• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it illegal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
To download PSP games to your PSP for free?I have many games on my PSP but if its illegal I need to know ir else the "MAN" is going to get me somehow.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I wonder : How does the goverment catch you?..Someone explain it in a simple manner.

I'm not certain but i'm guessing through the IP used to download it, and probably something similar to exif data with digital cameras

But most of the time governments etc. are not interested in tracking everyone as though would take too long, instead they tackle main uploaders and hosting sites

Xavier

Which is why most people are "dumping" the files off on massive hosting sites like rapidshare.com and megaupload.com and splitting the files in rar's. Then they password protect them with the name of the site who upped them which are usually only message boards. This process is called DDL or direct download linking. It's quite common and more often then none- safer on both sides.

If you own a playstation game and you port it to the PSP that is not illegal. If someone you know ports their copy of a Playstation game to your PSP that is not illegal. If you willfully download with the intent to distribute, redistribute, profit, or contain for a period of more than 18 hours(It's not 24 which is a common misconception) then you are by law "pirating."

Piracy is a punishable offense in America by up to but no further than - 4,000USD and 14 days imprisonment. Anything filed by the company whose proceeds you have diminished, deprived them of, or delinquently neglected will then be added to your existing charges. And you may or may not have to pay for the fees you'll incur if they win. Most of the time the company will let you go, or settle out for a small payment no less than 10,000USD.

Be smart, if you pirate- don't say it out loud unless you're on a message board.

The FBI, CIA, and local PD do not care.
The RIAA, The MPAA, THE ESA, and the ACR do. And they will sue your ass. ;)

Squall

I dont know if its totally legal but beware the some content from the web might damage your psp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back