• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

McCain, marriage, and the 'traditional' family

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
After the announcement of Joe Biden as Obama's VP candidate, I decided to do a little searching on the campaign websites of both candidates from both political parties. They both have a lot to offer, and I'm sure either would do their best to secure a better America; but one thing caught my eye, particularly the bold outlines:

As president, John McCain would nominate judges who understand that the role of the Court is not to subvert the rights of the people by legislating from the bench. Critical to Constitutional balance is ensuring that, where state and local governments do act to preserve the traditional family, the Courts must not overstep their authority and thwart the Constitutional right of the people to decide this question.

The family represents the foundation of Western Civilization and civil society and John McCain believes the institution of marriage is a union between one man and one woman. It is only this definition that sufficiently recognizes the vital and unique role played by mothers and fathers in the raising of children, and the role of the family in shaping, stabilizing, and strengthening communities and our nation.

I think this is very important: the people decide what exactly could be coined as a 'traditional' family. Not the courts, not the branches of government, but the people. And even then - in this growing age that our country is going through, is the supposed 'traditional' family even in the majority anymore? Our society is always changing; what was once traditional could certainly be disappearing in the near future.

And next, is the role of a family consisting of one mother, plus one father really all that unique? I can think of many family-esque situations that are certainly more deviant from the supposed traditional family. And, in the end, isn't family whatever we choose it to be? Isn't it whatever makes us happy, allows us to feel safe, and comforted, even loved? Perhaps I'm just more liberal on the subject (and hell, maybe even more spiritual), but I personally believe that family isn't something so easily labeled.

So, there's my two-cents-worth -- what are your thoughts on the traditional family?

SOURCE: John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President

Y

Yannis

Can someone put traditional family in a nutshell?

Like:
Traditional Family:
-blabla
-bööböö
-biibii

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm Australian, so, even though I should read up on world politics, I haven't particularly followed anything USA-Election-wise. But McKain sounds like an idiot. Sometimes splitting up a traditional family is better for the people in it. That's what happened with me, and I'm better of now than I was back then, for certain.

Biological mother and quasi-stepfather, plus recently-born half-brother
Biological father and step-mother, plus non-biological stepbrother and sister.
That's me, and I survive fine. Despite some recent emotional scrapes and not-exactly-top-notch-moments, I'm still fine, and it's because I can have the support of my step mum and siblings (my stepp-ish-dad's just about useless, but a nice guy) as well as my biological family.

And you're absolutely right, it's the people's right to decide just what a family is, and it's the job of (good) governements to do what's best for the people, and it's the people that decide if they are elected or not, so how DARE they say what a normal family is and isn't? How DARE they?

Y

Yannis

McCain is too old, he cant live in the year 2008, but maybe he is living in 1608 xD lol

A

Azrael

The feminist's movement is the cause of the fall of the traditional American family, women should look down themselves in shame

Y

Yannis

The feminist's movement is the cause of the fall of the traditional American family, women should look down themselves in shame
Yeah, women want to be everything man are, but they will never success, dont they know?

A

Azrael

Yeah, women want to be everything man are, but they will never success, dont they know?

I know right, they want to replace the one thing we cherish with fricking ****** It's not as good as the real thing.

One of the main reasons why I admire Islam.

Y

Yannis

I know right, they want to replace the one thing we cherish with fricking ****** It's not as good as the real thing.

One of the main reasons why I admire Islam.
Of course not all women are feminists, maybe 12% of them are so called hardcore-feminists and 38% are so called easygoing-feminists and the rest 50% are the women as they should be :]

note that there are ****** for men too, I mean the woman-organ replica. Great! We are going to replace ourselves with plastic toys... .-.

A

Azrael

Of course not all women are feminists, maybe 12% of them are so called hardcore-feminists and 38% are so called easygoing-feminists and the rest 50% are the women as they should be :]

note that there are ****** for men too, I mean the woman-organ replica. Great! We are going to replace ourselves with plastic toys... .-.

But we're different, they're not as fun and they don't our names out lustfully and we can't really feel good calling them bitch or hell yeah, like that:closedeyes:

Y

Yannis

But we're different, they're not as fun and they don't our names out lustfully and we can't really feel good calling them bitch or hell yeah, like that:closedeyes:
You right :(

****** is for women in denial xD What does the ****** stand for? .-.

Maybe I gonna develop a ****** which calls out your name lustfully. Then you get alcohol to your brain when you call it bitch..

A

Azrael

You right :(

****** is for women in denial xD What does the ****** stand for? .-.

Maybe I gonna develop a ****** which calls out your name lustfully. Then you get alcohol to your brain when you call it bitch..

Are you that naive?

They're ****** that's what!

wink wink

Y

Yannis

Are you that naive?

They're ****** that's what!

wink wink
Whatever, do you think that ****** brake the traditional family? You know, woman is more independent fro man then.. McCain should make a law where ****** is illegal to possess .___. I dont have one, so it wouldnt bother me.. and I dont live in USa anyway xD

Disluxia

Stop swearing we can't even read it.

Yeah, mccain is the devil. Aka Bush 2.0

A family is two parents man and man, man and woman, or woman and woman

Y

Yannis

Yeah, mccain is the devil. Aka Bush 2.0
I think mccain is just so old and like almost all old people he is not up to date with our time. Also can his heart take the stress from leading such big country as USa?

****** = denial

xD

So do you think that women or men using denials are breaking the traditional family? Denial is kinda a third wheel dont u think?

A

Azrael

I think mccain is just so old and like almost all old people he is not up to date with our time. Also can his heart take the stress from leading such big country as USa?

****** = denial

xD

*facepalms* I despise you Yannis xD

it's not denial!!!!

It's a ummm.....how should I say this....hot dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back