• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

mike/sulley limit and water magic?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

f'tang

Some tidbits i got from the new trailer.
Seems we got something called scream strike.

LHYlwid.png

Unlike all other situation commands, this one lacks a timer. Could potentially be a mike and sulley limit(?).

Also i found this water heartless that was only briefly shown.

SQHSdyJ.png

Has a bubble pattern on it, but more importantly...

mOIKo8W.png

We can very briefly see it summon bubbles of water.
If the other three are anything to go off of, than it would seem the mage heartless' are based off the various spells we will have in this game. We already seen fire, aero, and thunder variants, so it would stand to reason that we're being givin a hint towards water magic. Thoughts?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Wasn't water magic combinations or something found in 2.8 files? Water magic was something i hope we would see more of in KH3. With how good the water looks in Ariel's summoning..it would be a shame not to have more.

UltimaXOmega

Water magic has been something I've wanted for years.
I was playing 0.2 today and noticed there is Water enemies and Earth enemies. The Blizzard enemy in KHI was also Blue but the bubbles on these seem to hint towards Water.

Last edited:

KH2Rulz

Awards
I have a feeling Scream Strike is a RC a la 'Wake Up!' against Beast in KH2.
No real proof it's not a Limit, but it seems a bit overpowered for a Limit to be... well unlimited in terms of MP/timer.

Add on that it's an event battle given Boo's Laugh Power in the top left, I feel like it'll be RC-like. Sorta like Minnie's Holy command in KH2 as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Scream Strike seems to be the limit where Sora bowls Mike down at the Heartless. It's fitting due to the term "Strike" used, which is a prominent bowling term.

That Heartless using water magic makes sense, since we already have a water Heartless and it follows the other Elementals theme.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fairly sure that was a cutscene givin the enemies were in a very specific arrangement as well as the party.
I mean, that's possible but it's also not that hard to program a specific set up and layout for a special attack. We've seen limits in use before and the command menu vanished, which is sort of what happens here.

It's entirely possible that Scream Strike is something to do with Boo as well, since the bar is full at that point which would explain why there's no count down for it.

KH2Rulz

Awards
Fairly sure that was a cutscene givin the enemies were in a very specific arrangement as well as the party.
Yeah, pretty sure as well.

You can see the there isn't a HUD during that scene, whereas during the rocket scene in Toy Story land + Ariel's Summon, there is a HUD.
Note that not only the Command Menu disappears but there's also no HP bar.
I feel like it's almost certainly a cutscene.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, pretty sure as well.

You can see the there isn't a HUD during that scene, whereas during the rocket scene in Toy Story land + Ariel's Summon, there is a HUD.
Note that not only the Command Menu disappears but there's also no HP bar.
I feel like it's almost certainly a cutscene.

I guess it could be a finished battle transition? I can't think of many other applicable reasons lol. Sully sorta looked like he was in his fighting stance still.

I also considered it is a mini-game lol. It is showed off in the gameplay portion of the trailer, so I dunno. The lack of HUD does seem to imply not direct combat.

UltimaXOmega

Somebody on GameFaqs made a good point. There was Light and Wind versions of these Heartless in KHII and those weren't spells. Personally I do think this reinforces the datamine though but it's sadly not a confirmation. Oh and if 0.2 is anything to go by, Water and Ice are separate as using Fire on a Firecore does nothing in damage while using Blizzard on a Water core freezes it solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back