• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting Observations Of Keyblade Wielders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra Firma

It would appear that certain people can open the doors without direct contact with a keyblade. Xehanort did it when the gummi was destroyed. It seems that Riku did it as well, as the keyblade hadn't yet attatched itself to him.
(Another interesting note, the counterparts (Aquairi excluded) seem to have switched weapons for some reason. Ven had the WTD, and Terra had the KK, yet now Sora has the KK and Riku has the WTD. This may be due to the whole lost in the planning stages thing, but I'm not so sure, becase Riku was originally slated to recieve the KK.)
It seems a tad far fetched, and I don't have any theories about it quite yet, so make what you can of it.

Sincerely,
Spade Ace, Terra Firma.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
It would appear that certain people can open the doors without direct contact with a keyblade. Xehanort did it when the gummi was destroyed. It seems that Riku did it as well, as the keyblade hadn't yet attatched itself to him

The Keyholes can presumably be opened by anyone, although the location of each Keyhole is kept secret. In fact, maybe that's why the location has always been secret, to prevent people from accidentally opening them. The Keyblade is required only to seal them.

Ven had the WTD, and Terra had the KK

I believe you got this from the secret ending, yes? Keep in mind that this is a concept video, things are subject to change as BBS develops. There may be a symbolic meaning behind it (i.e. Terra handing down the KK to Riku), but nothing is concrete yet.

EDIT: You don't have to write down your name at the end of your post, we can see ur username quite clearly XD.

Last edited:

Terra Firma

It would appear that certain people can open the doors without direct contact with a keyblade. Xehanort did it when the gummi was destroyed. It seems that Riku did it as well, as the keyblade hadn't yet attatched itself to him The Keyholes can presumably be opened by anyone, although the location of each Keyhole is kept secret. In fact, maybe that's why the location has always been secret, to prevent people from accidentally opening them. The Keyblade is required only to seal them.
The Keyblade is used to open Keyholes as well.
The Keyblade (キーブレード ,Kīburēdo?) is a type of key-shaped weapon of unknown origin with the power to combat darkness and free hearts from the Heartless.[25] It also has the ability to lock and unlock all manner of doors and keyholes
Only Xehanort and Riku are recorded as having opened the keyholes without either a keyblade or some elaborate process involving one (Maleficent).
(Another interesting note, the counterparts (Aquairi excluded) seem to have switched weapons for some reason. Ven had the WTD, and Terra had the KK, yet now Sora has the KK and Riku has the WTD. This may be due to the whole lost in the planning stages thing, but I'm not so sure, becase Riku was originally slated to recieve the KK.)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It would appear that certain people can open the doors without direct contact with a keyblade. Xehanort did it when the gummi was destroyed. It seems that Riku did it as well, as the keyblade hadn't yet attatched itself to him.

Riku saw the Keyhole to Destiny Islands when he was 5 years old. At that time, Kairi had already reached the Islands. Namely, BBS was long gone. Namely, Terra was already gone. Namely, Terra had already passed the Keyblade to Riku.
Riku's had the Keyblade for over a decade, albeit in a dormant state. He had every ability to open the Door to the Heart of DI.

It was a concept video. I'd sooner have it that Terra was given the KK because he's the "leading protagonist" of the group. Also, he's the one that chose Riku for the KK, so it makes sense he'd be the one affiliated with it. Then you have Ven being "in the middle" with the WtD, and Aqua being the other moral end, hence the IKK.
Seeing however how the KK, IKK, and WtD are the only three Keyblades we're familiar with, it's not like they had too many options as to what to give around to TAV :\ you're reading too much into it.

And Kairi isn't a wielder so it's pointless to say she's Aqua's "counterpart". You should sooner tie Aqua to Mickey, but seeing how Mickey got the Keyblade of DARKNESS, I don't see why affiliations would mean squat here.

The Keyblade is used to open Keyholes as well.

You're basing that on wiki. Never do that, as quite a bit of their information is unbased and faulty.
As it stands now, we've never seen a Keyblade open the Keyholes to the Hearts of World, only seal them.

Only Xehanort and Riku are recorded as having opened the keyholes without either a keyblade or some elaborate process involving one (Maleficent).

Maleficent has nothing to do with opening either Door. Both Xehanort and Riku did it via possible and likely (on Xehanort's end) affiliations with the Keyblade.

Last edited:

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Riku's had the Keyblade for over a century,

Riku looks young for someone who is 100 years old. XD

Maleficent has nothing to do with opening either Door. Both Xehanort and Riku did it via possible and likely (on Xehanort's end) affiliations with the Keyblade.

You say Xehanort's and Riku's latent Keyblade abilities may have opened the Keyholes. But Maleficent's group of villians searched for the Keyholes of their respective worlds long before Riku came to the scene. What is the point of them searching for the Keyholes when they are unable to open them? You may say the villians were helping the Heartless, but the Heartless destroyed other worlds without the help of anyone just fine, and I doubt destroying the worlds they intend to rule are in the villians' best interests. Or am I just one big mess?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku looks young for someone who is 100 years old. XD

inorite.

You say Xehanort's and Riku's latent Keyblade abilities may have opened the Keyholes. But Maleficent's group of villians searched for the Keyholes of their respective worlds long before Riku came to the scene. What is the point of them searching for the Keyholes when they are unable to open them? You may say the villians were helping the Heartless, but the Heartless destroyed other worlds without the help of anyone just fine, and I doubt destroying the worlds they intend to rule are in the villians' best interests. Or am I just one big mess?

For starters, they weren't looking for just any Keyhole, they were looking for the Keyhole to Darkness that would lead them to Kingdom Hearts.
And then they could've used the Heartless, whereas Xehanort and Riku didn't need that 'help'. They did it on their own.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
For starters, they weren't looking for just any Keyhole, they were looking for the Keyhole to Darkness that would lead them to Kingdom Hearts.

The villians' ultimate goal was the Keyhole to the darkness, yes, but Jafar was searching for the Keyhole of Agrabah, and it is fact that Ursula sent Flotsam and Jetsam to find the Atlantica Keyhole, which she believed was in Triton's Throne Room.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Keyhole to Darkness ended up being Hollow Bastion's own Keyhole. So seeing how that's about the only Keyhole they actually did anything to/in regards to, that's about the only thing we really have to go on.
Think about it this way though - opening the Door makes the world disappear. They wanted to gain control over everything - why make the worlds they wanted to control disappear like that?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
So seeing how that's about the only Keyhole they actually did anything to/in regards to, that's about the only thing we really have to go on.

Not quite true. The Keyhole was one of Jafar's main desires since he used Genie to reveal it. Though Ursula's main motive was the trident, she also asked Flotsam and Jetsam whether the Keyhole was in Triton's Throne, and she took the news quite badly when it wasn't.

Think about it this way though - opening the Door makes the world disappear. They wanted to gain control over everything - why make the worlds they wanted to control disappear like that?

That's exactly my point. I don't understand why Ursula nor Jafar were hell-bent on finding the Keyhole. It was Jafar's fault that Sora was able to seal Agrabah's Keyhole. He could not do anything with it, so why bother?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Imagine had it been THE Keyhole. They'd have accomplished their mission.

You mean they did not the know location of THE Keyhole? Considering that Hollow Bastion was Maleficent's headquarters, she had the Ansem Reports and the POHs were gathered there, I assumed that they knew. I thought they were just bidding their time until all 7 are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back