• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Misanthropy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

final Glith

Misanthropy is a general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human race/species or a disposition to dislike and/or distrust other people's silent consensus about reality.

What are your takes on this ideology? Are misanthropists just schitsophrenic people with psychological disorders or is there something beyond? Open to opinions and obviously discussion.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Misanthropy rocks, great guy. As or actual Misanthropy, humans suck.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Misanthropy is a general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human race/species or a disposition to dislike and/or distrust other people's silent consensus about reality.

What are your takes on this ideology? Are misanthropists just schitsophrenic people with psychological disorders or is there something beyond? Open to opinions and obviously discussion.

I could definitely see the rationalization behind Misanthrophy.
Then again those who are Misanthropist have good reason for being so, perhaps something happened to them in their lives or just observing the world around them.
Let's see Society as a whole as it stands now is just a joke.
The majority of our role-models are a laughable.
People don't seem to care too much about the well-being of another unless it can benefit them in some way.
You're judged on how much money you have and the clothes you wear rather than your mind/intellect.
We're constantly reproducing at a rapid rate without first thinking about the repercussions, just shooting from the hip (literally).
I could go on and on, but I digress.

Plain and simple, it's a perfectly reasonable ideal to have in today's world.

Awards
I don't think there's any way that a human being can hold a "general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human race/species" without being inherently hypocritical. It isn't a rational ideology. I hate several aspects of contemporary society, but it simply doesn't make any sense to dismiss an entire species.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Makes sense. With all of the fucked up things in the world since the birth of mankind, I don't really blame them. I mean, who wouldn't say at least one time in the life that "reality is a bitch"?

But then there's the topic of self-hatred as well, considering that whether or not they hate everyone else or everyone including themselves. That's kind of something to think about.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
╬ProperArtist╬;3897217 said:
Plain and simple, it's a perfectly reasonable ideal to have in today's world.
Reasonable, but I believe that it's a hypocritical ideal to some extent.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Similar to be of a race, to hate that race, and at the same time your apart of that race in the very same. Thus you hate yourself too, leading in various directions to one's own self-destruction. Basically what Sam was leaning towards. A concept doesn't make that one or the group the exception to the entire ideal of the even larger ordeal.

final Glith

Glad to see most of you get the point I was trying to make, I do agree that is hypocritical, but like ProperArtist said, what ideology is not hypocritical? and even so if the person does have self hatred, does that mean that they lean towards suicide?

I don't think so, I belive suicide comes in a whole diffrent traumatic package, this is just an idea that surfaces due to a certain experience, or observation.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
╬ProperArtist╬;3897235 said:
True it is hypocritical, but most every ideal is in some way shape or form hypocritical.
Agreed, but some ideals are more blatantly hypocritical than others, and to me, misanthropy is one ideal in which the hypocrisy is just so obvious, for a lack of a better word.

final Glith

how so?

I mean I understand the hypocracy of a person hating humans and not themselves, but what if they hate themselves? where else is the hypocracy?

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
Agreed, but some ideals are more blatantly hypocritical than others, and to me, misanthropy is one ideal in which the hypocrisy is just so obvious, for a lack of a better word.

I can respect that.
Most of the time when people point out the flaws in society they tend to neglect the fact that they themselves are similar, or like most have said they just see the world around them as a reflection in the mirror and then it does become an issue of self-hate rather than ignorance.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
how so?

I mean I understand the hypocracy of a person hating humans and not themselves, but what if they hate themselves? where else is the hypocracy?

That pretty much voids them even needing to exist, to function in society living what seems to be a null-span of blood and breath. Still, lets put it like this. You hate (noun goes here). Are you willing to eradicate said (noun goes here)? If you did and it reflects back on you and self hate, by all means the gun points to your face immediately afterwards. Then again, its a spur of unreasonable thought track.

final Glith

right, although that is true there are always exceptions to certain "rules" (and I mean rules not in the sense that to be a misanthropist there are categories you must fall into but in things such as the hypocracy).
like I said, I do think it's hypocritical, but not as much as religions. some people can't even help beign that way.

Hallelujah, I know exactly what you mean, and I've thought of that same scenario many time before, and yeah like you said at the time to pull the trigger on your own head it be struggling against all sense, but maybe in the persons rationality it would be something do-able

Awards
what ideology is not hypocritical?

╬ProperArtist╬;3897235 said:
True it is hypocritical, but most every ideal is in some way shape or form hypocritical.

There is no way to interpret these statements intelligently. Sounds to me like you're trying to justify the hypocrisy of misanthropic ideologues by drawing a line between hatred driven by self-righteousness and acknowledging contradictory but equally important viewpoints in other belief systems. Either that or you are confusing hypocrisy with paradox, which is just as dumb.

No, assholes, not all ideologies are hypocritical because not all of them require the practitioner to despise themself -- to put this scenario into perspective.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
There is no way to interpret these statements intelligently. Sounds to me like you're trying to justify the hypocrisy of misanthropic ideologues by drawing a line between hatred driven by self-righteousness and acknowledging contradictory but equally important viewpoints in other belief systems. Either that or you are confusing hypocrisy with paradox, which is just as dumb.

No, assholes, not all ideologies are hypocritical because not all of them require the practitioner to despise themself -- to put this scenario into perspective.

I can respect that view, but that just how I see it as being understandable to be a Misanthropist.
Every ideal is hypocritical, because of those who practice it at one point or another do something contradictory as it relates to that ideal if they already aren't/haven't.
But I could see how you'd feel otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back