• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

LoTR vs. Star Wars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LoTR or Star Wars?

• Lord of the Rings

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I live in a hole and have never watched either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
I've been thinking about it since watching Clerks 2.

Which is the one trilogy to rule them all? Obviously, I'm pro Rings.

What about j00z.

Shadukai X

Banned
Star Wars is awsome, and I basically grew up with it, but LoTR is more climatic, and better visuals.
I'd go with Star Wars.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
I've been thinking about it since watching Clerks 2.

Which is the one trilogy to rule them all? Obviously, I'm pro Rings.

What about j00z.

you should put a clerks option because i would've voted for that.
anyways i said star wars because i grew up w/ it and i don't have to watch 3 hours just to see one movie

Shadukai X

Banned
Should this even be a question? LotR tops Star Wars in evey possible manner. Better story. More Complex characters. Better Visuals. Better everything!
So you're saying that newer is always better? I don't beleive that.
Star Wars is so good, it beats LoTR 20 years before it came out.

Shadukai X

Banned
Because it was made when better graphics were available. Star Wars actually got ahead of it's time when it came to graphics

Masamune

Big Boss
Well i never really liked Star Wars... anyways LOTR in my opinion has a better story and characters... although i know that star wars was and is pretty famous i still prefer LOTR....

Cid Highwind

The Captain
im going to give one reason why in my opinion star wars beats lotr. darth vader. and not that dumb anakin, i mean darth vader when he was all suited up. he was such a badass and he destroyed a f***in planet! in lotr, there was just this **** sauron who made other ppl do his work. he had one big ass eye and did nothing else (prepares for ppl to start complaining how sauron did more than just sit there). but yeah, vader is has a lot of things i like in a villian and i really like the star wars video games better than the lotr games too.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
heres how it goes

starwars books > LoTR books
starwars games > LoTR gaimes
First trilogy < LoTR
second trilogy (congruent sign) LoTR

Over all, 4000+years of starwars are greater than the LoTR stuff. But the first trilogy is less than LoTR.

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
This is the problem... episodes I-III sucked. So hell yes, LOTR beats those... but IV-VI were awesome. It had infinitely better dialogue (Leia: "I love you." Han Solo: "I know.") and the actions of the characters were pretty damn cool (Han Solo shooting Greedo under the table before Lucas turned into a pansy bitch and edited it so Greedo shot first). You can never find a better character than Han Solo or a cooler villain than Darth Vader. Not to mention Boba Fett, who is a damn cool bounty hunter (again lookinga the characters in IV-VI not I-III). So looking at the original star wars trilogy, I definitely prefer Star Wars to LOTR. If you're looking at cinemetography and how the movie is "made" you have to remember that LOTR came out a good thirty years later... so it's an unfair comparison. Star Wars revolutionized special effects... but it didn't take the place of the storyline either (not that I am claiming anything like that has happened with LOTR). I do think though Peter Jackson is without a doubt a better director than George Lucas though he definitely could had a good editor go in and axe out a large portion of the ending to ROTK. The main villain was once a good man... whereas in LOTR you basically have Sauron, an evil an rather non-interesting and one-dimensional being. In that Star Wars has more complexity. Ultimately, both are brilliant[i/], but Star Wars is simply more fun and has some rather interesting elements to it. The really cool thing about star wars is the nature of good and evil in it. What it comes down to is that I'd watch Star Wars over and over and over again. I definitely would not do the same with LOTR. I think that's certainly the sign of a good, or at least more entertaining group of movies.

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
im going to give one reason why in my opinion star wars beats lotr. darth vader. and not that dumb anakin, i mean darth vader when he was all suited up. he was such a badass and he destroyed a f***in planet! in lotr, there was just this **** sauron who made other ppl do his work. he had one big ass eye and did nothing else (prepares for ppl to start complaining how sauron did more than just sit there). but yeah, vader is has a lot of things i like in a villian and i really like the star wars video games better than the lotr games too.

So you are comparing the evil ones and the video games? He didn't destroy a planet, the death star did. You have to think about the story, just because you like the villan more and the video games more doesn't give you the right to say which is better. The reason Sauron didn't do anything is because of the state he was in, alos the one of the whole points was that this wasn't about deafeating some huge bad guy like Darth Vader or blowing up the Death Star, it was just to destroy this little ring that looks harmless, but contains the great power of evil and corruption. And I find that much more earth shatering and......let's just say original that haveing to blow something up and simply "Redeem someone"....well LotR had a whole lot more reedeming then Star Wars but I won't get into that.

Another thing is the story and complexcity, also the characters. The story of LotR is much better, it has an original idea, so much backround my mind hurts over how much it contains. Tolkein even made up langauges.....many, many different languages, George Lucus just created the words he needed. Also the characters, they are much more relistic, deep, and emotional. And one more things.

Star Wars books>LoTR books

That is just being ignorant.

I AM EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!(look at post count)

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
No, i've read the trilogy, and i've read around 10 star wars books, in terms of story devolopment, starwars is above lotr.

The story to LotR is developed by many other books to, there is so much back history to to see how grand and how much scope it really has, you would hev to read all of them. But I disagree anyway, I still think that LotR is developed in story, character, and just the way it is written much more then the Star Wars books.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
Well I guess this isn't exactly a matter of storyline. In my opinion, they're both well thought out.

But as some of you remember from Clerks, the story of LoTR is summed up well enough by simply walking around and dropping a ring. I actually prefer simpler storylines, because in order to understand a good amount of the Star Wars saga, you'd have to look in places aside from the main trilogies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back