• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Kingdom Hearts Timeline

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PhantomSora14

As I'm reading through these posts, people seem to "mix" up times thus inconsistent theories are created. I think that perhaps in order to help w/ the theories for the future of KH, a timeline would be helpful. I know Jiminy's Journal is suppose to do that...but it really is not that helpful.

First of all we need to set ground rules, such as things that are cannon (because the games are in existence) and things that are assumptions (aka Xion having to be born after Roxas, or at the same time). Most events will be when key characters are introduced,

So the game order is:

KH: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
KH: 358/2 Days
KH: COM
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Coded

I'll just keep adding to my post as everyone comes up w/ dates or something similiar:
(if anyone has a better way to organize, just say something)

Major Event: Barrier to Radiant Garden Broken
This major break is the beginning of other world's barriers breaking (Destiny Islands, etc.), although it is not the sole cause.

Major Event: King Mickey meets Ansem

Major Event: Destiny Island Disaster

Sora Receives Keyblade
Kairi Looses Heart
Riku Enters Darkness

Major Event: Sora Looses Heart

Both Kairi and Sora's Hearts are released
Sora becomes heartless (notably a shadow)
Roxas is born
Namine is born

Major Event: Xion Born

Xion is either born when Sora lost his heart or sometime after

Major Event: Ansem Defeated by Sora

Riku and Mickey are locked in the World of Darkness
Kairi returns home

Major Event: Castle Oblivion, the Beginning
Sora and Co. enter the Castle
Riku Enters
Sora looses memories and replaced by Namine
Riku Replica Made
Riku is getting closer to understanding the darkness
Larxene Defeated
Vexen Defeated
Lexaeus Defeated

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
Days starts before CoM. So maybe switch those two around?

A

Audo

Days starts near the end of KH1 and goes until just before the beginning of KH2.

Major Event: Barriers to Worlds are Broken
So wrong. The only world whose barrier was broken was Radiant Gardens. Xehanort opening the door affected no other world.

A

Audo

Major Event: Barrier to Radiant Garden Broken
This major break leads to other world's barriers breaking (Destiny Islands, etc.)
Wrong. It had no effect on it. Each world has it's own barrier. Whatever happens to World A's barrier has no effect on World B's Barrier.

khlover7

I might return
Thanks! :D!
But barriers from RG never affected other worlds like Audo said,wonder where that came from?

PhantomSora14

Well...Audo...after Radiant Gardens barrier was broken...it seemed all the other world's barriers were breaking to, just look at what this excerpt from teh ansem report says:

Simply astonishing! Today I had a guest from another world. He is a king, and his vessel is built of the material that composed the meteors. He called the pieces "gummi blocks." It seemed that my opening the door has opened a path to interworld travel.

It sounds as though the King, had got past a few barriers already so...it seems a little vague to be clarifying. I simply mean, that after Radiant Gardens barrier was broken, many worlds followed suit.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Aren't new pathways just created with the help of the Keyblade? Because last I remember, no barriers were really broken.

Its kind of hard to create a timeline when there is not actual date in any of the games. The only thing we know is the gap between each game. Except for Days, which happens around 3 games.

PhantomSora14

yeah i know, which is why im just trying to get something in chronological order, not necessarily exact dates, but a farily concise order.

A

Audo

Well...Audo...after Radiant Gardens barrier was broken...it seemed all the other world's barriers were breaking to, just look at what this excerpt from teh ansem report says:

Simply astonishing! Today I had a guest from another world. He is a king, and his vessel is built of the material that composed the meteors. He called the pieces "gummi blocks." It seemed that my opening the door has opened a path to interworld travel.

It sounds as though the King, had got past a few barriers already so...it seems a little vague to be clarifying. I simply mean, that after Radiant Gardens barrier was broken, many worlds followed suit.
No. Radiant Garden's Barrier breaking had no affect on any other world's barrier. That's the fact.
The fact that Mickey already had a Gummi Ship before arrive in Radiant Garden shows that World's barrier had broken down before RG's. Which proves they are independent from one another.

PhantomSora14

ok yeah that makes sense, but...what caused the doors to open in the other worlds? because once the door is open, the barrier collapse correct?

A

Audo

ok yeah that makes sense, but...what caused the doors to open in the other worlds? because once the door is open, the barrier collapse correct?
Someone opening them? We also don't know what affect Unbirths have on the world barriers.
We know that the presence of Heartless can also break down the barriers, something similar could have been happening in BBS with Unbirths, which would have caused other world's barriers to break. But yeah, someone just finding the door and opening it would cause a world's barrier to break regardless.

There is an invisible shell covering these worlds, so as to preserve the original world from interference from other worlds. By opening the hearts of each of these worlds this shell is broken and will become a group of shooting stars pouring down. Once settled, these shooting stars will become the Gummi Parts of the Gummi Ship. As they were originally from the shell covering these worlds, it becomes possible to interfere into each world.

PhantomSora14

WHEN did i mention unbirths lol??????

Anyways, thanks for the info...but aren't all the world connected in away? Radiant Garden was the origins of the heartless, meaning...that if heartless do indeed open the doors of other worlds, it stemmed from Radiant Garden.

^what's the flaw w/ that? u usually find something audo lol

A

Audo

You didn't mention Unbirths. I mentioned them as a possible explanation as to how another world's barrier was broken down so that Mickey could make his ship. No. The worlds are disconnected that's the point of the barriers. By breaking down the barriers of individual worlds, that then makes them connected to other worlds that are barrier-less. That's why Xehanort's Heartless tells Sora that Destiny Islands had "been connected". Because it no longer had a barrier.

PhantomSora14

Hold on, is Ansem Reports 11,12,and 13 in chrono order, because in 11, Ansems mentions he sent Kairi to Destiny Islands to find the keyblade master...I see a major inconsistency!

Kairi was very young when she came to the island

but Mickey only disappeared during the time we played as Sora on Destiny Island

but Mickey met Ansem in Ansem Report 9?!?!

im confused

Back