• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hip Hop needs a Makeover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Why diss D4L? Not every song gotta be serious and shit, people still like eminem after that ass like that or whatever song. It's mike jones and his chopped up shit that ruined hip hop. We ain't all from texas and like that slow shit, and I'm tired of hearing the name mike jones. . .

Don't get me started on 50 and gggg u not.

dime55

it's cause lyrics dont sell. nowadays if it doesnt have a nice beat then it's "bad". kweli says so himself in "ghetto show"

"If lyrics sold
Then truth be told
I'll probably be
Just as rich and famous as Jay-Z"

and Late Registration wasn't all bad. iono why he collaborated with Paul Wall but yea thats one of the FEW tracks unlike 'ye. u have to LISTEN to the tracks. Diamonds was about how a lot of diamonds come from sierra leone, where people slaved others to mine for them. at the end of that video it says "Please purchase conflict free diamonds." Roses is about when loved ones are at hospitals and instead of not visiting and sending flowers, FAMILY is the roses that the person needs. Hey Mama: come on are you serious? u cant diss this track. 'Ye talks about his mom and how much she's done for him. and HOV's verse on that diamonds remix is FIRE

"How could you falter
When you're the Rock of Gibralter
I had to get off the boat so I could walk on water
This ain't no tall order, this is nothin to me
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week"

and yea other cats right now are ruinin hip hop. i have my issues with g-unit but they could still change my mind if they drop some REAL tracks.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
Why diss D4L? Not every song gotta be serious and shit, people still like eminem after that ass like that or whatever song. It's mike jones and his chopped up shit that ruined hip hop. We ain't all from texas and like that slow shit, and I'm tired of hearing the name mike jones. . .

Don't get me started on 50 and gggg u not.

^^Get started on G Unot...I am waiting.:D If you diss Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep, or Spider Loc, the ultimate pwnage will be at you=). Shit you can diss 50 though, he turned pop. If his next album was just like the Massacre...I won't like him anymore. If he goes back to his old material, i will be his number 1 fan.

Banks>>>>l41n0pr1d3 favorite rapper

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
G u not sucks balls naw I'm just playing Drama Setter they do have a few good songs I do like but whoever said Kanye West 2nd album flopped that's not true unless it flopped like T.I's first album before Trap Muzik then yeah I'd say it flopped but also Eminem can't just always be serious all the time we know that because most people like those type of songs like Ass like that its the same thing with Nas I got his recent album Street's Disciple I thought it was good but on his second CD it ain't like being serious but they do have a meaning behind most of them except Track No.7 Makings of a perfect B**ch I mean if Tupac were to keep making serious songs he probably would not have made it in the industry before he died because most people don't like serious songs especially now-a-days

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Kanye's Late Registration was a big flop compared to his first album. Roses, Gone, and Gold Digger were the only hot tracks on the Late Registration. Roses was lyrical as fu*k...not gonna deny that.

Roses-Kanye's best song
Many Men-50s best song
Changes-Tupac's best song
You never know-Immortal Technique's best song

I don't like B.I.G., he is overrated.

Unknown KeyBl@de

l4t1n0pr1d3 It's mike jones and his chopped up shit that ruined hip hop. We ain't all from texas and like that slow shit, and I'm tired of hearing the name mike jones. ..

Man Mike jones didn't make chopped & screwed,DJ screw did.and that genre doesn't really work for anyone with out a car.It was made for them boy ridin in a 05' escalade with spinnin rims and glocks in the trunk.But most people didn't know some of the hit's today were actually chopped and screwed. Like ciara with "Oh".sll they did was speed up the tempo of ciara's voice and you got a hit.

Last edited:

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Ay any body know when Saigon's album is coming out? I've been listening to his mixtapes for a minute and I'm likin' what I hear. Color of love knocks hella hard.

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
There is this really good rapper i'm starting to hear, the rapper called Z-RO i like the song that he has called "From The South" , Yall should check his music out.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
haven't been here for awhile enjoying my new christmas presents but still I just wish for hip-hop to go back to the way it was in the 90's that's when to me all the rappers were good I'm tired of hearing this girl is my B*tch and crap like that I've heard that so many times I want to hurl cause I must ask is your mama a B*tch is your sister a B*tch not mine but that's one things me and my family was talking about during christmas

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Notorious B.I.G.-Big Poppa-95

Tupac-I get Around-94

Mase-feel so good-96

Should I go on Jinx? Rap has always been about hoes and money no matter what. BUT those who rap about other things (including money and hoes) and actually publishes it as their single makes it big. Kanye is a perfect example.

The past like 3 years i think rap has turned TERRIBLE. Not all of it i meen i grew up listing to rap but latley im more a rock person. Now i will always LOVE;; Eminem, 2pac, Kanye, Common. ;; but only good rappers.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Alright Drama Setter I know about those but what I was trying to say is that now-a-days the rappers like Jay-z is always always talking about Girls Ho's you name it and money back then with Tupac he didn't have that many songs like that out except I get Around and another one I forget but rappers I know who usually don't talk about girls in a very bad way Kanye West, Common, Nas, Tupac, Eminem, and then also to I'm not just talking about their Songs on the Video but also on the CD's cause that's also another thing wrong with Hip Hop today we always listen to the Videos when Videos don't really mean sh*t

T

TrishLovesDamon

Well, hate to say it but the "Dirty south" is ruining rap.

Well, there are an ok few(Young Buck, D-tay, Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater) but people like D4L, Davied Banner, etc. just plain stick.

T

TrishLovesDamon

Speaking out Stat Quo, do you know when his Album comes out? My boyfriend wants to know because he wants to get it.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Drama Setter said:
^^Get started on G Unot...I am waiting.:D If you diss Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep, or Spider Loc, the ultimate pwnage will be at you=). Shit you can diss 50 though, he turned pop. If his next album was just like the Massacre...I won't like him anymore. If he goes back to his old material, i will be his number 1 fan.

Banks>>>>l41n0pr1d3 favorite rapper

50 - he started out good, but ended up franchising his verses rather than spitting them out with shitty video games and shoes.
Banks - just 50's sidekick, I don't know many people who actually like him
Mobb Deep - I hadn't heard anything from them since the 90s, then suddenly they pop out of nowhere and think they'll do good just cuz they're in G unit.
Spider Loc - Who?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Now Banks I like him he's pretty tight but the rest to me is crap I did like 50 at one time but now I hate him its just he reminds me of ever other rapper out there I mean what ever happen to gettin out the hood anymore like Dr. Dre use to talk about and Tupac, and Ice Cube, and Eazy E, NWA, Even Snoop Dogg messed up now but hey its like my friend said before he dropped out and keep in mind that he's white but he told me that the reason rap is so bad right now its thanks to the white people and if you were to come face to face with me about this I'll put my hand on the bible and tell you my friend did say this not me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back