• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwise

Re: Axel--Seven Days Game Novel translation

Hahaha maybe they read the same lie I did! Or maybe it's true. Can't wait for Days to come out~ *__* omg omg it's this month!! Even if I won't actually be able to get my hands on it for a while...

Good luck with Days! <3 I guess I'm going to try and wait, myself.

Really? That'd make sense... but it also makes you wonder. Why did Roxas imagine the same beach that Sora and Riku actually end up on? Hm...

Mysteries. =0 I wonder if there's a scene in the novels/short stories/whatever that happens on the beach? Maybe that'd explain a little about what it is?

Your translation of Somewhere in Time is amazing! <3 It's all so cute. The other translation is so different.
So, after Xigbar confused the hell out of Roxas, Xemnas tried to lighten the mood?
Also, Saïx "exhaled"? I'd interpreted it originally as meaning he laughed-sort of, but I'm not sure now.

The translation notes were funny. ^^ I liked 'em, that was cool. The narration is different for each of them? That's pretty awesome.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I loved the Somewhere In Time translation. Done better. The back-to-back pose of Roxas and Axel there about to fight the Heartless right away made me think of the recent and new Nintendo Dream cover. And Axel's lines of "we might not always be able to be together", reminds me of the ones Hayner said in the game, which was the same thing. To make memories, because we might not always be together.

And:

Chapter 5: Last Minutes to Castle Oblivion said:
Axel looked at Larxene in amazement. But, Larxene didn’t seem to care one bit.

---

Axel stared after Larxene’s back in amazement, then shrugged.

The ones bolded -- are the correct terms, right? From the other translation, which I'm sure you read, Axel expressed some form of "sick or something look", and I was wondering how's it work. Other than the fact that it sounded off when reading it >.>. It made me think that Axel didn't seem to taker her right off. Did you change it to fit the English flow better, or is that what it literally means? Making sure. I'm trying to keep my RP skills to be in-character of the characters :p.

I love seeing different relationships between characters, and that this one would have to be so different than the others we've seen is just awesome. I agree, it'd have to be slightly darker, more adult than the others we've seen. And it would be funny, too, they have these complimentary senses of humor, I'd love to see what kind of things they talk about. It would be a lot of fun, everything about it. =3 Axel didn't seem to take to her right away, but they seemed to be close in CoM. It'd be interesting to see not just how deep their relationship is, but also how it came into being.

It's a given that it has to be darker. You look at Axel. Then you look Larxene. Take a look at their problems, attitudes, and personalities, and it won't be as sweet and innocent as the pairings we've witnessed. If anything, they'll tackle many issues. If she had survived, that is. And I agree as well with the complementary sense of humor. They did team up at Vexen and taunted him, after all. They are two people that know how to irritate others if they feel like it, so it fits. And of course, the commentary against each other will be awesome as well. Bickering, bantering, witty smart ass comments. It's why I like the pairing to such a extent, and the missed potential it had. It's more of a "what if" and "could've been", if you get my drift. They will definitely be more interesting in terms of interaction.

I'd like to know how they grew as well. We saw when they first met. But did they talk afterwards from there, or was it when they were in CO that they spoke?

I'd also like to know how did her partnership with Marluxia progressed. It seemed he took to her well the first time, to the point where it made me feel they were friends [not just, "Hey you. Want to take over the Organization with me since you have the same goal, lol? 8D"], but he seemed unaffected by her death.

Unless he brooded privately xD.

Same. XD D'ya know of any Japanese KH fansites like this one? Or how to go about looking for one? Seems like the best place to start if we're serious, and Google translator might do something.

Goldpanner said she would figure it out, since I have NO idea what Japanese sites I can go to for KH. Or forums. She said it will take time, but hell, I'll wait any day to see what the Japanese people think. As long as it comes :p.

That would be the awesomest feature ever. =0 "Mary-Sue Away! Erase the bad characters from the screen with the touch of a button!" D'ya think the DSi will have that option?

Fun. Roxas 2.0, now with 20% more emo! I've been wondering lately about her relationships with the other characters. I think they've only shown her with Roxas and Axel, and we pretty much know how that will go. But, what about her relationship with Xemnas, or Saïx, or Xigbar? They can't exactly ignore that, since some of them talk about her. You'd think they'd meet with her on screen at some point, or she'd mention them, or something. Of course, they won't give us very much since that would mean focusing on someone who isn't Xion/Roxas/Axel, but there has to be something. I'd rather know what they think of her than what she thinks of them, though.

It would be an awesome feature. I wouldn't call her a bad character. Just misplaced and complete bull. But, it's expected from KH by this point. It isn't the first time. Along with character whoring.

About her relationship with other characters, don't think they will have any. And supposedly, from what I read, scenes that talked about her were replaced with scenes that reflect her character. We just know she's there with Roxas with Saïx at some point. She hadn't been seen with any other except the obvious two. I don't really care much either. I'm not invested in her story. It's just a shame that this has to be the main plot, so the focus will be around it and its mystery. I suppose this being the "Organization's game" is out of the question since all the relation Xion has with it is being a member that never existed before and no one cares about.

I think it would be, too. It's one of the things I'm really curious about, among others.

Mmm, but it seems too blatant for Roxas/Naminé/Axel to show up outside of Sora/Kairi/whoever, but Xemnas won't. People might notice.
That's part of why I think Xemnas might not be as bad as most of the fandom makes him out be, since Xehanort might be a former good guy.

I do wish that for them. Axel and Xemnas will reappear as their former selves when they show up [I don't doubt it. They whore Axel out until he goes dry]. And seeing as Axel and Naminé bonded in the Novels, more than I've seen with Xion in any case, and much more sweeter and "aww" worthy x3, I consider Roxas/Axel/Naminé the real trio. And they are. Roxas moved on. And none of them mention Xion anyway. If they remember her, and it's not the predictable memory loss to fix the mess they know they made, then she wasn't important. Which works for me. It's bad writing either way.

I don't think Xehanort is a bad guy either. Just lost his way and got obsessed with research, in which the Darkness took control of, and completely ensnared him. The same way Riku did. The only difference between them is that Riku fought back, and wasn't afraid to rule over it, while Xehanort remained encased in it.

We got the novels (sort of), now they need to animate them. Then we got both. I like both. =3 Sounds like a good plan. I really, really love knowing what they're thinking. That's one thing I personally love seeing in stories, and the main reason why I like the novels/short stories/stuff. It gives us this whole other point of view to personally find out their motivation, rather than having to guess ourselves or one of them having to tell us.

I do agree with both. I mean, they have some scenes in the Novels that were in the game, and we get to know what they think at those precise moments. Hell, they did Roxas's whole Seven Days. I do enjoy reading their thoughts, gets us into the characters with many things that we might have never seen just watching them talk and move. Sometimes, what comes out of a person's mouth, can mean another. Unless they properly express it.

Mmm. Fictional characters are allowed to get away with a lot of messed up stuff. With Reno, though, it might be a little more understandable. He's "doing his job," like he's said before. Axel probably doesn't have that excuse (I'm not ruling it out immediately, though).

Yeah, but what Reno did wasn't just any ol' "shoot a guy". He killed millions of innocent people with that action. And orphaned Denzel in the process with his parents being some of the victims. Even if it's just a job, I keep wondering if he was affected at all by that tragedy. Or if he was trained to be emotionless when the time called for it. Because, for him to be the character we know now, it doesn't make sense. And he has a Heart. Axel at least can be given that excuse. It's just the complete character reversal of said Axel, and the hypocrisy, that sets me off as if he has moral values when he literally toyed with Vexen and Zexion in their deaths, and smiled. I would get it if it was to help Riku or Naminé. But the expression when doing so makes me think he enjoyed it too much...

Right, I agree. But it's hard for me, with the shiny pretty graphics an' all, not to think that maybe they won't screw it up. DX And then I know I'll be disappointed when they do. Updates are great, though. Seems like we can expect a bunch of updates soon, since they have a bunch of videos left to open on the site.

The updates are looking good. Now more than ever. Even if it's just missions with Roxas, it's at least something that I can say I'll take. What I can get. And Larxene is shown, so...^^. I'm still irritated that they have only certain three as the characters in the site, and that the only FMV sequences are on the same people. Seriously. The members will appear in text bubbles for the remainder of the game. Sucks ass.

-_-

Yeah. I thought so, too, but I guess it's deeper than that. Now that we know Larxene will show up at least a little, I'm happier.

I love that idea, too. The scars are interesting, also, but not as much. Easy enough to guess the story.

I'm a bit happier as well.

And, you mean by scars, veteran that had many attacks done to his face? xD

I loved the lounge. That made me laugh, it seemed so random. It looked pretty cool, too. (And I saw Saïx in the background. <3) Yeah, that gave me some hope; maybe the CoM members will get a little attention after all, if at least one of them will go on a mission with Roxas. I figured since Roxas is a friend of Axel's, she wouldn't be too rough with the poor kid. I've sort of wondered how she'll get along with Demyx, too. Lightning vs. water an' all.

It's the lobby now. It's where the members prepare to take off on missions. From the scan translations. But if they ask me, it's a lounge where they just wait, sit back, and relax xD. Chiiiilll. Half of them have shown to be doing so. The CoM members are confirmed to have missions with Roxas now with the new trailer. It's just a shame they are all in twilight Town, and not a world. That would have been fun. What I'd like to see is the interaction between members, as I said before. Not just Roxas. Variety.

It won't happen, but it would have served wonders on what they all think about each other. I at least know Vexen isn't well liked by many, especially Larxene, Marluxia, as if those two weren't obvious, and with the Novels translations, Zexion.

^^ AMVs are fun like that. I like to try and collect all the songs I can think of that might fit a certain character. Just collecting the songs, not necessarily doing anything with them right away.

Me too. SO many songs remind me of Larxene. And then I know that I will never be able to make a proper video with them because they are so limited D:.

XD That's alright. I'm not really worried about it. Got about two months until anyone puts up a translation, anyway.

^o^

Mmm, it's just why I don't like game reviews much, personally. I'd rather get it firsthand.

I suppose.

I just want to know I'm wasting my money properly, at least.

While thinking of general, reusable backstories for the Organization, my friend and I decided that out of everyone, the one most likely to be either royalty or an army general is Marluxia. Because we're lame like that. XP

Actually...

I completely agree.

Marluxia is too proud, and has the presence of someone who was once royalty, or from a respectable wealthy family with the grace and aura he portrays constantly. He's soft spoken, and keeps his cool to some extent. For army general, I would think Saïx. Will explain him being stoic.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

kiwise said:
Your translation of Somewhere in Time is amazing! <3 It's all so cute. The other translation is so different.
So, after Xigbar confused the hell out of Roxas, Xemnas tried to lighten the mood?
Also, Saïx "exhaled"? I'd interpreted it originally as meaning he laughed-sort of, but I'm not sure now.
The translation notes were funny. ^^ I liked 'em, that was cool. The narration is different for each of them? That's pretty awesome.
Thank you! ^___^ Every translator does things their own way, because everyone brings their own experiences and opinions into it. And English has such a huge range of synonyms, unlike Japanese, which makes choosing words really hard sometimes. I was impressed by how natural that other translator made the dialog sound, but I like to give more literal translations so people can decide for themselves.
Literally, Saix 'vomited a breath out'. >__> ....my dictionary told me that, 'vomiting a breath' means the same as 'exhale', but there was this extra 'out' tagged on the end... so I don't know. 'Snort' is something else, though, so I didn't think I should translate it as that, though the other translatior did.
The narration is like... when it's Roxas, they use really cute ways of talking, like saying 'a teensy bit' instead of 'slightly', and having these other little things added in that makes it sound more chatty. But they don't do that when the perspective switches to Axel, or Zexion, or even Marluxia. I find it too hard to keep it up in English though, it's too subtle...
*TwilightNight* said:
I loved the Somewhere In Time translation. Done better. The back-to-back pose of Roxas and Axel there about to fight the Heartless right away made me think of the recent and new Nintendo Dream cover. And Axel's lines of "we might not always be able to be together", reminds me of the ones Hayner said in the game, which was the same thing. To make memories, because we might not always be together.
I'm glad you liked it! And really glad you thought it was better ;D I just thought that awesome story deserved a little better than what I saw. Even if it is only me. Some JLPT Level 1 pro would pwn my ass. I wish an official English version would be released.
I kind of have this theory that Namine couldn't completely erase Axel out of Roxas' memories (Saix said something like, 'Axel is the biggest thing remaining in Roxas' memories' in Seven Days, even though Roxas didn't remember Axel at all), so instead of erasing the deeply impressioned things, she incorporated them into the fake world. Like how the best lies have a bit of truth in them. So the eating of ice cream on the clock tower, and that line data!Hayner said were just rehashed from Roxas' real memory. Maybe.
The ones bolded -- are the correct terms, right? From the other translation, which I'm sure you read, Axel expressed some form of "sick or something look", and I was wondering how's it work. Other than the fact that it sounded off when reading it >.>. It made me think that Axel didn't seem to taker her right off. Did you change it to fit the English flow better, or is that what it literally means? Making sure. I'm trying to keep my RP skills to be in-character of the characters :p.
If you read my translation notes, it's the same word as the 'Roxas sighed wearily' problem I had. The two words are homophones AND homonymns, and without a kanji to tell me which word it is, it could mean either 'weary/sick of/tired/giving up', or 'amazement' etc. I just looked at the context and then chose the one I though fitted best. So, someone could argue either way, but I thought Axel was more amazed than sick of her. Although he was trying to get rid of her, to me, his next line seemed kind of flustered, like he had been thrown off. Axel plays the game so carefully, hiding what he thinks, and she just totally exposes herself and doesn't care at all. So yeah, my own opinions do end up flavouring the translations, but I promise that I try my hardest not to let that happen. I am an akuroku fangirl, and it makes me ten times more paranoid about letting slashy interpretations influence my word choice. That's why it takes me so long! Somewhere in Time is only eight pages long. It took me almost a week to do it, I was dancing around the wording so much. Stupid, stupid Axel, filling my head with innuendos D:
That other translator did some weird things with Minutes. They made Zexion out to be so obviously nasty, and even translated him to be 'raving' at Vexen. I was shocked. There was so many weird things, it kind of felt like it had been edited by someone why hadn't seen the original Japanese, and that person had meant to just fix weird grammar but changed it too much.
Goldpanner said she would figure it out, since I have NO idea what Japanese sites I can go to for KH. Or forums. She said it will take time, but hell, I'll wait any day to see what the Japanese people think. As long as it comes :p.
I will do it, just got a lot of other stuff on at the moment :p
Yeah, but what Reno did wasn't just any ol' "shoot a guy". He killed millions of innocent people with that action. And orphaned Denzel in the process with his parents being some of the victims. Even if it's just a job, I keep wondering if he was affected at all by that tragedy. Or if he was trained to be emotionless when the time called for it.
Have you seen 'Advent Children: Complete'? It has extra scenes and stuff. And it's even in English! Theres one where Reno mentions it and he says something like 'is there really any way to atone for something like that?' and he looks kind of sad and guilty. Of course, not full blown sad. That'd be OOC, though.
I love that movie, there's this extra scene where those silver haired guys are chasing Cloud on their bikes, and then Rude and Reno chase them in their helicopter and the guy goes up a ramp and flies through their helicopter, taking out Rude and shooting the helicopter steering stick off in Reno's hand, and then lands the bike and chases Cloud again. I was like *_____* Maybe this movie is old news... I have no idea. I have a bootleg copy from a Chinese friend who downloaded it from Chinese sites, where anything in the world is downloadable.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm glad you liked it! And really glad you thought it was better ;D I just thought that awesome story deserved a little better than what I saw. Even if it is only me. Some JLPT Level 1 pro would pwn my ass. I wish an official English version would be released.
I kind of have this theory that Namine couldn't completely erase Axel out of Roxas' memories (Saix said something like, 'Axel is the biggest thing remaining in Roxas' memories' in Seven Days, even though Roxas didn't remember Axel at all), so instead of erasing the deeply impressioned things, she incorporated them into the fake world. Like how the best lies have a bit of truth in them. So the eating of ice cream on the clock tower, and that line data!Hayner said were just rehashed from Roxas' real memory. Maybe.

Well, the other translation I felt was kind of lazy. Again, it didn't sound so right. I wish a official English version would be released as well. I'm hoping it does come out soon. I'm collecting them :p. And I love that theory. Again, Xion is such a...unimportance. The real meaningful friendship is between Axel and Roxas, it seems. Xion is like a bump that can be thrown away. I could see it working too. That Axel is too much of a impression to just erase him completely from Roxas. It makes sense. But, I think the Data Twilight Town was controlled by Diz, so I doubt Naminé had anything to do with that except having Roxas think he's been there all his life, and these are his friends, etc. She wasn't even suppose to step into the data world from her actions in KH2, and Hayner, Pence, and Olette are just data.

So I think it's just more of the motif that goes on with the memory symbolism that surrounds Roxas every time. And of course, friendship.

If you read my translation notes, it's the same word as the 'Roxas sighed wearily' problem I had. The two words are homophones AND homonymns, and without a kanji to tell me which word it is, it could mean either 'weary/sick of/tired/giving up', or 'amazement' etc. I just looked at the context and then chose the one I though fitted best. So, someone could argue either way, but I thought Axel was more amazed than sick of her. Although he was trying to get rid of her, to me, his next line seemed kind of flustered, like he had been thrown off. Axel plays the game so carefully, hiding what he thinks, and she just totally exposes herself and doesn't care at all. So yeah, my own opinions do end up flavouring the translations, but I promise that I try my hardest not to let that happen. I am an akuroku fangirl, and it makes me ten times more paranoid about letting slashy interpretations influence my word choice. That's why it takes me so long! Somewhere in Time is only eight pages long. It took me almost a week to do it, I was dancing around the wording so much. Stupid, stupid Axel, filling my head with innuendos D:
That other translator did some weird things with Minutes. They made Zexion out to be so obviously nasty, and even translated him to be 'raving' at Vexen. I was shocked. There was so many weird things, it kind of felt like it had been edited by someone why hadn't seen the original Japanese, and that person had meant to just fix weird grammar but changed it too much.

Oh, okay. Because I didn't understand the sudden switch from it, to this, since it REALLY makes a difference. And I didn't like the way the other translation did it either. Not the word, because I'm okay with the sick of her thing [surprisingly. It's not like Larxel is canon, and if it is, it's one-sided for the most part. Take your guess as to who that is. So, I'm not that blind to facts or invest myself so much on a pairing that's vague], it just...felt misplaced. It was like, does he really feel sick of her, or does the look resemble that he's sick of her? Or the fact that it was in quotation marks, or broken up that way, means that he can't really feel such a thing because he's a Nobody, but that's what he's trying to get through? Confusing. So I was tossing up back and forth on that. It's understandable why the word tired would be used. I love Larxene, but she was just, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", cutting him off, and Axel was like, "you said this, but then you said something else", asking him how she looked, and he was all like...>.>, "uh...". Then again...when you think about it, I agree with you. Even now, it seems more of "amazement" that she goes on like a Duracell battery, lol, than actual weariness. And I'm fond of the difference between Axel and Marluxia in this when talking to the same female. Axel agreed with her when she said the place was boring in thought, but held himself back from telling her such. Like you said. He keeps to himself. Marluxia, on the other hand, expressed that agreement when the exact topic came up. And it led to a conversation that had Larxene say that a Heart is painful. So, it makes you wonder, if Axel DID strike it up, what would have happened? And it makes it more awesome since they are the to-be-trio of the top floors in CO. I would have loved to see how Marluxia and Axel met. I'm surprised they even showed Larxene to that level.

Sorry ^^. I just love this type of stuff. It shows just how one simple word or action can make a huge difference in how relationships develop.

This makes it so much harder for character interaction though. It just HAD to be that type of word, didn't it?

I will do it, just got a lot of other stuff on at the moment :p

Take your time. I will wait ^^.

Have you seen 'Advent Children: Complete'? It has extra scenes and stuff. And it's even in English! Theres one where Reno mentions it and he says something like 'is there really any way to atone for something like that?' and he looks kind of sad and guilty. Of course, not full blown sad. That'd be OOC, though.
I love that movie, there's this extra scene where those silver haired guys are chasing Cloud on their bikes, and then Rude and Reno chase them in their helicopter and the guy goes up a ramp and flies through their helicopter, taking out Rude and shooting the helicopter steering stick off in Reno's hand, and then lands the bike and chases Cloud again. I was like *_____* Maybe this movie is old news... I have no idea. I have a bootleg copy from a Chinese friend who downloaded it from Chinese sites, where anything in the world is downloadable.

I've seen some scenes, but not the whole movie. It's not so much out on YouTube yet or anywhere else. But I suspected when he was laying on the couch if the convo was about what he did. The conclusion came from the fact that they are focusing on Denzel more, and that Reno looks sadder than usual [very guilty/regreftul face there, and I couldn't think of anything else that will get him that way], and Rude is incredibly serious and kind of distant from him. As if, "what you did was some tough crap, man" way. So I just connected, and pondered if he was thinking of Sector 7 there. And it was! YAY! I only saw screens [had to. Reno is mothereffing' hot in ACC], but the fact that they gave a story without words, and I figured it out by myself just by looking at it...I have to say, that's a huge leap. Amazing job on the movie. I wish I could see it.

And now I like Denzel, and I forgot the Moogle girl's name as a pair.

And I loved the helicopter chase. Rude with a bazooka = WIN. And then of course, we get Reno blowing with the wind, giving us some skin [thank goodness he unbuttons a bit on the top :p], and him looking all sexy inside the helicopter. There's many things I like about that scene, including his worry and panic about thinking Rude was hurt, and was like, "No, no! Don't do this to me!" It was like...aww. We know they're partners, since first day, many years, but we never got to see them in such a bond before. Their friendship.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

*TwilightNight* said:
Well, the other translation I felt was kind of lazy. Again, it didn't sound so right. I wish a official English version would be released as well. I'm hoping it does come out soon. I'm collecting them :p.

Not so much a lazy translation, as someone with limited skills trying to make sense of complicated things, I think. I like reading other translations to get all the different perspectives, but canon ones are just so much better. You’re collecting them? How?

And I love that theory. Again, Xion is such a...unimportance. The real meaningful friendship is between Axel and Roxas, it seems. Xion is like a bump that can be thrown away.

Totally agree. >:D I think she just has too much inherent fail to ever make me like her.

I could see it working too. That Axel is too much of a impression to just erase him completely from Roxas. It makes sense. But, I think the Data Twilight Town was controlled by Diz, so I doubt Naminé had anything to do with that except having Roxas think he's been there all his life, and these are his friends, etc. She wasn't even suppose to step into the data world from her actions in *KH2*, and Hayner, Pence, and Olette are just data.

Yeah, you’re right, DiZ was the one controlling the whole show. So therefore yeah, he was controlling the data clones words and actions. I just thought the whole ‘erase memories and re-direct existing feelings to a substitute’ approach sounded a lot like what Naminé did in CoM. Though she was being controlled by Marluxia then, too… it’s still kinda freaky how similar it is.

Oh, okay. Because I didn't understand the sudden switch from it, to this, since it REALLY makes a difference. And I didn't like the way the other translation did it either. Not the word, because I'm okay with the sick of her thing [surprisingly. It's not like Larxel is canon, and if it is, it's one-sided for the most part. Take your guess as to who that is. So, I'm not that blind to facts or invest myself so much on a pairing that's vague], it just...felt misplaced. It was like, does he really feel sick of her, or does the look resemble that he's sick of her? Or the fact that it was in quotation marks, or broken up that way, means that he can't really feel such a thing because he's a Nobody, but that's what he's trying to get through?

The whole use of quotation marks around the broken up phrase is something the translator added in, perhaps because they didn’t know how to work the word into the context. >_<
It says, in both cases in that part, あきれたように. The ように part means in this context ‘as if (verb)/like he was (verbed)/in a (verbily) way… Japanese language is careful about describing people other than yourself. Whereas in English we can just say, ‘he was happy’, they usually have to express something more like ‘he seemed happy’ or ‘he was doing it happily’. It’s a subtle part of that whole inherent politeness thing. Pain in the butt to translate into English. We’re so crude in some way…
For some reason, the other translator translated ように as meaning ‘he tried to show her’… I kind of get why they made that mistake, because you can use ように in a different kind of sentence to mean ‘in order to’, but not in this case. It’s like they translated all the words in the sentence, and then made some kind of sense out of it, heavily influenced by their own opinions of the characters and their dynamics, without looking at the grammar. But hey, everyone’s gotta start somewhere. I’d translated it myself ages and ages ago into a notebook, and I was going through that there were heaps of parts where I’d guessed because I didn’t know what it meant, and looking back on it now I was like wtf what was I smoking?? XD

It's understandable why the word tired would be used. I love Larxene, but she was just, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", cutting him off, and Axel was like, "you said this, but then you said something else", asking him how she looked, and he was all like...>.>, "uh...". Then again...when you think about it, I agree with you. Even now, it seems more of "amazement" that she goes on like a Duracell battery, lol, than actual weariness.

Yeah! That’s why it was so hard to translate. The difference in the word changed everything, but both senses fit the context… I think one of the biggest reasons I picked ‘amazement’ was because Axel’s internal monologue line seemed like he was reacting pretty strongly. Axel’s first few words have an extra letter in them that makes them more punchy, (say ‘sa-ki’, then say ‘sak-ki’ and… feel the punchy… is it just me? ^^;), and then his own thought kind of cuts out, like he can’t express it. The word doesn’t mean he is ‘sick of her’ in an angry kind of way, it means more like ‘tired of/lost interest in/fed up/weary’, which is far too apathetic to fit the tone of his preceding thought. But I could be reading the tone wrong anyway. I need to hear it read out loud with expression and stuff ;__; And other than that one thought line, he keeps blowing her off as if he is sick of her anyway…

And I'm fond of the difference between Axel and Marluxia in this when talking to the same female. Axel agreed with her when she said the place was boring in thought, but held himself back from telling her such. Like you said. He keeps to himself. Marluxia, on the other hand, expressed that agreement when the exact topic came up. And it led to a conversation that had Larxene say that a Heart is painful. So, it makes you wonder, if Axel DID strike it up, what would have happened? And it makes it more awesome since they are the to-be-trio of the top floors in CO. I would have loved to see how Marluxia and Axel met. I'm surprised they even showed Larxene to that level. This makes it so much harder for character interaction though. It just HAD to be that type of word, didn't it?

When Larxene said that having a heart is painful, it’s another one of those hard-to-make-into-English words. She means like a heavy crushing sort of tightness. Just wanted to throw that in there ^^; I personally think Axel was too paranoid, trying to analyse her hidden agendas, when she probably had none. Or Axel saw her being so open and careless about expressing discontent and decided he didn’t want in on that train wreck when it happened. But did anyway XD Like, Marluxia saw what he could gain from an alliance with her, whereas Axel probably saw what he could lose, like… his life! (Or… his balls. They said at least twice how ‘domineering’ she was!) I want to see how Marluxia and Axel met, too o_O that would have been awesome.

But I suspected when he was laying on the couch if the convo was about what he did. The conclusion came from the fact that they are focusing on Denzel more, and that Reno looks sadder than usual [very guilty/regreftul face there, and I couldn't think of anything else that will get him that way], and Rude is incredibly serious and kind of distant from him. As if, "what you did was some tough crap, man" way. So I just connected, and pondered if he was thinking of Sector 7 there. And it was! YAY! I only saw screens [had to. Reno is mothereffing' hot in *ACC*], but the fact that they gave a story without words, and I figured it out by myself just by looking at it...I have to say, that's a huge leap. Amazing job on the movie. I wish I could see it.

The great thing is, it’s all dubbed with the real voice actors and everything so I don’t have to sweat over translating it! :D

Reno: 'Who'd a thunk. A lot of Shinra's people actually returned to work. Now that's dedication! I'm telling ya, this could be a fresh start!'
Rude: 'Well, those left alive have a lot to atone for.'
Reno: 'Two years already...huh. Seems a lot longer than that. What a nightmare… the world was nearly obliterated. And we were the obliterators. Seriously though. How are we ever supposed to atone for that?’

Then they talk about Tseng and Elena. Good job on figuring out the story!! That’s pretty amazing. XD

And I loved the helicopter chase. Rude with a bazooka = WIN. And then of course, we get Reno blowing with the wind, giving us some skin [thank goodness he unbuttons a bit on the top :p], and him looking all sexy inside the helicopter. There's many things I like about that scene, including his worry and panic about thinking Rude was hurt, and was like, "No, no! Don't do this to me!" It was like...aww. We know they're partners, since first day, many years, but we never got to see them in such a bond before. Their friendship.

I loved how Reno finds Rude hanging on the door and he goes in this real casual voice, ‘heeeey Rude, you’re all right!’ and Rude goes, ‘yeah. Just peachy.’ And they’re hanging on a helicopter with no steering and it’s spiralling round and round about to crash. XD He actually did say, ‘no, don’t do this to me’ as well >____> but I think he was talking about the steering stick being shot off…
Still… I am freaked out that you got the line word for word. >______________>
And yes, he is so freaking sexy in AC.

whatsleftofme

!!!! You are one awesome, awesome, AWESOME person. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. I've read parts of Roxas - Somewhere in time - but I didn't even know there was something about Axel too and I love him and THANK YOU ♥♥

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thank you for taking the time to read them, and for taking the time to comment on it ^____^ it makes me feel really happy and motivated to hear you enjoyed it so much!

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Ok so I've finally read some of this (it's the same thing posted on Heartstation, right?), and while I realize I'm probably excruciatingly late jumping the bandwagon...

Vexen was working on creating a "puppet out of Memories". Screams were heard during his work on that experiment, leading me to believe a "base" was used.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Xion's birth just might have been described in the novels. Hoozah.

What doesn't add up to me in the least is how they never met up with Hayner, Pence, and Olette in the novels.
Nice going there, Days

whatyoudid.png

Random note, TN - it never said Namine herself thought Axel had died. Axel himself assumed that's what she thought. So that tidbit's not really that problematic.

Hum. Roxas was recalling promising to go to the beach with several people. That promise was turned into one he made for HPO. Now, I thought at first he was recalling something of Sora's, but then Axel slightly referenced that promise when he thought about a "holiday" and how he "didn't get to go".
O:
Now who could've been the people Roxas promised to go to the beach with, hm? O: :O O: :O ^______________________^

It was just like Roxas’ boyish presence.

...liek, they didn't make him pedo enough already? @w@;;;

I think I’ve seen one of those keyblades somewhere before. But, I can’t remember.
He seemed to be remembering something–but, as if shaking that off, Axel flashed a grin.

Lol more possible Xion references. I'm please.
If this really relates to her, it sucks because it means everyone really forgot, but it doesn't suck since it had some sort of basis from before XD

Roxas fell against Axel, and Axel caught him in his arms instinctively. Shaking himself free from Axel’s hands, Roxas glared at Axel again.

Now it just feels like an AkuRoku fanfic.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Re: KH2 Novel Translations - Official Thread

I think you're on to something Rain. It makes more sense for Xion to be some sort of puppet-type existence containing various memories rather than memories gaining a physical form.

Also, thank you goldpanner for the translations! <3
I'll read them now :D

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ok so I've finally read some of this (it's the same thing posted on Heartstation, right?)

Yay, you read it! <3 Yeah, it's the stuff on heartstation. I help out on there now ^__^

Vexen was working on creating a "puppet out of Memories". Screams were heard during his work on that experiment, leading me to believe a "base" was used.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Xion's birth just might have been described in the novels. Hoozah.

Hm... I thought it was talking about whatever research leading up to what ended with the Riku Replica... I mean, he didn't just pull one out of his ass when Riku came along. He must have been working on making dolls etc.

What doesn't add up to me in the least is how they never met up with Hayner, Pence, and Olette in the novels.

Yeah... I thought it was weird too. Because in the magazine scans I was doing recently, there's screencaps that prove there was interaction (trying not to be spolierific). If you read, 'Somewhere in Time' they sort of meet then...
Gargh. Just re-checked the novel and I haven't done it very well. This is what I wrote:

The children were familiar; Axel had been to Twilight Town with Roxas many times, and remembered coming across them. But he hadn’t seen Roxas ever make contact with them.

This is a more literal and better translation:

The children were familiar; he remembered coming across them in Twilight Town with Roxas many times. But--as for Roxas being in contact with them, he hadn't ever seen it.

Now I'm cranky. How could I do that? Naagh. I am so sorry.

...liek, they didn't make him pedo enough already? @w@;;;

It was a tricky line. The 'presence' they were talking about was referring to Roxas' 'smell'... I had to go ask some people whether the word 'smell' can be used to mean 'aura' etc, but they said it didn't, so... yeah.

Lol more possible Xion references. I'm please.

Why is that a Xion reference? Does she wield Oathkeeper or Oblivion?

Now it just feels like an AkuRoku fanfic.

Just don't blame me, okay; it took me two whole days of agonising to decide on the best, least suggestive way to word that particular sentence!! (ask fenix_tamer, she had to listen to me DX) I always try my hardest not to let biases influence my translations. Though... an evil part of me is happy whenever a line is particularly difficult XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Hm... I thought it was talking about whatever research leading up to what ended with the Riku Replica... I mean, he didn't just pull one out of his ass when Riku came along. He must have been working on making dolls etc.

I've no doubt of that, Vexen's not one to pull something out of his waist. But Riku's Replica wasn't made up of Memories as far as we were told. He was made of data based on Vexen's impression of Riku from their fight, and at the end of the day, they weren't identical. Arguably, they weren't even that similar. And the novels show wonderfully that "data" is kind of a form of existence in and of itself. Worlds are made of it; people are transformed into it. In order to create Riku's Replica, Vexen wouldn't have needed Memories, so much as a "replacement" for them - namely, truly - Riku's Data.

Also, Riku's Replica seemed to have a made-up composition. The type of existence Xion seems to have thus far, being completely at the mercy of Memories to the point she's changed by them, somehow seems to tie in more to this scene.
While they probably didn't really think about Xion at the time they wrote the novels, it's the perfect place to tie her to, and makes perfect sense all around, since they never really said who they were referring to. Especially if she's a "base" that was experimented on, like I like to believe she is, again, it also ties in with the screamings Zexion heard coming from Vexen's laboratory. Whoever or whatever was used didn't like being used in that manner.
Xion just might've been the prototype to later on let Vexen create Riku's Replica, albeit with some modifications made to the basic design (i.e. Replica based on Data instead of just something that's affected by Memories).

Yeah... I thought it was weird too. Because in the magazine scans I was doing recently, there's screencaps that prove there was interaction (trying not to be spolierific). If you read, 'Somewhere in Time' they sort of meet then...
Gargh. Just re-checked the novel and I haven't done it very well. This is what I wrote:

The children were familiar; Axel had been to Twilight Town with Roxas many times, and remembered coming across them. But he hadn’t seen Roxas ever make contact with them.

This is a more literal and better translation:

The children were familiar; he remembered coming across them in Twilight Town with Roxas many times. But--as for Roxas being in contact with them, he hadn't ever seen it.

That makes a bit more sense now XD; though still feeling a bit wish-washy as far as dodging plot holes goes.

Now I'm cranky. How could I do that? Naagh. I am so sorry.

It's ok. That's why you have people read them, right? :D To get better, too.

Why is that a Xion reference? Does she wield Oathkeeper or Oblivion?

She might end up doing so if she gets more Memories of Sora's. That's probably how she got the KK. If she ends up getting either the Oathkeeper (because she's so much like Kairi so the Memories that shaped the Oathkeeper tagged along) or the Oblivion (because her own interaction with Riku would trigger it), it makes perfect sense. Also, why wouldn't Axel remember if had it been wielded by either Roxas or Sora? That doesn't seem to add up too much.

Just don't blame me, okay; it took me two whole days of agonising to decide on the best, least suggestive way to word that particular sentence!! (ask fenix_tamer, she had to listen to me DX) I always try my hardest not to let biases influence my translations. Though... an evil part of me is happy whenever a line is particularly difficult XD

I don't blame you. I blame Nojima and Nomura XD;

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Xion just might've been the prototype to later on let Vexen create Riku's Replica, albeit with some modifications made to the basic design (i.e. Replica based on Data instead of just something that's affected by Memories).

Hm, that does make sense. I remember in a trailer Namine said something about bits of Sora's memory that escaped off and connected with other things, that she couldn't get back. What if Vexen got a hold on those bits of memory and experimented on them... made a doll? If they were memories of Kairi (the most mutilated ones), then the doll could have ended up looking like Kairi...?

It's ok. That's why you have people read them, right? :D To get better, too.

Yeah, it's usually when other people start discussing a line that I go 'wait a sec, that's not the feeling I got from it...' then I go read it and realise I worded the English weird or wrong etc DX
One of these days, I'm going to put up some translation notes to make these sorts of things easier for people.

She might end up doing so if she gets more Memories of Sora's. That's probably how she got the KK. If she ends up getting either the Oathkeeper (because she's so much like Kairi so the Memories that shaped the Oathkeeper tagged along) or the Oblivion (because her own interaction with Riku would trigger it), it makes perfect sense. Also, why wouldn't Axel remember if had it been wielded by either Roxas or Sora? That doesn't seem to add up too much.

Hm... that could make sense. Axel doesn't seem to remember Xion at all, so it would make sense that, if that happened, he could only vaguely remember those keyblades. I guess we'll find out soon enough, the game comes out soon~
I think Roxas used those keyblades for the first time when he fought Riku, and Axel never saw them until that last battle, but I'm probably wrong.

I don't blame you. I blame Nojima and Nomura XD;

Yay XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Hm, that does make sense. I remember in a trailer Namine said something about bits of Sora's memory that escaped off and connected with other things, that she couldn't get back. What if Vexen got a hold on those bits of memory and experimented on them... made a doll? If they were memories of Kairi (the most mutilated ones), then the doll could have ended up looking like Kairi...?

If he did tie those Memories to Xion, it had to have happened at a later date, or he created another "doll". That scene took place before Roxas joined, let alone their move into Castle Oblivion.

One of these days, I'm going to put up some translation notes to make these sorts of things easier for people.

Not necesarilly. They'd have to look at the notes, something you can't be sure they'll do.

Hm... that could make sense. Axel doesn't seem to remember Xion at all, so it would make sense that, if that happened, he could only vaguely remember those keyblades. I guess we'll find out soon enough, the game comes out soon~
I think Roxas used those keyblades for the first time when he fought Riku, and Axel never saw them until that last battle, but I'm probably wrong.

If he only then used it, Axel'd have had to see the battle, in which case why didn't he help Roxas? If that was the first time Roxas had used those Keyblades, why would Axel have remembered them? He never would've seen them.
Also, the translation you put up said that he's seen one of those Keyblades before, not both of them. Unless they wanna tell us Roxas Duel Wielded with the KK and only one of the O&O, then we're talking single wielding, with a different Keychain here.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Random note, TN - it never said Namine herself thought Axel had died. Axel himself assumed that's what she thought. So that tidbit's not really that problematic.

It wasn't in that one, actually. Or these translations. This novel is from Axel's POV. So, of course, it will be in his view. But he wasn't wrong. The scene is seen again in the other novel [Roxas's?], this time with Naminé's thoughts, I remember. I just have to find it.

Hum. Roxas was recalling promising to go to the beach with several people. That promise was turned into one he made for HPO. Now, I thought at first he was recalling something of Sora's, but then Axel slightly referenced that promise when he thought about a "holiday" and how he "didn't get to go".
O:
Now who could've been the people Roxas promised to go to the beach with, hm? O: :O O: :O ^______________________^

You're really looking into this, are you? o.o I disagree. He was definitely speaking about Hayner, Pence, and Olette. I don't see him recalling anything, whether it was Sora or not. Just that he was disappointed that they couldn't go to the beach, and was unsure [hence, the "with who?", and then commenting that was already decided, of course, why in the world would he think otherwise?], and he's telling himself that they will, because they promised. Basically, I saw it as him questioning himself, some type of foreshadowing. On top of the fact that Axel was said to be the only remaining thing in Roxas's memory, it's really faulty.

As for Axel's fragments, I don't see it having anything to do with it. Nor did I spot them.

So no, it's nothing pertaining to Xion, in my opinion.

Adding in, if they didn't use her in Somewhere In Time which was after CO, and she supposedly has to be there, I don't see the need to add her in there as well.

Not so much a lazy translation, as someone with limited skills trying to make sense of complicated things, I think. I like reading other translations to get all the different perspectives, but canon ones are just so much better. You’re collecting them? How?

Well, not collecting them. I'm hoping to collect them all soon is what I meant. In English. Whenever they will come. Then, they could add it in the character's official list of traits, and I can have my Larxene fix.

Totally agree. >:D I think she just has too much inherent fail to ever make me like her.

I just hate her insertion to the storyline. It was careless. I've given Nomura the benefit of the doubt, but now I think he's mediocre by this point.

Yeah, you’re right, DiZ was the one controlling the whole show. So therefore yeah, he was controlling the data clones words and actions. I just thought the whole ‘erase memories and re-direct existing feelings to a substitute’ approach sounded a lot like what Naminé did in CoM. Though she was being controlled by Marluxia then, too… it’s still kinda freaky how similar it is.

Yeah, it is. Though, I do get that she would be responsible for the erasing memories, redirecting them. Diz was the most in control, though, and Naminé sometimes just kind of snuck in because she wanted to help Roxas, and calm the kid down.

The whole use of quotation marks around the broken up phrase is something the translator added in, perhaps because they didn’t know how to work the word into the context. >_<
It says, in both cases in that part,
あきれたように. The ように part means in this context ‘as if (verb)/like he was (verbed)/in a (verbily) way… Japanese language is careful about describing people other than yourself. Whereas in English we can just say, ‘he was happy’, they usually have to express something more like ‘he seemed happy’ or ‘he was doing it happily’. It’s a subtle part of that whole inherent politeness thing. Pain in the butt to translate into English. We’re so crude in some way…
For some reason, the other translator translated
ように as meaning ‘he tried to show her’… I kind of get why they made that mistake, because you can use ように in a different kind of sentence to mean ‘in order to’, but not in this case. It’s like they translated all the words in the sentence, and then made some kind of sense out of it, heavily influenced by their own opinions of the characters and their dynamics, without looking at the grammar. But hey, everyone’s gotta start somewhere. I’d translated it myself ages and ages ago into a notebook, and I was going through that there were heaps of parts where I’d guessed because I didn’t know what it meant, and looking back on it now I was like wtf what was I smoking?? XD

Well, the quotation marks made me confused. I wasn't sure what it was exactly trying to say. And so I found that odd. And I'm starting to hate those kind of words >.<. They keep from me pinpointing the character better. Do you think a professional can reach an evaluation? Or would they follow the tone the same way, and just come to their conclusion? I guess, what I'm asking, is it....readable? I'm really curious. Japanese is very difficult xD. I'm going to have my hands full if I ever go through with it. But this is really cool to know. And I figured there was some sort of influence there in the sentences from them. It's not hard to tell, lol. I don't really blame them though. They tried their best. I don't think it's still even sure, right? xD

Yeah! That’s why it was so hard to translate. The difference in the word changed everything, but both senses fit the context… I think one of the biggest reasons I picked ‘amazement’ was because Axel’s internal monologue line seemed like he was reacting pretty strongly. Axel’s first few words have an extra letter in them that makes them more punchy, (say ‘sa-ki’, then say ‘sak-ki’ and… feel the punchy… is it just me? ^^;), and then his own thought kind of cuts out, like he can’t express it. The word doesn’t mean he is ‘sick of her’ in an angry kind of way, it means more like ‘tired of/lost interest in/fed up/weary’, which is far too apathetic to fit the tone of his preceding thought. But I could be reading the tone wrong anyway. I need to hear it read out loud with expression and stuff ;__; And other than that one thought line, he keeps blowing her off as if he is sick of her anyway…

Wow. Yeah, I'm definitely going to have a run for my money o.o. But it makes it worthwhile in the end. Lol. I don't know if it's just you, but I do kind of see what you mean. I can understand the word tired/lost/interest/weary/fed up better than sick, it describes exactly like one will feel talking to such a strong personality. One who confused them as well, on top of that. But one thing I liked about Larxene it's that she didn't sugarcoat anything. She just went straight, "do you like talking to me?". Point blank, period. Ah. Awesome girl x3. I don't know how to take Axel's response to that. Maybe he didn't know himself xD. I just wish there was a clear word to really place it into prospective, you know? Makes it hard to read the characters. Maybe in the CoM novels there's more of his sentiments. And more Larxene. I need to seriously know who she is.

When Larxene said that having a heart is painful, it’s another one of those hard-to-make-into-English words. She means like a heavy crushing sort of tightness. Just wanted to throw that in there ^^; I personally think Axel was too paranoid, trying to analyse her hidden agendas, when she probably had none. Or Axel saw her being so open and careless about expressing discontent and decided he didn’t want in on that train wreck when it happened. But did anyway XD Like, Marluxia saw what he could gain from an alliance with her, whereas Axel probably saw what he could lose, like… his life! (Or… his balls. They said at least twice how ‘domineering’ she was!) I want to see how Marluxia and Axel met, too o_O that would have been awesome.

It seems to me like it still means the same thing: "having a Heart is a bitch. Do. Not.Want." xD So it wouldn't be too hard, I suppose, to get the feel of what she's trying to say. The thing that interests me is WHY she said it. Sigh. I'm still all up for Larxene having a softer side somewhere, and life made her to be domineering or something. Which I love. It's what makes her...Rakushinu :p. The rest are just sissies who can't handle it. And I like that interpretation of Axel being paranoid xD. It's actually funny. And that he was afraid she would cut his jewels. Sorry. I just like that. Not too many men will, I think, though. Now, the thing with Marluxia, is that he wasn't planning mutiny at that point. And seemed to be fond of her just the same. I know it's weird to say, but him and Larxene remind of the gay and girl friend dynamic. There. I said it xD. I had to. But we saw how Larxene met both the guys she would soon correlate with, so I don't see why they couldn't show Marluxia's meeting Axel.

I didn't really get a feel of how the two boys were except that they tolerated each other, I guess. And that maybe is even wrong.

The great thing is, it’s all dubbed with the real voice actors and everything so I don’t have to sweat over translating it! :D

Reno: 'Who'd a thunk. A lot of Shinra's people actually returned to work. Now that's dedication! I'm telling ya, this could be a fresh start!'
Rude: 'Well, those left alive have a lot to atone for.'
Reno: 'Two years already...huh. Seems a lot longer than that. What a nightmare… the world was nearly obliterated. And we were the obliterators. Seriously though. How are we ever supposed to atone for that?’

Then they talk about Tseng and Elena. Good job on figuring out the story!! That’s pretty amazing. XD

Yeah, I noticed it got the English voices! It was cool. So you could import and everything. And aw, Reno. That's a good thing they added right there. I've always wondered, and now we got a clue as to why they think we'll suddenly forget he destroyed Sector Seven. To atone for that, he can save Denzel's life at some point. That'll be cool. Or dedicate to good. Or something. But even then, I feel he wouldn't think he atoned. Because there isn't such a thing for something that big. He doesn't look that guilty though.

Makes me think how he was two years ago when the realization set in to what he did. Maybe he really wasn't injured at all, and just needed to clear his head. Now THAT will be some character development.

I loved how Reno finds Rude hanging on the door and he goes in this real casual voice, ‘heeeey Rude, you’re all right!’ and Rude goes, ‘yeah. Just peachy.’ And they’re hanging on a helicopter with no steering and it’s spiralling round and round about to crash. XD He actually did say, ‘no, don’t do this to me’ as well >____> but I think he was talking about the steering stick being shot off…
Still… I am freaked out that you got the line word for word. >______________>
And yes, he is so freaking sexy in AC.

I LOVE that part. It was hilarious. I swear, they are the best duo I've ever seen. And even when they crash in the floor so hard, they were...okay o.o. And they smirked. Then again, if I didn't see Roxas crack his head on the tainted glass when fighting Twilight Thorn, and got up as if it was nothing, I would've been *raises eyebrow*.

I thought it was the steering stick as well, but then he was searching for something right away. And him calling "Rude!" when he heard it through the earphones, kind of added that he was worried from there on. I think the "No, no, don't do this to me!" was a bit of both. The helicopter about to crash, and his best bud who knows where. LOL. I got the line word for word because it was memorable =3. I loved it. I wanted to hug him T-T. We never see how close Reno and Rude really are, and I'm glad they expanded on that.

Sexy Reno is sexy.

Bad_Medicine_part_2_by_VashsOneAndO.jpg

Uh-hum-. A bit of that, please ^o^.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

You're really looking into this, are you? o.o I disagree. He was definitely speaking about Hayner, Pence, and Olette. I don't see him recalling anything, whether it was Sora or not. Just that he was disappointed that they couldn't go to the beach, and was unsure [hence, the "with who?", and then commenting that was already decided, of course, why in the world would he think otherwise?], and he's telling himself that they will, because they promised. Basically, I saw it as him questioning himself, some type of foreshadowing. On top of the fact that Axel was said to be the only remaining thing in Roxas's memory, it's really faulty.

Like I said numerous times before, because they couldn't outright come and say he also possibly remembered Xion, even if Memories of her still remained. The relation to HPO only came up after the initial thought, making it seem like it wasn't "that Roxas's" Memory.
I'm really looking into it, yes, but I think you're shrugging such little instances far too quickly and easily. You have to admit that even via retconning (which we don't know to have really happened) it's possible this isn't just about HPO.

As for Axel's fragments, I don't see it having anything to do with it. Nor did I spot them.

Axel suddenly thinking about a Holiday and how he "didn't get to go"? Iono, relates pretty bluntly to what Roxas thought of at the start, imo :I

Adding in, if they didn't use her in Somewhere In Time which was after CO, and she supposedly has to be there, I don't see the need to add her in there as well.

Would've been hell to explain her then. I seriously think a lot more people would've gone a lot more enraged over there suddenly being a whole new character introduced in the novels.
I'll forever more refuse to hold it against them that they didn't show her in those parts. By principel. When I actually read translations that show true blunt contradiction, and no, not things that could've either had them forget about Xion, or Axel being fag for Roxas, I won't be mad at them for it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Like I said numerous times before, because they couldn't outright come and say he also possibly remembered Xion, even if Memories of her still remained. The relation to HPO only came up after the initial thought, making it seem like it wasn't "that Roxas's" Memory.
I'm really looking into it, yes, but I think you're shrugging such little instances far too quickly and easily. You have to admit that even via retconning (which we don't know to have really happened) it's possible this isn't just about HPO.

No memories of her remained. And if they did, no one gives a damn in the game later on. Sorry, but it's that blunt. Not the Organization. Not Riku. Not Naminé [which, no doubt, has something behind it]. Not Axel. The fact that Roxas, around KH2, was having memory visions, and only Axel popped out as his best friend says enough that this was never planned. Among actually looking back on the day he met Riku, where "supposedly" Xion was, now, a cause of. And considering the instance when Axel talked to Roxas's conscious...and not even a glimpse into this good friend that hung out with them.

If it is a small thing that isn't just about HPO, I doubt it's about Xion in any way. And it doesn't have to be. I don't think the "we", especially as it crosses over to HPO, is really that much of a given reference or proof when I think that's what he was indicating after the initial thought: HPO. That's where his thought process was at mainly. If it wasn't just about HPO, let's say, it could be anything since it never really made clear what "that Roxas's" memory was. It could be Axel. "We" can even refer to two. It could be Sora, though I don't know about that. It could have been anything if he was recalling something.

Axel suddenly thinking about a Holiday and how he "didn't get to go"? Iono, relates pretty bluntly to what Roxas thought of at the start, imo :I

I meant that I didn't find where that was exactly. I probably flutter pass too quickly, but if anything, once I read it, I will know. You can never even be sure if Axel was actually talking about a day where he was free, which explains his own complaints about never getting a break, but it didn't turn out that way because of either *insert mission/problems*. It could have even been a plan set with Roxas. Again. Anything.

Would've been hell to explain her then. I seriously think a lot more people would've gone a lot more enraged over there suddenly being a whole new character introduced in the novels.
I'll forever more refuse to hold it against them that they didn't show her in those parts. By principel. When I actually read translations that show true blunt contradiction, and no, not things that could've either had them forget about Xion, or Axel being fag for Roxas, I won't be mad at them for it.

They already got A LOT to explain already. With many plot holes right now [not that it's anything new]. More enraged than they are now? Doubtful. Completely doubtful. They didn't need to say out right that this girl was Xion. Or introduce her. A mention about a Organization member that existed, or a girl, a friend, or something, would've sufficed. When people look at the novels, and see things they didn't expect, like what Zexion and Lexeaus talked about CO, and the three members on top there, and what Xemnas was doing...it makes them think. Mentioning it there, or anywhere really, will make them think. And speculate. There's no point in being mad when they are actually referring to such a important plot point that got dismissed until, lo and behold, Days has a new 14th member in the 13th.

That other move would have fared better, if you ask me. It would just confirm to the people theorizing that this is the "girl" or "member" mentioned in the Novel, and now we're getting the full story. I bet you anything it wouldn't have been a big deal at all, and there would only be a few threads before the actual side game announced it that sent people wild with past references.

It's not that they didn't showed her in those parts. They didn't show her in anything.

And that's the current problem now. But I like the fact that people aren't actually buying into this so easily, and eat whatever they feed blindly.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

There's not buying into it so easily, and then there's ruling it out before we got to see what was actually going on there. I'll be miffed if it's not properly explained in the long term. They hardly have to explain it now.
And I love how people take Namine as an example. Never occured to people she might've forgotten about Xion as well, huh :D

But this is straying painfully off topic now.
;w; meh. Want more translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back