• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'mind' theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche

Happily Insane
im not one to make theories but here it goes.

Okay the other day it occured to me that when sora turned into a heartless his 'mind' also went with it so thats how kairi was able to wake him up when he started forgetting things or whatever happened.
In KHII when someone calls Xemnas, Xehanort he says something about not being called that in along time, so it lead me to think that the 'mind' this time stayed with the body. I was also thinking what would happen if the mind went to neither would darkness, nothingness, light consume it until it became an enemy?

discuss and fill free to prove me wrong.

Edit: sry when i say 'mind' i meant the somebodies mind that made the nobody and heartless.

Last edited:
A

Audo

The heart and the body actually both have a sort of mind.
Xehanort's Heartless had it's own mind separate from Xemnas', but the mind isn't something that can be disappeared or separated from a person in KH.

C

Colours

The heart and the body actually both have a sort of mind.
Xehanort's Heartless had it's own mind separate from Xemnas', but the mind isn't something that can be disappeared or separated from a person in KH.

But they both wanted the same thing, which was kh.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
When a person gets turned into a Heartless, the Nobody gets the memories of before. But for some reason, Xehanort's Nobody and Heartless both had memories of before but (as R-K stated) they acted under separate minds.

Yuu

Maybe the memories go with the soul?

But somehow, something strange happened to Xehanort to cause both his heartless and nobody to have memories.

He was the one that opened Hollow Bastion.

A

Audo

The memories go with the body, as does the soul.

Well... Xehanort is special... perhaps... nah I'm not going to say it, lol.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe the memories go with the soul?

But somehow, something strange happened to Xehanort to his both his heartless and nobody to have memories.

He was the one that opened Hollow Bastion.

I've always thought that. It would make sense after all because Nobodies remember stuff but they don't have a heart. Maybe the soul holds the memories, while the heart is a the chain that links them together...just a thought..

A

Audo

The heart holds the memories, but the memories from the heart are put into the Nobody when they are split.
Perhaps in some weird way, both XH and Xemnas had the memories? Maybe they made like.. a duplicate of the memories somehow? It could have something to do with how XH because a heartless, or maybe it has something to do with how Xehanort came to be ([insert Terra/MX/DS fusion theory])

DaisyDuck

Minds are tricky. Remember the old phrase "Think with your head, not your heart?" Cliche as it is that might be what's going on here.

Heartless rely mostly on instinct. But they do seem to have some thought capacity, especially the higher ones like Wizards and Invisibles. and of course Xehanort's Heartless, although he appears to be a special case and is more "an exsistance purely of the Heart" than a true Heartless. It could be said the think with their hearts, so to speak.

Nobodies can think and plan. They retain their intellect and brains. They think with their heads.

And both Nobodies and Heartless have memories. Axel pretty much tells Sora this during his fisrt appearance in CoM. Nobodies can remember most things about their former lives but their most precious memories are locked in their hearts and out of reach.

Take Demyx for example. He's a musician, he obviously remembers how to play a sitar, but he might not remember who taught him. Or he might not remember his favorite melody. He no longer has memories that would connect his heart to another.

A

Audo

Xehanort isnt much of a special case =/ Sora and Riku have both, at times, been an existence of purely the heart, than a true heartless.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
The heart holds the memories, but the memories from the heart are put into the Nobody when they are split.
Perhaps in some weird way, both XH and Xemnas had the memories? Maybe they made like.. a duplicate of the memories somehow? It could have something to do with how XH because a heartless, or maybe it has something to do with how Xehanort came to be ([insert Terra/MX/DS fusion theory])

I think when someone willingly lets darkness swallow their heart, their Heartless will have the memories of before because AtW says this in his report:

When a person's heart is stolen, a Heartless is born with no sense of self, and the body and soul left behind give rise to a Nobody.

But what if one willingly releases one's heart from one's body?

Sora and Xehanort retained their selfhood even after becoming Heartless.

@ Daisy Duck
And both Nobodies and Heartless have memories. Axel pretty much tells Sora this during his fisrt appearance in CoM. Nobodies can remember most things about their former lives but their most precious memories are locked in their hearts and out of reach.

I dont know if this is an exception but I do recall Xemnas talking to Atw and telling him that he always held him back. I think that falls into the category of precious memory doesnt it?

A

Audo

Except Sora was beginning to lose his memories, and Ansem surmised that since Sora's time as a hearltess was so small, the memories weren't given to Roxas, which means, if Kairi hadnt had revived him, his memories would have gone to Roxas.
So i dont think it is because he became a Heartless on his own accord.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah this is true...but Sora didnt forget everything. Sora claims in CoM that when he was a Heartless, he didnt forget his friends. He also wasnt like other Heartless because he didnt act on instinct. Instead of attacking Goofy, Donald, and Kairi, he just stood there looking at them. I bet that Sora's sacrice had something to do with this...idk what do you think R-K?

A

Audo

Yeah, i know he didnt forget everything, but he would have over time, or atleast, he should have.
Perhaps if they go heartless on their own accord, they keep their memories, but the memories are still somehow moved to the Nobody, so his short time would still explain why Roxas had no memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back