• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Xion a One time only character? (spoilers ya)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerGuitar

In other words, they are milking the series by bringing in new unresolved story threads in order to pull off KH3 when everything could have been wrapped up nicely in KH2. Let's hope it IS the definite conclusion.

Likewise, Square will keep milking KH until it's done and dead. =/ With the huge fanservice/base, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more KH's to come.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hopefully though Nomura'd keep to his word about KH as we know it being Sora's story and show us more he realizes he can't go on forever telling a single character's story.
I wouldn't mind KH getting as many titles as FF... so long as they change the cast COMPLETELY every several games.

A

Azrael

Personally it would mitigate the impact of Xion's death if she just suddenly came back to life.

A reference would be fine. Hell a flashback of Riku and Xion's time together if KHIII turns out to be separated into scenarios.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
We can't tell for now, but I really hope she gets a second chance of some kind. Seeing her in the last installment would be nice. Or at least a reference of some kind ..maybe Sora or Riku will mention her name, without really knowing who she is ..and she leaves Sora like Roxas did near the end of the second game.

Just a hope ..

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Is Xion a One time only character?

Either she will appear in Riku's Destati (and there have been some debate that she already did in Roxas's Destati), a flashback, or if the writers choose to do so, use the powers of the Chamber of Repose or Wakening to allow her to briefly project an image of herself from Sora's memories.

How so?

(25 Characters)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Twilight Thorn. It's supposed to represent Roxas's time in the Organization and before the thing appeared, you see a hooded figure standing behind Roxas.
Post-Days speculation raise the possibility it wasn't Organization-Roxas, but Xion, who would equally represent Roxas's time in the Org.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Twilight Thorn. It's supposed to represent Roxas's time in the Organization and before the thing appeared, you see a hooded figure standing behind Roxas.
Post-Days speculation raise the possibility it wasn't Organization-Roxas, but Xion, who would equally represent Roxas's time in the Org.

Oh, thanks.

(25 Characters)

Sorakun12

I figure that she would be at least talked about by the only surviving person who remembers her, Riku. That is, unless Square is changing it so he doesn't remember like he did at the end of Days.

I'd like to see her once again at some point, possibly in Deep Dive. Have her face on one of the glass platforms with Sora and Roxas with some possible flashbacks of scenes from Days of her. Maybe her even revealing herself to Sora, though I doubt it would happen.

Kyarah

Personally it would mitigate the impact of Xion's death if she just suddenly came back to life.

A reference would be fine. Hell a flashback of Riku and Xion's time together if KHIII turns out to be separated into scenarios.

I'm curious to see what they did the whole time they were together. Because she spent what, a month with Riku?

I don't think her coming back would serve any purpose. References and flashbacks would be good, though.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I figure that she would be at least talked about by the only surviving person who remembers her, Riku. That is, unless Square is changing it so he doesn't remember like he did at the end of Days.

...dude. The entire ending of Days was to show how both Riku and Roxas forgot about her o_o or did Riku's Memories of Xion turning into static not clue you in?

I'd like to see her once again at some point, possibly in Deep Dive.

Deep Dive = the KH1:FM secret ending where Roxas and Riku fought. You're talking about the Dive to the Heart.

Have her face on one of the glass platforms with Sora and Roxas with some possible flashbacks of scenes from Days of her.

I'd sooner see her face in Riku's Destati XD but that's me.

Candylanger

Awards
I'm curious to see what they did the whole time they were together. Because she spent what, a month with Riku?

I don't think her coming back would serve any purpose. References and flashbacks would be good, though.
It's going to be difficult to bring her back, since everyone forgot about her, so flashbacks wouldn't work unless Sora does something to awaken her memories, but I think they should let us know what happened between Riku and Xion during that month.

I'd sooner see her face in Riku's Destati XD but that's me.
She fits more in Riku's Destati than Sora's or Roxas's Destati.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I would really like to see her back, but I really don't see that happening, seeing as she's just a "puppet". As much as I love her she seems a lot like a plot device. It's not like anyone remembers her.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Plot devices tend to make comebacks. Notice how Both CoM and Days don't really have Kairi but she played a role in CoM's plot if only because Namine brought her in, and Namine's conduct with Sora's Memories gave us a Kairi-lookalike in Xion's image.
And yet Kairi herself never made an appearance in either game save for CoM's credit roll.

Xion's being a plot device is exactly why the chances of her being mentioned again are high since she doesn't need to really be brought back, unlike, say, the Organization who'd need their Somebodies to be around (Isa and Lea, anyone?). Especially seeing how they emphasized how she shares Namine's motif of "Forgotten but not Lost" - and we all know how well even Sora kept "forgetting" about Namine in the FM+.

To me, that's how you can really measure a character's impact on the plot - the influence even without them being there. Riku had it in spades, Kairi had it even if sometimes forced to base SoKai through Namine and Xion (ew), and Sora FINALLY had it in Days. Namine had it more than enough if only because she basically gave us Days, and then in KH2.
Depending on her relations to Sora and Riku, she wouldn't need to make a full comeback if one at all - just be further explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back