• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Michael Cunningham [Film/Lit.]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
I've had the pleasure of reading most of his works of fiction, and I have to say he is probably one of the most talented writers I've ever come upon.

I first discovered A Home at the End of the World one afternoon at Target, and I didn't think much of it. The plot sounded interesting, so I just haphazardly bought it. That night, I began reading, and I absolutely fell in love with the way the author told the story. After reading the book, I watched the movie, and was equally impressed with the amount of depth that is personified throughout (plus, who doesn't love Duncan Sheik's music?).

Next, I went on to read The Hours. Once again, I was stunned; fantastic writing ability, great interpretation of Virginia Wolf and her novel Mrs. Dalloway. The story is a bit sad and depressing at times, but even the despair and sadness is done in such a way that you fall in love with the characters anyway.

Lastly, I read Specimen Days. This is, and always has been, my favorite book of all time. The incorporation of Walt Whitman's poetry (Song of Myself and Leaves of Grass) is done in an eloquent way that captures the reader, and allows him/her to see a completely different side to both life and death.

And now I'm reading Flesh and Blood; so far, I'm enthralled. Can't wait to continue reading.

For those curious:
The Hours
A Home at the End of the World
Specimen Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back