• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus9000

Okay, I haven't been on in a reeaally long time, kinda missed bein on here with a lot of other kh fans... Anywho, I got a new ps3 that can play ps2 games. and, as awesome as the ps3 is, I was wondering... can the ps3 play kingdom hearts final mix games? or do I have to buy a Japanese ps2 to play? I really wanna play them and experience the full potential that kingdom hearts has to offer.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't think so unfortunately. PS2 games are Region Locked so you have to buy a Japanese PS2 but I think they sell chips so allow you to play international games on the regular PS2 (and 3?) but I'm not savy enough on that.

arceus9000

neither am I... thats the problem, the only final mix game I can fully play w/o problem is bbs final mix because psp isnt region locked... I tried to emulate final mix and final mix 2 but it looked and sounded like total crap, and my computer is top-grade, too... some guy played a burned copy on his ps3, but he modded it somehow and requiring taking it apart. something I'll never do to a ps3. I've taken apart countless ps2s to mod them or paint the shell or whatever... but I will not take apart a ps3, after shelling out $440.00 for two of them

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
That's understandable. Well I guess the best thing to do is find a Japanese PS2 or mod one.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Short answer: No.

Long answer: No it can't. a) Region locking on PS2 games. b) your system and TV would have to be compatible with the NTSC-J format, which assumedly they aren't. So unfortunately unless you buy a Japanese PS2, then there's no luck there.

Hense90

Don't you have a ps2 from your own region? If you have then just use swap magic, and if your TV is black and white when you play NTSC games you can use a cable to get a colour picture...

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, I haven't been on in a reeaally long time, kinda missed bein on here with a lot of other kh fans... Anywho, I got a new ps3 that can play ps2 games. and, as awesome as the ps3 is, I was wondering... can the ps3 play kingdom hearts final mix games? or do I have to buy a Japanese ps2 to play? I really wanna play them and experience the full potential that kingdom hearts has to offer.

People here are giving some misinformation. A PS3 cannot play the Final Mixes, so they are correct there. However, they are wrong when they say that you have to have a Japanese PS2 to play them. I play them just perfectly on my NA PS2 using a tool called Swap Magic which you can get for a pretty cheap price with the appropriate tool here:

For Phat: Buy PS2 Swap Magic Import Game Enabler v 3.8: 2 Disc Set with Slide Tool - 26.85

For Slim: Buy PS2 Slim Swap Magic Import Game Enabler v3.8: 2 Disc Set with Flip-Top Cover - 33.85

It's easy to do as well. I highly recommend buying the Swap Magic, and both KH Final Mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back