• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Parasyte

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
since i'm in the mood for making another obscure mango thread

wiki synopsis said:
Parasyte centers on a teenage boy named Shinichi Izumi. He lives with his mother and father in a rather quiet neighborhood when, one night, an alien invasion occurs. The aliens are called Parasites. They are worm-like creatures that enter human "hosts" through their ears or noses, and take over their brains. A Parasite attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear and take over his brain while he sleeps, but is stopped by his headphones and accidentally burrows into one of his hands instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and it is named Migi (ミギー ?), after the Japanese word for "right".[3]

Because the Parasite infected his hand instead of his brain, Shinichi and Migi each retain their own, separate intellect. This gives them an edge in battling the other Parasites, who see Shinichi's ability to think independently as a threat. Shinichi also feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who kill and eat humans as a source of food.

tl;dr a manga from the early 90's that has shinichi's right hand turn into a penis once and is unintentionally funny a lot but deals with shit like humanity and the right to survive.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've got 7 out of 8 volumes (Kodansha publication) of this. I really enjoy the series and watching Shinichi change as it goes. The artist's Q&A columns sound severely pompous though, I skip past them now.

I'm sure when the 8th and final volume is realeased later it'll be a good conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back