• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

iTunes library issues.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Well, about two weeks ago I found myself in quite the predicament- starting up iTunes with everything gone. Everything. My songs, my playlists, my ratings, playlists, etc.

So then I had to backtrack and re-import all of my downloaded music but then I have all these CD's I'll have to re-import too. It took a while and there are still some CD's I need to import back in there.

It turns out I had a corrupted iTunes library file (how that happened escapes me).

But now I want to make sure that that doesn't happen again. But I don't want to spend money on a bunch of CD's to store 30GB of music. I just want to know if there's a simpler solution in case my computer decides to pull that stunt again.

PS: I don't want anyone answering with that "don't use iTunes" crap. Flame me all you want, but I'm gonna be getting the iPod touch and it only uses iTunes which isn't enough to stray me away from the product.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Well, about two weeks ago I found myself in quite the predicament- starting up iTunes with everything gone. Everything. My songs, my playlists, my ratings, playlists, etc.

So then I had to backtrack and re-import all of my downloaded music but then I have all these CD's I'll have to re-import too. It took a while and there are still some CD's I need to import back in there.

It turns out I had a corrupted iTunes library file (how that happened escapes me).

But now I want to make sure that that doesn't happen again. But I don't want to spend money on a bunch of CD's to store 30GB of music. I just want to know if there's a simpler solution in case my computer decides to pull that stunt again.

PS: I don't want anyone answering with that "don't use iTunes" crap. Flame me all you want, but I'm gonna be getting the iPod touch and it only uses iTunes which isn't enough to stray me away from the product.

itunes has a "back up to disk" function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back