• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine and Names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomSora14

Before I made this post, I did a quick bit of research and I found nothing on this topic.

In Com and KH2, was it ever described how Namine received her name(since shes a special case, i realize her name wouldn't be kairi with an x, but her name must come from somewhere)???

Actually, when it comes to names, how to the nobodies find out their new name such as Sora being Roxas, Vexen being Even, etc.?

From what I see, this has never been explained by the games. Could names have more relevance in future games? We already seen how important the anagrams are, how Xehanort manipulated his name, etc. I'm just wondering if one's identity is going to become more of an important factor in a game.

Just some questions on my mind. Feel free to add your input.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Namine wasn't in the Organization.
Order members get X's.
We know nothing about other Nobodies getting X's.

Namine most likely comes from Nami, a word for wave.

Actually, when it comes to names, how to the nobodies find out their new name such as Sora being Roxas, Vexen being Even, etc.?
Uhm.
They scramble it til they find something good?
Like we saw with Xemnas and Roxas in the FM scene?

From what I see, this has never been explained by the games. Could names have more relevance in future games? We already seen how important the anagrams are, how Xehanort manipulated his name, etc. I'm just wondering if one's identity is going to become more of an important factor in a game.
I don't think they'd ever have any more relevance than they do now.
Right now, they've been used to signify connections, as well as all the crap having to do with name stealing.

PhantomSora14

Ok, only thing with Namine is...did she sit down and pick her own name out too? I understand the connnection with Kairi and wave and such, but who gave her the name and if she picked her own, then she knew she had a connection with Kairi(which I thought she didnt or maybe im getting it confused that Namine had none of Kairi's memories)?

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Ok, only thing with Namine is...did she sit down and pick her own name out too? I understand the connnection with Kairi and wave and such, but who gave her the name and if she picked her own, then she knew she had a connection with Kairi(which I thought she didnt or maybe im getting it confused that Namine had none of Kairi's memories)?
I doubt theres any significance in how she got her name.

And also, the characters names having another meaning are more of a funfact to outside the KH universe.
Like, Sora Kairi and Riku dont have their names just because Ven's Aqua's and Terra's have similar meanings.

Its more for us to realize a connection rather than any actual importance to things in game.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok, only thing with Namine is...did she sit down and pick her own name out too?

Most common theory is that either Xemnas or Marluxia named her. Both make sense as Xemnas is the one doing the "naming", and Marluxia would've picked up the name to - in a way - humiliate and degrade Namine. It would work well with his plan to verbally abuse her about being Kairi's shadow and not fit to exist or whatever, making her believe more the only way she could ever be in Sora's Heart is to make false Memories.

I understand the connnection with Kairi and wave and such, but who gave her the name and if she picked her own, then she knew she had a connection with Kairi(which I thought she didnt or maybe im getting it confused that Namine had none of Kairi's memories)?

Namine had non of Kairi's Memories because of the way she was born - she came from Sora's Body and Soul, making for a certain disconnection between Kairi and Namine.
As for knowing whom she came from (if they really based it on this and not just Marluxia's plans with Sora), Xemnas seemed to know Roxas was Sora's Nobody, so for now it's easy to assume (Ven issues aside) that the same process was performed on Namine - minus the process of using that to base her Organization name, seeing how she isn't a member.

A

Azrael

Namine comes from Nami meaning wave.

I say Marluxia or Xemnas named her, humiliating her being only a Nobody of Kairi "the sea", nothing more than an insignificant part of her "the sea"

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I say Marluxia or Xemnas named her, humiliating her being only a Nobody of Kairi "the sea", nothing more than an insignificant part of her "the sea"

1) I said that :D
2) Also, a wave is a part of the ocean reaching for the Sky (Sora). perfect name for her, having came from Sora, and is trying to reach to his Heart.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Not too sure why Namine didnt have a name relevant to Kairi's. But, only Orgi 13 members get the X added to their somebody's name. So, maybe she has her name like that cuase she isnt an Orgi member?

A

Azrael

1) I said that :D
2) Also, a wave is a part of the ocean reaching for the Sky (Sora). perfect name for her, having came from Sora, and is trying to reach to his Heart.

Kind of romantic, huh? Always the SoNami fan.

*Hopes SoNami is mentioned again*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not too sure why Namine didnt have a name relevant to Kairi's. But, only Orgi 13 members get the X added to their somebody's name. So, maybe she has her name like that cuase she isnt an Orgi member?

Meaning wise, Namine is more 'relevant' to Kairi than Roxas is to Sora.
A great deal of the X in the name is to disconnect the Nobodies from their original selves, as shown by the concept of 'a new you'.

Kind of romantic, huh? Always the SoNami fan.

Always and forever, don't you know it.
That meaning, however, is very tragic as well, for a wave is doomed never to reach the sky, instead crushing against the shore
(or in other words, Riku/Namine comfort, lol)

*Hopes SoNami is mentioned again*

I do too v.v

C

Colours

I don't think Marluixa had the power or thought to name her, since he was only in charge of the Castle.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think Marluixa had the power or thought to name her, since he was only in charge of the Castle.

Nnnnnnnnnah uh~

Marluxia said:
Yes, you will. This castle and the girl Naminé have been entrusted to ME.

He said clearly that both the castle and Namine were entrusted to him when Repliku didn't yield the desired results.
Also, I don't think him not being appointed the authority would've kept him from calling her that if it served his plan to enslave Sora - a plan which disproves your claim he hadn't the thought to name her.

A

Azrael

Meaning wise, Namine is more 'relevant' to Kairi than Roxas is to Sora.
A great deal of the X in the name is to disconnect the Nobodies from their original selves, as shown by the concept of 'a new you'.

Always and forever, don't you know it.
That meaning, however, is very tragic as well, for a wave is doomed never to reach the sky, instead crushing against the shore
(or in other words, Riku/Namine comfort, lol)

I do too v.v

Ahhh Riku and Namine, they just seem to click yet it's not my favorite shipping.

There is some deep one sided Repliku/ Namine love there too bad she decided to crush his fake heart to save Sora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back