• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Fixed the stories of 0.2 and KH3, Soo your opinions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
So we know both 0.2 and KH3 are fun Games (they are basically a one Game split into two) but Unfortunately the direction the story chose to take wasn’t the best option in my opinion... so here are what I would have suggested the story could have been

First fixing “Birth by sleep 0.2 a fragmentary Passage”

1. Both Mickey and Aqua should have been playable With each having separate segment (like Re:Com with Mickey having slightly shorter story than Aqua), Aqua story is her trying to find a way out and Mickey Story was him looking for the kingdom key D

2. Mickey should Have not Seen Aqua, I know many are ok with them meeting but Hear me out please, I honestly believe it should have went like this, Mickey journey in the realm of darkness And was getting closer to the Kingdom key D, but all of a sudden he was ambushed by the powerful Final boss demon tide heartless, as the fight rages on Aqua can feel It with all the clashes and ground shaking so she rushes to check it out, and when she got there she found Mickey was left unconscious, Mickey put up a good fight but the heartless in this realm are powerful, Aqua then takes Mickey’s place and fights The Demon tide and comes out victorious, she then carries unconscious Mickey While comforting him telling to Hang in there! But! The demon tide Reappeared again and As it attacks! Aqua throws Mickey to the side as it only grabs her and takes her back deeper to the realm of darkness, Mickey then Wakes up and wonders how did he survive? Asking himself did someone rescue me? Mickey felt that he heard a familiar voice telling him to hang in there, but couldn’t bring himself to remember who, so he continued till he reached the door and found the key!

which finally brings us to this scene in this video! Just listen to the first 7 seconds of the video only

Mickey says I thought I heard her voice! (Which is fitting since he is talking like he didn’t encounter her in RoD) here’s what I think how it should have continued, When Mickey left the realm of darkness he then questioned that could it be that Aqua was the one who saved him back then? Onward in kh3 Mickey says... Riku! I think we should check the realm of darkness, Riku questions why? Mickey then tells him how he has a hunch that maybe Aqua is there and that he couldn’t go back there before to check it cause he was inexperienced, but now that he and Riku are masters they can have a better chance to go look for Aqua there!

That is All for “0.2 Birth by sleep a fragmentary passage” I believe this story approach that I made is better cause we don’t have to go with the messy plot holes and retcon like the ones with Mickey knowing about aqua all this time but doesn’t mention it, or the one with Aqua knowing about Sora and Riku but in blank points she acts like she doesn’t know

Now Fixing “Kingdom hearts 3!” (this will be short)

1. Should have had more Disney bosses

2. Kairi should have been playable (instead of Aqua) as the third playable character after Sora and Riku since she is part of the destiny trio Aka the original three characters of kingdom hearts... and also because it’s kingdom hearts 3 the finale of the dark seeker saga...

2. Aqua should have been Norted, hear me out again please... I believe Aqua shouldn’t have been saved this early, she should have been norted and joined the villains, Aquanort Terranort and Vanitas (aka evil Ventus) would have been a great villain team, plus vanitas taunting Ventus that he stole his friends Terra and Aqua, saving Aqua would have been more impactful compared to what we have got which is just beat the living shit out of her... also Aqua isn’t really the only solution to wake up Ventus, there were many ways the developers could have gone for Sora to find him, for example, Sora and Ven have a great connection with each other, their hearts literally merged it’s like they are sharing one soul, the story could have easily just choose to make Sora find Ventus in castle oblivion due to his heart and connection with him, or simply let his connection with Roxas or Xion or Namine guide him since they also have connection with Ventus, I would have loved if Aqua was saved last with Terra, this game has soo much missed opportunities

So these are my ideas that could have used on this game? I believe it is much better then the mess we got (even tho the games we got were still enjoyable) so what are your opinions on this?

okhi12

Awards
I respectfully disagree with Aqua being saved last with Terra. That's how I would have liked it: Aqua and Ventus should have been saved earlier in the story, and Ansem the Wise as well, after the worlds of the first galaxy (replacing Toy Box with Monstropolis so Vanitas teasing Sora about Ventus still happens), to make the pace of the main plot balanced and not rushed at the ending segment of the game. Riku (with Mickey) should have been the one to rescue Aqua so that his trip to the realm of darkness was not awfully pointless, in a small playable section (they could have reused the same scenery from the last part of 0.2). Once Aqua is saved she goes with Sora and rescue Ventus. Aqua and Ventus need to rest and stay at Yen Sid's tower, or they go to train a bit with Kairi and Lea and we see some cutscenes. Then we visit Radiant Garden (playable, and with Dilan and Aeleus saying some lines) and somehow, thanks to Tron and Ienzo (no need to visit Space Paranoids), they find important data to help reconstruct Roxas' heart. We move on to the second galaxy (here Toy Box replaces Monstropolis). After the last Disney world there's a brief visit to Radiant Garden again and Roxas is brought back, to which Ventus contributes. Then in the Keyblade Graveyard everything is the same but with only Xion and Terra left to be saved.
The Disney worlds are the same but with more Disney bosses and some Org. XIII boss fights, too.

I'm perfectly fine with 0.2 as it is. I'd only change the music of the dark Castle of Dreams segment so it has some sinister Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo to match the twisted versions of the Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion music mixed with the RoD theme, but that's a minor detail.

Foxycian

Awards
I respectfully disagree with Aqua being saved last with Terra. That's how I would have liked it: Aqua and Ventus should have been saved earlier in the story, and Ansem the Wise as well, after the worlds of the first galaxy (replacing Toy Box with Monstropolis so Vanitas teasing Sora about Ventus still happens), to make the pace of the main plot balanced and not rushed at the ending segment of the game. Riku (with Mickey) should have been the one to rescue Aqua so that his trip to the realm of darkness was not awfully pointless, in a small playable section (they could have reused the same scenery from the last part of 0.2). Once Aqua is saved she goes with Sora and rescue Ventus. Aqua and Ventus need to rest and stay at Yen Sid's tower, or they go to train a bit with Kairi and Lea and we see some cutscenes. Then we visit Radiant Garden (playable, and with Dilan and Aeleus saying some lines) and somehow, thanks to Tron and Ienzo (no need to visit Space Paranoids), they find important data to help reconstruct Roxas' heart. We move on to the second galaxy (here Toy Box replaces Monstropolis). After the last Disney world there's a brief visit to Radiant Garden again and Roxas is brought back, to which Ventus contributes. Then in the Keyblade Graveyard everything is the same but with only Xion and Terra left to be saved.
The Disney worlds are the same but with more Disney bosses and some Org. XIII boss fights, too.

I'm perfectly fine with 0.2 as it is. I'd only change the music of the dark Castle of Dreams segment so it has some sinister Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo to match the twisted versions of the Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion music mixed with the RoD theme, but that's a minor detail.
Thank you for sharing your opinion👍

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
While I am down for your 0.2 idea, I personally am not sold on the saving Aqua at the end idea.

I'm not against norting her. If anything it'd potentially been an interesting idea for her to be norted and for her to be the mid game boss after the first, like @okhi12 suggested. This could serve as a tool for them to figure out how to unnort someone, which they'll have to do again later on.
Another change I'd make is to have the Real Org members fight Sora and Co. on each world to text him like they did in Castle Oblivion.

Though I feel her half way transformation into a Darkling is important for what's to come in the next phase. Still I do wish they had thought up something else than beat her/them with a key until the darkness goes away.

SS501

Awards
While i don't want to comment on your idea because this stuff is subjective. I want to say that a lot of people who try to "fix" KH's story, never take schedule or budget in consideration. By that i mean, they "fix" the story by adding a bunch of stuff that would undoubtedly add to the game's story but would also definitely make development harder and by extension cause the game (in this case 0.2 and KH3) to need longer development time and bigger budget.

For example, making a playable, controllable Mickey with his very own segment in 0.2 would add a ton of work to that game and would extend its dev time and budget limit, which is something that most likely was not possible when the devs were making it.

It's easy to "fix" stories by adding scenes and adding new areas and adding new segments and rewriting entire segments while also adding to them too when you're not actually making the game yourself. The devs have to write a story and make a playable game under very specific limits, so they have to chose what to include, what to cut and what's even worth investing time into because investing time into something that isn't integral just because "it's nice to have" or "it fleshes out the characters a bit more" means some other aspect of the game that is possibly much more important will either have to get its volume shaved or cut altogether.

Here's another example. "Kairi should have been playable instead of Aqua".
Aqua was made playable because her gameplay mechanics and animations were already completed in 0.2, if they had decided to make Kairi playable in base KH3 it would require for them to create a new playable character from scratch.

It's because of things like these that i never take these kind of threads seriously, because people never try to put themselves in the position of a person who is actually getting payed and in charge of making a game under a specific time limit and budget. They just write whatever is cool or sounds nice to them. It's because of this that most people shit on the devs so easily too and think "i could have done this better, what a hack".

AegisXIII

Awards
While i don't want to comment on your idea because this stuff is subjective. I want to say that a lot of people who try to "fix" KH's story, never take schedule or budget in consideration. By that i mean, they "fix" the story by adding a bunch of stuff that would undoubtedly add to the game's story but would also definitely make development harder and by extension cause the game (in this case 0.2 and KH3) to need longer development time and bigger budget.

For example, making a playable, controllable Mickey with his very own segment in 0.2 would add a ton of work to that game and would extend its dev time and budget limit, which is something that most likely was not possible when the devs were making it.

It's easy to "fix" stories by adding scenes and adding new areas and adding new segments and rewriting entire segments while also adding to them too when you're not actually making the game yourself. The devs have to write a story and make a playable game under very specific limits, so they have to chose what to include, what to cut and what's even worth investing time into because investing time into something that isn't integral just because "it's nice to have" or "it fleshes out the characters a bit more" means some other aspect of the game that is possibly much more important will either have to get its volume shaved or cut altogether.

Here's another example. "Kairi should have been playable instead of Aqua".
Aqua was made playable because her gameplay mechanics and animations were already completed in 0.2, if they had decided to make Kairi playable in base KH3 it would require for them to create a new playable character from scratch.

It's because of things like these that i never take these kind of threads seriously, because people never try to put themselves in the position of a person who is actually getting payed and in charge of making a game under a specific time limit and budget. They just write whatever is cool or sounds nice to them. It's because of this that most people shit on the devs so easily too and think "i could have done this better, what a hack".
Yes and no.
At first 0.2 was removed from KH3 because of time constraint and money, that's for sure. But now that both titles are out, nothing prevent them to fuse them back like they were supposed to be in the first place.
It's like with the Final Mix, they are attempt to improve the experience based on the vanilla game feedbacks with an extended period of development given to them due to good sales.
It's a tricky balance, but it's also nice that people give feedback, because Square sometimes read them.
Now they won't rewrite the story for sure. But improving the pacing is definitely possible.

SS501

Awards
Yes and no.
At first 0.2 was removed from KH3 because of time constraint and money, that's for sure. But now that both titles are out, nothing prevent them to fuse them back like they were supposed to be in the first place.
It's like with the Final Mix, they are attempt to improve the experience based on the vanilla game feedbacks with an extended period of development given to them due to good sales.
It's a tricky balance, but it's also nice that people give feedback, because Square sometimes read them.
Now they won't rewrite the story for sure. But improving the pacing is definitely possible.
Oh for sure, if you read the thread "if you could go back in time and change something" my post is all about how 0.2 should have been in the base game as its prologue instead of being cut and packaged in the HD remix. If they ever release a final mix version for ps5 my #1 wish would be adding 0.2 in KH3 either seamlessly or at least as an option in the menu ala ReMind, it is absolutely integral to KH3's narrative and it's sad that only about a million people played it while KH3 was played by more than 7 million people.

But adding extra content to 0.2 is a completely different story, it would be very hard to do as it would require a decent amount of resources invested in something that is already finished and i don't think SE would ever do that.

My previous post in this thread was more about how people suggest easy solutions to the KH games, like "if i was making this game i would have done this differently" but instead of suggesting replacing something that is in the game for something that would benefit it more and that would require the same amount of effort and resources to be made, they suggest adding content on top of it which is just unrealistic from a game development perspective.

It's like saying "If i was making 7R part 1 i would have it end after the nibelheim flashback so people can experience a bit of the open world/world map after Midgar on the journey to Kalm", well no shit, this would indeed make 7R part 1 a better experience, but the amount of work and time this would need makes it simply unrealistic, it would;ve undoubtedly resulted in the game's release date being delayed and its established budget increased. This is my problem with these kind of threads, people suggest theoretically easy solutions to problems, despite these solutions being borderline impossible to implement under realistic scenarios (e.g: Kairi playable in the base game).

AegisXIII

Awards
Then we are on the exact same page. Funny considering our profile pics. 😅

SS501

Awards
People of culture with good taste, no wonder we think alike. Aegis looks dope and his barrier abilities look cool after all, i already love him. Especially that pink/redish lighting in your profile pic makes him look so good. Can't wait to see more of the Verum Rex trio in game in the future.

Back