• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH Destined Shadows

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrancedRiku

WoRd FrOm TR:

Really, this story takes place 200 years after KH. Really. That means that this is not KH2, unless by a wierd twist of fate, the game takes place 200 years after CoM... well anyways:

Intro:

The worlds have been in perfect sync with each other, the barriers protected, and the Heartless yet to reappear... however, all is not well. This admonished time period is known ironically as The Calm before the Storm...

The setting is midday, in Twilight Town. The characters are original, besides Cameos from Sora and Riku, and Ansem. The story is kinda original... i guess. Enjoy.

Chapter1: A Twist of Fate

The setting sun painted the sky a brilliant tint of red. Bekal didn't pay attention to this though. The Clocktower was his main concern now. He wanted to see his friends.

Bekal arrived at the bottom of the Clocktower and climbed to it's lofty heights. The spiral staircase leading to the top of the Memorial, as many called it, was surrounded by stained glass windows, protraying a boy wielding a key-like weapon to fight off the forces of the dark.

This legend of the Keybarer played a major role in modern society. Many people centered their lives around the legend. Little kids were often seen fighting imaginary evil beings with sticks, with teeth carved into the end to make them look like a key.

However, not everyone believed in this legend. Bekal was one of them. He thought of it ubsurd that a person could fight off the dark just with a key. Even if it did happen, no one has ever seen these Dark beings the legend speaks of or the warrior who defeated them... so what proof was there that it even happened?

Bekal was now at the top of the tower. He looked up to see his friends, Mana, Nho, and Ydnar. Nho had blonde hair with black streaks running through it. He also wore a black t-shirt with "..." written on it, as well as a pair of worn blue jean shorts. He was a smaller boy than Ydnar and Bekal. He was swift in movement but could often just run away faster than he could fight.

Ydnar was probably the stronger of the three boys. He had blonde hair, like Bekal, and a red shirt, as well as cargo shorts on. He wasn't as fast as Nho was, but he made up for this with his stealthy-ness. As for Mana, she was the quietest of the group. She had shoulder length blonde hair and al;ways wore a black t-shirt, with a blue skirt. She didn't talk to anyone except her three friends.

Bekal had blonde hair, blue eyes, and a black t-shirt, a blue vest over it, and cargo pants with chains hanging from them. He was louder than the others, but was also the most serious.

Bekal always seemed to say the wrong thing however. That was his downfall. "Hey, you come up here to fight?" Ydnar asked, narrowing his blue eyes.

"No. I came here to avoid the Festival." Bekal said. "Huh? Why?" Nho asked, looking at Bekal, confused. "Because I don't believe in the legend. Why should I attend the 200th Annual Festival of the Closing if I don't believe in that stupid legend?" Bekal demanded.

"Because I asked you to..." Mana said with sad eyes. "..." Bekal was frozen. He didn't want to go, but he was afraid to say no... so he decided, why not?

"...alright... I'll go to this festival..." Bekal said. "Great!" Mana said with a smile, turning back toward the city, which was about to start glowing. "So, it will be happening up here at the Memorial clocktower? Okay... I'll be here..." Bekal said, walking off.

"Is everything prepared?" a white cloaked man asked. Another appeared. "Yes. Soon, this world will be in chaos, as it was two hundred years ago. Ready the Heartless. We attack tonight at the Festival..." the other cloaked man said, extending a gloved hand. "Soon..." he said, a growling and hissing issueing from the dark.

"Arrggghhh..." bekal said, sitting up. It was 7:00 PM. Almost time for the festival. He got up, grabbing his vest and charging out the door, not even saying goodbye to his parents. Unkowingly, this would be the last chance he would have to say goodbye to them.

He was now in the main street. People were headed to the Memorial, where he was sure he'd find Mana and the others. He began to walk with the crowd toward the Clocktower, not noticing the black clothed figure walking among them. "It begins." the figure said to himself, continueing to walk forward.

Just as Bekal had thought, Mana was outside of the Memorial tower, waiting for him. She had on a beutiful dress. Bekal now wished he had worn something more formal than his street clothes. He was hesitant to walk up to her at first, but worked up his courage and walked up to her. He put out his hand, and Mana grasped it, and they began to go into the tower.

The figure from before was right behind them, following their every step. Bekal and Mana didn't notice, as they were too caught up in each other at the moment to notice. They eventually made it to the top of the tower. A priest was addressing the crowd, of how a dark presence once lingered atop the roofs of Twilight Town.

"And it was on this very roof, that the Hero fought the great Dark here in Twilight Town. However, this was not the only place he fought the darkness. He flew across the cosmos to fight the dark, eventually becmoing known around all of the worlds. After the Dark Beings were gone, the barriers between worlds reappeared, and closed travel between the worlds..."

Now, Bekal was tired of the "sermon." He turned around to leave to see the man who had been following him and Mana this entire time glaring at him. Bekal turned, fearfully. He didn't know the man, but could tell there was a dark presence around him.

"...and soon after, the Hero escaped from Castle Oblivion, as the place of illusopry memories was called--" "However, you are forgetting to tell the remainder of the story." a voice said. The priest turned to see a a white cloaked figure descending on the tower from the sky. "The Hero was given back his True Memories, never to remember what conspired within the Castle, or what he lost. He lost a darker inner self. This being was the Anti-hero that followed him every where he went: his own shadow." the white cloaked man. "However, the Hero's shadow has now manifested a human form... and this shadow is completely evil." the man said, pulling back his hood. "And this shadow, is I, Vinn." the man said, throwing his cloak aside.

Vinn raised his hands to the sky. "Oh Heartless1 Once wonderful beings of the Dark! Grace us with your presence once more, with this sacrifice!!!!" Vinn yelled, drawing his sword. He lunged straight at Bekal and Mana...

...and locked blades with the enigma that had been following the two. "So... I was right!" the man said, kicking Vinn back. "Everyone! Leave!!!" the man shouted. The people were beginning to shout in hysteria, leaving the Memorial.

Vinn shook the pain from his head, looking at the man. "It does not matter. You know destiney can take hold in more than one way!!!" Bekal grabbed Mana's hand and began to run, however, they met with another cloaked figure. He extended a hand, and a beam sword shot out, peircing Man's forehead. Her lifeless body hit the ground. Bekal's eyes widened with anger and sorrow.The pain in his heart guided him... and soon, the sky turned from the gentle black texture to a dark red texture. Little black beings began to flow out of the center of the clocktower. "Dammit!!!" the man fighting Vinn yelled, leaping to the side.

The black creatures began to run at Bekal, trying to get rid of him as well. But he fended them off with his barehands. He then reached down, pulling the energy blade from Mana's head, using it. He wasn't about to die. He had to have his vengeance against these black hearted beings, if they even had hearts... his anger and hatred broke the sky color into segments of white and black, and the thunder overhead clapped, lightning reaching across the sky.

The stained glass windows began to splinter and shatter, and a white magic circle appeared before Bekal. A brown haired boy garbed in black rose up from the circel, eyes closed. He opened his eyes and drew a key0like weapon. "Go!" he shouted, attacking one of the beings. Bekal didn't pay attention, as much as he was amazed by the appearnce of this boy. The priest, who still remained even though the enigma commanded everyone to leave, exclaimed "The Hero!!!!" as the boy ripped into a black monster, sending it's black bodily fluids splashing over the clocktower's surface...

((I'll post the rest this afternoon.))

TrancedRiku

((No...it appears that way, but the people of Twilight Town like Priests conducting Festivals so it can be "clean", and os that evil beings wouldn't attack them during the festival. Alot of good that did them this time. XD))

The hero indeed. The mysterious boy then grabbed Mana's body and Bekal, running down the stairs with them, as the black clothed man continued fighting the warriors. "What is your name?" Vinn asked the man he was fighting. "It's Cydo. I'm here to put a stop to you." he said, kicking vinn in the stomach and uppercutting him. Vinn staggered, rubbing his chin.

"Not bad. Till next we meet, Cydo!" Vinn yelled, disappearing. All that remained was the dark creatures. Cydo simply avoided these vile creatures and followed the hero and Bekal down the tower.

The main street was covered with people who had escaped the tower. As Cydo and thew hero emerged, they turned, locking the doors to the tower with a large rod. The hero turned to the "dead" girl, placing his hand over her forehead. "Her heart's stopped beating. There isn't anything I can do." he said, turning around. "What?! Aren't you the famous hero?! Come on!" Bekal yelled, grabbing the hero's arm. He swung his other one, knocking Bekal to the ground. "Lay off! I'm only human, not a miracle worker!" the hero yelled, furious.

The priest approached them. "Bekal, do not address the hero with that tone." he commanded. "Shut up!!! Then you bring Mana back!" Bekal yelled, tears in his eyes. The priest looked down. "..." Cydo knelt before Mana, and placed his hand on her face, closing her frozen eyes. "There is nothing he can do. He can only restore the hearts lost to the heartless. Not ressurect the dead..." Cydo said, frowning.

Bekal looked down at the pavement. His tears were now blurring his vision. He flet a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." the hero said. This touching moment was interupted by a banging sound coming from the door. The hero and Cydo drew their weapons. "Get the townspeople as far away from here as possible!" Cydo yelled. Bekal knodded and began to herd the massive crowd out of the streets and back toward the outskirts of the town.

Cydo looked over to his ally. "Your name's Sora, right?" he asked. "Yeah." Sora said, knodding. "How does it feel? To be out of that prison after 200 years?" Cydo asked. Sora was silent. The gnarled rod keeping the beings within the tower contorted and snapped, the doors swinging open.

The two charged, weapons ready. The clouds from earlier began to rain down upon the pavement. The water washing the black fluid spilling from the beasts and Mana's blood on the sidewalk away...

Bekal still held the glowing blade from before, as he defended people from the monsters. The people were already on the outskirts of town. Bekal lept back once, as a monster lunged at him, and slashed it in half. "What the heck are these things?!" Bekal asked. "The anchient manuscripts say they are known as those without hearts, the heartless. They hunt strong hearts." the priest said. "That why they're after me?!" Bekal yelled. "The weakness of your heart became stronger when Mana died. This pulse from within your heart could have attracted the heartless to you..." the priest answered.

"So... all this is my fault." Bekal yelled. "No... I didn't say that--" "Mana died... because of me!!!" Bekal yelled angrily, slashing into a heartless. "WHY?!" Bekal yelled at the pouring rain, drenching him.

"Want to be rid of the pain you feel in your heart?" a voice asked. Bekal whirled around to see a white cloaked man standing atop the corpse of the priest, a red glowing blade in his left hand. "YOU!!!" Bekal yelled, lunging at the man, locking blades with him. The man easily sent Bekal flying back. The mate to his energy blade plunged in the ground. The man walked forward, grabbing his other blade.

"You really are hopeless. How can you save your friends if you cannot even save yourself. But don't worry... she didn't love you the way you loved her." the man said. Bekal was foaming at the mouth from anger. He lunged at the man, biting and clawing. The mans cloak flew up, encaping Bekal in a net-like weapon. Bekal struggled free from the cloak, to see the man, his black hair shining in the moon light, standing over him.

"It ends here." the man said, raring back with his weapons, about to deal the finishing blow to Bekal... but then, something happened. A small voice within Bekal told him to get up and fight. Bekal, with what strength he had left, lunged for what he was level with on the man: his legs. The man hit the ground, closelined from underneath.

Bekal stood, and the rain seemed to stop for that moment. The sorrow and hatred within his heart pulsed, taking the form of a black and white key-like weapon. "This is the keyblade. You are the Keyblade Master of Twilight Town. Wield the weapon well..." the voice within him said, and the rain beginning to pur down again...

TrancedRiku

((uhh... no. He's sort of the reincarnation of BHK. Since this is 200 years later...))

"...a keyblade?" the man said, looking at Bekal, confused. Bekal looked confidently at his new weapon. "..." the man shuddered in the drenching rain. He looked up at Bekal. "Didn't your mommy tell you? Play in the rain without a raincoat and you'll catch cold." the man said, extending his arms. "Blizzara!" he yelled, an icy wind hitting Belak. The keyblade user dropped to the ground in chills. "Pathetic, aren't you?" the man asked.

"N-n-not as path-thetic as you...." Belak said through his teeth, still shivering. "Oh? I'm not the one freezing in his own selfpity over there, now am I?" "Shut up!!!!" Blake yelled, the icy attacks seeming to melt away with those words. "Temper temper..." the man said, chuckling.

Sora and Cydo fought there way up the tower, throwing Heartless out broken windows, killing them the old fashioned way, or just avoiding them altogether. Soon, they were up at the rooftop, overlooking the city. "How do we put the Heartless back?!" Cydo asked. "...I don't know." "What?!" Cydo yelled, leaping back a bit. "You're the Keyblade Master! you should know!" Cydo said. Sora shrugged. "Not anymore." he said.

"Huh?" Cydo said, looking at Sora strangely. "That boy is the Keyblade Master now. I want you to journey with him and protect him." Sora said. "Hold on! No one orders me around." Cydo said. Suddenly, the clocktower shuddered, and a Darkside Heartless rose up from the center of the center of the roof. "Thin think of it as a favor, not an order!" Sora yelled, grabbing his Keyblade, and running at Darkside. Cydo sighed and ran in as well...

Bekal knocked the man back. "Impressive." the man said. He swiftly knocked away the Keyblade. "WHA?!" Bekal yelled, looking in dismay at the man. He lifted his blades again to strike the deathblow to Bekal...

...and met with a wing-blade sword. "Why do you people insist on interfering with our work?!" the man demanded, a new person standing in front of him. "Kid. Go find Sora and Cydo." the new warrior said, stomping the man's foot, and elbowing him. Bekal took this opportunity and retreated, grabbing his Keyblade.

"Riku, eh?" the man said. Riku smiled, his blindfold shielding his eyes. "Why are you still alive?" "I was trapped in a prison, just as Sora was, for the last 200 years. However, it looks like my fate, as well as Sora's has been passed to someone else." Riku said. "So, what will you do then?" the man asked, looking at the black cloaked Riku. "I don't know! But first thing is: kill you!" Riku shouted, knocking the man back.

Bekal could now see a large blak figure atop the clocktower, fighting against two smaller figures. Sora and Cydo, no doubt, he thought, running toward the tower. More heartless began to appear. He fought his way through, leaving black fluid on the already wet sidewalk.

TrancedRiku

Chapter 2: The Darkside of the Blade

The clocktower was in shambles. It looked as if a wind gust would knock it down. Yet a giant Heartless was atop it, fighting against Cydo and Sora.

Belak began to go up the spiraling stairs, avoiding the black fluids draining from the top. He made it to the top at last. He looked in dismay at Sora, leaning on his keyblade, exausted. The only one fighting the giant was Cydo.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Belak asked the hero, drooping down to see Sora's face. Sora coughed, covering his mouth. "I wasn't meant to live this long. It won't be that long before I'm gone..." Sora said, taking his hand away. Blood was seeping down his chin, and his hand was dripping with it. He looked at Belak. "You are the hero now. Not me." Sora said. "What?! Don't say that!" Belak said, grabbing Sora. "You're just catching cold! Yeah, that's it! We get you inside, then you won't be coughing up blood." Belak shouted. Sora chuckled. "You remind me of me when I was thirteen... take care of the darkness... and I don't mean caress it like a newborn... I mean beat it into nothing..." Sora said. He slumped, gagging, and dying.

"DAMMIT!!!!!!!" Belak cried out, the thunder overhead seeming to boom louder with his cry. He looked down, to see Sora was gone, and all that remained was the Keyblade he had. Belak lifted it, and it changed shape into a red and blue keyblade. The blade was red with streaks of blue and the guard resembled a heart. "My two new keyblades... I'll call them Tormentor and Guardian Heart!" Belak said, standing, and glaring at Darkside.

Cydo threw the beast back a bit. "That's it..." he said. He started charging a spell. "Belak! Throw one of your keyblades at him!!!!" Cydo commanded. Belak was hesitant at first, but then realized what Cydo was planning. "FIRE RAID!!!!" The two cried in unison, Belak throwing the Tormentor, which ignited into flames and struck Darkside. The Keyblade went back to normal and came back to Belak's hand like a boomarang.

Darkside roared in pain and fell backward, right off the clocktower, and into the main streets. Belak and Cydo stared over the side, to see a large splatter of black across the street. They also saw the man from before, the one who had killed Mana, walking toward the tower.

"Oh no! That guy!!!" Belak said. "Yeah. Persistant isn't he?" Cydo said, looking down at the man. "No! The guy who saved me earlier..." Belak said. "Let's go down and see what's going on." Cydo said. The two charged down the tower as quickly as they could, and were now in the main street. The rain had stopped. The sky had been re-tinted black.

"So... I take it you beat Darkside..." the man said, with a chuckle. "And looks like you got a trophy like i did..." the man added, laughing a little bit more. "Trophy?" "Yeah. That keyblade... wait. Where's the hero?" the man asked, looking around. "You're looking at him." Belak said. "Y-you! Oh my god that's funny!" the man said, laughing so hard, tears formed in his eyes. "Oh well... let me show you my trophy." the man said, holding up a bloody blindfold. "I'll give you a tip: don't pause to cough when you're fighting me."

Cydo had to restrain Belak, to keep him from killing the other man, even though he deserved it. The man twirled the twin swords around, letting them rest in his hands. "So, shall we end this?" the man asked. "You seem to know us pretty well... I think it's time we know who you are." "Why?" the man asked. "So I'll know who's gravestone I'm carving out." Cydo said, drawing his weapon. "Oh, that's rich! You think you can kill me! Well then, my name is Shoj. Pronounced 'Show'." Shoj said, laughing.

"Shoj!" a voice echoed. Shoj frowned. "Come on! I wanna kill em too!" Shoj yelled. Yet another white cloaked figure appeared. "Shoj... we have more important matters... we must retreat for now..." the cloaked enigma said. "Damn you! Every time I want to fight a big battle like this one, you call me back. I'm not some dog!" Shoj yelled. "Maybe so, but I'm pulling your leash, so that makes you my biotch. Or dog. Which do you prefer?" the enigma asked. "..." "...exactly. We fall back for now..." Shoj looked at Belak and Cydo. "See ya." he said with a frown. the two disappeared.

The city was in ruins. The clocktower in far worse shape. The old Keyblade Master dead. His rival and friend, Riku, dead as well. Shoj was gone, as well as this mysterious force he worked under. The heartless were no where to be found, and all that remained were questions. Why Twilight Town? What were the heartless? Who was the person downtalking Shoj? Why did Sora and Riku die? How was Belak chosen to be the new Keyblade master? Would Mana ever be revived? All these questions would remain unanswered for sometime...

"Hey! Belak!" a voice boomed down the hallway. "Time to get up!" Belak recognized this voice as his mother. He stood, putting on his street clothes and walking into the kitchen. "Was all that a dream?" Belak asked himself outloud, not noticing Cydo sitting at the dinner table. "I'm afraid we aren't that lucky." Cydo answered, not looking up from the paper.

"Ah man... hey... wait a minute..." Belak turned to Cydo, wide eyed. "I'm still asleep. Yeah that's it..." Belak said. An orange came whizzing through the air, hitting him in the head. "Ow!" Belak said, rubbing his head. "I guess your theory is crap." Cydo said. "All that happened yesterday was real... althought I wish it weren't." Cydo said. Now that he thought of it, there were more people in Belak's house today. "Hey mom? Who are all these people?" "Neighbors who's homes were destroyed by the Heartless last night..." his mother answered, lowering her face. "...and Mana's parents. They've come to pay respects to their lost daughter." "The wake's here?!" Belak shouted. Cydo and his mother gave him a stern look, saying "Shut up!!!" with their glares.

"Yes... her parents wanted to have the wake here... because you lived here." "Huh?" "Maybe there would be some blessing by holding the wake at the Keyblade Master's house." Cydo answered. "Huh? Keyblade Master?" "Yeah. Before Sora died, he told me that he wasn't the Keyblade Master anymore. You were. He had lost his powers after seeing if he could restore Mana's heart..." Cydo explained, making various hand gestures during the telling.

"...so... who was the other guy?" Cydo asked Belak, remembering the bloody blindfold that Shoj had showed off before being called back by his Superior. "...I don't know..." Belak said. "Sora had many friends. Two were his guardians, Donald and Goofy. But they died two hundred years ago. The other in question was King Mickey, one of the other Keybarers. He died as well two hundred years ago... and one of them's name's was lost in the passing down of the legend. He died as well... the only one left is Riku, whom was a close friend of Sora's, but he turned against his friend, in favor of the dark over light, and fought Sora on many occasions. Eventually, he drifted back to the light, and, as the legend says, he was blinded by it's bright glimmer." Belak's mother recited.

TrancedRiku

"Riku...? It fits. He had a blindfold, and helped me against Shoj..." Belak said, putting his hands behind his head. He then noticed a familliar face standing near the door.

"Ydnar!" Belak said, running over to his friend. As soon as his mother knew he was out of ear-shot, she turned to Cydo. "Will my son die?" she asked. "It's... hard to tell at this point... but I do know he is to experience pain beyond what he can think of..." Cydo said with a frown. "I wish such a cruel destiny weren't on his shoulders, but he must bare it, as Sora and his friends did so long ago..." Cydo added. "I believ your son is the final key to sealing the heartless away for good..."

"Ydnar! How's it going?" Ydnar ignored this. "What's the matter?" "..." Ydnar shot a glance at Belak. "...get away from me." he said. "Huh?" Belak looked in disbelief at Ydnar. "I said get back!" Ydnar pushed Belak backward. "These fools do not see you how you truly are! A monster! Because of you... Mana's dead..." Ydnar yelled. Cydo began to get up, grabbing his sword. "Get out." Belak said. "What? Why? Because you don't want someone in your house that speaks the truth? That sees you in your true form?" Ydnar asked, smirking cruely. "GET OUT!!!" Belak shouted, shoving his "friend" out the doorway, onto the street.

Ydnar stood, dusting off his clothes, and walked off. He turned the corner into an alley. The dank setting was damp and dark, making it easy to see that this was not the place for a boy his age to be. "So?" a voice asked from the shadows. A brown cloaked man appeared before Ydnar. "It's just as you said..." "You accused him of being the reason for Mana's death and he shunned you." the man said, smiling under his hood. "You know what this means?" "Yes..." Ydnar said. "I want to get back at him... for what he did to Mana..." Ydnar said, turning away. "And the catch?" Ydnar asked. "No catch. Use the strength I have given you. That will be payment enough..." the man said, chuckling.

Noj sat in front of Belak's house. Belak walked out, a frown on his face. "I heard about what happened." Noj said. "Which time?" Belak asked. "The thing with Ydnar this morning. He jumped on you and you bit back." Noj said, standing. "It's a safe bet that he won't be joining us for our activities today..." Noj said with a smile. "What kind of activities?" Cydo asked, surprising Noj. "Who's this?!" he demanded, scared by the appearance of the 17 year old. "This is Cydo. He's been following me since yesterday. That reminds me. Why are you following me?" Belak asked, looking over at Cydo. Cydo smiled. "A favor. I owe Sora a favor..." "Huh?" "He saved all of us by giving you his power..." Cydo said. "Everyone in this city is paying their debt in their own way. This is my way of paying up..." Cydo said.

"Like, this finely crafted Katana. This is a family heirloom of your mother's and yet she insisted I have it to defend you from the 'boogeymen' out there..." Cydo said with a chuckle. "Hey! That's Grandpa's! Put that back you thief!!!" "Heh heh. Your mom GAVE it to me. I didn't steal it." Cydo said, dodging from Belak's feeble attempts to grab the weapon from Cydo. "How do I know that?! I don't know anything about you? You could be a thief or worse!!!" Belak said, desperately grasping for the weapon.

"Just like newly found friends. It seems he has replaced you..." the man said, giving Ydnar a shove. "Shut up you floating potatoe sack." "Hey! That' not cool!" the man said. "Since I don't know your name, from now on, I'm calling you Mr. Potatoe head." Ydnar said. "You cold hearted fiend!!!!" Mr. Potatoe head yelled, catching the attention of the three up ahead. "What was that?!" Cydo demanded, looking around. "Oh F$&^! They've found us! Fend for yourself kid!!!" Mr. Potatoe head said, disappearing.

"..." Ydnar walked away, almost knowing where his old friends would be going. "So? The usual place?" Noj asked. "Of course..." Belak said with a smile. Cydo looked confuzed at the two. "What the hell are you talking about?" he asked. Noj looked at the new guy, smiling. "The old warehouse! It's where we always used to hang out, before the clocktower was built..." "And since it's closed to the public now, we can only go there!" Belak said. "Come on!" The two friends yelled, running off, while Cydo cooly followed, hands in pockets, walking a steady pace.

"Slow poke!" Noj shouted. "Oh well. You guys are going to be burnt out when you get up there. I'm going to feel energetic." Cydo said. "You sound like that old proverb..." "Don't even think about it Belak. I may not know you that well, but you compare me to an Aesop fable, I'll slap the keyblades out of ya." Cydo said, with a smirk.

"You call him a slowpoke?" a voice said, catching Noj and Belak's attention. "I've been waiting here since you guys left Belak's house. You guys really are slow." Ydnar said, walking out from behind a column. "Ydnar! I was hoping to see you! I want it now!" "Huh?!" all three of Belak's friends said at once. "An apology you @$$!!! Let me hear it!" "An apology for what? Telling the truth? If so, then you won't be hearing an apology from me..." Ydnar said.

"You keep saying I'm the reason Mana's dead. What do you mean?" Belak demanded, in a stern voice. "What I mean is, the Heartless seek strong hearts. The strongest of hearts can wield a Keyblade. You can wield two at the same time, so your heart must be immensely strong. The reason that Sora died is also related to his heart's strength." Ydnar said,m waving his hand. "When he passed the power to you, his heart became dramatically weak... so weak that his respiratory system began to shut down, and soon, he was coughing up blood... and he died of a weak heart." Ydnar said.

TrancedRiku

"Huh?" "A weak heart that wields a keyblade shall be crushed by the immense power of the weapon." Ydnar said. "If you payed attention to the legends you'd know this." he added. "However, it's too late now. So many are dead, and many more will die with you here... but I will take that pain and turn it against you, you monster." Ydnar said, smiling. "Huh?" "I've recently gained an ability. An ability like no other. I can wield this." Ydnar said, drawing a sword with chains wrapping it, up to the tip. "It is called the HeartCrusher." he said.

"HeartCrusher... a weapon of immense darkness." Ydnar said, preparing to strike. "Ydnar... you are a fool." "What?! Speak up so I can hear you wretch!!!" Ydnar said, with a cruel smile. "You are a fool! You are wielding the very thing that killed Mana to have vengeance for her death!!!!" Belak said. "Heh heh. I will have my vengeance... for not only Mana's broken heart, but mine as well... and I will become Darkness itself to attain this vengeance!!!! Come Heartless!!!! Feast on the New Keybarer's heart!!!!" Ydnar yelled, heartless Shadows beginning to rise out of the ground.

"Belak! Draw the Keyblades!!!!" Cydo yelled. "Too late!!!" Ydnar yelled, lunging at Belak, sword ready, and aimed at the Keyblade Master's chest. The peirced through...

...a boy's chest, who jumped in the way, last minute. Ydnar jumped back in terror, seeing Noj drop to the ground. "You say Belak is a monster? You're the monster Ydnar..." Noj said, collapsing on the ground, and breathing his last.

Once again, the hatred and sorrow began to pulse deep in Belak's heart. The Tormentor appeared in his right hand, the Guardian Heart in his left. He spun them around, preparing for the Heartless attack.

They lunged at Belak, who spun his Keyblades in every direction, shredding into them like tissue paper. The black fluids hit the walls, ceiling, and floor in thick, dark streaks. The heartless Ydnar had summoned were all dead. "It's over!!!" Belak shouted, a voice speaking with his own.

"Huh?" Cydo looked at Belak standing there, and could see Sora's heart shining through him, holding both Keyblades ready. "He is the Keyblade Master..." Cydo said. He picked up his "New" katana and ran behind Belak, to back him up. "Really, why do you say that?" Ydnar asked, still in shock. "Look around you. All that you have brought on by diving into the dark is more death to those we care for... Open your eyes!!!" Belak shouted. "NO!!! I WON'T!!!" Ydnar said. "Even if I must stay in this room, with my eyes closed, I will not move or open my eyes!!!" he added.

"It's too late to feel sorry for your actions boy." a voice said. The hooded man, whom had been dubbed "Mr. Potatoe Head" by Ydnar, appeared beside the bewildered boy. "How dare you attack my pupil's emotions. Do you know who you are dealing with?" "Some other lunatic in with the White Coats?" Cydo said, looking at the brown cloak the man wore. "...no. You will find out my identity with time. For now, I've come to leave you with a lovely parting gift for defeating my pupil: the destruction of your world. You see, just as your pupil is the key to sealing away the dark, mine is the key to opening the way to the dark, as well as the Door to the Light..." the man said. Cydo grunted, running at the man, sword drawn. "HE'S NOT MY PUPIL! I AM JUST HIS FRIEND!!!!" Cydo shouted, slashing at the man, but to no avail.

With a great pulse of energy, Cydo went flying back to where he was standing earlier. "If fate allows, we will meet again. Until then, die well!" the man said, disappearing with Ydnar. Suddeny, the ground began to shake violently. "What the hell?!"

Belak and Cydo ran outside, to see what chaos truly looked like. The noon sky was tinted black, the surroundings corroding away, and people's corpses lying everywhere in the streets. It really was the end of Twilight Town, as the man had said. Belak closed his eyes, and the light blinded him. He found himself falling in a sea of black. He didn't know who or where he was, all he wanted to do was go home...

K

king_sky

NOT RIKU!!!.....,My sentiments aside,good job on the story. Its FLIPPIN AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back