• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Release probably isn’t going to be until the fall now. If they aren’t starting pre-registration now, they’re likely going to wait until SGF for that. Then maybe do a global beta in July with a full release in September.

Seems pointless to do another iOS beta for the same regions and same number of people. Especially when it didn’t seem like the first one had that many issues. They could have at least added a larger player base to further stress test the servers. I guess they really just decided last minute that they needed to test iOS again due to whatever changes they’ve made to accommodate Android.

Not to mention, they could have just posted this info on Friday with everything else. What was the point in making us wait?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Not to mention, they could have just posted this info on Friday with everything else. What was the point in making us wait?
I guess since adding iOS was a late decision, they needed a bit of time to update the copy and make sure the legalities were all above board before publishing the terms and conditions.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess since adding iOS was a late decision, they needed a bit of time to update the copy and make sure the legalities were all above board before publishing the terms and conditions.

Sorry, I’m speaking more about saying it is only for Australia and UK. That could have easily been mentioned Friday.

Also, looks like for Japan, Android users will be notified on Friday but iOS users will be notified on 5/1. So that’s where the confusion with the notification date stems from.

I’ve done my best to stay positive, but I can’t deny the signs that everything with this game just seems sloppy and mishandled. If they’re having this many delays and issues getting a beta test running, the full release could be a nightmare.

The fact that we haven’t seen any footage outside of what was in the last beta test also exacerbates the feeling this game’s development is treading water. If they would show us more of the game, then we might be able to have a bit more faith that it is coming along and have something to be excited for.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
see you guys at the post-post-pre-registration alphabeta network test v.7 in 2026. don't worry, though, all this hard work they're doing will be worth it when a CEO gets 1000 dollars from one player in the six months the game is running!

flash back to "noooo kingdom hearts is unfollowable because they require you to own a DS!!!!!"

Liodin

Awards
I’ve done my best to stay positive, but I can’t deny the signs that everything with this game just seems sloppy and mishandled. If they’re having this many delays and issues getting a beta test running, the full release could be a nightmare.
Two delays, and this one is just one week. And the reason is to do the iOS one at the same time.

The fact that we haven’t seen any footage outside of what was in the last beta test also exacerbates the feeling this game’s development is treading water.
And I don't understand how the marketing indicates anything about the development, when the previous beta is a much better indicator of the current state, and I could only read positive things from those who could play.

If they would show us more of the game, then we might be able to have a bit more faith that it is coming along and have something to be excited for.
Well, that's exactly what this beta is for. We'll see in a week!

Although the beta will not show us the real state of the development, next week we will see all the improvements and additions compared to the last beta, and we'll be able to get an idea of whether we can expect any announcements in June or not.

Don't let the fact that it hasn't been a global beta bring you down! 💪

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
2+ year wait from announcement on a phone game is still so crazy to me. It's funny to imagine that Nomura may be adamant that no KH4 info can be revealed before the release of this mobile game (for story reasons), and that this game was probably meant to have been completed months ago.

It's even got lots of finished music, which seems to be something that only happens late in development with KH. Wonder if we'll ever know what went wrong. In any case, I'm sticking with V-Cast!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I could only read positive things from those who could play.
I was curious and scroooooooooollleeed way back to December last year on Twitter to see what the impressions were and it was nice to see that they were positive. If the game can reverse the reception it has gotten in a lot of English-speaking parts of the web, then hallelujah.

Edit: I also wanted to add my two cents that the twitter account calling itself the account for North America was a mistake. It really should have been established that it was an account for all English speaking countries, but I have to say that it's disheartening seeing a lot of responses to the tweet have such a "we should come first" mentality.

Last edited:
Awards
Luminary's theory was that another reason for the delay was because it was going to be global, so to promote that and have more people join, they were going to release a trailer.

I have been fooled 🤡
Lum better stop bettin' on their predictions otherwise they gonna lose the Krusty Krab

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know, a trailer would have been nice. It's a shame one didn't manifest this time.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
And I don't understand how the marketing indicates anything about the development, when the previous beta is a much better indicator of the current state, and I could only read positive things from those who could play.

The issue is we haven’t seen anything outside of what the beta contained. No Disney worlds. No other cutscenes aside from maybe one or two brief shots. I’m not saying it actually isn’t getting anywhere, only that it appears that way from an outside perspective. If they would show us something new, it would feel like we’re seeing progress from our end if that makes sense,

I thought the results of the last beta were positive too. Which is why you’d think they would either not need to do another test, add significant additional content from the full game to test something different, or at least test with more players. But everything is pointing to this just being the exact same content with whatever technical adjustments they made.

To try to stay a little positive, maybe they just want to test how it works with both platforms up and running considering the multiplayer elements. That’s really the only major benefit I can see with how they are doing this one.

You know, a trailer would have been nice. It's a shame one didn't manifest this time.

I know I’m being bitter because my prediction didn’t pan out, but I really hoped it was time for a little teaser again. Ever Crisis had several trailers prior to release, while this game has only had two. I’m worried they either don’t feel confident enough in the quality to market it at the same level or it’s still a ways off from release. Hoping my worries are unfounded.

I do really hope you get in it! It would be great to have someone in this space to share impressions.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, tryin' to predict what a company does isn't always gonna pan out.

I’m just venting. Y’all complain and criticize all the time and I try to be respectful of it. You can let me voice my frustrations for a change. The ignore button is there if you need it.

I swear maybe if I start hating KH, y’all will actually start liking it again.

Back