• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

more kh 358/2 days translation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I…I thought about it! I figured you were going to reply soon, so I managed to restrain myself, but yeah… My cousin noticed the sheepish grin on my face when I read that. XD

Hahaha XDDD thankyooou (if I say anything wrong don't hesitate to correct me!! I lived in backwater Japan, so I'm hazy on a lot of things .___.)

Does that explain the “ten years too early wa” ? He’s talking about Sora in Final Mix, and suddenly there’s this “wa.” Axel uses it sometimes, but it struck me as really weird coming from Xaldin. ^^

Well, I've heard that those 'wa' are used by men in rural areas. The men in my area did anyway, which surprised me at first because I thought it was such a girly thing, until I was told it was a dialect thing. I can understand Xaldin using it, but when I saw Axel use it in the manga I was like 0___o

One thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of the Org members (Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Luxord, and Marluxia, at least) use shortened negatives, like “wakaran” for “wakaranai.” In anime, it usually seems to be old men and warrior types who talk this way. It comes across differently based on their individual speech patterns and personalities, though...Xaldin sounds rough and manly, Vexen more old-fashioned and eccentric.
分からん and 知らん and 読めん and the like is Western Japanese dialect, or so I've heard ^^; at least i know they use it in chuugoku region for sure. That's why it's old men and warrior types; it's the dialect of rural areas. And the reason it's rural dialect is because it's very oooold Japanese that's evolved elsewhere, but left preserved in those out-of-the-way regions.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Ohh I know. That scene where he blows up at Xion. Just. Rawr. There's lots of interpretations of Axel, but I always think of him having his sharp, manipulative skills brought up on the streets.

Despite the angry sexiness, that scene made me laugh nonetheless. I swear I thought he was about have an ulcer, a fart, or was entirely constipated in that instant. I thought he was going to explode or go through a werewolf change. In my head, even in the trailers, I was like, "whoa, dude, calm down". Man, that was comic.

But seriously, there's such a difference with how he treats Xion and Roxas. I'm not an AkuRoku, but even as a friend standpoint, Axel's much more compassionate, and so dedicated to the boy as someone with the title of a friend should. He argued and waited a few days not to annihilate Roxas when he was memory wiped as much as possible. He already said in his diary that he won't let Roxas get erased no matter what the cost, and with Xion, he was already debating on whether to kill her (puppet, or whether things might not be the same, come on now). How sad he was over Roxas just simply leaving (compared to Xion's death, WTF? He didn't easily accept Roxas disappearing into Sora forever), how upset, not angry, not blow over in fury, upset he was when trying to get Roxas to return and realize he isn't the best friend he knew. So, that when I see such a contrast to someone else he calls a "best friend" too, I'm, like...

o_O

Any light on that?

ohhh like a gangster, kinda? But not like rapper-gangster. I mean like... mafia gangster... I don't know ahh

Yeah, like a gangster (not rapper-gangster. I will raise an eyebrow if I hear Axel say something like, "Aight, dog. You kno' how we blow it up". Coming from his mouth will give my head a spin). You know, how they speak in abbreviations/ebonics and cut words down, etc. But it won't be as heavy as they use it. I'm talking more of a mild form. Kind of like, to make it clearer: "You ain't gonna talk him down for nothing, do ya? I gotcha. C'mon."

xD

Erm... being unimaginative, I use swear words. As if he was peppering his sentences etc. with 'freaking' etc...? If you give me an example I can try ^^;

Lol, I don't know ^^;. Like, in Japanese? I don't know if I can give an example...

YES. he talks seriously like the kids I went to school with.

Hmm, that's interesting. At least we get a clear notion of his age that way. Unless 25 year olds or above talk the way he does.

Yeah, it is sad. And hard. That's why i admire translators so much; they have to make really tough decisions, and they know what's missing, but there's no way to explain things to the audience. I mean, me on my little LJ can leave translation notes, but movies, videogames and manga can't come with a huge list of translation notes!! In Japanese, soooo much of a person is expressed in the way they speak. It's so haaard ;___;

Well, the best part to do in these situations, and which it's been done, it's to tell the VA's, the English ones, and direct them to have the characters speak a certain way that fits what the Japanese translations would describe the characters as. I'm not talking about perfection, as you said, it's hard, but something that can be considered close to the original. I'm sure Quinton can do slang Axel, considering he speaks as Reno anyway, for instance, who says "ain't", "ya", "nothin' ", on and on. I hate Larxene's English voice, and she barely got the attitude right. Though she did sound like a bitchy high school Queen Bee, which is what I consider Larxene to be. A bully with higher power and who is arrogant, so I guess I shouldn't be that critical.

But yeah, a lot of things get lost. Already, I know much more about the characters as you're telling me how they speak.

I haven't heard his Japanese voice, actually. So I don't know how close it was. But his english voice made him sound so much dorkier than I imagined. I mean, he is a dork after all. But... his speech is way cooler. He would be a popular kid or a delinquent in high school, definitely not a nerd or an outcast.

The English does make him sound much dorkier. Because, right now, I'm having a hard time believing that Demyx, of all people, will be referred to, or be talking as if he was popular xD. Let alone a delinquent. Then again, hes' pretty nasty at times to Roxas, isn't he? :/ I keep hearing that.

Ahhh... I'm not sure. Not that stereotypical dumbass country bumpkin, but maybe.... rough? and unrefined? Kind of old-fashioned? XD

Hmm. It's making me think like one of those rough wrestlers. The big, buff guys, whose voices are raspy and gruff, and it feels like they are about to kill you with every word spoken while you sit there and pray for your life. I suppose warriors can sometimes be that way, but more subtle.

Zexion's politeness translated makes him sound like a sarcastic snob. But he's seriously just being polite! XD

ROFL xD. And doesn't he, like, admonish Vexen and Lexeaus for not greeting him?

Marluxia often uses a personal pronoun that reminds me of the royal 'we', actually XD I don't think it's meant that way exactly, but he's definitely posh.

Posh Spice. I swear that's the first thing that came through my head. HAH. I knew it. Prideful and graceful man he is, it really does fit him. If he isn't rich, or has royal blood, or has any form of high quality life when he was human, I will be surprised.

Well, Larxene uses a lot of slang. Very cutting, short snappy slang. And yet, she then tacks on a girly, pretty 'wa' on the end of her speech. It's very distinctive.

Lot of slangers we have, don't we? =P I could have figured that it was something like that, since it's hard not to tell when she's talking. She sounds snappy >.>, at least when translated. Then again, her Japanese voice rules my life. She's always been quite girly as well (hands on hips, waving hands, flipping her little antenna thing, moving her hips, la, la, la...), but what does "wa" mean?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Despite the angry sexiness, that scene made me laugh nonetheless. I swear I thought he was about have an ulcer, a fart, or was entirely constipated in that instant.

The first time I saw it, I was like DDDDD: he's getting that upset over Xion?? The second time I saw it, was in the middle of that huge marathon of which part was posted as this thread. And I was really emotional by then, seeing Roxas leave and everything. ;___; so I was in tears. the third time i watched it was to write the subtitle text and I was picking at grammar rather than getting into the mood, and then... the fourth time i watched it spawned a hilarious icon over on LJ XDDD

there's such a difference with how he treats Xion and Roxas.

Well... there's heaps of little things that say he cares about Xion. In the reports you can see him trying to come to terms with the fact that she's a doll, and in the end he decides that even if she's a doll she's his friend. And there are a few times when he overlooked things for her. But in the end, i don't think she was as important to him as Roxas, for whatever reason. I think it's because Roxas was sharing a part of his heart with Axel, whereas Xion had no heart, but that's only a theory.

Yeah, like a gangster (not rapper-gangster. I will raise an eyebrow if I hear Axel say something like, "Aight, dog. You kno' how we blow it up". Coming from his mouth will give my head a spin). You know, how they speak in abbreviations/ebonics and cut words down, etc. But it won't be as heavy as they use it. I'm talking more of a mild form. Kind of like, to make it clearer: "You ain't gonna talk him down for nothing, do ya? I gotcha. C'mon."

Ahh, I get ya XD

Lol, I don't know ^^;. Like, in Japanese? I don't know if I can give an example...

Well, if you ever have a Japanese line or something you want explained, you can ask me any time and I'll give it my best crack.
Hmm, that's interesting. At least we get a clear notion of his age that way. Unless 25 year olds or above talk the way he does.

Well, teenagers and young adult pop stars and actors and the like speak the same. I don't know who is copying who, though. Teenagers copying the idols, or idols trying to stay 'in' with their demographic...? It just means that Demyx is young at heart *shot*

Well, the best part to do in these situations, and which it's been done, it's to tell the VA's, the English ones, and direct them to have the characters speak a certain way that fits what the Japanese translations would describe the characters as.

Yeah, that's true. But a lot of RPGs have heaps of text, with no voice acting... Days, even, has far more text conversations than CG ones...

The English does make him sound much dorkier. Because, right now, I'm having a hard time believing that Demyx, of all people, will be referred to, or be talking as if he was popular xD. Let alone a delinquent. Then again, hes' pretty nasty at times to Roxas, isn't he? :/ I keep hearing that.

I don't know about him being nasty, but he's definitely 'cool'. Styles his hair and all that jazz. Reading his speech, it's that rolling lazy tones... youtube 'Daigo' and see what comes up XDD

Hmm. It's making me think like one of those rough wrestlers. The big, buff guys, whose voices are raspy and gruff, and it feels like they are about to kill you with every word spoken while you sit there and pray for your life. I suppose warriors can sometimes be that way, but more subtle.

Yes!! Maybe. XD

Lot of slangers we have, don't we? =P I could have figured that it was something like that, since it's hard not to tell when she's talking. She sounds snappy >.>, at least when translated. Then again, her Japanese voice rules my life. She's always been quite girly as well (hands on hips, waving hands, flipping her little antenna thing, moving her hips, la, la, la...), but what does "wa" mean?

'wa' doesn't really mean anything. The Japanese like to punctuate their own sentences out loud, adding little tags on the end. You probably know 'ne', which can mean 'isn't it?' and the like, or 'yo', which is like an exclamation mark. A more manly one is 'zo', and then teenage boys often turn that into 'ze'. Girls often end their sentences with 'no', or 'noyo'. And then, 'wa' is another one of those girly endings, although in certain regions men use it too (Axel uses it once in the manga. I was very surprised. Thus my crack theory that his other was a female-to-male transvestite was born. Then the name Lea turned out to be canon and that was just fuel to the fire XD)

Listening to Larxene speak, she uses very distinct feminine language, but, she is also very rude at the same time. Also, she is very bossy. She doesn't ask, she tells. And this stands out in Japanese, where there are a million ways to ask someone to do something, and in a million shades of polite. When training Roxas, Larxene just says, 'you're going to do it.' or, 'do it.' I love Larxene too. But she is probably the hardest to translate... well. Demyx is pretty hard too, but I'm more used to boy's slang than girl's slang. Vexen uses lots and lots of big words, but I have a dictionary. And picking words for Zexion that don't make him sound like a sarcastic bitch is really hard, too. But for basic translating? Larxene is the toughest.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
The first time I saw it, I was like DDDDD: he's getting that upset over Xion?? The second time I saw it, was in the middle of that huge marathon of which part was posted as this thread. And I was really emotional by then, seeing Roxas leave and everything. ;___; so I was in tears. the third time i watched it was to write the subtitle text and I was picking at grammar rather than getting into the mood, and then... the fourth time i watched it spawned a hilarious icon over on LJ XDDD

Were you getting upset before or after you knew what Xion actually was? Lol. But really, it's obvious Xion is hardly competition whether a boy, girl, or none. I think Axel was just frustrated with everything in that scene about what would be right or wrong, and what decision, and Xion was getting him annoyed. Roxas is the most important thing to Axel, period. Heck, I find Naminé in the novels and manga much more of a threat considering how compassionate, nice, and sweet Axel seems to be with her. It's almost diabetes inducing. And, preferably, I liked their bonding better, to be honest. How he saved her from Saïx as well after, what a day or two together? ^o^ It just screams "little sister and protective big brother bear" x3. Taww. Naminé just understands people. She's like the resident psychologist.

"Have a mental and emotional problem, or loss of identity? No problem! Visit Naminé's white room located in the abandoned mansion along the woods in Twilight Town! You'll find the truth and get healed! With no FEE!"

"...it is also advised that you may disappear into a sleeping boy with memory problems after."

Wish it was in the game so badly. Then again, I would probably get cavities xD.

Well... there's heaps of little things that say he cares about Xion. In the reports you can see him trying to come to terms with the fact that she's a doll, and in the end he decides that even if she's a doll she's his friend. And there are a few times when he overlooked things for her. But in the end, i don't think she was as important to him as Roxas, for whatever reason. I think it's because Roxas was sharing a part of his heart with Axel, whereas Xion had no heart, but that's only a theory.

Well, I don't mean that he hates her or doesn't care about her. I'm sure he does in some way. After all, you're not going to spend all this time with someone who hasn't done anything harmful to you, and dislike her for particularly no good reason. Even in the first time, if he wasn't too happy with her joining his and Roxas's hangout spot (which I understand, considering I had to deal with the same thing), he has to adapt and accept. Especially as it means a lot to said Roxas. But as a description, Xion seems more like a "friend of a friend". I didn't...get the strength of friendship that Axel and Roxas have. Or even Roxas and Xion. If someone is sad over a friend leaving a group, than another friend's death...not to make it that important, but it speaks volumes to me. Even if he already took in Xion's fate, knew her decision, or expected something of the like, I expected...reaction? I don't know. It just didn't click. Don't you think that's weird? I got the same vibes from Xion, though hers was milder, and she was open. Roxas himself acted the same no matter who. While Axel mostly directed conversations to Roxas, and slapped him playfully, and all that good stuff (not that much to Xion, if at all, I've noticed as well), Roxas interacted with the two without any sort of favoritism.

It's apparent that Axel and Xion were closest to only Roxas. Days spelled it out clearly, in my opinion.

Actually, without him and his suggestion, the three wouldn't have happened. He's kind of like the glue that holds them together. And I don't consider them a real trio as much as it's shoved down at us with the artwork and the game, and how much screen time it wasted. Gawd. It's the group I don't really at all care for, and I wasn't affected by the separation except for Axel and Roxas ending in bad terms like that. Hell, I care more about TAV with only the trailers, then RAX. Honestly, if it was up to me, Axel and Roxas will be the only friendship to focus on completely. Like, Sora and Riku level completely to show just how close they were and how deep. Real bromance. It was really needed. All we got of Axel and Roxas in KH2 was, "we're best friends". Without no explanation or reason why. With Days, I thought it would expand. To be more special because it was only them two as sort of lone partners deal without anyone in the way. But it ended up with Roxas concerned and worried over Xion and her wangst throughout the majority of the damn DS cart, even when they were chilling in the clock tower in Day 255 >.>. And Axel was all ">/ *sigh* Darn reminder...".

Xion is an anomaly, so it isn't even the usual trio anyway. Three guys? One guy, a Sora, and a...gender ambiguous Sora? @_@ In the interviews, it keeps saying so and so sees Ven, but also Xion's "true nature". Riku saw Xion's "true nature". Is this like the whole forbidden HP, "He Who Must Not Be Named"? o_O

Ahh, I get ya XD

Am I way off? xD

Well, if you ever have a Japanese line or something you want explained, you can ask me any time and I'll give it my best crack.

I do have one, but it isn't about Axel. As you know, someone was translating the bubble text scenes here in the section, and it had me curious about the interaction between Larxene and Demyx. It wasn't fully understandable, and someone was asking me about it, and I want to be sure I give the right information before I say anything. Supposedly, they don't like each other, and Larxene throws all her boring missions and jobs to him? I know he was happy to see her go to CO, at least.

And I was also wondering, for a long time now, what Larxene's death line was in CoM or Re: CoM. Real Japanese wording, since I know the English versions sometimes switches things. Was the equivalent for "losers"? o.o

Well, teenagers and young adult pop stars and actors and the like speak the same. I don't know who is copying who, though. Teenagers copying the idols, or idols trying to stay 'in' with their demographic...? It just means that Demyx is young at heart *shot*

LOL. Wow. That cool and hip, huh? I still can't get over it. I'm way too used to the English version to see him in such a way. Then again, it is confirmed that he played his Sitar back in his human life. Novel excerpt, anyway. Maybe he was a struggling artist, or was in a local band. I could picture it. He was popular in high school and was in the trend.

People were expecting to see a dark Demyx in Days due to the whole, "Silence, traitor!" spiel. Personally, I don't even know if it was an act in itself to prove himself or something due to Sora and co's constant taunting. "How'd a wimp like you get into Organization XIII?". "I bet you can't even fight", with Donald following with "But we can". Cue weapons. "Right-no Hearts". Place that with the order of actually having to fight Sora, and Lord have mercy if he fails and runs away like Axel, and there you go. Is there no Novel scene of that? I'd like to know what Demyx was thinking. If he had enough, if the reminder of no hearts made him realize he really shouldn't care, etc., etc.

Yeah, that's true. But a lot of RPGs have heaps of text, with no voice acting... Days, even, has far more text conversations than CG ones...

*facepalm* I forgot about the bubble text cut scenes in this case...

:dizzy:

I don't know about him being nasty, but he's definitely 'cool'. Styles his hair and all that jazz. Reading his speech, it's that rolling lazy tones... youtube 'Daigo' and see what comes up XDD

Well, I keep hearing that he picks on Roxas a lot. And not in a nice or playful way either D:. He kind of mocks him as if he was really a retard or something. I'm not sure how true that is, so it's good to get some confirmation. I'm a big RAD fan (the real trio, beshes!), and it was kind of disconcerting. And I searched daigo in YouTube as you said, and...

"something something deeee!"

xDDDDD

Yes!! Maybe. XD

:eek:

'wa' doesn't really mean anything. The Japanese like to punctuate their own sentences out loud, adding little tags on the end. You probably know 'ne', which can mean 'isn't it?' and the like, or 'yo', which is like an exclamation mark. A more manly one is 'zo', and then teenage boys often turn that into 'ze'. Girls often end their sentences with 'no', or 'noyo'. And then, 'wa' is another one of those girly endings, although in certain regions men use it too (Axel uses it once in the manga. I was very surprised. Thus my crack theory that his other was a female-to-male transvestite was born. Then the name Lea turned out to be canon and that was just fuel to the fire XD)

Listening to Larxene speak, she uses very distinct feminine language, but, she is also very rude at the same time. Also, she is very bossy. She doesn't ask, she tells. And this stands out in Japanese, where there are a million ways to ask someone to do something, and in a million shades of polite. When training Roxas, Larxene just says, 'you're going to do it.' or, 'do it.' I love Larxene too. But she is probably the hardest to translate... well. Demyx is pretty hard too, but I'm more used to boy's slang than girl's slang. Vexen uses lots and lots of big words, but I have a dictionary. And picking words for Zexion that don't make him sound like a sarcastic bitch is really hard, too. But for basic translating? Larxene is the toughest.

Ohhh, okay, I get it. I kind of heard it with her, but not at the end of her sentences. I think it was in the Axel and Larxene scenes. I'm guessing that "wa" is different when used with a speech, or talking? For example, and the one I constantly hear that pops into my brain now, "watashi wa...blah, blah". Either way, those are good things to know. Otherwise, Larxene being bossy kind of brings a smile to my face. Maybe it was the way you described it, with she doesn't ask, she tells. I could note she was very domineering. That's what makes her awesome and so different. I just want to seriously find out what the hell got the girl that way. Hopefully, Nomura will take into consideration to explore their pasts with the question that was in the interview. I feel like he owes us since Days was the RAX show with the members as background decoration. Nonetheless, being my favorite, this is exciting to know about her. Gives me way more insight, especially if I ever role play her. It's the same thing with her interaction with Roxas. I'm dying to know what their convos are like. I found them hilarious. Well, so far, with two or so lines.

"Your face tells me you have something to say."
"Not really."

"You're just not that good".
"...."

"Besh, don't you know when someone is insulting you?!"
"..."
"*rolls eyes*"

Okay, that wasn't a line, but it's entertaining nonetheless xD. But, I'll probably shut up with all of it after this, lol, sorry ^^;. I'm too hyped. This post asks the questions that have been bothering me too anyway.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Were you getting upset before or after you knew what Xion actually was? Lol.

After. Haha! Sad Roxas just tears me up inside. As does angry Axel DDDD:

But really, it's obvious Xion is hardly competition whether a boy, girl, or none. I think Axel was just frustrated with everything in that scene about what would be right or wrong, and what decision, and Xion was getting him annoyed. Roxas is the most important thing to Axel, period.

Totally agree here. I think he thought if he got Xion back and fixed it, Roxas would come back... kind of like kidnapping Kairi all over again XD

Heck, I find Naminé in the novels and manga much more of a threat considering how compassionate, nice, and sweet Axel seems to be with her. It's almost diabetes inducing. And, preferably, I liked their bonding better, to be honest.

Ahh, I know. Namine should be, by all rights, the axel/roxas shield, and she kinda is, but I see her and Roxas as siblings (which will probably come back to bite me on the ass someday), and Axel being the 'older brother' really works. Like, a prickly older brother who tries to be an asshole (that whole 'im just going to hand you over to the org. free pass back in!' and namine doesn't even bat an eyelid, just says 'i'd kinda like to meet kairi...' XD poor axel, she sees right through your fake badassery) but faaaails. Though, Axel is a huge sap, too. All that 'the reason the sunset is red', and 'got it memorised? the day we first met...' seriously!! Ahh I love him~

I like Namine as a character. Hell, I like Kairi. But I still can't like Xion. tolerate, yes. But... argh. I was sad when she died, though. I blame that on Roxas.

"Have a mental and emotional problem, or loss of identity? No problem! Visit Naminé's white room located in the abandoned mansion along the woods in Twilight Town! You'll find the truth and get healed! With no FEE!"

"...it is also advised that you may disappear into a sleeping boy with memory problems after."

AHAHA yes!! Or maybe, 'warning: loss of memory and sudden feelings towards Namine arising from nowhere may occur.' XDDD

Actually, without him and his suggestion, the three wouldn't have happened. He's kind of like the glue that holds them together. And I don't consider them a real trio as much as it's shoved down at us with the artwork and the game, and how much screen time it wasted.

Not a real trio! Yes! Exactly!! And see, I'm the strange type to want to solve love triangles with OT3. All the time. And yet, I cannot even fathom R/A/X. It just doesn't fit. And... makes Axel look super pedo. And for some reason it's okay when it's Roxas, but... I don't know. Maybe I'm really weird. (I know you don't ship them, just friendships, don't worry ;D)

Xion is an anomaly, so it isn't even the usual trio anyway. Three guys? One guy, a Sora, and a...gender ambiguous Sora? @_@

lol!! Three guys, or two guys and a blowup doll XDDD
All the other trios are different in other ways, too. Riku, Sora and Kairi grew up together. Donald, Goofy and Sora fight together. V/A/T were apprentices together. R/A/X? A takes care of R, and also X because R asks him to? Maybe it's cause they're nobodies (/doll things), so it works different for them...
In the interviews, it keeps saying so and so sees Ven, but also Xion's "true nature". Riku saw Xion's "true nature". Is this like the whole forbidden HP, "He Who Must Not Be Named"? o_O

Well, she's a genderless doll. Her using feminine language kind of throws a spanner into this, though; she herself obviously thinks she's female, since she uses female language on purpose (something lost in English...).

I do have one, but it isn't about Axel. As you know, someone was translating the bubble text scenes here in the section, and it had me curious about the interaction between Larxene and Demyx. It wasn't fully understandable, and someone was asking me about it, and I want to be sure I give the right information before I say anything. Supposedly, they don't like each other, and Larxene throws all her boring missions and jobs to him? I know he was happy to see her go to CO, at least.

Yeah, I saw that. They skip a lot though ^^; bittermeat and I are only up to Day 12, but we're doing it thoroughly. (Bittermeat transcribes and I translate <3)

I don't think I can give you the scripts before they're ready... and I haven't watched any of the early game stuff after that, so I don't know. Larxene said 'should have made Demyx do this mission' when she's with Roxas on Day 11, but i don't know if she does it all the time, yet... and Demyx says in the lobby that she's scary (the other person translated that wrong, btw). But I haven't got far enough to know more ^^;

And I was also wondering, for a long time now, what Larxene's death line was in CoM or Re: CoM. Real Japanese wording, since I know the English versions sometimes switches things. Was the equivalent for "losers"? o.o

It wasn't 'losers', she said 'anta nanka'... 'anta' is a pretty rude term for you, and 'nanka' is a slangy way of saying 'something like', so something closer would have been ' 'someone like you?' in an incredibly dirty tone.

I keep hearing that he picks on Roxas a lot. And not in a nice or playful way either D:. He kind of mocks him as if he was really a retard or something. I'm not sure how true that is, so it's good to get some confirmation. I'm a big RAD fan (the real trio, beshes!), and it was kind of disconcerting.

Aw really? I haven't seen this yet. He asks Roxas whether Roxas can play an instrument or not... XD

And I searched daigo in YouTube as you said...

YouTube - DAIGO / ???? ??????????? (WISH???2/2 here, this! And i even managed to get him being cute with a penguin, too!

I'm guessing that "wa" is different when used with a speech, or talking? For example, and the one I constantly hear that pops into my brain now, "watashi wa...blah, blah".

yeah, it's different. That 'wa' in 'watashi wa' is は, a particle. The 'wa' on the end of sentence is わ. Japanese is confusing ^^; 

I could note she was very domineering. That's what makes her awesome and so different.

I know! I love her for being the villain. I mean, I love the others for their woobie 'we only want heeearts', too, but it's a breath of fresh air to have someone who's bad just because she IS. XD

I just want to seriously find out what the hell got the girl that way. Hopefully, Nomura will take into consideration to explore their pasts with the question that was in the interview. I feel like he owes us since Days was the RAX show with the members as background decoration.

Hm... I am almost certain that Saix and Axel will be in BBS, from one of the planner interviews in the ultimania. And, in the ultimania, they included the org's other's names, and for those like Larxene it said 'unknown at this point in time', which suggests some day they will be known, perhaps...
Though I think Nomura doesn't owe me anything, after creating FF7 and FFX and KH, he's given me plenty. I owe him ^^;
In every story there are minor and major characters. They can't all get equal screentime, that's just not how storytelling works. Anyway, Larxene was major in CoM; that's more than characters like Luxord get. And Luxord is Nomura's favourite, apparently.

It's the same thing with her interaction with Roxas. I'm dying to know what their convos are like. I found them hilarious. Well, so far, with two or so lines.

Larxene is pretty horrible to Roxas. She treats him like she doesn't believe he has a mind; seriously, like he's some mentally disabled kid she doesn't want to dirty her hands with. She says really mean things in his presence as if she doesn't think he understands. But in her defence, Roxas doesn't say much other than 'yeah' at the start of the game. Even Axel thinks he's a bit of a basket case...

But, I'll probably shut up with all of it after this, lol, sorry ^^;. I'm too hyped. This post asks the questions that have been bothering me too anyway.

No no, it's great to read all these opinions! Just takes so long to answer ^^; I like seeing clever people reason things out; it gives me hope for the fandom. There are waaay too many stupid twits who just go 'akuroku is sooooo cute lololol' and the like, giving no real reasons for their opinions. -_-;

Mikeneko

I’m not sure whether Demyx would’ve been accepted as cool in high school…I feel like he’d be unreliable, flaky, always asking to borrow his friends’ money or copy their homework. His friends would have to have a certain amount of patience. ^^

Well, I keep hearing that he picks on Roxas a lot. And not in a nice or playful way either D:. He kind of mocks him as if he was really a retard or something. I'm not sure how true that is, so it's good to get some confirmation.
It didn’t seem to me that Demyx was mocking Roxas. (I watched the whole game on YouTube. While telling myself that it was “Japanese reading comprehension practice.”) He just acts completely clueless about Roxas’s feelings for Axel during the Oblivion arc. He comments on how nice it is that the “annoying people” have gone to Castle Oblivion (probably thinking of Larxene), and later that he’s glad he wasn’t sent over there to get destroyed...His attitude toward the whole thing seems to upset Roxas, but I don’t think Demyx even notices that.

He also pushes most of the work on Roxas when they go on missions together, but that doesn’t seem like anything personal...He just hates fighting. Maybe people thought he was being a jerk on purpose because he has this obnoxious-sounding laugh in the game. ^^; Uh, Roxas makes a couple of unflattering comments to Axel and Xion about Demyx, though. (Asking whether the guy ever does anything besides play his sitar, and telling Xion that she should be able to fool him if she gets partnered with him during the time that she can’t use her Keyblade.) They’re not especially close.

Is there no Novel scene of that? I'd like to know what Demyx was thinking.
It is in the novel, but the scene’s still from Sora’s POV and doesn’t tell us anything else about Demyx.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
After. Haha! Sad Roxas just tears me up inside. As does angry Axel DDDD:

Roxas overall being sad does tear up. That was the actual scene that gave off any sort of melancholy vibe. Xion was alright with dying and doing the "greater good". Truthfully, I didn't care. I was more concerned with Roxas. Angry Axel was more funny, despite that he was being torn on what to exactly do since he couldn't kill Xion (and how realizes it maybe wasn't right to do what he did to Riku Replica as well. After all, this was his change and how he was beginning to actually think in a emotional way as a human would, along with the morals and guilt, instead of an emotionless droid). But he was, for lack of better words, fine, throughout it all. Xion is gone, accept, move on.

Before Roxas left, that is.

Then he got sad.

And it continued over in the sequel until the very end.

Xion who? >.>

Totally agree here. I think he thought if he got Xion back and fixed it, Roxas would come back... kind of like kidnapping Kairi all over again XD

As I said above, I think it's more of him doing actions of what a moralistic human would with what the time spent together in the clock tower caused, along with Roxas's odd aura a.k.a. "he made me feel like I had a Heart". For example, Xion might not be that significant compared to Roxas, but he does consider her a best friend, and does care for her to an extent. Though, with the fact that he also felt for Riku Replica, I don't know how deep it really means. Point is, I think anyone of us who had some good would be in the same position. It's the same way that, while I might not like said person, I wouldn't want them to exactly die. Of course, with Axel, it's not that intense for obvious reasons.

Ahh, I know. Namine should be, by all rights, the axel/roxas shield, and she kinda is, but I see her and Roxas as siblings (which will probably come back to bite me on the ass someday), and Axel being the 'older brother' really works. Like, a prickly older brother who tries to be an asshole (that whole 'im just going to hand you over to the org. free pass back in!' and namine doesn't even bat an eyelid, just says 'i'd kinda like to meet kairi...' XD poor axel, she sees right through your fake badassery) but faaaails. Though, Axel is a huge sap, too. All that 'the reason the sunset is red', and 'got it memorised? the day we first met...' seriously!! Ahh I love him~

I like Namine as a character. Hell, I like Kairi. But I still can't like Xion. tolerate, yes. But... argh. I was sad when she died, though. I blame that on Roxas.

Naminé does a better job of it. I don't consider her and Roxas siblings. For that, they have to be tied by blood, DNA, and all that good scientific spiel. The only thing we have is that Sora gave the imprint for Naminé to have formed a body (not necessarily his body), and gained the power over him due to it. The only effect. Which is why she's considered, technically, Kairi's Nobody. Roxas is pure Sora's body and soul. Not to mention, that if Sora and Kairi ever got married, cue the awkwardness in the honeymoon. Plain hugging, even. I think that's why they added, while very vague, hints, that Roxas and Naminé wouldn't be all that troubled if any affection is shown. Actually, sometimes I wonder what they do think. Nevertheless, for Axel, I agree overall. He's a big sap around Roxas and Naminé the most. Yet, I also think a part of why she has such a magnetism for people is because she's kind of therapeutic. She doesn't hold grudges, doesn't judge you, no matter what you dod, she wouldn't hate you, she understands and comprehends your situations, she reads you and your feelings. Ends up giving advice and help in the process. And you get comfortable while she rubs off on you. Like, Larxene. All Larxene ever did was taunt her lightly, compared to what she had done to everyone else, before the bitchslap: because that's when it turned personal. She didn't even really say to Naminé, "do this or you'll get tortured by my kitty claws". She bothered to give a reason as to why she should do this, what she would gain for it, and genuinely questions what the hell was her problem (apparently, I don't think Larxene gets the meaning of "guilt and regret" very well >.>). And with what you said about Larxene herself, bossy (she tells, not asks), domineering, it strikes me odd. Unless the English once more had its way with translation. It's the reason why I'm somewhat partial for Larxene/Naminé sometimes. Not the pairing, mind you. But in the friendship sense that she is able to have Larxene take a look at herself the same way Roxas did for Axel. You can't deny Axel was a complete ass previously.

Despite this, Naminé definitely has the power to change others. Maybe it's that weak, fragile, sweet girl appearance that makes it hard to dislike her. Or maybe there's symbolic meaning in her angelic style. Perhaps she brainwashes(literally) you *_*.

But she definitely heals.

A lot of people in AU fanfiction have her as a aspiring artist. I see her more artistic, yeah, but I get her to become a psychologist or psychiatrist. She fits the bill.

AHAHA yes!! Or maybe, 'warning: loss of memory and sudden feelings towards Namine arising from nowhere may occur.' XDDD

That too!

And continue on with also giving a warning that you might not be yourself once she's done with you.

Not a real trio! Yes! Exactly!! And see, I'm the strange type to want to solve love triangles with OT3. All the time. And yet, I cannot even fathom R/A/X. It just doesn't fit. And... makes Axel look super pedo. And for some reason it's okay when it's Roxas, but... I don't know. Maybe I'm really weird. (I know you don't ship them, just friendships, don't worry ;D)

lol!! Three guys, or two guys and a blowup doll XDDD
All the other trios are different in other ways, too. Riku, Sora and Kairi grew up together. Donald, Goofy and Sora fight together. V/A/T were apprentices together. R/A/X? A takes care of R, and also X because R asks him to? Maybe it's cause they're nobodies (/doll things), so it works different for them...

It's not just Xion being an anomaly that doesn't make it the usual trio. It's the fact that these particular three can be easily broken. Roxas is the person that ties the other two. If Axel met Xion, or vice versa, they wouldn't exactly manage to hold it together. Especially with his lack of patience for her problems. Heck, weren't they in the same room, and all he did was throw a comment about her being the 14th? (and lo and behold, that was because Roxas was looking at her) While some may argue this, SRK equally care about each other. Riku, unlike Axel, goes a lot of ways to protect and save Kairi. And not admit Sora is more significant to him than the other so easily, as far as not even worth debating who means much more, and who is better to be left for dead. And even without Sora, I do feel Riku and Kairi would have hit it off by themselves. TAV fits a real trio as well, and this is just from trailers. And talking about that, I never really got great vibes from RAX before the game came out. At least, on Axel's side. Let me not add in that the sunset watching scene in the beach is a dream, correct? Naminé and Axel sparked a friendship by themselves, that was much better than what he shared with Xion in such a limited time. The only thing that keeps Roxas, Naminé and Axel from being a trio is that they weren't seen as three in a scene. But, I prefer them anyway.

Well, she's a genderless doll. Her using feminine language kind of throws a spanner into this, though; she herself obviously thinks she's female, since she uses female language on purpose (something lost in English...).

That's exactly the whole gender problem. But I don't see why can't they outright say it, instead of "true nature", because I'm not entirely positive what they mean. Hence, the whole, "He Who Must Not Be Named" sort of situation. It's kind of interesting to check what Xion views herself as. Maybe the fact that she has Sora's memories of Kairi, makes her see her reflection as the dark haired girl due that connection, and thus, she naturally acted like one and believed herself to be one. It's kind of hard to change, even when you do know who you truly are. If that's the case, the whole, switching to Sora thing must have been extremely weird. OH SHOOT, I HATH A-

Yeah, I saw that. They skip a lot though ^^; bittermeat and I are only up to Day 12, but we're doing it thoroughly. (Bittermeat transcribes and I translate <3)

I don't think I can give you the scripts before they're ready... and I haven't watched any of the early game stuff after that, so I don't know. Larxene said 'should have made Demyx do this mission' when she's with Roxas on Day 11, but i don't know if she does it all the time, yet... and Demyx says in the lobby that she's scary (the other person translated that wrong, btw). But I haven't got far enough to know more ^^;

Oh yeah, the translations =3. That was good work, and thanks for it. It's too bad it wasn't finished. But, at least, it answered some of my questions. So, in the end, it's fine. And it's only two months before the game is released in NA anyway. Speaking of that, I don't know why American SE are doing a sloppy job with lip synching lately :/.

It wasn't 'losers', she said 'anta nanka'... 'anta' is a pretty rude term for you, and 'nanka' is a slangy way of saying 'something like', so something closer would have been ' 'someone like you?' in an incredibly dirty tone.

Oh gawd. The moment I read those Japanese words, Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion popped in my head, and yelled, "ANTA BAKA!". Doesn't help that it's the same VA xD. Yet, at least Asuka has reasons for her behavior. Just more mentally unstable style. But that's good confirmation, as I was wondering about that certain translation. Losers didn't equate well to me, and it actually made her sound whiny and high school-ish instead of her ego being slapped down a few notches. Or that she really thought low of Sora. It only makes me more interested in her character. For instance, now Sora, and his personality, appears to me like the very essence she hates for some reason. The whole, "hero, brave, look on the bright side, idealistic, happy", etc. It connects as to why she just couldn't get (there we go again) why Sora would keep protecting Naminé when the memories weren't real in the first place.

All she needs is a little bit of lovin'. Maybe some Motown tunes would do her some good. Like, Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)" would work. Or maybe the Four Tops "Reach Out (I'll Be There)".

Or maybe plain counseling.

Aw really? I haven't seen this yet. He asks Roxas whether Roxas can play an instrument or not... XD

Well, it's only what I heard. And the person who wrote her experience sounded like she took things too literally and at face value, so I wanted to be certain.

YouTube - DAIGO / ???? ??????????? (WISH???2/2 here, this! And i even managed to get him being cute with a penguin, too!

ROFL! xD I love it. If this is the cool way to speak in Japanese, I'm going to be quit entertained. And the penguin was so adorable :3. I actually know a character in a Japanese drama that resembles The World Ends With You. To the point where you wonder if the game was based on it. It's called Sh15buya. There's a character there that speaks like that, and I didn't notice that he did until now.

yeah, it's different. That 'wa' in 'watashi wa' is は, a particle. The 'wa' on the end of sentence is わ. Japanese is confusing ^^; 

It is, isn't it? But I can't wait to learn it x3.

I know! I love her for being the villain. I mean, I love the others for their woobie 'we only want heeearts', too, but it's a breath of fresh air to have someone who's bad just because she IS. XD

Exactly. And that's among woobie, sugar-coated Kairi-looking females that we have been surrounded by. Larxene is the only one who doesn't have too many moral values to be predictable. I mean, come on. Who doesn't know that most will end up doing the "right thing", and being brave or sacrificial? Pfft.

Hm... I am almost certain that Saix and Axel will be in BBS, from one of the planner interviews in the ultimania. And, in the ultimania, they included the org's other's names, and for those like Larxene it said 'unknown at this point in time', which suggests some day they will be known, perhaps...
Though I think Nomura doesn't owe me anything, after creating FF7 and FFX and KH, he's given me plenty. I owe him ^^;
In every story there are minor and major characters. They can't all get equal screentime, that's just not how storytelling works. Anyway, Larxene was major in CoM; that's more than characters like Luxord get. And Luxord is Nomura's favourite, apparently.

Oh, of course, we'll see Axel. We'll see him in the next Kingdom Hearts anime, we'll see him in maybe the movie, we'll get figurines and arts of him, unlike the other members, we'll see him in KH3. I'm so confident with the whoring by this point, that I'm willing to bet and cut my two legs that I'm right. At least it's somewhat different that Saix will be in one. But yeah, I kind of hope that BBS will cover that. I don't want to have faith, only for it to be brought down like Days did. But even before, I found BBS to be more satisfying to look forward to.

And, of course, speaking of it, Days.

I get the whole: there are minor characters, side characters, major characters. But, the thing is, all there is are main characters. Which are Roxas, Axel, and Xion. The game felt as if the Organization was there to give the hype. I would understand if they are villains and minor in KH2. But in Days, we are in their territory. Their lives. And there weren't other important characters to pay attention to other than Riku. And then we get depth in the Secret Reports. Oh, wow, how neat. Thank you Nomura for developing the characters in little diary excerpts instead of what you're suppose to do in the actual game. And this is without the fact that some had less than three, while Axel got 18, and Xion got 12 or whatever, who both got enough damn development as it is 8D.

The Organization was there like background decoration. The only thing that keeps them in the game is that fact that Roxas lives with them.

Not to mention that the reason for the lack of depth was for a random new character (with already established characters that are basically as one dimensional as Mario), who is probably never going to be mentioned or play any vital role into the series as a whole. They wasted screen time for filler. And the whole RAX crap that ended up not even being a real friendship to me. Hell, we didn't need Riku Replica shoved down for us to grasp what he was going through. Which is more sympathetic than Xion, by the way.

And that's what pisses me off.

So, really, there's no damn excuse, in my opinion.

Larxene is pretty horrible to Roxas. She treats him like she doesn't believe he has a mind; seriously, like he's some mentally disabled kid she doesn't want to dirty her hands with. She says really mean things in his presence as if she doesn't think he understands. But in her defence, Roxas doesn't say much other than 'yeah' at the start of the game. Even Axel thinks he's a bit of a basket case...

Yeah, I saw it xP. It didn't come out that horrible, however. She treated him like a simple basket case. I was expecting her to act like she was kicking on the disabled. Yet, it was more of him being dumb, and making sure he got what she was saying. And that was only in few. I find Roxas's retardation quite adorable and hilarious, on the other hand. I don't know if it was suppose to come out that way, but really: "...okay."

xD

No no, it's great to read all these opinions! Just takes so long to answer ^^; I like seeing clever people reason things out; it gives me hope for the fandom. There are waaay too many stupid twits who just go 'akuroku is sooooo cute lololol' and the like, giving no real reasons for their opinions. -_-;

I understand where you're coming from, because I lasted long as well ^^;. So, don't worry. I'm big on characters and what they have to offer. So, I like to know to the best of my abilities so I can portray them well. Especially if it comes down to debate.

It didn’t seem to me that Demyx was mocking Roxas. (I watched the whole game on YouTube. While telling myself that it was “Japanese reading comprehension practice.”) He just acts completely clueless about Roxas’s feelings for Axel during the Oblivion arc. He comments on how nice it is that the “annoying people” have gone to Castle Oblivion (probably thinking of Larxene), and later that he’s glad he wasn’t sent over there to get destroyed...His attitude toward the whole thing seems to upset Roxas, but I don’t think Demyx even notices that.

He also pushes most of the work on Roxas when they go on missions together, but that doesn’t seem like anything personal...He just hates fighting. Maybe people thought he was being a jerk on purpose because he has this obnoxious-sounding laugh in the game. ^^; Uh, Roxas makes a couple of unflattering comments to Axel and Xion about Demyx, though. (Asking whether the guy ever does anything besides play his sitar, and telling Xion that she should be able to fool him if she gets partnered with him during the time that she can’t use her Keyblade.) They’re not especially close.

It is in the novel, but the scene’s still from Sora’s POV and doesn’t tell us anything else about Demyx.

WOW. Thanks a lot for explaining it more thoroughly =D. I'm glad it isn't as bad as someone made it appeared to be. The other made it sound like Demyx was intentionally picking on Roxas and being nasty :/. The unflattering comments aren't that bad compared to that. And could be worked over by Roxas simply getting how Demyx is. As long as it wasn't that terrible to the extent that I was wide eyed.

This also helps me with the current RPs I'm working on ^o^.

As for the novels, darn it! I don't care for what Sora thinks. I want to get into Demyx's head for those few moments xD. Oh phooey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back