• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Online or Offline Console Gaming?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox.

This has been tossing in my mind for awhile. I enjoy playing online games better than most offline games. Why? It provides a good and fun to hook up with players across the country and globe to play a game.

Offline, however, provides a creator's practice. Meaning, I enjoy playing offline campaigns, but once they're done, that's really it besides a few modes and extras.

Online has some flaws too. Lagging, glitching, and most recently for shooters, hacking. These flaws and problems tend to kill online base gameplay and ruin the fun for others. Also, some games online run horrid compared to those offline (Burnout anyone?).

Although, despite these differcult problems, online gaming is much more fun than offline gaming in my book. What about you?

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Like you, I perfer playing online more than offline. It's more fun, and it's even better if you kill glitchers. Offline's really just good for practice, and I know this because I worked on my headshots on Gears of War on the campaign, and soon after that, I got the headshot achievement on Live. So, yeah....online > offline.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I've only played Online games on PC. Never on Consoles so I can't really make that statement which one I like better. I still say I like offline better well multiplayer atleast cause I like playing with someone right there beside me.

S

Shadow Soldier

I don't like online a whole lot to be honest with you. The only time I do play it, is when the campaign mode has gotten me stuck, or I'm in the mood for a change of things.

The only game that I like playing online more than I enjoy playing on campaign, is Socom 2. Nothing beats that. I still remember the days when I was up for days straight playing online. Ahh those were the days.

FireFox.

I
The only game that I like playing online more than I enjoy playing on campaign, is Socom 2. Nothing beats that. I still remember the days when I was up for days straight playing online. Ahh those were the days.

Socom 2 was outstanding. However, Socom 3 kicks ass as well online. Mainly with the added vechiles and levels with the expansion of 16 to 16 play IMO.

Updating online games should be a grand idea but never forget the old.

(Shadow Soulja - my favorite levels online Socom 2- Chain Reaction, Sujo, Sandstorm)

FireFox.

I

Socom 2 was outstanding. However, Socom 3 kicks ass as well online. Mainly with the added vechiles and levels with the expansion of 16 to 16 play IMO.

(Shadow Soulja - my favorite levels online Socom 2- Chain Reaction, Sujo, Sandstorm)

edit: weird double post.lol.

Just as Planned

It usually depends on the game. I prefer the privacy of having your own screen in most split-screen multiplayer games, but I enjoy the company of having the other players around to talk smack and socialize.

But when It comes to campaign single-player modes, I usually just use them as practice for the online arena.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Both. I love robust single player experiences, but sometimes I want to go on and feel like I'm part of a community (IE, LittleBigPlanet).

S

Shadow Soldier

Socom 3 good online? Ooph, to each his own though. I thought it was terrible, with the added vehicles. And 16 v 16 sucked.

And in case you are wondering, my favorite levels were Blizzard, Frostfire, and Desert Glory.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
Uh, online > offline.

And uh, Socom 2 huh? If you still play, let me know so I can just destroy you. :)
Was in a top 5 clan recently ( On GB) , until we split after we won the tourny and got crown.

Depending on how long you've played Socom, you'll probably know me.

Oh, and I'm a Crossroads whoar.

I like most maps except Abandoned and Shadow Falls.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Depends on the game.

Certain game genres are basically dependant on the online capabilities that the system they're on has.

Other games that also have online may be better offline rather than online.

IMO, some RPG's that have online are usually best when played offline, however, only because it makes killing certain things way too easy. Unless there's a PVP mode, there's no need to go online.

FPS games tend to be better online as the players are better than the AI's and you have a chance to communicate with them ahd have more fun.

Depends you know =/

Game I'm playing right now that is better offline than online is Monster Hunter Freedom. You can get 500+ hours on that game offline alone, and although online is fun, it makes killing wyverns/dragons a lot more easier which sucks. S'all about the challenge.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Sometimes online pwns. Sometimes it doesn't. Ever heard of Snaking in MKDS?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
As much as I like online games, they bore me after awhile. I definitely prefer offline because the parameters aren't so limiting and there is a reason to continue playing. Also, it doesn't help much that I suck at online games (barring rpgs and co-ops).

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
As it has been said, it varies from game to game. Some games are meant to be a competition between two or more parties (fighting games, most FPSs, etc.), while others are focused more on how a single party (generally the player) can overcome premade obstacles (the usual RPG or adventure games). Online gaming is nothing more than another means to play with others. Naturally, some games by their very nature are more suitable for online play.

Duality

Of course variation exists, but on the whole:
Offline: Console
- more interactive/hands on
- better for parties
- doesn't mess up your comp. cause usually they are bigger
Online: PC
- more flexibility with comp
- more people playing
- usually cheaper/free

Squ@ll

Well I never played online gaming before but it is very famous among most people

RPG_Fanatic

Of course variation exists, but on the whole:
- better for parties
- more flexibility with comp
- more people playing
- usually cheaper/free

That exactly the way I feel. I have very little desire to use my consoles for online gaming.

mmorpgs bore me after a while , i feel no reason to play them , but fighting games and shooters are fun because 1 : smarter enemies (though some shooters have really hard modes_) but ofline your team is ussually stupid >_>

Fighting, shooters and strategy games are what I play online. I get bored with mmorpgs as well.

What turns me off from online gaming is monthly fee. I already paid for the games and don't want to have to pay more to play it.

chaos_soldier

As much as I like online games, they bore me after awhile. I definitely prefer offline because the parameters aren't so limiting and there is a reason to continue playing. Also, it doesn't help much that I suck at online games (barring rpgs and co-ops).

Well as much as you are saying (and im not disagreeing here) offline can get boring. You are going to go up against an AI that is only a challenge if you put it at the highest difficulty. But on online there may be people even harder to shoot than those AI in the game. And to tell the truth it doesnt really matter if you suck or you're good, its about having fun! :thumbsup:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Care to elaborate on just what this means?

lol wut???

- usually cheaper/free

I'm calling bullshit on this one. You're not even counting all the shit you need to go online with a PC, just the cost of individual games and maybe the broadband bills. If you can afford a PC for online gaming, then you can certainly afford a 360 with a Live subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back