• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Personal Reveiw of Kingdom Hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dexter

I just wanted to write a reveiw explaing my up's and down's with this game.

* MY REVEIW OF KINGDOM HEARTS 2*

GAMEPLAY

When I first started playing kh2 I personally didn't really know what to excpect. As you begin playing with Roxas the combat is preatty bland. It's like kh1 but with out the magic, summons, co-op, drives, reaction commands...exct. You just hit people with a baseball bat. But what's most annoying about the begining is that you always have to fight the "Mesterious Creatures." But as you progress through the game the combat and the gameplay start picking up! You learn co-op moves with your partner, you obtain the kick ass drive forms, and you learn the smooth reaction commands. But preatty much forget about the magic, and summons. There preatty much here in kh2 because THEY JUST FEEL LIKE IT! Before in kh1 you used magic ALOT. In kh1 you had to figure out which magic attacks you should use to unlock the treasure chest, or you had to figure out what magic attacks you had to use for the Mushrooms. In kh2 they have NONE of this! Summons are preatty much pointless also, I mean I know most of used tinkerbell for her healing abilities. Well now tinkerbell isn't here and you just have to rely on your postions. It will be nice for change if Nomura makes a mission where you can only use summons or magic. But what makes the gameplay so KICK AZZ is the awsome reaction commands. Yes they make battles easy but there so flashy and interesting to watch. The drive forms are also what makes kh2 gameplay KICK AZZ! The drive forms also make battle easy, but when I tranformed into anti-form I died because in anti you can't use reaction commands, nor can you use any postions or magic. In the end you wind up dying. But overall kh2 is a MUCH improvment in gameplay. While magic and summons are useless preatty much the drives, the co-op, the reaction commands, and trinties attack makes the gamplay in kh2 oh so much sweeter! Kh2 has a gameplay like qualtie of "God of War."

GAMEPLAY: 9.3/10

UP SIDE'S OF GAMEPLAY

-The sleek and flashy reaction commands
-The KICK AZZ Drive forms
- The interesting co-op moves you do with your parters
-Trinite Limit

DOWN SIDE'S OF GAMEPLAY

-The magic in kh2 is preatty much useless
- The summons are back and for no reason at all. Oh and there also useless
- The reaction, the drives, and the co-op makes the game a bit too easy.

MUSIC

The music in Kingdom Hearts 2 is wonderfully done! As the moment you enter to the main menue you know your in for a big adventure. Sancutary is MUCh better that Simple and Clean. Though the music is good and all it would be apreciated if they could've changed the music for the returning worlds. I mean it get's annoying after a while.

MUSIC: 9.8/10

UPSIDE'S OF MUSIC

-The music sounds more good and sinister in a weired sence
- The opening Sancutary is AWZOME!!!
-The music seems your headed for a big adventure

DOWNSIDE'S OF MUSIC

-The music from returning worlds are the same!

Graphics/Visuals

The graphics are slightly better than its predecessor since Kingdom Hearts II takes the PS2 technology to the limit. Especially if you enter first person mode while in the Pirates of the Caribbean world and look at a characters face. The frame rate is pretty solid. So the game shouldn?t slow down when you?re up against a large amount of enemies. Also the games visuals and special effects will just leave you gawping most of the time. The infuriating camera system that was in Kingdom Hearts is nowhere to be found. You can now click the R3 button and it will auto centre the camera again. You can also rotate the camera freely with the right analogue stick. Yet it can be pretty distracting sometimes. While I was in battle with Beast in my party. Beast was behind Sora which makes the camera behind Beast. Beast covered the whole of Sora. So I couldn?t even see the main character during battle mode. But this problem just occurs rarely.

GRAPHICS/VISUALS: 9.5

UPSIDE'S OF GRAPHICS/VISUALS

- The unbelivable realstic of the POTC characters
-Camera fixed
-The dazzaling pecial effects

DOWNSIDE'S OF GRAPHICS/VISUALS

-Party members some time block your veiw

Life Span

I know most of you are complaing how kh2 is short an all. But NO WRONG! Kh2 isn't a short game (30-50 hours) most of you including me have played kh2 24/7 playing non stop! Now tell me one game you can't beat in a few days if you play it non stop!? In fact most of you have beaten kh2 but I bet that most of you havent realized how many hours you have been playing! rember the old saying " Time goes quick when your having fun! ^_^" Kh2 is longer than kh1 by a few hours, but what really made kh2 go the extra mile is when you had to revisit the worlds twice.

LIFE SPAN: 10/10

UPSIDE OF LIFE SPAN

-You will be having soo much fun with kh2 that you won't notice how many hours you truly have been playing!

DOWNSIDE OF LIFE SPAN

-NOTHING!_!

OVERALL 9.6/10

australian sora

Keyblade Master
nice review much better than the IGN review............welli ll review the game as soon as i get it and finish it

australian sora

Keyblade Master
nah im just gonna wait it out its not gonna be that long......and even if i did i wouldnt be able to get a mod chip in my PS2.........stupid parents........but o well

kh_pro

Nice review man oh and the thing about the magic and how it is useless, well what about the time when you go back to the POTC world and you fight the Grim Reaper, you have to use some kind of magic to get some of the coins back, am i right. well any way i guess what im saying is i use magic all the time. but nice review.

man_of_power

kh_pro said:
Nice review man oh and the thing about the magic and how it is useless, well what about the time when you go back to the POTC world and you fight the Grim Reaper, you have to use some kind of magic to get some of the coins back, am i right. well any way i guess what im saying is i use magic all the time. but nice review.

well, you don't have to use Magnet to get the coins, it just makes the battle easier

TrancedRiku

very good review. my thoughts exactly on the gameplay and battle system. and beast, well, beast kept getting in my way in his world... :p so party members do get in the way of your view quite often... :p

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Great review! But um, one thing though. I thought the mushrooms were in the game only hidden out.

E

Eclipse

what he means about magic is in kh1, some opponents could only be hurt by certain kinds of magic like the phantom, or some treasure chests were high up and would only be lowered with a burst of firaga, or that you had to blow out the candles with blizzard, and stuff

the only magic oriented battle i remember is the grim reaper in port royal, it was nice, but not good enough :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back