• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My laptop is busted

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabazu

The Magic Man
I started to play WoW on my laptop, which has been playing WoW for at least a yer without no problems. The latop then shut down RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A INSTANCE. I reboot, go on. It shuts down again. It seems whenever I use a program for a period of time, it shuts down on me...What is happening to it? I dont feel like goin to geek squad to see if they can 'fuhhh...I mean fix it'. The computern used to get very hot, and now even if its half as hot it dies o.o what do I do?​

Kyo

Would you like to post specs of your laptop so we know more information about it.

T

The Marauder

Sounds like some components are overheating. Have you cleaned out the heatspreader lately? If not, you should try it. My laptop gets clogged with dust periodically, the solution? (It seems rather extreme, but...) I duct tape the shop-vac onto the bottom vent (fan intake) and make sure its sealed, then I hook up an air-jet attachment to my compresser. I turn on the vaccum and blow compressed air into the back vent where the exhaust usually comes out. This essentially runs the ventilation system in reverse, sending the dust out the same way it came in and into the vaccum. You can probably pull off only one of these, but I tend to go overkill on this stuff, so... :D If you don't have a vaccum with a hose attachment or an air compressor, buy a $5 can of air at the local office supply store. It will serve you well. :D

Zabazu

The Magic Man
ok
It is a HP....It stays on until you use something, my mom says its the processor, but I doubt it... We have no compressed air either -_-.

Specs:

to be told to myself >.> Im downloading speed fan to see if it IS overheating

edit: It does not seem to be overheating yet, but let me try wow
edit2: It shuts off before I can do so .

Last edited:
T

The Marauder

ok
It is a HP....It stays on until you use something, my mom says its the processor, but I doubt it... We have no compressed air either -_-.

Specs:

to be told to myself >.> Im downloading speed fan to see if it IS overheating

edit: It does not seem to be overheating yet, but let me try wow
edit2: It shuts off before I can do so .

This would be because components heat up under load (usage). Go get some compressed air and clean it out. Once the air is blown out of the heatsink, suck it out of the intake as mentioned. This $5 will save you the $100 that geeksquad will charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back