• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura has messed up..big time!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

beadybunny

..........Trading cards!?! :cursing:

what on earth was he thinking! he is turning kh into an over-commercialized franchise, just likeff He should be focused on the games not making money out of pointless things like trading cards i mean who buys them anymore? i thought that died with yu-gi-oh and digimon kh should be games and not over-commercialized who agrees with me or am i alone in not finding trading cards the slightest bit interesting?I wonder what we will get next.......... sa kh lunchbox? I cant wait to get beaten up at school

Last edited:

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
I dont buy trading cards anymore because I grew out of it. Little kids will buy them because it will give them a hobby. He's thinking about the children, not money, I think.

Apollo

Silver Member
Ya if I buy a lunchbox I will beat myself up! but cards are ok I think!

Demynx

You don't need to buy the trading cards, you can just ignore the items you don't want and concentrate on the games.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Look I just want the cartoon. It could save the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Okay, first off, Nomura is not the allmighty god of Kingdom Hearts. He has superiors on the project, in fact, he has an entire company of superiors, it's called Square-Enix corperation. Nomura is in charge of making the games. Square Enix decides what happens to the franchise as a whole

Sorry to subject you guys to a rant of mine...but here we go

See, things like this are what make me have an immense distaste for some people. Everyone thinks that Nomura made this entire game by himself and is the only one who ever thinks up anything or makes any decisions

Nomura worked with a team of people, a team of writers, a team of animators and game designers, he had teams of writers and consultants for this game, he didn't whip up the entire freaking thing himself.

People make it seem like Nomura is god of all KH and he did everything himself. He directed the game, he didn't do every little thing himself! Not every little idea in the game was his, not every little plot device was of his own thought, not every secret and in-depth/background plot were thought of by him and only him! Not every secret of the KH universe is known to him and only him, nor will every secret in the KH universe be his idea, it was him and his team

I am entirely sick of comments like "Only Nomura-sama knows the answer!", "Only Nomura-chan knows for sure! Kawaii~!", "We'll only find out if Nomura-kun choses to reveal it to us!", "All of it is up in Nomura's head!", "It's all up to Nomura-san!", "Nomura is a genius for making this game!". It's a blind and ignorant display of misinformation and grotesque hero-worship ('worship' may be too strong of a word for this, but you get the idea)

Know what? It's not only Nomura that knows the answers, chances are the 'answers' aren't even thought up yet, and won't be entirely put to concept until the project is already underway, at which time it will be done by him and his team. It's not all up in Nomura's head, sure some of it will be along with general ideas, but it will be the correlation of Nomura and his team that will come up with it all and tie everything together and make it into a game. And it's not all up to Nomura, it's up to Nomura and his team and the Square-Enix corporation as a whole to make decisions and come up with whatever is going on with the project

Nomura gets an undeserved level of credit and attention for the what him and a vast team of people accomplished, practically everything in the series gets accredited to Nomura's 'genius" when chances are it wasn't entirely him.

And this is in no way directed specifically at you, it's just everyone in general

What Square Enix says goes, not just Nomura, he has superiors on the project, he's in charge of making sure the game gets done.

99% of KH fans think that Nomura is the only one working on the KH series. "Only Nomura knows the answers!", "It's all up in Nomura's head!", "We can't possibly comprehend Nomura's great genius!", "We won't find out until Nomura-desu-ne-kawaai-chan blesses us with his knowledge!", "I like this one scene in KH, Nomura must have worked really hard coming up with these scene and the symbolism of this dialogue and the character interaction!1!"

All of his teams work gets attributed to 'Nomura's genius'

Square Enix corperation as a whole is in charge of Kingdom hearts. Merchandising, endorsement, advertising, trading card games. That's all Square Enix, not Nomura.

jamietl

whether its for money or fun it doesn't really matter, i think that they will flop because kh fans are no longer 13 years old on the whole, maybe its best that the cards go ahead because then he will see that the fans are no longer little children, and perhaps make the games a little less... pre-puberty (the best phrase i could use to describe my thoughts).
however if they continue then why should half of us care. were fans yet we probably wont buy.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Okay, first off, Nomura is not the allmighty god of Kingdom Hearts. He has superiors on the project, in fact, he has an entire company of superiors, it's called Square-Enix corperation. Nomura is in charge of making the games. Square Enix decides what happens to the franchise as a whole

Sorry to subject you guys to a rant of mine...but here we go

Square Enix corperation as a whole is in charge of Kingdom hearts. Merchandising, endorsement, advertising, trading card games. That's all Square Enix, not Nomura.
Well said, TMM. You took the words right outta my mouth.

It's not Nomura's "fault" for the KH trading cards. He's not always the one in charge and making vital decisions. I'm sure he's busy working on the next KH installation instead of worrying whether or not he should sell KH Trading cards in either Walmart or EB Games. As a matter of fact, I'm glad these cards are coming out, they look cool. I'm definately buying them XD

Swag

Young King
[QUOTE="jamietl"[/QUOTE]whether its for money or fun it doesn't really matter, i think that they will flop because kh fans are no longer 13 years old on the whole, maybe its best that the cards go ahead because then he will see that the fans are no longer little children, and perhaps make the games a little less... pre-puberty (the best phrase i could use to describe my thoughts).
however if they continue then why should half of us care. were fans yet we probably wont buy.[/QUOTE]

Sure, maybe older KH fans are no longer thirteen, but new KH fans are made everyday. And guess what? Alot of them are actually younger than thirteen. You have to remember, KH is Square-Enix and Disney, the latter happening to be a company whose projects appeal mostly to those age twelve and under.

NexB

Look I just want the cartoon. It could save the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana.

If that'd happen I'd might actually watch DC again

Anyways training cards means lots of little kids buying them, them buying = money and lots of it, lots of money means a bigger chance of KH2FM+ coming to the states and the quicker release of a KH3

beadybunny

whether its for money or fun it doesn't really matter, i think that they will flop because kh fans are no longer 13 years old on the whole, maybe its best that the cards go ahead because then he will see that the fans are no longer little children, and perhaps make the games a little less... pre-puberty (the best phrase i could use to describe my thoughts).
Thats my point.iif my friends saw me with trading cards dedicated to a video game they would stop talking to me but like Nomura said KH appeals to younger people as well as older people ok 'square-enix' and not nomura is just milking money out of the real fans pockets cause they know people will buy them just for the sake of it but no one is getting my point kh is turning into ff dont you think? you can buy ff lighters and ashtrays fgs! now that is weird and kh is heading down that road to self-destruction pokemon anyone?

Last edited:

Swag

Young King
If that is your point then you have no point. Nomura said himself KH is not Final Fantasy and never will be.

Member XIV

Here is how I put it together!
Since as you say Nomura is not the god of KH, he only is part of a team and helped to create it and he also has superiors, SE Co. These guys decide what goes on with the merchandise right?

So why are some people being angry at Nomura for not bringing KH2:FM+ here if the decision isn't even his, it is SE's. Just saying, I have noticed people blaming Nomura.

I think a trading card game is cool, I am over cards, but I think SE can make lots of money from the kids. I used to spend lots of money on Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.

A KH Cartoon, that would rock...does such a cartoon exist in Japan?

neon6

Here is how I put it together!
Since as you say Nomura is not the god of KH, he only is part of a team and helped to create it and he also has superiors, SE Co. These guys decide what goes on with the merchandise right?

So why are some people being angry at Nomura for not bringing KH2:FM+ here if the decision isn't even his, it is SE's. Just saying, I have noticed people blaming Nomura.

I think a trading card game is cool, I am over cards, but I think SE can make lots of money from the kids. I used to spend lots of money on Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.

A KH Cartoon, that would rock...does such a cartoon exist in Japan?

...Please refrain from using the word CARTOON. I get a bit annoyed when people call anime CARTOONS. But yes it is true. A Kingdom Hearts anime is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back