• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Paopu Fruit.....that should mean.....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

J0hnny0hm

This is directed at the people who think Sora and Kairi are not in love. Yes, I know 99% of KHI members hate Kairi (which I honestly don't understand)

Why introduce the Paopu fruit at all if there wasn't going to be any kind of relationship?

and WHY does everybody hate Kairi? (seriously, do tell)

Radon

mofo
i dont really have a problem with kairi but other people think shes useless to the plot

Cissy

Bronze Member
Hey, it was Riku who introduced the Paopu to Sora.

So it's obvious that Riku secretly wants Sora.

See where my logic is going? It's flawless.

To quote a certain friend of mine "We don't think she sucks because we hate her, we hate her because she sucks!"

See, the thing is is that relationships, in KH, are only hinted at. There are no set "love pairs" or anything. And, quite frankly, we can't say for sure whom truly loves whom. We can just state our opinions and move on. So, in actuality, whether or not Kairi and Sora are in love isn't defined.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I don't hate Kairi per se, I just think she's worthless and that she should have been replaced by Namine.

KeyMaker

That's the stupidest comment ever, there wouldn't even be a Namine without her. Do you think that Namine was even thought of before Kairi? No! All you Namine's lovers should worship Kairi, because of the fact that it is thanks to her that Namine even exists. I'm so glad that blonde haired goirl is back where she is suppose to be.

OneWingedAngel45

I don't think she's useless, she IS what makes Sora go through his quests or has nobody remembered? Well atleast in KH1 or atleast the beggining of KH1.....he still does it to save her point made!

DaisyDuck

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

There is nothing wrong at all with Kairi. She just falls into a category female characters from Japan that western fans love to hate and will go to great lengths to rationalize this hatred. You know the kind. They are always described as useless or pointless or some such. Other examples include Relena (Gundam Wing), Anzu (Yugioh), and Nasuti (Samurai Troopers).

However it's interesting to note that this type of female character is very popular in Japan, considering how frequently they are used.

duuuf08

i don't hate kairi at all. i think she's important because it gives sora a reason to keep going through his journey besides riku missing. People don't like her because they love yaoi (which is DEISQUISTING) and they love pairing boys together. kairi and sora FOREVA!!! or atleast kairi and namine. XD

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Why introduce the Paopu fruit at all if there wasn't going to be any kind of relationship?

No other way in hell to base SoKai.
Also, the Paopu Motif was used a lot more for SoNami than actively for SoKai.

and WHY does everybody hate Kairi? (seriously, do tell)

*points at the essay under 'Anti Kairi Galore' in sig*

To quote a certain friend of mine "We don't think she sucks because we hate her, we hate her because she sucks!"

<3

I don't think she's useless, she IS what makes Sora go through his quests or has nobody remembered?

...KH1 = Kairi and Riku.
CoM = Riku and Namine.
KH2 = Riku. And then Kairi on the way to beat the Org D:

Other examples include Relena (Gundam Wing), Anzu (Yugioh), and Nasuti (Samurai Troopers).

Uh, I kind of like Relena D: and replacing her in the manner I say Kairi could've been replaced is impossible. XD

However it's interesting to note that this type of female character is very popular in Japan, considering how frequently they are used.

Hentai is frequently used too D:

DaisyDuck

Uh, I kind of like Relena D: and replacing her in the manner I say Kairi could've been replaced is impossible. XD

Regardless, you are aware that a considerable chunk of the GW fanbase hated her guts? It was that incredible undeserved hostility for a character that turned me off of fansites for years. Eight years ago I saw many, many, many essays applying arguments extremely similar to the one you make against Kairi to Relena. There were a good number of Anti-Amelia essays as well, all perfectly punctuated and following a kind of logic that would give Lewis Carroll migraines.

Hentai is frequently used too D:

So are hammer-space and tiger striped bikinis. What's your point?

Hey, it was Riku who introduced the Paopu to Sora.

So it's obvious that Riku secretly wants Sora.

See where my logic is going? It's flawless.

See, the thing is is that relationships, in KH, are only hinted at. There are no set "love pairs" or anything. And, quite frankly, we can't say for sure whom truly loves whom. We can just state our opinions and move on. So, in actuality, whether or not Kairi and Sora are in love isn't defined.

In all honesty they don't really need to come out and say it that they are in love with each other when they pretty much established in KH1. All but said in KHCoM. In KH2 Kairi's letter to Sora pretty much states it. Did they honestly need the scene were Kairi and say I love you after all that has been shown.

With that said, I honestly don't care either way about the characters and I mean all of them. They could honestly kill every single one of them off in the beginning of the next game and introduce a whole new group of characters and I wouldn't care. I think the hatred for Kairi is unfounded, but I could careless if they hate the her or not because the truth is she an important character. Like it or not, it's true.

Cissy

Bronze Member
In all honesty they don't really need to come out and say it that they are in love with each other when they pretty much established in KH1. All but said in KHCoM. In KH2 Kairi's letter to Sora pretty much states it. Did they honestly need the scene were Kairi and say I love you after all that has been shown.

With that said, I honestly don't care either way about the characters and I mean all of them. They could honestly kill every single one of them off in the beginning of the next game and introduce a whole new group of characters and I wouldn't care. I think the hatred for Kairi is unfounded, but I could careless if they hate the her or not because the truth is she an important character. Like it or not, it's true.

That being said, we could then establish a bunch of other pairings based on that logic.

My point being that Sora isn't bound to Kairi by canon means. He has open possibilities for the future.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I like Kairi, and I am against the fact that some may think she is fat. And about the paupu.. I don't know. I'm expecting Kairi and Sora to use one, but dosn't really work and they fall in love anyway. They just use the paupu as an excuse towards there parents when Kairi gets pregnant at 16, lol. XD

A

Audo

I honestly don't care either way about the characters and I mean all of them. They could honestly kill every single one of them off in the beginning of the next game and introduce a whole new group of characters and I wouldn't care.
Why the hell do you play these games if you don't even care about the characters? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back