• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Laptop suggestions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Incorrect:

17nov09compach0qw83.jpg

And this is why I went with Toshiba :) (Cheaper than Asus with comparable reliability rates, + I like asian companies). (Sony's are comparable too but overpriced).

My family has been through 3 HP laptops. None of them had good batteries (had to buy a new charger for one...), one had borked screen, and one overheated and the motherboard went bad.
My friend has had his Acer for 4 years now and hasn't had a single problem. Of course the data says otherwise.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ya uhh, anecdotal evidence doesn't necessarily match up with manufacturer statistics. I always thought HPs were great until my three broke, but even that didn't confirm anything until someone linked me to those stats.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Honestly looking at that graph I guess it depends me and my sister have Compaq laptops both work fine, but unlike my sister I take care of my laptop such as not actually putting it on a carpet floor and such.

As for the HP my sisters is acting up, but this seems more like something she did as the buttons are messed up/came off, and some other things like a bad battery I think that also has to do with her always leaving it charging which is a big mistake I've come to find out.

Still we got an HP desktop thing runs like a beauty.

D

Deleted member 36435

Ya uhh, anecdotal evidence doesn't necessarily match up with manufacturer statistics. I always thought HPs were great until my three broke, but even that didn't confirm anything until someone linked me to those stats.
Thanks for re-iterating my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back