• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I have a question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruinandchaos85

Actually Riku found that keyblade and gave it to kairi.
Also Roxas never had three keyblades, he had one.
In KH2FM+ with the new scene, where roxas and Axel fought.
Axel said: "The keyblade split into two". Therefore the KK split.The oblivion represent Riku's chain. and the Oathkeeper represent Kairi.

Did you read the entire topic? I already mentioned that Roxas didn't have 3, I found that out on my own.

I never saw the cutscene where Axel said that, could someone post a link?

And if Riku "found" that keyblade, it would still be his, since Kairi isn't a chosen wielder, so he still has 2. However, I believe someone also said that that keyblade was split from WtoD, since apparently Riku was duel wielding.

I'm not contesting that Riku was duel wielding, or Roxas for that matter. I always thought that duel wielding meant that the wielder was manifesting another "separate" keyblade using extraneous power, like Sora's Drive form, Roxas' nobody powers, or Riku's darkness powers, and that was why normally Sora couldn't duel wield without using some outside force.

I only heard about this "splitting" thing recently, which IMHO is kinda strange since that implies weakening the keyblade. It doesn't make sense logically, why would you be more powerful with 2 weaker keys than using 1? Though there could also be other things going into that, I'm simply saying that I like the other idea better.

And about the Oblivion, has it been stated anywhere its exact relation to Sora? Granted it did appear in the area where Sora lost Riku, but that was also the same area where Sora first turned into a heartless. That and the fact that the keychain is a black version of Sora's crown made me think that it represented either the darkness in his heart or maybe his ties to darkness.

BTW, could someone also post a link to the Another Report Interviews? That was what I was looking for earlier and I couldn't find them.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And about the Oblivion, has it been stated anywhere its exact relation to Sora? Granted it did appear in the area where Sora lost Riku, but that was also the same area where Sora first turned into a heartless. That and the fact that the keychain is a black version of Sora's crown made me think that it represented either the darkness in his heart or maybe his ties to darkness.

Then explain why Sora received it when he did in CoM and in KH2. It's Riku related.
Also, a fun tidbit about it is that it was originally called "Riku's Keyblade", to symbolize that it represented Riku (and was a Darkness-counter to the Oathkeeper, representing Kairi/Namine and Light).
This really makes me lol at people that say that the Gayblade is Kairi's because Nomura refers to it as "Kairi's Keyblade", but that's another issue.

BTW, could someone also post a link to the Another Report Interviews? That was what I was looking for earlier and I couldn't find them.

Kingdom Hearts: Another Report Pages 26 & 27 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (7)

ruinandchaos85

Hmm, I never thought about that. Thanks for pointing that out. I understood the dark/light scenario, but the Riku/Kairi relation never sat well with me because the Oblivion kinda appeared out of nowhere in KH1, and there was a possibility you'd miss it if you weren't the type to explore. As such I never thought of it as a "storyline" keyblade, much like Ultima Weapon, I simply hoped that it was because it looks so cool.

And another thanks for the Another Report link, I've got some catching up to do.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hmm, I never thought about that. Thanks for pointing that out. I understood the dark/light scenario, but the Riku/Kairi relation never sat well with me because the Oblivion kinda appeared out of nowhere in KH1, and there was a possibility you'd miss it if you weren't the type to explore.

It took much less exploring than some keyblades. Lady Luck, for instance, now that was an explore-needing Keyblade.
I actually really liked how they set it up - at the place where Sora became a Heartless and lost Riku all but for good, Sora was just about to go in through the Keyhole -
And then he stops and looks back, and there's the Oblivion, with all his Memories of Riku.
Tying in with this is the fact that the Oathkeeper and Oblivion weren't called that in the Japanese version. While the Oathkeeper kept its meaning from being called "Amulet of Promise", the Oblivion was called something along the lines of "Memories Past", indicating the exact opposite of what the English version calls it (at least by the translations I've read thus far). It's a representation of Sora's Memories, thus explaining the chain that runs over the blade. His necklace being the keychain could be because he received it from Riku - a very valid explanation imo.
And of course the Darkness theme - because Riku fell into Darkness.

And another thanks for the Another Report link, I've got some catching up to do.

Happy reading :3

Qarx

How irritating! I read a few pages from that, and I learned nothing. The guy avoids questions like nobody's business.
I only learned stuff that's been discussed in these threads I participated in, and thus I knew it already.

Also, I can't access the cutscene they talk about, since it's not actually on youtube:(....
(Instead, it's on this site, and doesn't work for some reason. I'm using my Wii Internet Channel, BTW)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
How irritating! I read a few pages from that, and I learned nothing. The guy avoids questions like nobody's business.

Well, he has to keep you playing to find out more. He can't just give it all away.
It's there to explain what he can out of the things that have already been released.

I only learned stuff that's been discussed in these threads I participated in, and thus I knew it already.

He didn't really expect you to be in a forum when he released Another Report XD

Qarx

Well, he has to keep you playing to find out more. He can't just give it all away.
It's there to explain what he can out of the things that have already been released.

He didn't really expect you to be in a forum when he released Another Report XD

You're right. It just felt like a waste of time IMO.

I just read what you said about Oblivion. That makes a lot more sense than what I thought, which was "Uh, did they pick Oblivion at random, because it was strongest Keychain, or did it have meaning?" when I first saw the trailer (long before KH2) I thought Oblivion looked cool, but it along with Oathkeeper made no sense till just now. I never saw the connection, since it was just in a chest, hidden in the top of the room where the Keyhole was. You aren't required to get it, and doesn't appear in any cutscenes (Oathkeeper made sense to have at all, since it was Kairi's "lucky charm", but it changed shape when it attached to the Keyblade ((WTF)) ) so I never thought of it as being anything but a strong Keyblade. Then I noticed the Keychain looked like Sora's necklace, and I thought, "why?".

Riku giving Sora jewellery? That'd be weird....

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oathkeeper made sense to have at all, since it was Kairi's "lucky charm", but it changed shape when it attached to the Keyblade ((WTF)) )

I have a theory about it actually, saying that the Oathkeeper is actually a Keychain based on Namine.
Look at the colors - white, yellow (blonde hair!) and blue.
The carving, the actual shape - Castle Oblivion, angelic motifs.
And then the Charm that changed into a Paopu Keychain - being the Good Luck charm Namine "gave" Sora in CoM.
Namine by definition is the physical embodiment for any and all relations between Sora and Kairi, what with being Kairi's Nobody that came from Sora. It makes perfect sense to me then that it's her design that would dictate the Keyblade's shape, not Kairi (which would've made something more a kin to the Gayblade Riku let Kairi wield in KH2).
After CoM though Namine wiped herself out of Sora's Heart and broke all the ties between them she could, making for the Good Luck Charm to keep its form in KH2.
It's Namine based in KH1 though, which is why I constantly say that the Oathkeeper isn't only based on Kairi, but on Namine too :)

Riku giving Sora jewellery? That'd be weird....

Well, Riku has ownership and jealousy issues. Even him putting a 'collar' around Sora's neck makes sense to me.

ruinandchaos85

I finished reading it, and it clarified somethings, but it didn't answer my question about how duel wielding works. I mean I read the section where Nomura was talking about Kairi's keyblade and WtoD but he didn't say they were one and the same or that they were split off.

What he did say didn't make to much sense to me, meaning it was a mistranslation or Nomura simply misspoke. More than likely the latter.

I would really like to see that video link as well.

Qarx

I finished reading it, and it clarified somethings, but it didn't answer my question about how duel wielding works. I mean I read the section where Nomura was talking about Kairi's keyblade and WtoD but he didn't say they were one and the same or that they were split off.

What he did say didn't make to much sense to me, meaning it was a mistranslation or Nomura simply misspoke. More than likely the latter.

I would really like to see that video link as well.

What I hate is that he treats questions about KH2 plot holes as if they are spoilers.
Where is this "Reason why Riku can wield a Keyblade"? He said there was a hint in KH2. (And I would like to see that video, too. on youtube, with translation, please. I can't watch it on KHI for some reason)

Also, they asked about family and school, and he ignored that one.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Another Report said:
However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurence, as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi.

Riku handed the WtD (being the new Soul Eater) to Kairi, while still wielding the WtD.
Good enough?

I believe neither.

What I hate is that he treats questions about KH2 plot holes as if they are spoilers.

About Duel Wielding -

Another Report said:
This is also related to Xehanort’s memories, but this point can’t be touched on just yet.

Xehanort's Memories = the events of Birth By Sleep. They are spoilers.

Where is this "Reason why Riku can wield a Keyblade"? He said there was a hint in KH2. (And I would like to see that video, too. on youtube, with translation, please. I can't watch it on KHI for some reason)

Another Report said:
There should be a hint about Riku being a chosen wielder hidden discretely somewhere in the additions to the game, so certainly try and find it.

He was talking about FM+, not KH2 itself. And in the FM+ you have LS telling Sora that LS - namely, Terra - didn't choose him for the Keyblade.
Process of elimination then in light of KH1 saying who was the Original Master...?

Also, they asked about family and school, and he ignored that one.

Because neither, specifically the latter, are overly important in the games :\ school aside (as it never seemed to even be there on KH1 ~_~) I agree it's frustrating about family issues. But I guess he can just shrug it all off by saying Namine made everyone forget Sora, so by the time they remembered him it was soothed and calm and nice and he came back not too long afterwards (something like them meeting up with Leon and everyone and having forgotten Sora seemed like the most natural thing to do, though as his mother... I'd have sooner went to a shrink about having forgotten my son :\).
But again, they're unimportant, so yeah.

Qarx

Riku handed the WtD (being the new Soul Eater) to Kairi, while still wielding the WtD.
Good enough?

I believe neither.

About Duel Wielding -

Xehanort's Memories = the events of Birth By Sleep. They are spoilers.

He was talking about FM+, not KH2 itself. And in the FM+ you have LS telling Sora that LS - namely, Terra - didn't choose him for the Keyblade.
Process of elimination then in light of KH1 saying who was the Original Master...?

Because neither, specifically the latter, are overly important in the games :\ school aside (as it never seemed to even be there on KH1 ~_~) I agree it's frustrating about family issues. But I guess he can just shrug it all off by saying Namine made everyone forget Sora, so by the time they remembered him it was soothed and calm and nice and he came back not too long afterwards (something like them meeting up with Leon and everyone and having forgotten Sora seemed like the most natural thing to do, though as his mother... I'd have sooner went to a shrink about having forgotten my son :\).
But again, they're unimportant, so yeah.

I see.
Though, I was wondering about plot holes, not just spoilers (duel-wielding) but I guess I forgot/didn't read more than once to remember how many questions he dodged.

As for his mother...
DiZ:
His friends will remeber him now, too. To them, he will be like a good friend who had gone away for a year.
I don't know about you, but if my kid disappeared for a year, I'd freak out.
Kairi looked like she had school-type stuff (uniform, suitcase) during Roxas's time in the Digital Twilight Town.

You have good points. It's kinda fun reading your long posts. I just hope I'm not boring people with MY long posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back