• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is FF:AC any good

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
You, my friend are the most horribly IGNORANT person I know on these forums. But you're a n00b so I'll let it go.

No one has seen it yet because it's going to be released in November or later.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
billabong13 said:
You, my friend are the most horribly IGNORANT person I know on these forums. But you're a n00b so I'll let it go.

No one has seen it yet because it's going to be released in November or later.

Maybe you're the one who's ignorant, it is out. You can buy them on ebay on dvd now, i've got my own little website where you can buy it ;D as soon as i get the money, i'm there :p

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
billabong13 said:
Oh...looks like I got owned. XD Is it bootleg or Japanese version?

Japanese, my friend has it, he says >.> i haven't seen it yet but his is dubbed and subbed.

S

Shadow Soldier

I read a movie review on it, and by reading it, I think there is like a 20 min battle or something between Sephiroth and Cloud. And by the looks of it, Sephiroth plays a pretty big part in the movie.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
The movie is absolutely awful. It's just so incredibly bad it makes me want to cry. It's not Final Fantasy, it's the Matrix Revolutions.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
I heard that you could download Advent Children with English subs. Does anyone have this link? I'm searching all over and I'm dying to see it. Anybody who gave it to me would be greatly appreciated. I read reviews too, and by the looks of it, it is awesome.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
LordMune said:
The movie is absolutely awful. It's just so incredibly bad it makes me want to cry. It's not Final Fantasy, it's the Matrix Revolutions.

I have to agree. >_>

I heard that you could download Advent Children with English subs. Does anyone have this link? I'm searching all over and I'm dying to see it. Anybody who gave it to me would be greatly appreciated. I read reviews too, and by the looks of it, it is awesome.

No, not on these forums.

I attached my review of the film. >_> I'm rubbish at writing things, so shutup about mistake or errors. It gives you a little insight into the film.

Last edited:

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
I liked it, the fight scenes were good and the voices fit everyone(except Marlene's annoying voice). But you got to admit its better that Spirits within though.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
I give it an 8.5 out of 10. It's good for the most part except for the poorly planned and poorly pieced together storyline.

edit: Here's a review I posted for it on another forum I go to (minor spoilers):

Pros:
The Visuals. Holy crap, the computer graphics are awesome. From the beginning to the end, the whole thing is just like "wow". The ending credits are the best, showing a montage of backgrounds and visuals that just leave you thinking "Holy shit, those aren't real?"

Most of the characters. I liked the handling of a lot of the characters they did here. It was interesting to find out that Rufus and Tseng were both still alive after what happened to them in FF7. Reno and Rude made excellent comic reliefs for the most part, especially Reno. Kadaj was a cool character too. The voices for the most part really fit each character well. I liked some of the voices I'd heard before, such as Tooru Ookawa as Rufus Shinra, who was also the voice of Roy Mustang in the FMA, and Keiji Fujiwara as Reno, who was the voice of Maes Hughes in FMA. And also will be the voice of Axel in the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts II. He's like the trifecta of awesomeness. But anyway, yeah. That was all cool. The only voice I thought didn't really fit the character was Barret's. The rest were perfect.

The action. The action sequences are fast-paced, frequent, and amazing. My only complaint about them is that the battles with Yazoo and Loz get really old really fast. The final battle with Sephiroth is amazing.

The music. Holy sweet Jesus, the music. Nobuo Uematsu reprises his role as the music composer here, making both remixes of old FF7 tracks and brand new ones. The music perfectly sets the mood throughout the movie.

Cons:

The plot/storyline. It's there, but it's just really hard to understand. You'd probably need to watch it through a few times to fully understand everything, but even then, it just feels poorly planned and poorly pieced together, with very little explaination for how or why certain things happen. It feels more like an anime plotline rather than a well thought out and intricate Final Fantasy story. I do like how they worked Materia into the plot, though. Now we know how equipping Materia works.

The other characters. All right, what did they do to Marlene? She acted much more mature in FF7 than she did in the movie. And it takes place 2 years later. And I still don't understand what the point of Denzel is. He's just some random kid who happens to be friends with Marlene and has no real importance to the plot. Why focus so much on him? Also, most of the FF7 part members like Barret and Cid kind of get pushed out of the spotlight. They have like one big battle sequence and that's it. Also, why give Cait Sith and Reeve two different voices? They're the same person aren't they? And what the was up with Red XIII? They only gave him one line in the whole movie, and it wasn't even a very good one.

Despite the fact that the plot sucks, the movie is still awesome for the most part. Madness gives Final Fantasy VII Advent Children an 8.5 out of 10.

WarriorLarxene

Website
www.animecubed.com
^_^ I really, really liked the movie. Someone brought a downloaded copy to the Anime Club I'm in, lol. Even though I have only played about 4 hours of FF7 (I have a friend who has told me a lot about FF7, so I'm not completely clueless, lol), I thought it was a great movie! *sniff* I want to see it again, lol

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
I'm downloading the movie and I still have to wait 5 hours. Damn, i wanna see that movie.

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
Finally, i have watched FINAL FANTASY ADVENT CHILDREN! It was the best movie i have ever seen. The part when Bahamuth Sin attack's Midgar is so cool. Reno and Rude are so funny and they have cool moves.

U

understatement

Tidus90 said:
Finally, i have watched FINAL FANTASY ADVENT CHILDREN! It was the best movie i have ever seen. The part when Bahamuth Sin attack's Midgar is so cool. Reno and Rude are so funny and they have cool moves.
there fight is great they start to **** then they *** ass well for a second any way lol (to save spoling it for others ) the entrance was great the bike bits bigging and end great but the best lines came from him the greatest (i will not be just a memoy, been a while cloud) GOD SSOOOOO COOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back