• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mai HiME

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doushitemo

Has anyone seen this anime? I just saw episodes 5-8, and it's really good! It's a little confusing sometimes, though. (Probably because I haven't seen eps. 1-4)
So...does anyone like/has anyone seen Mai HiME?

Heartless1990

舞-HiME's my favorite anime of all...episodes 1 to 14 are about the battle against Alyssa Searrs.

I LOVE the last 10 episodes. They're truly saddening. As you can see in my sig, the last picture is my favorite scene from episode 22.

Doushitemo

Yay! Someone actually replied! I feel special! lol
I kind of forgot a lot of what happened in the 4 episodes I saw, since that was over a month ago. I heard that Mai HiME is going to be released in America now, so when it is, I'l watch the whole series.
Alyssa Searrs...who is that? I have such a bad memory, I can't even remember... >_>
Well, it was partly due to the fact that I had to read the subtitles and look at the picture at the same time, but enough excuses.

Heartless1990

Mai Tokiha is a transfer student Fuuka Academy. Along a cruise ship with her brother, Takumi, the two see a person over the waters which turns out to be a girl holding a sword. A man on board the ship agrees to help with CPR on the girl and his name was Tate Yuichi. Just before that, a girl named Shiho pushes him before their lips touch. She refers to Tate as "Oneechan" (Brother) but turns out just calls him that for friendship purposes. Since no one could help the girl, Mai decides to do CPR and discovers the girl has a mark on her arm which was identical to the one on her right breast (haha...very funny...you immature people -_-). They save her and later, another woman attacks the ship and tries to attack the girl that was drowned. The girl (they don't explain her name but I'll reveal it to you: Mikoto) takes her sword and battles the girl who wants to kill her, Natsuki. Mai becomes the middle of the battle of Mikoto's blade vs Natsuki's guns as well as Natsuki's "child" (creature), Duran. The two fight and just when Duran was about to strike Mai and Mikoto, Mai cast a flame shield. Natsuki explains that she was a HiME, who were able to use special powers...

Later you find out...all HiME have a "child"...but when the "child" is killed, the person they care about most dies.

Last edited:

Heartless1990

Nope. Sunrise didn't make one. Too bad huh? Well, I actually bought it because I liked it so much. If you like sad animes, watch it. The beginning's funny and immature but I love the last few episodes. (Sorry for the sig...might be spoiling things for you guys).

Heartless1990

KingdomHikari said:
Aww, if that girl kissing that guy is part of the ending, it looks really sad.

Yep. I like sad things. That's why I want to watch Chrno Crusade. I heard it's sad. Anyone know where I can...:coughs:..."buy"...it?

Lost Heaven

buried in my thoughts
Website
xxlostheavenxx.livejournal.com
I love Chrno Crusade, it's my 2nd fav anime. It's really good, and really sad at the end. Um... you can buy it at Best Buy, Suncoast, online... although the manga is way better. The dub voices suck.

Heartless1990

KingdomHikari said:
I love Chrno Crusade, it's my 2nd fav anime. It's really good, and really sad at the end. Um... you can buy it at Best Buy, Suncoast, online... although the manga is way better. The dub voices suck.

AHHH!!! DUBS!!! I HATE DUBS!!!

Doesn't matter if they sound so professional in dubbing because I despise dubs until my heart wants to run out my ears, grab my nose and beat my eyes with it. (Strange, I know)

I like the jap voices and a lot of the time I don't put on the subtitles to enhance my japanese. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to learn it. I NEEEEEEEED to. It goes beyong the point where I just think japanese is cool to learn but I need to go to japan for future reference

Sorry...getting off topic, so watch 舞 HiME. It's pretty good and the sad parts are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back