• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort and King Mickey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

Ohhh okay

I'll go rewatch. I think I remember him saying that

I definitely believe him being a master by then though

EDIT: Yep, he indeed refers to him as a master.

I really love Mickey talking about Terra, Aqua, and Ventus during the post-KH2 era

It gives me... hope. *Sniff

JustSnilloc

Start at 5m and 48s

[video=youtube;RGyvigmtLgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyvigmtLgc#t=05m48s[/video]

Beardman

Do we know for sure that was Mickey becoming a master? I assumed it was just him quitting his training, but then Yen Sid telling him to continue. Giving up doesn't seem like a proper demonstration of the Mark to me...

I took that seen in the way that Mickey knew he was in big trouble for jackin Yensid's Star Shard, so Mickey was taking responsibility for his actions and was thinking he had dishonored Yensid, so he had to turn in his blade. But then Yensid handed it back to him and what I took from the scene is that Yensid knew Mickey was responsible and was ready to be deemed a Keyblade Master.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I believe Mickey was already a Master during BBS he went back for additional training, I'm sure there's an interview lying around somewhere that mentions this.

Mickey disobeyed his Master and failed to save his friends he felt he didn't deserve to be a KW anymore, it was just a moment of self-doubt everyone is entitled to one.

Nope, Mickey was not a Master during BBS, he became one after the events of BBS were over.

The reason Mickey gave the Star Seeker up in the credits of BBS and turned to leave was because he felt guilty for not being able to save Aqua, Terra and Ven.
Yen Sid however saw that Mickey had done everything he could and it wasn't his fault so he returned the keyblade, shortly after deeming Mickey a master.

But he said he was still in training like Ventus. He was also young and impulsive, he didn't seem like a Master

For story and character purposes, I like to think of him as an apprentice still in BBS. It adds to the generation leap to Sora. He was once an apprentice who made mistakes and failed, but now he's a master who's helping new Keyblade wielders on their journey and he's trying to atone for those past mistakes.

Whether Yen Sid handing the Star Seeker back to him means he had become Master or not, I still liked the scene : ]

He said that to Ven because it's true at that time. Mickey is in the middle of his own Mark of Mastery exam during the events of BBS.

Yep, Mickey became a master shortly after BBS and when we look at some of the scenes in Re: Coded it very much seems that Mickey and Yen Sid never gave up investigating on TAV's fates with the eventual hope of saving them.

It was confirmed in a Famitsu-Interview for Re: Coded that Mickey wasn't a Master in BBS:
Nomura said:
Additionally, there is only one master right now, and that’s the King. When did the King become a master?

Nomura: During Birth by Sleep, the King is in the middle of his Mark of Mastery exam. Therefore, by the time of Kingdom Hearts, he has become a Keyblade Master. Yen Sid is a retired master and he can proctor the Mark of Mastery exam. Thus, this time, he will administer the test to Sora and Riku.

Amazing

King Mickey fought Master Xehanort in BBS when he opened that corridor of darkness in Neverland to lure King Mickey to his location.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
King Mickey fought Master Xehanort in BBS when he opened that corridor of darkness in Neverland to lure King Mickey to his location.

That was Vanitas though, not Master Xehanort.

Mickey fought Vanitas and was rendered unconscious, then brought to the Keyblade Graveyard.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Yensid probably showed Mickey what he looked like the same way he showed Sora, Donald, and Goofy the Nobodies.

Maybe there's a scene of this in 3D.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
that was probably the longest post i've ever seen say a single sentence in such a drawn out way

Ha, yeah....sorry it was late for me... I think I was trying to explain to myself and ended up posting it along with it. I didn't mean it to be that long, now that I reread it.

I should just stop posting past 10pm.

It was also pretty long since I made each sentence a paragraph.....not sure why I did that though....I was really tired. I woke up at 2:20pm today.

Yensid probably showed Mickey what he looked like the same way he showed Sora, Donald, and Goofy the Nobodies.

Maybe there's a scene of this in 3D.

Pretty much what I'm thinking right now. Makes most sense, if Mickey never actually came face to face with MX.

Sky Lily

Website
sky-lily.deviantart.com
I'm pretty sure Mickey has met or seen Master Xehanort at least once. He was a Master in BbS, wasn't he?

I doubt that in all that time Mickey never once saw a picture or even Master Xehanort himself. Everyone knows Master Xehanort loved to party it up at Eraqus' place.

Well of course, although the last party Eraqus' had ended with MX burning his face. So he wasn't invited to any more for quite a long time.
Then out of the blue, he sends an apology letter a few years later and Eraqus is like, "Well all right, no harm done I suppose. You can watch my kids play around for awhile if you want, just to show we're bros again."
Having no suspicion whatsoever.

But no, Mickey should at least know what MX looks like. If not...Yen Sid really didn't tell Mickey anything helpful. (Besides training him to a Master)

Permission to quote your BBS backstory in my signature? xD

Also, I remember Yen Sid saying somewhere that Mickey was a king, just not a Keyblade master, although he earned that title soon after the events in Birth By Sleep.

Also, considering that Yen Sid is so easily able to conjure up incredible life-like illusions of heartless, nobodies, and the members of Organization 13, I can see him being able to do the same for Master Xehanort in all his forms without much difficulty. It wouldn't take meeting Xehanort to know what he looks like, as long as Yen Sid could conjure up an image for you.

KevVentus

Besides, Mickey recognizing Xehanort isn't the point of the scene so much as setting the stage for an epic confrontation between good and evil!

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Permission to quote your BBS backstory in my signature? xD

Go right ahead, I'm fine with it.

Besides, Mickey recognizing Xehanort isn't the point of the scene so much as setting the stage for an epic confrontation between good and evil!

But it's these details that people do like to know. Otherwise there are some questions that will be asked.

Samhain

Bronze Member
yup..MX and King Mickey never came up face to face. mickey never saw mx during BBS at least of what we see.

if he did, more plotholes. how the hell wouldnt Mickey remember that the Xehanort he met during his meeting wif Ansem the Wise has the same name as "Master Xehanort". especially since Xehanort isn't really a common name in anyway lol

btw for those saying mickey met mx because of neverland, etc. actually we see a scene at the end of someone's story of that world. Mickey looks and says "Who are you!?" and we see the clothes of Vanitas and his keyblade. its safe to say Vanitas wooped Mickey's ass and bought him to the Keyblade Graveyard to lure Ven in

KevVentus

Go right ahead, I'm fine with it.

But it's these details that people do like to know. Otherwise there are some questions that will be asked.

And I'd say we've fully addressed the question?

Speaking of plot holes relating to things seen in Birth By Sleep,

Donald and Goofy not knowing what the Mysterious Tower was in KH2. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back