• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kairi's Resolve

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sakura hikari

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
XD YAY, AN UPDATE! That was a good chapter, shadowblade. Did you save your story before it got deleted? It seems like it because, well, it just does. I distinctly remember a bunch of things. Aww Seryl was one of my favorites too. He was a really well-developed character...Please post the next chapter soon.

shadowblade

There we go. Sorry for the delay.

Chapter Six: Oblivion

Yuyami stood there, waiting. He was surrounded by what must've been hundreds of SOLDIERS, and they all looked ready to throw down. He gripped the keyblades tighter, tensing.

Suddenly, a part of the wall of SOLDIERS split, letting through three people dressed in dark blue business suits.

Turks, Yuyami thought as they strode confidently into the circle. He had never actually met one before, but he had heard a lot about them.

"Who the hell are you?" the one in front asked bluntly. The leader, Yuyami assumed.

"I'm looking for the Keyblade Master," Yuyami responded, still wary of being attacked. "I heard he was here."

"He already left," one of them replied, a woman. "So why don't you just get out of here? We don't have time to talk to you."

The leader of the group sighed, running a hand through his fiery red hair. "Elena...you talk to much..."

The blonde, Elena, lowered her head in shame, choosing to remain silent. A wise choice, Yuyami thought amusedly.

"So he was here," Yuyami pointed out. "When did he leave?"

The guy in the front laughed, elbowing the big, muscular guy to his right. "Hey, Rude. Get a load of this guy. I believe he thinks we're the Midgar information desk."

The bald man shook his head, adjusting the dark sunglasses on his face. "He's wrong."

"He sure is, Rude," the red-head smirked, turning back to Yuyami. "Look, guy. I suggest you take Elena's advice and turn tail. You wouldn't want things to get ugly, would you?"

Yuyami had already figured that they probably didn't know where the Keyblade Master was, but there was no way he was leaving without some kind of clue.

"I'm not leaving until I know where he is," Yuyami said, sliding into his stance.

"Reno..." Elena began, her voice a little impatient.

"I know, Elena," he responded, glancing at his watch. He looked up at Yuyami. "Look, I'd love to finish that, but we've got a little business to take care of." With that, they all turned on heel and walked back away, disappearing into the mass of SOLDIERS from whence they came.

Yuyami sighed with a shrug. "Okay..."

As one, all of the SOLDIERS attacked, screaming with swords raised. Yuyami swung his keyblades in a powerful circle, knocking back the first attackers. He then jumped, backflipping high out of the circle and landing a little ways from the SOLDIERS.

As they approached, a drop of water splashed on Yuyami's cheek, and he looked up at the dark sky. No moon, no stars. Just dark clouds. Great, Yuyami thought. Rain. A thunderclap agreed with the Keyblade Master's thought, and rain suddenly began to fall heavily on the city of Midgar.

Suddenly, a cry sounded through the night. "Heartless!"

Yuyami watched as the dark creatures began emerging from every shadow, sliding across the ground and attacking anything with a heart. The confused SOLDIERS began attacking the Heartless instead, shouting and yelling.

Yuyami began attacking the Heartless as well, confidently swinging his keyblades in powerful arcs. The blades slid through every Heartless easily, crushing them and leaving behind puffs of black smoke.

Suddenly, he sensed the power of another keyblade master present. Yuyami closed his eyes and, while continuing to fight, tried to pinpoint the exact location of the Keyblade Master. He knew he was around, and all he had to do was…

Look up.

On the roof of the building, stood a silver-haired boy of about seventeen. He wore a coat similar to Yuyami’s. His hair was waving in the wind and covered most of his face, except for a confident smirk.

Yuyami began to run toward the building, destroying Heartless in his wake. Some SOLDIERS attacked him as well, but he dodged the attacks with ease. Without stopping, he cast a light Graviga spell on himself and began running up it. With the magic of gravity holding him down, Yuyami continued up the building, taking out Heartless that were appearing in his path. He then threw his keyblade to destroy the rest of the Heartless in his way.

The boy stepped forward and looked down at Yuyami. Without warning, he jumped off the building and, in midair, caught the thrown keyblade. On the way down he passed Yuyami, who was still running up the building, and winked. He then began destroying the Heartless following Yuyami on the way down. He landed lightly on the ground and destroyed the remaining Heartless his area.

Yuyami jumped down from the building as well and landed next to the silver-haired boy, surveying the empty street. It seemed that the Heartless had retreated and the SOLDIERS had followed suit.

“What’s your name?” Yuyami looked at the boy. He summoned his keyblade back to his own hand.

“My name?” The boy’s blue-green eyes gleamed. “My name is Riku.”

~~~
Kairi awoke, finding herself in a warm, comfortable bed and decided to enjoy it while she could. She turned over and gasped at the sudden pain in her side. She inspected the point of pain and saw a bruise. That was where the main force of that Thundaga spell had hit, she thought.

“You’ll be okay. Its just a bruise.”

Kairi looked up and saw a girl her age standing there. Her skin was tanned a light brown and her shoulder-length hair had been bleached white by the sun (the sun?). Her violet eyes stared at Kairi with interest.

“Yeah, but you’re not the one who has it,” Kairi answered.

The girl brushed hair from her eyes and smiled. “I guess I did overdo it. But you’ll live.”

Kairi shrugged. “I guess," she replied, before blinking. "Wait a minute, that was you I was fighting in there?”

The girl’s smile widened into a grin. “Yeah, and you weren’t that bad. If I didn’t know magic, we might have fought to a standstill. What’s your name?”

Kairi sat up, wincing at the pain. “I’m Kairi. Pleased to meet you.”

The girl walked over to her and shook her hand. “Pleased to meet you too, my name’s Fayne.”

Kairi nodded, before asking a question. “So, Fayne, how did you learn magic?”

“Actually, the Archmages taught me how to use magic. I can only use black magic, though, because that was what was in my blood.”

“What do you mean, ‘in your blood’?”

“Everyone has latent magic potential in them. Some people have the ability to use white magic, some have the ability to use white magic. A few also know how to use blue and red magic, which is pretty rare these days.”

“Do you think I can learn magic?” Kairi asked hopefully. If she got stronger, finding Sora would be that much easier.

Fayne took her hand and helped her out of the bed. “We’ll see. I’ll take you to the Archmages. They’ll be able to tell you whether you can use magic or not.”

Kairi nodded and, holding Fayne’s hand, they walked out of the room and through the palace.

“So what’s your story, Kairi?” Fayne looked at her with interest.

“My story?”

“Yeah, like how you got your keyblade? Why you’re here. Stuff like that.”

“Oh okay, I guess I’ll tell you my story but it’s not a happy one.”

Kairi then told Fayne all about how the keyblade chose Sora and how he had to battle Ansem. She told her about the princesses of heart, Riku, and how she got her keyblade. She also told about Yuyami and their adventures until their separation.

“Wow, you’re right. That isn’t a happy story. Do you know where this Sofa is?”

"It's Sora," Kairi corrected before shaking her head. “And no... His voice…I don’t hear it anymore.”

“You’ll find him.”

“Yeah, sometimes it gets me down, but I know that I’ll find Sora and we’ll be together again.”

Fayne stayed silent looking at the ground. She’s probably going to want to hear my story now, she thought.

“Well I’ve told me my story and now it’s your turn. So what’s your story, Fayne?”

Fayne sighed. “I was born on a planet that was all desert. The only living things that could survive on that planet were my people and I…and the monsters. We stayed there, moving from place to place, looking for ‘The Oasis’. ‘The Oasis’ was a myth that our people had. It said that if we kept looking for it and believing with all of our hearts, we would find ‘The Oasis’, a beautiful forest with plenty of water and fruit for all.”

Kairi looked at her as they walked down the street. “Did you find it?”

“It didn’t exist. I tried to tell them that instead of moving from place to place, we should settle and build our future. They didn’t listen and kept looking for paradise. Finally after a few years, they had grown sick of my disapproval of their wild-chocobo chase. They said that I was the reason that we couldn’t find ‘The Oasis’, because of my lack of faith. They then banished me, thinking that would reveal ‘The Oasis’.”

Kairi shook her head. “That’s horrible.”

“Heh, yeah. I had to live on my own, so I built myself a shelter and lived. There were monsters on the planet so I had to use a stick to defend myself and catch game.”

“That’s why I’m so good with a sword,” she added as an afterthought.

“So how did you get the keyblade?” Kairi asked.

“One day I was sleeping and I had a dream. A voice told me that I would be the one to help destroy the darkness. It asked me if I wanted to wield the keyblade. I thought about what I was doing, where I was living, and I accepted. When I awoke the keyblade was in my hand and heartless were all around. I destroyed them and thought that was the end. But then this huge black thing in the sky brought me to this world. And here I am.”

Kairi gave an empty laugh. “Guess we both have sad stories, huh?”

“Yeah. Anyway, here’s the place.” They stood in front of what looked like a gothic castle. The stone was black with ivy creeping up it, and the whole building seemed to lean to the side.

Kairi shivered. “This doesn’t exactly look like a fun place.”

“No one said it was. Let’s go.” She opened the huge door and walked in.

Kairi followed her in, looking around. The room was brightly lit with torches that hung from the walls. She saw for thrones and, on each one, was a hooded figure.

Fayne nudged Kairi. “Go talk to each of them and see what they have to say.”

Kairi nodded and walked up to the first one. He (she?) was dressed in a black robe. The figure touched her face and shook its head. It then pointed to the next figure. Kairi was confused and looked back toward Fayne, who nodded her encouragement.

Kairi shrugged and went to the second one, who was dressed in a dark-blue robe. The figure, like the first, touched her cheek and shook its head.It then pointed to the next figure.

Kairi, who wanted nothing more than to just leave, quickly went over to the next figure, which was clothed in a blood-red cloak. Once again her face was touched and she was sent to the final figure.

What’s the point of this, Kairi wondered. She walked over to the last figure, which was dressed in a white robe and waited. The figure touched her cheek and nodded. It then got up left the room to a door leading to the back area. It motioned for Kairi to follow.

Kairi went over to Fayne and asked, “What was that all about?”

“Each of those figures is the master of each form of magic. The first controls black magic, the second controls blue magic, the third controls red magic, and the fourth controls white magic. They are the most powerful practitioners of their respective magic.”

Fayne put a hand on Kairi’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, they won’t hurt you. Just go in there and see what happens.”

Kairi nodded placing her trust in Fayne. She walked into the room that the white mage had entered and gasped. There was a pool in the middle of the room and it was filled with what looked like spirits and white magic.

The figure spoke, “Enter the Pond of Serenity. There you will learn all the magic you need to know to help you reach your goals.”

My goals, Kairi thought. I only have one goal and that is to bring Sora back. If this will help me bring him home, then I have to do it.

Kairi walked into the pool and was engulfed by the powerful magic and spirits that resided in it. The white mage folded its arms and waited.

~~~
“Riku…” Yuyami nodded, folding his arms. “Yes, you must be Kairi’s friend.”

Riku’s eyes widened in surprise. “You know Kairi? How?”

“I met her here in this world. Apparently her will to find you and the other boy was far stronger than the walls keeping the worlds apart.”

Riku looked down in confusion. “She still wants to find me? After everything I did?”

“Kairi didn’t tell me much about her past with you two, but then again I didn’t ask.”

“Well, where is she?” Riku looked at Yuyami expectantly.

“We separated,” Yuyami answered.

“What!” Riku grabbed Yuyami by his front and screamed, “We have to find her! She’s not safe here! It’s too dangerous! She’ll die!”

Yuyami noticed that he wore a thick black glove on his right hand, but a white, fingerless glove on his left. Odd.

“Relax. Kairi is a lot stronger than when you last saw her. She’s a Keyblade Master also.”

Riku blinked in surprise, letting go of Yuyami's coat. “Kairi’s a keyblade master?”

“Yes, her determination and strong heart brought the keyblade to her,” Yuyami answered.

“Well we have to find her,” Riku said. “She could be in danger.”

“You’re starting to sound like a broken record,” Yuyami, as calm as always, said. “Don’t worry, she’s in Salom. I can feel her there.”

“Okay, and what’s the deal with this Salom place?”

“It’s inhabited by Archmages, the forgers of all keyblades,” a voice answered from the darkness. Both Keyblade Masters summoned weapons to their hands, on guard. From the darkness emerged a man that Yuymai hadn't seen for quite some time.

"Vincent," Yuyami said, dismissing his keyblades with a sigh. "Do you always sneak up on people like that?"

Vincent's crimson eyes gave Yuyami a blank stare before shifting to Riku. "You're the boy who was captured by the Turks."

"Yeah," Riku replied uncertainly, keyblade still in hand. "But how would you know that?"

"I've been watching you since you arrived in Midgar," the ebony-haired man responded. "Ever since I saw that you were a Keyblade Master."

"And why would that interest you so much, Vincent?" Yuyami asked, curious. He knew that the man's intentions were never malicious, no matter how cold he seemed.

"Because there is a storm approaching," Vincent replied, his voice flat. "And soon, the darkness will attempt to swallow us all. I've felt it..."

They all remained silent for a while, instead opting to listen to the heavy patter of rain as it poured down upon them.

Finally, Yuyami asked a question that had been eating away at him for some time. He looked to Riku. “Why couldn’t Kairi sense your heart? As Keyblade Masters, we all have the ability to sense each other, but even Kairi, who has a link to you both, couldn’t sense you.”

Riku’s face turned downcast as he spoke, “Sora and I were together in Kingdom Hearts. He had come to get me and after a while, we found a way out. We ended up in a place called Twilight Town.”

“Go on.”

“Well…”

~~~
Riku was walking with Sora in Twilight Town, and they were trying to figure out what to do next. King Mickey had left them, only saying that he had more pressing matters to attend to.

Riku walked with his head down. He didn’t want to be in another world anymore. He just wanted to go home.

“Hey Riku, chin up! Now that we’re back together it’ll be a cinch to get back home.” Sora walked cheerfully next to Riku.

“I don’t think we’re ever going to get back home.” Riku sighed and continued looking at the ground.

Sora shook his head. “That’s not true. As long as our hearts are true and our will is strong, nothing will stop us from going back home.”

Riku chuckled darkly. “It’s ironic, isn’t it?”

“What’s ironic?” Sora looked at Riku, smiling.

“We wanted to travel to other worlds and look what it got us. Nothing but pain, sorrow…and darkness.”

Sora slapped Riku in the back of his head.

“Hey! What was that for!?” Riku rubbed his head.

“That’s completely wrong! We got new friends, new strength, new abilities, and a stronger friendship.” Sora grinned. “And we each wield a keyblade.”

Riku shook his head, summoning the keyblade and staring at it. “I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t want the keyblade, at first. I just wanted to...get away.”

“You don’t always get what you asked for, Riku," Sora replied with a shrug. "Sometimes you just gotta play the hand you're dealt."

“Aren’t you mad?” Riku looked at Sora expectantly.

“About what?” Sora asked, confused.

“About everything!” Riku exploded. “About me taking away your keyblade, your friends, and the girl you love!”

“No.”

“No?” Riku was surprised. “Why not?”

“Because it wasn’t you, at least all of you,” Sora answered. “You were being controlled by Ansem.”

Riku looked away. He didn’t like being reminded about how easily he was taken in by Ansem. It sickened him that he was so powerless.

“Look, Riku.” Sora grabbed him around the shoulders and looked him square in the eye. “You may beat yourself up about being taken control of, but it wasn’t you. It’s time to move on and realize that I forgive you for everything. You hear me? I forgive you.”

“Sora…thanks.” Riku smiled, really smiled for the first time in months.

A meaningless effort…

Both of the keyblade masters’ heads snapped to attention.

“It can’t be…” Sora looked around trying to pinpoint the voice.

I will send you back to the darkness.

“No…” Riku summoned his keyblade.

The keyblade can’t help you now…

“Show yourself, Ansem!” Sora yelled.

A black hole appeared in front of them. Out of it stepped a man dressed from head to toe in red robe. The only visible parts of his body were one of his eyes and his mouth. A belt was wrapped around his head and he had an arcane symbol on his chest.

“I assume you do not recognize me, Keyblade Master.” The figure looked at Sora.

Sora summoned his keyblade, the Oath Keeper. “I recognize your lame voice though!”

Riku smirked. “Ansem, if I didn’t know any better, I’d believe you were trying to start a new fashion.”

"I don't really think the belts work though," Sora added with a grin. "That's really more of a Leon thing."

“You fools can joke all you want, but in the end..." The figure laughed softly. "I will be the one laughing."

Riku tensed, ready to quit talking and start fighting, when he caught a scent. He stood up straight. "Wait...you're not..." He sniffed again. "Are you?"

The figure smiled. “Kingdom Hearts is pure darkness. I don’t know how you changed that, but I assure that it was a fluke.”

“Kingdom Hearts is light!" Sora yelled. "And if you don't realize that by now, you're way dumber than you look!"

“Then answer me this,” Ansem sneered. “If Kingdom Hearts is light, then why is it crawling with Heartless, the very creatures of darkness.”

“Because, I now know, that wherever there is light, there is darkness,” Riku answered. “And wherever there is darkness, there is light. Neither of the two can be destroyed.”

“Ha, ha, ha! Come, I’ll prove you wrong. Here is a world without light, without hope, without heart.” Ansem raised his hand and the portal he stepped through widened.

“Welcome, to Oblivion!!” Ansem laughed as dark thunder struck and a black wind began to suck them in.

Riku grabbed a lamppost and held Sora’s hand with his. “Sora, don’t let go!!!” he yelled as he struggled to hold on.

“I don’t know if I can!!” answered Sora feeling his hand slipping.

Ansem laughed. “Join me in everlasting darkness, you ignorant, young fools.”

“Sora…Sora I can’t hold on!!” Riku felt Sora’s hand sliding more and more.

“Riku!!” Suddenly Sora’s hand slipped out of his glove and he was sucked into the darkness.

“Sora!!” Riku screamed letting go of the post to follow his friend.

Ansem walked into the portal, laughing. “I’ll leave you to feel the pain of loneliness.”

The portal disappeared instantly and Riku, instead of plunging into the portal, smashed into the wall of a tavern.

“No, Sora!” Riku cried as he began to punch the side of the tavern. “Sora!!”

He collapsed to the ground and lost himself in the pain.

~~~
Riku shook his head. “I walked through Twilight Town, trying to find some kind of clue. When I got nowhere, I left and ended up here in Midgar. That’s when I was captured.”

“But you allowed yourself to be captured and I wondered why,” Vincent said.

“How did you know that?” asked Riku.

“I know when people are holding back and I wanted to see what your reason was.”

“Well none of that matters now,” Yuyami said. “We have to find Kairi and the last two Keyblade Masters. The other one is in Salom with Kairi, I think.”

“Then lets go,” Riku said.

“Actually, would you mind staying for the night?” Vincent looked at them both.

“Why?” Riku asked suspiciously.

“Believe me, there is no malice behind this offer. Cid Highwind will be arriving tomorrow along with a man named Cloud Strife. It will be easier to get to Salom by airship and it would seem that we are all in this together.” Vincent shouldered his rifle. “At least that’s what Cloud says.”

Yuyami looked at Riku, who shrugged. “Alright, Vincent,” Yuyami said. “We’ll stay. But don’t try anything funny or we won’t hesitate to kill you.” He looked at Riku who nodded.

Vincent smiled for the first time that night. “Don’t worry, I won’t kill you it's absolutely necessary.”

Last edited:

Golden_x_Heart

sorry for the double post but...
HOW COME YOU NEVER UPDATE shadowblade?!?!
dont let this fic die...i really like it!
so, um, once again sorry for the double post and sorry for the outburst, but i just really dont want this fic to die!
okay, im done
wait..
UPDATE!!!!!!
okay, NOW im done
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back