

When he starts glowing (powering up), Strike Raid him to cancel it. Or use this time to heal/restock. If you're lucky, you can mangle his lifebar down pretty far before he starts with the heavy stuff.

Eventually he will power up and all his attacks will do Dark damage. Plus he uses "Strike Raid" (at least that's what it looks like; throws the blade, zips behind you to catch it.) Guard, smack, repeat.

When he starts with the move now known as "Dark Aura," (teleporting Sonic Blades, ending with a big exploding finale) Glide around the edge of the fighting area. You may get hit with a glancing blow here or there, but it should not be anything serious. As long as you stay out of the center, thus avoiding the "big finale." If you must heal, heal immediately after Dark Aura's finished.

Last edited:

Runty

I beat him with the Olympia Keyblade on Expert pretty easily, though he's definately one of my faviourite fights. Like J Ryoga said, he talks to much and gives away what he's going to do, though I had it several times where he said 'Come' and then attacked at the same time.

Awards
i beat him at about level 39 i reckon because i beat Ansem on level 40. try using Olympia.

S

Shadow_Rikku

hes pretty much the easyest boss if you equip stuff that guards against dark magic. i could beat him w/the kingdom key if i have that stuff equiped, of couse no mater what, i seem to always be on lev.46(not a level more not a level less) no matter how much or little i actualy train.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
ok here is my srategy.

When the battle begings, just keep whacking at him and blocking. Once when he starts to use his techniquest thats when it gets harder. When he does the one where he chases you and shoots the blue fire/energy thingy, glide. Then when he's done, ars arcanum. When he goes to do Dark Aura, just glide around. When he lands, thats when you heal yourself / restore MP.

Dagger-Karite

Be sure to have Metal Chocobo for a Keyblade and Ars Arcanum equipped. When he does the Dark Aura attack, Dodge Roll or Glide. Use Hi-Potions and Elixirs as necessary. Otherwise, just hack away.

Note: THIS IS THE SAME STRATEGY TO USE WHEN YOU FACE ANSEM ALONE! Only change there is equip Leonheart Keyblade and Dodge Roll to avoid that goddamn guardian.

Oracle

My Strategy:

Hit him 3-4 times, then dodge roll away because he'll counter it. Repeat untill he starts using Shadows of Oblivion, where you should keep him from facing you, then run at him and attack like you did the first time. When he starts using Dark Aura, dodge roll behind the attack and you shouldn't get hit, then when he says 'its over' stand perfectly still and you shouldn't be hit by the magic beam things that shoot up out of the floor after he's done Dark Aura, then continue to hack away at him until he's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back