• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Make Some Noise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
(Note: This is a Pokemon fanfic. Warnings would be for language, I presume. This is a humor/adventure fic. I have no idea why I'm writing this.

Edit: Oops, wrong title.)

Make Some Noise

Part One: The Start of a Journey and a Potential Fire​

Thank you for purchasing "Life Lessons to go by as dictated by Susan Markovski."

Lesson number one: When forced to do something against your will, be as difficult as possible. This includes throwing temper tantrums, cursing like a sailor, whining, kicking trash cans over, breaking any glass objects nearby, bargaining with whatever diety you believe in, and throwing yourself to the floor and banging your fists as you scream "Why God, why!?". Lawbreaking is optional, and highly encouraged to really get your point across; I suggest petty theft or starting fires. Dignity is a little word that means nothing here: do whatever you can to make your potential kidnappers as miserable as possible.

"Well...here we are. Seven years late, but still here none the less."

Nick looked to his best friend, Tyler. Tyler grinned back at him under his blond bangs as he slung his bag over his shoulder. He was dressed casually in jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Somewhat decent travel gear one could say for the lukewarm weather.

Nick was dressed just about the same, in jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. They looked similar, heck they were both blond, except that Tyler's hair was longer than Nick's. However, unlike his normal looking friend, he had an army-camo coat on and had a goatee. He smiled as he turned around to face his remaining friend.

Who appeared to be trying to sneak away.

"Susan, you can't escape. Your first seven escape attempts failed, what makes you think this one will work?" he asked as he calmly reached back and yanked her by her backbag back over to their three-person group.

She scowled at him under her dark brown bangs. Her hair was long, past her shoulders and down her back, not quite reaching her hips. Her bangs were long enough to fall into her eyes a little, but her glasses sort of helped keep them out of her eyes. She was dressed in jeans, tennis shoes, and a short-sleeved shirt that almost lifted up enough to see her stomach, but she was also wearing a mint-green jacket over top of her clothes.

"I forgot something at my house, that's all. Let me just..." she started pulling away again, but he jerked her back.

"No, you didn't. You have all your clothes, your books, utilities, food, money, a note to your Mom explaining your abscence, and Creampuff."

Tyler snorted at this. "Dare I ask who Creampuff is?"

"Unless you want to have Creampuff shoved down your throat, then I wouldn't ask." Susan hissed at him. Tyler narrowed his eyes and prepared for a comeback, but Nick interrupted them before they could start one of their fights again.

"Point is, you're ready."

"But I don't want to go on a Pokemon journey!" Susan whined.

"It wouldn't be fun without you. I know you're indifferent to Pokemon, but this could be cool for the three of us to journey together as friends."

"And why didn't we do this when we were ten?"

"Because our grades were so terrible that we couldn't go. Except for you Susan, but you didn't like Pokemon at the time."

"And I still don't!" she said, but Nick ignored her.

Tyler then leaned over and said, "Besides, this gives us a chance to get away from our parents and live without restrictions. Be our own person!"

Susan looked somewhat thoughtful at this. True, she did want to get away from her annoying parents and little brothers.

"Also, we might run into Josh as well."

Her eyes seemed to light up at this. Josh was a friend of theirs from back then who had gone off on his journey. No, he didn't have the grades needed, but apparently he had managed to trick the professor into giving him one so that he could go anyway. He had been one of their best friends.

"...I still don't want to."

"Too bad."

And with that said, Nick pushed her inside of Rowan's lab.

~~~~~~~~~~

In 2008, the Pokemon Labs began stocking with all the starters, not just the ones native to that region. So that it was "fair" to those starting out that had wanted something else. Of course, this sort of made the Sinnoh starters somewhat neglected since people appeared to like the Kanto starters the most. But in 2005, Kanto sort of...disappeared off the map. No one's exactly sure what happened to it. Some think that Team Rocket had something to do with it. The thing was, the people had supposedly disappeared too. The Pokemon, however, seemed to have migrated to the other regions, including Sinnoh.

Nick was lucky. He and his family had moved to Sinnoh the year before. But it had been a little disheartening, when he couldn't get in contact with distant relatives like his grandparents anymore or any old friends. But it was sort of ok, now that he had made friends with Tyler and Susan. It had even been fun getting here, what with Susan attempting to run back home by kicking trash cans to be in the way when chasing her or her cursing up and down the path which caused people to stare at them strangely, as well as that one temper tantrum she had thrown when she had threatened to drown herself in the lake.

Susan watched him as he explained the situation to Rowan as to why they had not gone when they were younger. She looked down at the pokeballs that they were offering. She picked one up, deep in thought. She couldn't exactly explain why she disliked Pokemon. The only ones she sort of liked were ones like her Mom's pet Skitty, but that was only because she grew up with it. Whenever she tried to explain it, she would come up with a blank. But despite no explanation, she still felt this odd feeling of contempment for Pokemon.

Tyler nearby opened up a pokeball. A Bulbasaur looked up at him and smiled a little. "Bulba..." it called up to him, extending a vine to shake. Tyler smiled and shaked it as well. "Nice to meet you."

The Bulbasaur blinked rather timidly. Basically, it's look said, "Are you my new trainer? Please take me."

And of course, this look can't be complete without puppy dog eyes. Which is slightly disturbing for a Bulbasaur, honestly.

But Tyler bought it. "I'll take the Bulbasaur."

The Bulbasaur cheered as it leeped straight at him and knocked the wind out of Tyler. Susan rolled her eyes as she opened the pokeball she had been examining. A Charmander popped out, wagging its tail energetically. "Char char!"

Susan frowned. She didn't know if she wanted a happy Pokemon. This one would probably want to "interact with her". However, the Charmander faced Tyler's Bulbasaur and suddenly grinned rather malevolently. The Bulbasaur looked over and narrowed its eyes at it in vague confusion. Charmander stomped over and said something in Pokemon language, which apparently set the Bulbasaur off. Soon, they were both shouting and fighting.

"So this one doesn't like Tyler's Pokemon?" she asked aloud.

"That's odd though. Normally they're on friendly terms. Also, judging by its manner, I think that it dislikes your friend there." Rowan pointed to Tyler.

"So it hates Tyler for some reason." Susan said. After a few seconds, she grinned. "I'll take it."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Figures you would get a Pokemon that hates me."

Nick sighed as he watched Tyler and Susan argue. Despite their friendship, they were always insulting or fighting with each other. Susan insulted him on purpose mostly to get a laugh, but of course Tyler would respond otherwise. Nick once asked her why she hated Tyler, and she said she didn't have a reason.

"Susan, that's a Charmander. Don't you want to get a Chikorita or something?" Nick offered.

"No way. If you're going to forcibly make me get a Pokemon, then I want one that can start fires!" Susan said, a mad look in her eye.

Nick had been worried about this. She was a little crazy than most people.

Now that he thought about it, she sort of reminded him of their old friend Josh. He had been a little...unsettling. Even more so than Susan. They both had odd ideas about things. The "what really happens when you die" kind of ideas. Susan, despite being a decent B-C+ average student, she also liked to boast about criminal activities and such. Apparently she had been arrested before for crimes, although he didn't believe her. She always liked to say things to make people nervous.

Which was a reason that he wanted to bring her along, since she would be entertaining.

He picked up a pokeball. "I guess I'll get a Squirtle so that I can put out any fires she starts." he says, ignoring his apparently pyromanic friend's eye roll.

He opened the pokeball. A cute little Squirtle looked up at him with a large grin. "Squirtle!" it greeted. Nick smiled. It seemed rather energetic.

"Ok then. I'm your new trainer." Nick said to the Squirtle. The Squirtle nodded and pumped a fist up.

Rowan handed Nick and Tyler a Pokedex as well as some pokeballs. "I would like it if you kids could get information on all the Pokemon and...where did your friend go?"

They turned around and noticed that both Susan and the Charmander had mysteriously disappeared. Nick turned to Tyler.

"You don't think she escaped and dumped Charmander off somewhere, do you?"

"If she did, then I really will have her drown in the lake." Tyler said sourly as they both ran outside, taking Susan's pokedex and pokeballs with them.

But they didn't have to go far as she was standing outside the building on the side. Where smoke was conviently rising up from.

"Susan, what are you doing?" Tyler asked as she was instructing her Charmander to put its tail against the building, where it was starting to catch on fire.

"What?"

"You were going to burn down the place?"

"Of course not. Besides, if I did, you guys would of gotten out in time anyway. There's water Pokemon in there." Susan pointed out.

Nick quickly called out the Squirtle, where it did a Bubble attack that managed to put out the small flame. He shook a finger disapprovingly. "Bad Susan. No setting fires!"

Susan pouted. "You guys aren't going to let me have any fun on this journey, are you?"

"If your definition of fun is setting Rowan's lab on fire, then maybe we should of left you at home." Tyler said darkly.

"Yes, maybe you should have." she snapped back rather fiercely as she recalled her Charmander, scowling a little. Nick could see that she was in a bad mood about having to leave home and deal with Pokemon. He put a hand on her shoulder. "Come on now, you'll have fun, really! And besides, we'll need you for when we need to break out of jail, knowing what kind of trouble we might get into."

She shrugged a little at that. "I suppose so. I've managed to get out many times before. You two would just end up as somebody's bi-"

"Thanks Susan!" Nick said, quickly cutting her off before she could finish her sentence. He grabbed his two best friend's by the arms.

"Come on guys! An adventure awaits!" he said cheerfully as he dragged the two of them out of the gates of Sandgem and off to dominate the Pokemon world.

Look out world, here we come!

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile...

A certain mother had found Susan's note.

"She did WHAT!?"

For you see, the note read...

Dear Mom, I'm being kidnapped and held hostage...haha, just kidding. No seriously, my friends are forcibly dragging me along for a Pokemon adventure. No idea when I'll be back. I brought clothes and food and all that, so don't worry. I won't be by myself since I'm with my friends. Maybe this will help me get over my mutual hatred of Pokemon. Or Tyler. Either one could be good.

I'll send a letter or call you now and then so that you know that I haven't been killed by a pack of Ursaring in the woods somewhere. God that would be awful. And then the Starlys come along and rip your intestines out while you might still be clinging on to life. They even rip an eye out, but they leave one in so that you can watch them eat you. I can't imagine a worse kind of hell...

~Love, Susan.

P.S. I sort of needed money. I riffled through your purse and used your credit card to get me 500 or more dollars. I'm not sure how much really, I wasn't really paying attention. I just pushed in random numbers. But I think it's definately more than 500.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back