• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Ivalice (A Story based on FF TA)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Website
yun-kun.deviantart.com
I just want to point out, that this is the first story I ever really wrote, so my vocabulary is rather...well...
well i want to apologize for form, vocabulary and grammar mistakes.

well there you go....oh just as a note, the original FF TA-Charas won't appear during the story
...i don't like them, I'll just use the mainframe of FF TA to build my own story...
---
I am a slow writer and I am in a writers block, but I'll post what I have so far ^^

oh and I want to thank Cloud302 and sequelbld for pre-reading it. ^^

Ivalice - Where Dreams Come True

“It was like any other day...”

An Ancient Book...

Long before Noah built his ark, the tales tell of an ancient land called Kiltia...
A world where swords and sorcery reigned.

Its learning and power were swept away in the great flood, but one clue to its
secrets remained: an ancient book known as the Gran Grimoire, hidden
in darkness by the powers that once were.

It is not certain how many copies of the book still exist, but it is said that whoever
should hold one holds the power to change the world.

Many lived out their days searching the world for surviving copies,
But none were ever found.

It was an illusion, they said. A myth- but one worth dying for.

Intro: Real Life

“I wish we could meet each other and search for adventures...”

-“Adventures? *lol* I don’t think there’s a way to have a real adventure...
but there would be one if Earth was a world like in a fantasy game....”

-“Yeah, it would be great. I would ride a dragon...”

-“And I would try to catch a Chocobo!”

-“My dragon would eat your chocobo for breakfast! ...just kidding.
I'd say that he could eat all Chocobos, except yours.”

-“Then I would get a really fat Chocobo! I mean really fat!”

-“....but if it was that fat you couldn’t ride it anymore....!”

-“o_0...I guess you’re right....but what would we eat on our adventure,
I don’t think we would find a microwave somewhere in a fantasy world?! *lol*”

-“We'd hunt for our food, and we'd make a fire, and cook it.
If we were unable to catch an animal, then we'd search for nearby fruits, vegetables, or nuts.“

- “*sigh* Too bad the real world isn’t like that....”

- “Damn...the bell just rang I hope I can talk to you later...*hugs and kisses* I’ll miss you ...Bye...”

- “Bye. *hugs and kisses* I’ll miss you too....”

The bell rang, school was over... I stood up and left the classroom looking back at the computer I had been sitting in front of.
A few weeks ago I would have been happy about that.
I still felt relaxed when I finally was able to leave the in winter too cold rooms of my school,
but I always had to leave someone important to me when I walked out of the media-center.
It had been snowing for weeks in St.Ivalice, but it was winter and it was normal.
St.Ivalice, the city I had been living in; it was more a big village though; was the same everyday.

And like everyday the younger pupils for my school were having a snowball fight; a few kids were going down on Mewt.
Their leader was a guy called Guiness, he and his friends, Lyle and Colin, never liked Mewt very much.
I’d never seen them being nice to him, but it didn’t matter, to me they were just a bunch of show-offs.

Mewt was a 13 year old boy who always had a teddy with him,
even if this bear was one of the reasons Guiness and his gang were laughing at him.
I heard he had lost his mother a few years ago, since that he had been quiet and others started to be mean to him,
because he never really talked to them.

I usually kept out of these snowball fights, but it was getting too serious that time.
A new kid, Marche, and one of the girls, Ritz, were helping him out, and so did I.
It was easy to hit Guiness’ guys, because they were all focusing on Mewt.
I bowed and formed a snowball, I slowly walked behind them, and then BANG!
My snowball hit Lyle’s back and he turned aroung quickly, and so did the others.
‘That should give Mewt a little break...’ I thought while I formed another snowball,
this time I wanted to hit Guiness, but before I could do so I heard Mewt cry out for a short moment.
Marche ran over to him. “Are you okay?...Mewt! You’re forehead is bleeding...”
“There was a stone in the snowball.” I walked over to them and stood in front of the bleeding boy.
A few other snowballs came flying, at first I wanted to dodge, but then I remembered the boy and just stood there being hit.
“More stones?!”, I asked angrily after they had stopped for a short moment.

“We didn’t throw any stoooooones!”, Lyle smiled and it was hard not to notice that he was lying.
“First you throw stones and now you’re lying? That’s really brave Lyle!” Ritz walked towards him.
She looked as if she was going to raise his fists and let them crush down on that cowards face.
Of course she didn’t do that, but I hoped she would.
“What are you talking about! You’re the one lying to everyone;
I mean we all know that your hair isn’t really pink.
It’s white as my grandfathers!”, Colin laughed and bowed as if he was an old man.

“Behave kids!”, Mr Leslaie said as he entered the schoolyard.
He looked at Guiness’ gang angry.
“Guiness, Colin, Lyle, I want to talk about this, go inside and wait for me!
...Are you alright, Mewt?”, he asked as he kneeled in front of the boy. “Does it hurt very much?”
“Uhm... It’s okay, I am alright.” “Are you sure...and how are you, Fei?”, Mr Leslaie then asked me.
“Yeah, I was lucky; they didn’t hit me on the head...”
“Good to hear that! Mewt, Ritz,...”, he nodded looking at each of us and smiled.
“...Marche, Fei, you can go home now, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

A few minutes later the four of us were walking home together,
Mewt said something about a bookstore that had opened a few days ago, it was called ‘Fantasy Box’.
“They also sell comics and game walkthroughs there.
The people working there were very nice to me when I got there yesterday, but it’s hard to find it.”
Mewt said more about it as he showed us the way to the shop.
“I haven’t found anything that really caught my interest so far,
and they don’t seem to open until 9:15 p.m., but I definetly like it.”
The building the shop was in was old and looked as if it could fall down any minute,
but something about it was special, though I couldn’t describe what exactly it was.
I knew I had to get into that shop, something seemed to be waiting for me.

“Fei! You’ve been online long enough, I have to work!”
“Okay Mom...”, I sighed as I wrote my last message to “her”

“Sorry, I have to go...my mom has to work, I would stay on longer,
but she has been busy for the last few days.
Good Night, *hugs and kisses* I hope we can talk tomorrow.
I’ll go to the shop I told you about now. See you soon.”

The “Fantasy Box” was a new shop, but there was already dust and webs built by spiders everywhere.
Only a few lights lit up the rooms, but it didn’t seem to be dark.
“Can I help you?”, a young; quite attractive; woman asked me smiling.
I turned around quickly, because I hadn’t noticed that there was someone in the room when I entered and replied surprised:
“N...No I am just looking around.”

I had a weird feeling about the place, everything seemed to have something magical about it:
The old chairs standing next to a wall on which a dirty mirror was hanging just like the shelves holding the books that were sold there.
I took a closer look at the mirror:
It looked as if someone was standing right next to me!
“Who a-“, I began as I turned around quickly expecting someone to be behind me.
But I only saw another row of old books and the dust falling down. I suggested that it was just my mind playing tricks on me,
but when I looked at the glass again the person was there again.
I didn’t turn around this time, whatever it was, it should have scared me,
making me think of ghosts or other weird things, but it felt familiar.

“Is there a problem? Have you found something interesting?”, the women asked as she came walking towards me.
I shook my head still confused.
When I looked at the mirror again the person had dissapeared and I was pretty sure that it had just been my imagination.

A book seemed to be missing in the shelf behind me.
There was nearly no dust where it should have been standing,
so I suggested that someone had already bought it before I entered the shop and decided to check the other books.
They had names like “Lost Summons”, “Fantasy Realms – Everything You Have To Know”,
“How To Survive In A Fantasy World? – Basics” or “Cook Your Kuponut – 1000 Tasty Things For Your Moogle”.
But only one book really caught my interest:

“Gran Grimoire"

--------------------
thats it for now...here's a Fei-pic for you:
Fei

Yun

Website
yun-kun.deviantart.com
Chapter 1:

When I got home I was finally able to start reading my new book.
It had a golden cover with a map on it. On the map there were five red crosses, that seemed to mark something important.
I hadn’t opened the book in the shop or outside of it, I had felt that I had to wait, but now the time was right.
My hands couldn’t stop turning the pages and my eyes couldn’t stop reading until they just closed and I fell asleep.

I could hear wind blowing and it was very warm, but I didn’t look up.
‘I knew it was wrong to put the heater on...’, I told myself when I felt something hit my head.
“Uhh...not again Lyle....you know stones aren’t fair...”
“What issss he talking about...?”, a deep voice asked and another one replied after a short break:
“Why do you ask me, how should I know?!”
“And how does it know your name, Judge Lyle?”, a third deep voice asked.
“Hey you?!”, a boy called me as I looked up confused.
It was Lyle standing right in front of me. ‘What is he doing in my bedroom....and who were the other three...?’
“If he doesn’t wake up, bring him to prison, he’s just laying around in our way.”

Prison....
I stood up slowly, I can’t remember how long it took me to do so, but Lyle had already left.
Now I was standing there,...but where?! I had no idea where I was, or how I got there.

When I went to bed before it was snowing outside and now I was standing in a hot and yellow desert....with three...
”LIZARDMEN?!”, I yelled as I turned around to see who had been speeking to Lyle before.
“Why are you yelling, boy?... Hey kid, don’t tell me you’ve never seen a Bangaa?!”
“A what?!” Everything was getting really confusing to me, I was talking to a huge Lizard standing on two legs like a human, speaking!
“You can talk?!”, I asked and as a reward for my question the lizardman, or Bangaa what they seemed to be called,
threw me over his shoulder and started walking.

“Let me down,...or....”
“Or what? Will you continue annoying me with your voice?”, the second lizardmen asked me.
I couldn’t tell what kind of emotion his face originally should show, but it looked scary to me.
The third Bangaa came running after the others.
“Better end thissss assss fasssst assss possssible and bring him to Ssssprohm...into prisssson.”
He whisteled and a small creature; it looked like a bunny or something like that; came running from the distance.
It raised it’s tiny, little hands and suddenly some kind of clouds; or was it sheeps?; flew around my head... I fell asleep.

“As soon as I get....my weapon...”, a purple-haired guy whispered trying to grab something.
“...I’ll show them why... it was wrong to put me.... in here...I...didn’t....do anything...wrong!”
He tried it one last time, then he stood up and walked into a corner of the small room he was in.
Only one window showing the stars sending their light onto the sky.
It was a cell, a cell in a prison. Only one other person was in that room...and that was me.
“When will you ever be quiet...I want to sleep...”, I told him for the fifth time now, but he didn’t seem to care.
“Come on! Try it, you have longer arms than I have, get my weapon for me....!”
“And what if you have it...we’re still in here.”
He sighed and stood up then he started yelling:
“I told you! I can pay! Now let me out of here!”

A Bangaa came nearer to the cell and kneeled down.
It was the one that had carried me before, I had found out that his name was Elef.
He was working in this prison for a few years now and he knew how to behave in front of people being noisy all the time.
“Now...I told you before, you broke a rule, you healed yourself in a fight that had a rule against that.
It won’t be cheap to get yourself out of here. Let’s say....10000Gil and 8000Gil for the other guy?!”
“Why do I have to pay for him?! I don’t even know him...and he didn’t even try to help me getting my...”
“Your?”, Elef asked slowly looking right into the boy’s eyes.
He sighed and reached for a bag. “20000Gil was it right?”, he sighed once more as he gave Elef the money.
“Now, welcome in freedom you two!
Pack your things and leave, and don’t think about breaking the rules again, I won’t be that nice the next time.”
With that Elef gave the boy his weapon; a scythe which the blade looked like a demon’s wing or something like that; and showed us the way out.

The city was quiet now, because it was late at night, but when I was just brought into that cell it had been loud.
When I woke up in there that boy was already sitting next to me.
He had been trying to get his scythe for about four hours and had been cursing the whole time.

I still had no idea where I was or why I was in that place, but it seemed to be fun.
And I kept telling myself that it was just a weird dream, because that was what it looked like to me.
Bangaas, weird bunnies; Elef told me that they were called “Moogles”; Dog-like people and other weird creatures.
Everything seemed as if I was in one of those fantasy games I loved to play, but it was so real to me... too real for a game.

“Will you stand there forever?!”, the boy asked me while I tried to look at everything at once.
It was to dark to be able to really see all the things, but I tried to find out where I was by looking at it.
But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t think of a real place looking like this town.
The purple-haired guy still hadn’t told me his name, and he didn’t ask for mine.
“Uhm...no I didn’t plan to do so...”, I replied slowly and started to follow him.

“Do you have money with you?”, he asked me, but I guess he already knew what my answer would be.
“No...but thanks for getting me out of there.”
“As if I had a choice kid.”
“Who are you calling kid?
You’re not even a year older then me, if I am allowed to say that!
Why do I always have to have dreams in which I travel with idiots...”

“Dreams?!”, he asked confused but smiling, then he ran towards me raising his scythe ready to attack.
I walked backwards until I stood next to the wall that was built around the town,
my eyes were searching for something I could attack with, but I only found a wooden stick that wouldn’t help against his scythe.
‘There’s no other way!’, I thought as I picked it up and held it in front of me.
The scythe cut trough the stick and a second later I felt the cold blade touching my neck.
My blood was running to the small wound the boy’s scythe had caused and dropped down on my clothes.
The boy came closer and smiled.

“Does this feel like a dream to you?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back