• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

iTunes/iPod question.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm getting an iPod Nano.

But, my computer has limited space.

If I had a song on iTunes that I put on an iPod, could I safely delete said song from iTunes without worrying about anything happening to the song on my iPod?

If it's an obvious question, well, I blame my lack of technological wisdom.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
The short answer: Yes and no.

The long: In order for this to work, you'll need to set your iPod to manually manage your music. Otherwise, it will auto-sync the deleted songs and delete them from you iPod as well.

The other thing you need to be aware of is that there's no official way to retrieve the songs from your iPod to put them back on your computer in the event you want/need to do this.

If all you're asking is whether or not deleting songs from your computer will affect them on your iPod though, the answer is no, as long as you set your iPod for manual mode (which you can do on the first tab that comes up when you click on your iPod in iTunes).

The short answer: Yes and no.

The long: In order for this to work, you'll need to set your iPod to manually manage your music. Otherwise, it will auto-sync the deleted songs and delete them from you iPod as well.

The other thing you need to be aware of is that there's no official way to retrieve the songs from your iPod to put them back on your computer in the event you want/need to do this.

If all you're asking is whether or not deleting songs from your computer will affect them on your iPod though, the answer is no, as long as you set your iPod for manual mode (which you can do on the first tab that comes up when you click on your iPod in iTunes).

Thank you. It really doesn't matter about retrieving the songs. I'll just keep the cds.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back