• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you think KH3 will go down? (Speculation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhirlwindLancer

While everything is speculation at this point there are a few things we DO know:

1.) The seven defenders of light will duke it out in an epic battle against the thirteen darknesses led by MX

2.) The PoH are in grave danger, as MX plans to extract their hearts to forge the x-blade. Protecting them will almost certainly be a major plot point

3.) Kairi and Lea will be undergoing training and fighting alongside our heroes in the battles ahead

4.) TAV, Ansem, Roxas, Xion, and Namine have to be saved at some point during the game

So given all of this, anyone have any theories as to how the plot will unfold? What do you think will happen first? How will everyone who needs to be saved get saved and in what order will it happen? Do you think we'll see the return of the other members of the organization we haven't seen yet as their original personas? What will happen during the inevitable battle between light and darkness? How do you think it will all go down? Post your theories and ideas here! I'll list a few of my predictions:

-I think that somewhere down the line, Sora comes to realize that saving a number of their comrades will involve extracting them from his heart. Not sure how this will happen exactly, but the end result will be Sora's heart being left in a wounded state after the trauma it took to extract Ven's and everyone else's hearts from his own, and Sora being left in a comatose state.

-I'll admit, I haven't got a clue as to how mission "Rescue Aqua" mission will go, or how her and her rescuer(s) will escape from the RoD. But fast forwarding a little bit...
The now-saved Aqua goes to CO to find Ven in the chamber where she left him all those years ago... only this time he's awake! She gives him a hug and a mini reunion ensues. Ven pauses and senses Sora's pain. In a similar fashion to the way newborn Sora's heart reached out to Ven's damaged heart in the beginning of BBS, Ven's heart reaches out to Sora's damaged heart and heals it, waking him up. When they come back, everyone is waiting for them at Mysterious Tower and an even BIGGER reunion ensues. (I imagine an EXTREMELY awkward conversation taking place between Roxas and Ven).

-Everyone splits up to protect the princesses!!

-Everyone meets in the Keyblade Graveyard to fight MX and his other twelve selves. I always pictured Sora giving the final blow to Xehanort. Think Goku vs Kid Buu here: In a DBZ like fashion, he gathers energy from his friends and everyone he has met on his journey so far, creating a spirit bomb-like attack. He hurls the ball of energy at the old man, destroying him for good

*sorry if the DBZ idea sounded incredibly cliche, but if it isn't a spirit bomb that finishes off Xehanort, I can definitely see everyone combining their powers into one final attack that puts an end to him and saves the universe*

Also if a Mod could please put a spoiler tag on this for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't even want to think about it to be honest. There's going to be so much going on in KH3 I'm just hoping it doesn't come out feeling rushed.

WhirlwindLancer

I don't even want to think about it to be honest. There's going to be so much going on in KH3 I'm just hoping it doesn't come out feeling rushed.

Definitely. I really want Square to take their time with it and give us fans a true masterpiece! Also with all the loose ends that need tying up and all of the things that need to happen before the saga ends, KH3 is going to be a LONG game

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Definitely. I really want Square to take their time with it and give us fans a true masterpiece! Also with all the loose ends that need tying up and all of the things that need to happen before the saga ends, KH3 is going to be a LONG game

I hope they can find a nice balance of original content and the Disney worlds, too. I thought there was too much focus on original stuff in DDD, and a big lack of Disney specifically bosses. I mean there were only 5 Disney bosses including the opening fight against Ursula, and the secret boss fight against Julius. So I hope they don't do that again.

But at the same time, there really is a lot of original story to be told here. They are going to have to intertwine it in the Disney worlds a bit more I guess? I can't think of how else they could. Like the new Organization XIII might be causing trouble in the worlds again. Possibly to get the seven protectors of light to respond? Gah, I don't even know where to start :p There are so many ways it can go haha.

axel95

Awards
I think that the first thing that will happen in KH3 will be Aqua's rescue, restoring Ven's heart (Xion and Roxas could be "saved" at this point as well), and finding out what happened to Terra. KH3 could easily be a 100 hour game just from the story! 0_________O

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I think that the first thing that will happen in KH3 will be Aqua's rescue, restoring Ven's heart (Xion and Roxas could be "saved" at this point as well), and finding out what happened to Terra. KH3 could easily be a 100 hour game just from the story! 0_________O

Yes pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllz

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
2.) The PoH are in grave danger, as MX plans to extract their hearts to forge the x-blade. Protecting them will almost certainly be a major plot point

Okay first thing first. There seems to be some confusion here about the seven lights that are needed to forge the X-Blade.

The Princesses of Heart are not the seven lights needed to forge the X-Blade. The POH's hearts were created from the light of children after darkness had nearly consumed the realm of light. The seven hearts of pure light that were forged banished the darkness, sealing it behind a door (The Door to Darkness), and that darkness they banished became the realm of darkness. This is why the POH must be gathered to open the DTD because their hearts created it.

After the darkness was sealed away the seven hearts of pure light went about restoring the worlds and dividing them with invisible barriers, thus creating the realm of light we know to do. As such the 7 hearts of pure light the princesses hold act as a substitute for the light of the true Kingdom Hearts (Which fell into the darkness after the X-Blade was shattered in the Keyblade War) and uphold the realm of light.

Because those 7 hearts act as a substitute for the true KH, the shattered X-Blade produced 7 lights that choose 7 guardians to protect the POH. Just like the X-Blade protected the true Kingdom Hearts before the Keyblade War.

Therefore it is the 7 guardians of light that are needed to forge the X-Blade, not the POH.

The reason MX is going after the POH is because their hearts up hold the realm of light and if he can get to them he can destroy the barriers between the worlds and weaken the worlds for the coming Keyblade War. (This is what XH was using Maleficent to do in KH1, he wanted to use the POH to open the DTD and flood the worlds with darkness to weaken them for the Keyblade War, while Xemnas was busy trying to gather the 13 seekers of darkness using the first Organization XIII)

Yen Sid knows that if MX goes after the POH then the 7 guardians of light will have to defend them (Sora, Mickey, Riku, Terra, Aqua, and Ven being six of the guardians) and as such will be forced into battle with the 13 seekers of darkness. MX knows this and this is how he plans to create the battles that will forge the complete X-Blade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as for how I think KHIII will play out.

I think that Aqua will be saved first and then with her help they can rescue Ven's body from Castle Oblivion. However returning Ven's heart to his body may be difficult considering it has been sleeping inside of Sora (And perhaps Roxas for the time he was seperated from Sora in 358/2 Days) for 11 years, and as such removing his heart may damage Sora. Then of course we have the unknown factor of Vanitas. If a piece of Vanitas somehow managed to latch onto Ven and then lingering inside of Sora, then that could make it more complicated.

Roxas, Xion, and Namine are going to be the hardest ones to rescue. Roxas may be easier than the other two because if I remember recently Nomura confirmed Kairi actually restored a physical body for Sora when she turned him back to normal from being a heartless. As such if it wasn't for the whole memory restoration Sora was going through in 358/2 Days, it seems that Roxas could have existed alongside Sora without any problems at all.

Namine may be a bit more difficult considering her very unique existence which is still rather vague.

And Xion will be the most difficult since she is made from Sora's memories.

Though I suspect for Roxas, Xion, and Namine, if MX is succesful in forging a true X-Blade and using it to call the true KH from the realm of darkness back to the realm of light then Sora may use the power of KH to give Roxas, Xion, and Namine their own and complete existences.

Then we have Terra. I once thought Terra would be the most difficult to rescue however after finding out MX's heart is no longer inside of Terra's body and instead Terra is being controled now thanks to a fragment of MX's heart that was left inside of him, I think saving Terra is much easier now. Still though he will have to fight off the fragment of MX's heart inside of him and given how he once served as a host for MX's complete heart I'm pretty sure the fragment of MX's heart in Terra is a pretty big one. I think Eraqus' heart will be the key to saving Terra, and I think by the time the final battle comes around Terra will be with the other guardians of light where he belongs.

I think there is a chance we may see new enemies introduced. I've divided the enemies in KH into two categories:

Side Enemies: (Enemies that aren't permenant or don't have much impact on the story. Usually enemies used for one game)

1. Unversed
2. Dream Eaters

Main Enemies: (Enemies that are permenant in the series and have a large impact on the story)

1. Heartless (Realm of Darkness)
2. Nobodies (Realm of In Between)
3. ??? (Realm of Light)

Trinities and Trios are a reoccuring theme in the series, and since we've seen enemies from the realm of darkness and realm of in between, I think KH3 may introduce the final main enemy group, an enemy from the realm of light.

I believe and I hope i'm right that the main enemies end with these three groups. It's a given that more side enemies will probably come along like Unversed and Dream Eaters. But as for main enemies, I think they should stop at 3 types or else it will become redundant.

Finally I think KH3 will end will MX having nearly finished forging the X-Blade, and all that remains is for him and Sora to merge which leads to the final battle. With most of the X-Blade forged, most of the true Kingdom Hearts will have returned to the realm of light (I believe since the X-Blade in BBS was incomplete then the blue KH we saw in BBS was only a fragment of the true KH. In other words as more of the X-Blade becomes complete then more of the true KH is returned to the realm of light).

Sora and Xehanort clash and they begin to merge together and a beam of light shoots up from them and the X-Blade toward KH and finally the last piece of the true KH appears. Sora finds some way to overpower MX and ends up destroying the X-Blade. MX is caught in the blast as his body fades and his hearts becomes consumed by the X-Blade's energy, he reaches his hand toward KH and in an ironic moment he says "I was so close" and he dies with his heart being completely destroyed thus effectively erasing his existence and ensuring he will never return.

However the ensuing explosion causes of wave of light to spread out from the true KH that washes over the entire realm of light, leaving us on a cliff hanger.

With KHIII ending like that it allows Nomura alot of room to work with for the next saga. First we don't know what happened to Sora and what became of the other hearts that comprised the X-Blade (Though with the members of 13 Seekers of Darkness that were gathered from the past we can assume they returned to the proper place in time) but as for Isa, Braig, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Riku, and Mickey their fates would be left unknown until the next saga.

And due to the wave of light that came from the true KH and washed over the realm of light, this could lead to some changes in the order and laws of the KH universe allowing for things like new forms of travel between worlds, maybe the worlds are ordered differently, so on and so forth. Heck this could have even effected Heartless and Nobodies causing them to evolve into more advanced versions of themselves, which would put a new spin on the main enemies.

By doing that it would eliminate the complexities of the Xehanort Saga and allow the next one to start off somewhat fresh.

On a final note since the artificial KH in KH2 was a yellow heart shaped moon, and the KH in BBS (Which I believe is only a small fragment of the true KH) was a blue heart shaped moon, I think it would be appropriate for the complete version of true KH to be a colossus heart shaped sun. After all it is the true light.

EDIT: One more idea I meant to post. I think it would be interesting to see each member of the 7 Guardians of Light paired up with a princess of heart they will protect for example:

1. Kairi's guardian is Sora
2. Cinderella's guardian is Terra (They seemed to bond in BBS and Terra protected her then)
3. Snow White's guardian is Ventus (Ven protected her in BBS on her way to the cottage and she trusted him when the dwarves didn't)
4. Aurora's guardian is Aqua (Even though they didn't meet, she is the only BBS princess left so yeah)
5. Belle's guardian is Riku (It would be interesting to see Beast let Riku protect her after that whole KH1 thing)
6. Alice's guardian is Mickey (Alice seems like the type of person who wouldn't think a talking mouse is odd at all since she does think about impossible things all the time)
7. Jasmine's guardian is Lea (I'm not sure if Lea will be on the guardians yet but i'll use him until we know who is a guardian and who is not. But since I imagine Lea's fighting style will be similar to Aladdin's I think these two would be a good pair).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Memory Master:

While I think there are some pretty neat ideas I have to strongly disagree with the proposed ending.
Leaving KH III in an even bigger cliffhanger than KH II would be a bad move on Nomura's part especially leaving the fate of so many main characters unclear.
One of the focal points of KH III will be to rescue Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Naminé, Xion and Roxas. What point would there be to rescue them and then let them just perish again at the end leaving the players not only hanging with another downer ending but also making the complete efforts to save all those characters meaningless. And don't even get me started on Mickey...
Also I strongly doubt that the X-blade will be forged completely. Completing the X-blade would mean the end of the Universe and ending KH III with an Apocalypse would mean that Xehanort wins in the end.
Not to mention that I strongly doubt that strong characters like Mickey, Riku, Aqua or Ventus (especially Ventus, since he already suffered that ordeal once) would allow their hearts to be used for the X-blade. Even if a fusion/intersection happened they would resist preventing it from being truly complete.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
@Memory Master:

While I think there are some pretty neat ideas I have to strongly disagree with the proposed ending.
Leaving KH III in an even bigger cliffhanger than KH II would be a bad move on Nomura's part especially leaving the fate of so many main characters unclear.
One of the focal points of KH III will be to rescue Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Naminé, Xion and Roxas. What point would there be to rescue them and then let them just perish again at the end leaving the players not only hanging with another downer ending but also making the complete efforts to save all those characters meaningless. And don't even get me started on Mickey...
Also I strongly doubt that the X-blade will be forged completely. Completing the X-blade would mean the end of the Universe and ending KH III with an Apocalypse would mean that Xehanort wins in the end.
Not to mention that I strongly doubt that strong characters like Mickey, Riku, Aqua or Ventus (especially Ventus, since he already suffered that ordeal once) would allow their hearts to be used for the X-blade. Even if a fusion/intersection happened they would resist preventing it from being truly complete.

Well i'm not suggesting the X-Blade stays complete long enough for MX to actually use it and the true KH to start to a second Keyblade War. I'm just saying Sora and MX clashing at the end with a nearly complete X-Blade causing it to become complete from them touching blades (do not make a sex joke about that, I know how odd it sounds) long enough to summon the complete KH. Then Sora is able to overpower MX and he dies in the X-Blade explosion and is heart is also destroyed thus destroying his existence and in his final moments he reaches up to KH knowing he was so close to winning but failed (which would be "Haha you got owned" moment for the fans). The explosion from the X-Blade releases a wave from the complete KH which spreads across the realm of light causing changes to the orders of things to make the next saga have some fresh ideas. But it doesn't actually cause a keyblade war or an apocalypse, it just causes changes in the KH universe.

And yeah the fates of alot of people would be left unclear, but that is what the secret ending is for. Or heck have the game end with a cliffhanger but then after the credits have the final ending scene be Sora alone in Keyblade Graveyard with KH mysteriously vanishing (Making you wonder where it has gone to this time) and he thinks his friends are destroyed like Xehanort but instead the wave of light from KH saved his friends and we see them running toward Sora smiling (This shows KH accepted Sora and rejected Xehanort, leading fans there to believe there is more to KH than meets the eye),

Yet we are still left wondering how the wave of light from KH has affected the KH universe.

So that is one way I could see things going. It would be a happy ending that ties up the mysteries of the Xehanort saga, but creates a whole list of questions, mysteries, and unknown factors for the next saga (something the endings of KH games are good at).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Having the X-blade forged still rubs me totally the wrong way, as destroying the X-blade means also destroying the hearts involved in forging it.
Sora and MX can have the final showdown without having the X-blade involved. A nearly complete X-blade would also mean that Xehanort again succeeded in enslaving the hearts of the people who were just saved shortly before, this time also adding Riku and Mickey to the mix.
Not to mention Ventus would get his heart destroyed a third time...after having already suffered for 11 years, or Aqua, or Terra...
I know Nomura is good with making tragic stuff, but that sounds even for him a tad overdosed.
And besides, why would Sora be the only one resisting so long to be incorporated into that new X-blade? As I said, the other six lights will never go along with having the X-blade completed, their hearts would resist just like Ven did in BBS preventing the weapon from ever being complete.

I certainly don't think such an ending would be received very well. The formula has also nearly always been the other way around: The ending gives the conclusion while the secret ending teases about new developments.
Also the wave of light just reviving everyone (yeah sure, all the other characters were so weak that they could be used by Xehanort yet again and didn't really contribute or get the chance for payback against Xehanort, they're only food for drama and to build the stupid X-blade, only Sora does get to do everything) sounds like a cheap deus ex machina.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Having the X-blade forged still rubs me totally the wrong way, as destroying the X-blade means also destroying the hearts involved in forging it.
Sora and MX can have the final showdown without having the X-blade involved. A nearly complete X-blade would also mean that Xehanort again succeeded in enslaving the hearts of the people who were just saved shortly before, this time also adding Riku and Mickey to the mix.
Not to mention Ventus would get his heart destroyed a third time...after having already suffered for 11 years, or Aqua, or Terra...
I know Nomura is good with making tragic stuff, but that sounds even for him a tad overdosed.
And besides, why would Sora be the only one resisting so long to be incorporated into that new X-blade? As I said, the other six lights will never go along with having the X-blade completed, their hearts would resist just like Ven did in BBS preventing the weapon from ever being complete.

I certainly don't think such an ending would be received very well. The formula has also nearly always been the other way around: The ending gives the conclusion while the secret ending teases about new developments.
Also the wave of light just reviving everyone (yeah sure, all the other characters were so weak that they could be used by Xehanort yet again and didn't really contribute or get the chance for payback against Xehanort, they're only food for drama and to build the stupid X-blade, only Sora does get to do everything) sounds like a cheap deus ex machina.

I was only putting down a possible idea for the ending. I have other ideas for how we actually get to the ending that involve the other guardians doing more than just being pieces to forge the X-Blade. Like Terra having a bad ass moment where he's like, "Well look who just got their ass trolled now, Xehanort." and for the first time Xehanort actually gets mind raped by Terra's long drawn out plan to screw a few things up for Xehanort. In other Terra ends up out trolling Master Trollanort at one point.

As for the six guardians eventually becoming part of the X-Blade, maybe they do it and make MX seem like their hearts are under submission in the X-Blade but in the moment Sora and MX clash they actually reveal they became part of the X-Blade on purpose so they could fight back when Sora clashes with Xehanort and thus ensure Sora's victory. Thus proving once again MX has underestimated the power of the heart and the bonds between them. That could be what allows Sora to overpower MX and finally defeat him. Of course I don't think the six guardians of light should become part of the x-blade until near the end of the game, cause they should all have their moments of glory in the series of final battles that are sure to take place.

As for using KH to make sure the other guardians don't end up destroyed or damaged by the destruction of the X-Blade, well heck they used the artificial KH in KH2 to turn Riku back to normal and send ATW off to the realm of darkness (I wish they would have that KH encoder explosion to restore XH and somehow Xemnas to explain them coexisting with MX and Terra in KH3D instead of time travel) so if an artificial one can do that, then there is no telling what the true and complete KH could do.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was only putting down a possible idea for the ending. I have other ideas for how we actually get to the ending that involve the other guardians doing more than just being pieces to forge the X-Blade. Like Terra having a bad ass moment where he's like, "Well look who just got their ass trolled now, Xehanort." and for the first time Xehanort actually gets mind raped by Terra's long drawn out plan to screw a few things up for Xehanort. In other Terra ends up out trolling Master Trollanort at one point.

As for the six guardians eventually becoming part of the X-Blade, maybe they do it and make MX seem like their hearts are under submission in the X-Blade but in the moment Sora and MX clash they actually reveal they became part of the X-Blade on purpose so they could fight back when Sora clashes with Xehanort and thus ensure Sora's victory. Thus proving once again MX has underestimated the power of the heart and the bonds between them. That could be what allows Sora to overpower MX and finally defeat him. Of course I don't think the six guardians of light should become part of the x-blade until near the end of the game, cause they should all have their moments of glory in the series of final battles that are sure to take place.

As for using KH to make sure the other guardians don't end up destroyed or damaged by the destruction of the X-Blade, well heck they used the artificial KH in KH2 to turn Riku back to normal and send ATW off to the realm of darkness (I wish they would have that KH encoder explosion to restore XH and somehow Xemnas to explain them coexisting with MX and Terra in KH3D instead of time travel) so if an artificial one can do that, then there is no telling what the true and complete KH could do.

I know that, *ggg*, did you think I took this as more? It's an idea, a possibility. One that I don't really get warm with, but one that sparks an interesting debate nonetheless.
Well, to be honest, Terra also had his badass moments in BBS, as had Aqua and Ven, or Roxas in Days or KH 2, or anyone of the tormented ones during some periods of the series, yet in the end they all get screwed over. Them becoming a part of the X-blade in the end would again result in the same: They're screwed over and used again. It's exactly that point that I can't get warm with at any point.

I haven't yet the time to make a full theory myself, but them eventually becoming a part of the X-blade is what I want to prevent under any circumstances, oh, and btw Ven already suffered through this whole process once, he would never willingly become a part of that dreaded weapon he hates another time.
To fight back against Xehanort they also don't need to become a part of the X-blade as fighting MX themselves is way more effective than allow your very existence (your heart) to be stuck into a crazy super-weapon, not to mention it prevents Sora gaining all the fame alone again. Proving to MX that the power of bonds between hearts are way stronger than he thought can be aquired not only without that much risk to their hearts but also by totally screwing up MX' entire plan by making the 13 darknesses incomplete again by bringing some of their unwilling members back to their senses and destroy the Xehanort fragments within them, thus causing them to defect. Like i.e. Lea doing exactly this (maybe with help from Roxas and Xion) to Isa and causing him to betray Xehanort.
Speaking of them, what exactly should then happen to the additional allies who aren't one of the seven lights (assuming now that Terra is on the "right" side and MX has another replacement and Kairi is a light, leaving Lea, Roxas, Xion, Donald and Goofy as the allies)?
Just kill them unceremonially off by Xehanort performing a hand sweep turning them into more drama material?

See, and that is were the main gripe lies between our opinions, as I think they NEVER should become part of the X-blade. Let them once completely derail one of Xehanort's schemes by simply destroying the 13 darknesses and then MX finally loses his smugness and goes super-mode before he's finally blasted to Oblivion in a joint effort with everyone participating, not passively being used by Sora.

This whole deus ex machina and prevent the guardians from being destroyed won't even be needed if the X-blade is not forged or they simply manage to resist their hearts being incorporated into it this time. ;P

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I know that, *ggg*, did you think I took this as more? It's an idea, a possibility. One that I don't really get warm with, but one that sparks an interesting debate nonetheless.
Well, to be honest, Terra also had his badass moments in BBS, as had Aqua and Ven, or Roxas in Days or KH 2, or anyone of the tormented ones during some periods of the series, yet in the end they all get screwed over. Them becoming a part of the X-blade in the end would again result in the same: They're screwed over and used again. It's exactly that point that I can't get warm with at any point.

I haven't yet the time to make a full theory myself, but them eventually becoming a part of the X-blade is what I want to prevent under any circumstances, oh, and btw Ven already suffered through this whole process once, he would never willingly become a part of that dreaded weapon he hates another time.
To fight back against Xehanort they also don't need to become a part of the X-blade as fighting MX themselves is way more effective than allow your very existence (your heart) to be stuck into a crazy super-weapon, not to mention it prevents Sora gaining all the fame alone again. Proving to MX that the power of bonds between hearts are way stronger than he thought can be aquired not only without that much risk to their hearts but also by totally screwing up MX' entire plan by making the 13 darknesses incomplete again by bringing some of their unwilling members back to their senses and destroy the Xehanort fragments within them, thus causing them to defect. Like i.e. Lea doing exactly this (maybe with help from Roxas and Xion) to Isa and causing him to betray Xehanort.
Speaking of them, what exactly should then happen to the additional allies who aren't one of the seven lights (assuming now that Terra is on the "right" side and MX has another replacement and Kairi is a light, leaving Lea, Roxas, Xion, Donald and Goofy as the allies)?
Just kill them unceremonially off by Xehanort performing a hand sweep turning them into more drama material?

See, and that is were the main gripe lies between our opinions, as I think they NEVER should become part of the X-blade. Let them once completely derail one of Xehanort's schemes by simply destroying the 13 darknesses and then MX finally loses his smugness and goes super-mode before he's finally blasted to Oblivion in a joint effort with everyone participating, not passively being used by Sora.

This whole deus ex machina and prevent the guardians from being destroyed won't even be needed if the X-blade is not forged or they simply manage to resist their hearts being incorporated into it this time. ;P

I see where your coming from, but everything seems to be setting up for the creation of the X-Blade. Besides aren't you curious as to what the complete X-Blade will look like? The one in BBS will pale in comparison to it. Or how about when we see the true KH in it's complete form? Plus if they don't do something to cause some changes to the order of the universe then we'll have to use the same old concepts in the same old way for the next saga and that would make it kind of boring.

KHIII can't be a completely happy ending with everything little thing tied up and explained. There has to be stuff left to make us wonder what the next saga will be. There has to be mysteries left unanswered. Something that leads us into the next saga's story. I agree I don't want a completely sad ending but I don't want a completely happy ending either. I want an ending that makes me go "Oh my God, did that actually just happen? Holy crap the next saga is going to be amazing!!" type of ending where i'll be wondering "What does that mean? Who was that guy? What will everything be like now that this thing has happened?"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The X-blade is and was always Xehanort's goal, so the setup isn't surprising, that doesn't mean he has to get it though. It would serve him just right if he isn't semi-successful this time like he was in BBS but completely crushed before that.
To be completely honest, no, I don't care one bit about the X-blade, that stupid thing is highly dangerous and chains hearts to it, I care more for all the crap and misery the BBS Trio (and the Days-group, too) has gone through and that they finally deserve to be relieved of all that pain and getting some brighter perspectives than just being cast down and used again or only be back to be used as additional power fuel for Sora.
One also can't forget Mickey, Kairi and Riku, while they aren't part of the tormented characters, they also have through a lot already, so if seeing the true KH means more loads of crap for the characters I definitely forsake it.
Or in short, I care more about the well-being of the characters that had already more hurt happen to them than most people in Real Life could endure than an ax-crazy super-weapon and an oversized heart-shaped moon.

KH II was also a reasonable happy ending that managed to stir some interest just with an unseen letter and then after that with the secret ending.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The X-blade is and was always Xehanort's goal, so the setup isn't surprising, that doesn't mean he has to get it though. It would serve him just right if he isn't semi-successful this time like he was in BBS but completely crushed before that.
To be completely honest, no, I don't care one bit about the X-blade, that stupid thing is highly dangerous and chains hearts to it, I care more for all the crap and misery the BBS Trio (and the Days-group, too) has gone through and that they finally deserve to be relieved of all that pain and getting some brighter perspectives than just being cast down and used again or only be back to be used as additional power fuel for Sora.
One also can't forget Mickey, Kairi and Riku, while they aren't part of the tormented characters, they also have through a lot already, so if seeing the true KH means more loads of crap for the characters I definitely forsake it.
Or in short, I care more about the well-being of the characters that had already more hurt happen to them than most people in Real Life could endure than an ax-crazy super-weapon and an oversized heart-shaped moon.

KH II was also a reasonable happy ending that managed to stir some interest just with an unseen letter and then after that with the secret ending.

I guess we just have differing opinions on how KHIII Should go down. I want to see an epic battle between the 7 guardians of light and the 13 seekers of darkness at Keyblade Graveyard, ending with a final showdown between Sora and Xehanort involving a nearly completed X-Blade and a nearly complete massive heart shaped sun KH above them in sweet PS3 graphics, ending with that white haired body snatching lying trolling son of a bitch getting what he deserves, and the heroes being together at the end somehow but with a whole crap load of stuff that happened that makes your mind want to explode with all the mysteries and questions the game left open for the next saga. Then I can come on khinsider and post a theory about what will happen in KHIV like say "A theory regarding the nazi uniform guy that was making business deals with Scrooge McDuck and how this ties into KHIV".

WhirlwindLancer

You know I've always had this idea that Nomura would troll us by releasing KH3 in two parts, with each part being its own game. Sort of like what they did for the last Harry Potter movie

KH3 Part I (Game centered around saving all the tormented and restoring them to the RoL)

KH3 Part II (picks up right where Part I left off. Focuses on the final battle and all the events leading up to it)

I can actually see them doing something like this. With all the stuff that has to happen in KH3 it just seems like too much for just one game. Funny thing is, I wouldn't have a problem with a two-part release... just as long as there isn't a ridiculously long period of time between their releases

...but don't get me wrong. A 200+ hour game would be cool too! Blu-rays can hold a LOT of info after all

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I think the most satisfying ending to Geezernort would be him opening Kingdom Hearts with the X-Blade, getting the power of KH, but getting stuck in it and unable to use those powers. You know how insane that would make him? Well, more insane than he already is. I've always had the feeling that Sora would be the only one to ever use KH's power, only for good goals like locking Xehanort away some where. Besides, he's the one who will "open the door". Every main KH game has had him opening a door at the end of some sort. In Kh1 it was the Door to Darkness that opened up and destroyed Ansem, SoD. In KH2 it was opening the Door to Light that led him and Riku home. How fitting would it be if in KH3 the last door he opened was to Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, I'd rather Sora get the power of KH rather than Geezernort. Sora wouldn't obliterate everything he didn't like with it. MX would just leave the universe in a wasteland of tiny bits and pieces.

Though, I don't think Sora would go looking for the X-Blade. His morals would obviously be against it. I'd hope he would see Xehanort make it again through fighting the seven lights with his meat bag clones, understand the severity of it, and then use it for trapping MX and restoring the universe to a balance. After, I'd want him to destroy it. As long as it didn't harm the thirteen darknesses' and seven lights' hearts.

But see, that's what makes characters human and easy for us to relate to; conflict. Would we have felt such a strong connection, caring, and sadness for TAV had Xehanort lost? Would Riku have the great character development he does if Nomura hadn't decided to make him a semi-villain turned hero and put him through hell? Would we have felt any pity for Roxas had he not been used as a tool by Xemnas and then treated like shit by Ansem the Wise, also losing his two best friends and then forced to live a data-based lie?

And then there's Sora. He hasn't gone through as much crap as a lot of the other characters, but all of this saving the universe and stopping Xehanort really got dumped on his shoulders. And then there was him losing Riku to the darkness. Then he got his memories messed up. After that, he got used by Org. XIII to pursue their goals. Finally, the Realm of Sleep events hit him hard, despite him seeming fine afterwards.

Namine was used as a tool, as well. Axel lost his best friend Isa to Xehanort's heart-parasite plan, and then lost his newer two best friends. Even Kairi was used for her heart of pure light in the beginning, and was stuck back at DI waiting for Sora and Riku, never knowing if they were dead or not.

Heck, even Eraqus felt suffering. Despite his extreme beliefs, he eventually realized that he'd treated Terra like crap and drastically decided to turn on Ven and forced a cut into the threes' friendship because he'd made Aqua spy on Terra. After realizing this, he felt sorrow and then literally got stabbed in the back by MX.

Really, the only KH character that's never had anything bad thrust on him without reason is MX. Seriously, he's such a dick. He uses people, he destroys their life, he manipulates people, he lies, he kills, he's egotistical (IMO), he's uncaring and has no sympathy. MX plays God and wants to even become a God, I think. Heck, I even feel more sympathy for Vanitas than MX. At least Vanitas had a reason to be such a dick. He was made of pure darkness and was forced to feel pain and got stuck with MX while Ven got to la-dee-dah around with a caring father-like figure and two caring parent-like best friends in a beautiful castle with wonderful scenery and conflict free days.

Ven, who I think one of the novels mentioned was an orphan before MX took him in as an apprentice, I still feel the most bad for besides maybe Riku and Roxas. I mean, he got the most trashed directly by MX. Poor guy. :(.

Anyways, my point is is that we wouldn't feel as much for the characters if they don't go through struggles and conflict. KH3 is definitely going to have MX screwing over everyone more. Because that's how he is. Stopping Xehanort is going to require sacrifice and trouble and pain. In fact, if Sora is forced to use KH's power in order to stop Xehanort, it will add some more character development because it'll be a conflict for him. Is he going to use the power in order to get rid of someone who he feels deserves it? Because one could argue that that's the same mentality MX uses; he tries to get rid of anyone who gets in the way of his goal. Or is Sora going to ignore using KH's power and let MX win?

Obviously he'll almost have to choose the first one to save the universe. But a forced decision like that will really, truly show Sora's colors.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess we just have differing opinions on how KHIII Should go down. I want to see an epic battle between the 7 guardians of light and the 13 seekers of darkness at Keyblade Graveyard, ending with a final showdown between Sora and Xehanort involving a nearly completed X-Blade and a nearly complete massive heart shaped sun KH above them in sweet PS3 graphics, ending with that white haired body snatching lying trolling son of a bitch getting what he deserves, and the heroes being together at the end somehow but with a whole crap load of stuff that happened that makes your mind want to explode with all the mysteries and questions the game left open for the next saga. Then I can come on khinsider and post a theory about what will happen in KHIV like say "A theory regarding the nazi uniform guy that was making business deals with Scrooge McDuck and how this ties into KHIV".

Yeah, that's indeed the case, no doubt about it.
I also want to see an epic final battle, but unlike you I would prefer to see everyone participating in bringing Xehanort down and get a shot at him, not only Sora alone doing everything. Xehanort shall get what he deserves, but he shall get it from everyone he screwed over so badly because they "deserve" to give Xehanort payback as well.
And while I wouldn't mind a summoned KH for the athmophere, I don't want the hearts of the others being used again after they have just been saved, that would defeat much of the purpose of rescuing them if they get screwed over again right away.

And for the ending, I would prefer that, after every ending of the series so far (yes, even KH2) had some sour vibes to it, that for once there won't be anyone with a shattered heart, messed up or erased memories or trapped somewhere (be it in the RoD or inside another person) out of the main cast.
So that we can have a real conclusive reasonable happy ending for once, the bits and hints towards the next saga should be brought in more like in the way like Deep Dive or Birth by Sleep (the video after KH2 FM, not the game) did it. The hints for the next saga should be more subtle and, well, mysterious instead of a big bang that leaves the Fanbase with more questions than they actually got answers.

You know I've always had this idea that Nomura would troll us by releasing KH3 in two parts, with each part being its own game. Sort of like what they did for the last Harry Potter movie

KH3 Part I (Game centered around saving all the tormented and restoring them to the RoL)

KH3 Part I (picks up right where Part I left off. Focuses on the final battle and all the events leading up to it)

I can actually see them doing something like this. With all the stuff that has to happen in KH3 it just seems like too much for just one game. Funny thing is, I wouldn't have a problem with a two-part release... just as long as there isn't a ridiculously long period of time between their releases

...but don't get me wrong. A 200+ hour game would be cool too! Blu-rays can hold a LOT of info after all

Two-part release or not, I have nothing against a longer game experience. On the contrary, I would actually welcome it if KH III is longer so that they can actually make the rescue of all the tormented ones a bit more meaningful (in the ideal case underlined by the specific character's theme music playing as the background song) for each character, which means more than just a short "Now I'm back"-cutscene and also give a bit more character depth to the 13 seekers of darkness beside MX himself.

I think the most satisfying ending to Geezernort would be him opening Kingdom Hearts with the X-Blade, getting the power of KH, but getting stuck in it and unable to use those powers. You know how insane that would make him? Well, more insane than he already is. I've always had the feeling that Sora would be the only one to ever use KH's power, only for good goals like locking Xehanort away some where. Besides, he's the one who will "open the door". Every main KH game has had him opening a door at the end of some sort. In Kh1 it was the Door to Darkness that opened up and destroyed Ansem, SoD. In KH2 it was opening the Door to Light that led him and Riku home. How fitting would it be if in KH3 the last door he opened was to Kingdom Hearts?
Heh, in my opinion the most satisfying end for MX would be if he totally ticks out because his plans finally fail and the forging of the X-blade is prevented.
Then he goes on a rampage but is destroyed by a joint effort of Sora and the others, not only the seven lights but also involving Lea, Xion, Donald and Goofy as well as Kairi/Roxas (whoever isn't the seventh light).
Bonus points if Isa manages to come back to his senses somehow and joins the fray....*ggg*

Who says that it has to be the power of KH to defeat MX? He may be a magnificent bastard, crazy prepared and powerful, but he's not immortal and using the power of KH seems like overkill.

The "door" Sora is supposed to open has several different meanings, so KH itself isn't the only option. In DDD the door was the one to the Realm of Sleep, as shown in the ending when Sora opens the door towards it to visit the dream eaters.
The next door Sora will open has as I assume already been mentioned by Ansem the Wise in Blank Points. It's the door that will wake the sleeping hearts and bring back the suffering ones for their "new beginning" as Ansem put it.

I mean, I'd rather Sora get the power of KH rather than Geezernort. Sora wouldn't obliterate everything he didn't like with it. MX would just leave the universe in a wasteland of tiny bits and pieces.

Though, I don't think Sora would go looking for the X-Blade. His morals would obviously be against it. I'd hope he would see Xehanort make it again through fighting the seven lights with his meat bag clones, understand the severity of it, and then use it for trapping MX and restoring the universe to a balance. After, I'd want him to destroy it. As long as it didn't harm the thirteen darknesses' and seven lights' hearts.
To be frank, no one should get the power of KH, its the foundation of life itself and the most powerful object in the whole universe. Looking at Sora's personality, he would most likely just send the summoned KH away again and not even open it. One reason why Sora always managed to remain so pure in thoughts and heart is because he lacks ambition. Sora isn't out to obtain power, so chances are high he doesn't even want the power of KH, yet of course he would also make sure no one other gets it.
Great power awakens greed in people, that's what initially caused the outbreak of the Keyblade War which destroyed the universe once. So the best bet would probably just to send KH back to the RoD where no one can really reach it.

Sora would not only not look for it, he will also take any measures against it even being forged. Eraqus' words that the X-blade doesn't belong in this or any world weren't false. Since this blade is the key to the enourmous powers of KH, it also awakens the greed in people. That instead of two (which was already bad enough) even twenty hearts are needed to be sacrificed to it is even worse.
See, and there is the main problem with that, the X-blade can't be destroyed without harming the hearts used to forge it. They would all end up like Ven at the end of BBS with their hearts shattered.

I also strongly doubt that Sora would even use the X-blade if it really comes into being again. The thing would be forged from the hearts of his friends (and those who are unwillingly a part of the 13 darknesses, those who are willingly in it can be ignored) and if Sora used it he would be no better than Xehanort, using the hearts of others.
Up to now it has been often pointed out that Sora and Xehanort, while both having the heart-connection ability, use it exactly the opposite from each other

But see, that's what makes characters human and easy for us to relate to; conflict. Would we have felt such a strong connection, caring, and sadness for TAV had Xehanort lost? Would Riku have the great character development he does if Nomura hadn't decided to make him a semi-villain turned hero and put him through hell? Would we have felt any pity for Roxas had he not been used as a tool by Xemnas and then treated like shit by Ansem the Wise, also losing his two best friends and then forced to live a data-based lie?

And then there's Sora. He hasn't gone through as much crap as a lot of the other characters, but all of this saving the universe and stopping Xehanort really got dumped on his shoulders. And then there was him losing Riku to the darkness. Then he got his memories messed up. After that, he got used by Org. XIII to pursue their goals. Finally, the Realm of Sleep events hit him hard, despite him seeming fine afterwards.

Namine was used as a tool, as well. Axel lost his best friend Isa to Xehanort's heart-parasite plan, and then lost his newer two best friends. Even Kairi was used for her heart of pure light in the beginning, and was stuck back at DI waiting for Sora and Riku, never knowing if they were dead or not.

Heck, even Eraqus felt suffering. Despite his extreme beliefs, he eventually realized that he'd treated Terra like crap and drastically decided to turn on Ven and forced a cut into the threes' friendship because he'd made Aqua spy on Terra. After realizing this, he felt sorrow and then literally got stabbed in the back by MX.

Really, the only KH character that's never had anything bad thrust on him without reason is MX. Seriously, he's such a dick. He uses people, he destroys their life, he manipulates people, he lies, he kills, he's egotistical (IMO), he's uncaring and has no sympathy. MX plays God and wants to even become a God, I think. Heck, I even feel more sympathy for Vanitas than MX. At least Vanitas had a reason to be such a dick. He was made of pure darkness and was forced to feel pain and got stuck with MX while Ven got to la-dee-dah around with a caring father-like figure and two caring parent-like best friends in a beautiful castle with wonderful scenery and conflict free days.

Ven, who I think one of the novels mentioned was an orphan before MX took him in as an apprentice, I still feel the most bad for besides maybe Riku and Roxas. I mean, he got the most trashed directly by MX. Poor guy. :(.

Anyways, my point is is that we wouldn't feel as much for the characters if they don't go through struggles and conflict. KH3 is definitely going to have MX screwing over everyone more. Because that's how he is. Stopping Xehanort is going to require sacrifice and trouble and pain. In fact, if Sora is forced to use KH's power in order to stop Xehanort, it will add some more character development because it'll be a conflict for him. Is he going to use the power in order to get rid of someone who he feels deserves it? Because one could argue that that's the same mentality MX uses; he tries to get rid of anyone who gets in the way of his goal. Or is Sora going to ignore using KH's power and let MX win?

Obviously he'll almost have to choose the first one to save the universe. But a forced decision like that will really, truly show Sora's colors.

Uh, I get the impression you misinterpreted my last post to some degree. Of course the drama was what brought the characters nearer to our hearts because we feel for them.
I agree wholeheartedly with most of the points you pointed out about the hardships of the characters (except maybe Vanitas, the novel's canon status is ambigious and Vanitas' portrayal in the game BBS contradicts several points of the novels).
I never said anything against how their stories played out so far. Without the suffering of many of those characters there would also be no point for Sora's rescue mission.

And yes, of course there will be more conflicts and hardships ahead, but what I actually meant is that repeating the whole process and screw them totally over again (which will happen when they are forced to become the X-blade) leaving only Sora would render the whole point of rescuing them moot because then they only came back for a few hours/days maybe and end up right back where they were (in Ven's case with a third heart shattering) or worse (in Terra's, Aqua's, Riku's, Mickey's and the seventh light's case with their first one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back