• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will Vanitas return?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokifan

I know he will return when Ventus wakes up, but how exactly? could he come back through Sora, like after returning Ven's heart, Sora becomes possessed by Vanitas? Get revived somehow by MX or accidentally??

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Vanitas could have went to Xehanort's heart when Ventus went to Sora's and somehow Xehanort releases him out of his heart in KH3? Idk....

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I know he will return when Ventus wakes up, but how exactly? could he come back through Sora, like after returning Ven's heart, Sora becomes possessed by Vanitas? Get revived somehow by MX or accidentally??

You have my curiosity.
How exactly do you know that's when he will awaken?

Last edited:

LingeringVanitas

He most likely will not be in this game....He isn't even on my mind anymore[besides my username xD] after BBSFM. Even as cool as he was...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Couldn't Young Xehanort just go back into the past and retrieve him? He still does technically exist inside of Ven in the present

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
He most likely will not be in this game....He isn't even on my mind anymore[besides my username xD] after BBSFM. Even as cool as he was...

What makes you think that?
Especially after the chess game scene in the KH3 trailer with Eraqus and Xehanort, I'm pretty sure he'll return. Even more than after seeing him for two seconds in KH3D.

No Heart

He will first appear as a hooded member of the Organization. He mocks Sora like he did Ventus. Later on, during a battle, Sora knocks off the hood and notices that he looks like him. The final battle will be at Castle Oblivion, where Sora and Ventus tag team.

gstkh2

I theorize that he was able to come back because of the darkness in Sora's heart. Ventus is a being of pure light, so there's no place for Vanitas inside of him. I think that, when Ventus' heart took refuge inside of Sora, Vanitas was able to worm in as well, on the dark side of things.
Which, if that's the case, would partially explain why Dark Riku and Vanitas have the same outfit.
In any case, I believe that's why he was able to appear to Sora during KH3D. All sorts of people gone for years appeared to him--Terra, Aqua, even Xion--and since they all popped up in his dreams due to the unbreakable bonds to his heart, I would say the same for Vanitas.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know he will return when Ventus wakes up, but how exactly?

And from where do you actually "know" that? There is no indication that this wil happen in that way in the actual material the series gives us.

He still does technically exist inside of Ven in the present

How often does it need to be repeated? We do not know Vanitas' current whereabouts! It is not proven that there is any trace of him left inside Ventus. The whole point of Ventus' final battle in BBS was to undo the forced fusion between his and Vanitas' hearts!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
How often does it need to be repeated? We do not know Vanitas' current whereabouts! It is not proven that there is any trace of him left inside Ventus. The whole point of Ventus' final battle in BBS was to undo the forced fusion between his and Vanitas' hearts!

I think people rather suppose that after their fusion was undone, Vanitas' heart stayed INSIDE of Ventus', not the fusion still being intact.
I'm not saying that's true or that there's any proof for that. I think it just sounds like the most obvious thing to believe for most people since no one knows where else Vanitas' heart could've gone (which, I think, was one of the main reasons people believed he was gone for good until KH3D happened).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think people rather suppose that after their fusion was undone, Vanitas' heart stayed INSIDE of Ventus', not the fusion still being intact.
I'm not saying that's true or that there's any proof for that. I think it just sounds like the most obvious thing to believe for most people since no one knows where else Vanitas' heart could've gone (which, I think, was one of the main reasons people believed he was gone for good until KH3D happened).

Like you say: "Suppose", it is another valid assumption that can be made and to some it may be the most obvious, but the wording
He still does technically exist inside of Ven in the present

is stating the whole thing as if it is a known, confirmed fact, which it is not.

The only things we do know are confirmed are that
- Vanitas and Ventus reacted off each other during that conversation between Young Xehanort and Sora.
- Vanitas has currently no physical form.

These are however ambigious enough to come to various different interpretations.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Like you say: "Suppose", it is another valid assumption that can be made and to some it may be the most obvious, but the wording

is stating the whole thing as if it is a known, confirmed fact, which it is not.

The only things we do know are confirmed are that
- Vanitas and Ventus reacted off each other during that conversation between Young Xehanort and Sora.
- Vanitas has currently no physical form.

These are however ambigious enough to come to various different interpretations.

Yeah, well, sure. It shouldn't be stated a fact since we have no evidence for that. I just meant that rumors spread fast and as long as we get no other info on that, people easily assume it's a fact. :X

Lokifan

Of course he will return, He is an important character to the story, if he wasn’t to return then Ventus probably will never wake up

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Of course he will return, He is an important character to the story, if he wasn’t to return then Ventus probably will never wake up

How is that?
Why would one have anything to do with the other?
The things needed for Ventus to wake up are basically:

• Aqua since she's the only one to get to where his body is
  • Sora and a way to get Ventus' heart out of his

And of course his heart needs to be ready to wake up but I think we should be at a point where it is.

No Heart

How is that?
Why would one have anything to do with the other?
The things needed for Ventus to wake up are basically:

• Aqua since she's the only one to get to where his body is
  • Sora and a way to get Ventus' heart out of his

And of course his heart needs to be ready to wake up but I think we should be at a point where it is.
Rather than wake up with him, he probably is there at the moment of awakening. From his personality, you can tell he hates losing as well. Not only that, maybe he believes that with Ventus' heart, he could undo his Norting, which was most likely forced.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Rather than wake up with him, he probably is there at the moment of awakening. From his personality, you can tell he hates losing as well. Not only that, maybe he believes that with Ventus' heart, he could undo his Norting, which was most likely forced.

Of course it was (*Edit: Even if only by a manner of "let me Nort you or your life will forever suckkkkkckckckk").
He already shows how little respect he actually has for MX in BBS when he says he'd go "against the master's orders" by killing Ventus after their first fight but doesn't care.
I think all he really wants is some form of salvation for all the things he's been through we don't really know much about (since the novels, sadly, aren't canon). I'm sure if he saw a way to find this by helping the good side, he would, not giving a damn about the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back