• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Peeling Apples Rp

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyly

A place . . . where nothing really special ever ha
The Peeling Apples Rp

Specific Rule: NO GODMODDING ,but also, no creating all powerful characters, I am even going to try and refrain myself from doing so)

Hm, so why name this rpg, the ‘Peeling Apples rp’? Quiet Simple, if you think about an apple, its potential taste lies within the apple itself, if you peel it, you get a better taste, the more you peel, the juicier the taste.

Time of Rp: 1397, May 17th (Starting Date) Feudal Japan (You don’t have to model your char to a Japanese person, think of anime if you must)
Where: Sumisu and ToriShima Islands between the Nampo (Northeast) and Izu (Southwest) Islands

“Green, Black, and Blue make the colors in the sky”

The story begins, as you the people, are young kids (Anywhere between 7-14) and are enrolled in Samurai Academies, these schools have become an essential, as war has raged continuously for 60 years in Feudal Japan, and death seems to hunger for more lives with each battle, as children, of course you will not be sent to war, but a grave accident in an enemies hand has foreshadowed for your lives to change forever . . .

Shidomi, Hokura, Narima, Kikyoji, and Bojinbi. The Five Samurai Schools spread across Sumisu and Torishima, islands almost exactly related, but separated only by land rights. Punishment is strict, and children usually don’t have a say in their lives, even if parents die, older generations usually take over, such as grandfathers and the like.

To these 5 schools, many children are sent, and even though the schools have a common purpose, deep rivalries appear within each of the schools towards all the others. Sometimes it fuels fights off academy grounds, or at competitions, and sometimes it fuels students to be better than the others, so the system is not changed.

The schools are reasonably within range for the average traveling person, on foot, Maybe a 2 hour to 3 hour continuous trip. Roughly 10-12 miles apart.

All schools deal in swords and chains, nothing more, as guns have not been introduced to these cultures. Bojinbi has a reputation for sometimes teaching a bit of air weapon tactics, but the last class was 2 years ago, and no need has been seen to reintroduce it into the system. (If you would like this option PM me)

You may have no more than 2 years of experience in the schools, entering your 3rd year. You do not have to enter the school at age 7, thats jsut the minimum age for the school, you could have entered when you where 12 and be 14 by now if you wish, which means basics in training for everyone. Usually anyone 9 and under must train with wooden oak swords. 10-12 have small to mid-short blades, while 13-14’s generally have mid-blades.

The school grounds are built on sacred grounds, and are well taken care of, vandalism is punished harshly, and the style of the buildings is old Japan style.

There are special gloves that young Samurai use, those 10 and older, are required to wear their gloves, which are white with a Butterfly on them- the symbol of the young samurai, and colored the color of the school.

1.Shidomi – Colored Forest Green
2.Hokura – Colored Copper orange
3.Narima – Colored Golden Yellow
4.Kikyoji – Colored Purple (Violet)
5.Bojinbi – Colored Navy Blue

Anyone under 10 cannot wear two gloves of the samurai at the same time, however 1 is usually permitted.

Children are required to stay late, and usually, they sleep in set temporary training rooms with mats on them (of course separated from the opposite sex).

Headmasters of the 5 schools:

1. Suron Hituko (M)
2. Yonmei Ayani (F)
3. Terrome Kagsomi (F)
4. Romu Gotkei (M)
5. Erimi Suromekei (M)

They have sub-teachers with them, but I can let you make up their names since I won’t be in the same school as some of you, hopefully most of you, as rivalry makes for a good rp.

Invading North inhabitants have thought it wise to travel by sea and surprise the southern inhabitants by taking villages from the bottom of the islands to the top, so that they cannot send troops to the front lines to stop their forces there.

(Btw you should already be enrolled in a school with your first post, and should post going threw a new daily routine and the like, as stated before, you can be anywhere from 7-14 years old, although its your choice between those ages)

Template:

Name (Full):
Height:
Weight:
Physic/build:
Hair Color/Style:
Eye Color:
Appearance (Pic preferred):
Family:
School Attending:
Residence (Country or Town):
Glove Color/(#):
Personality/Attitude:
Short Bio:

Ex. (mine)

Name (Full): Rio K. Rendelum
Date of Birth: June 1st 1387
Height: 5'6
Weight: 128 lbs
Physic/build: Athletic, Slim, Toned
Hair Color/Style: Light Brown, long down to eyebrows on bangs, 2-3 inches shorter in the back.
Eye Color: Bronzed, Golden
Appearance (Pic preferred):http://s4.invisionfree.com/RAGE_Forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1190600
Family: Mother Living off the Islands, No Siblings
School Attending: Shidomi
Residence (Country or Town):Country When not staying in school
Glove Color/(#): Forest Green (1)
Personality/Attitude:
Rio is a very nice kid, almost too naive for his own good, even though he is academically smart, and loves training with the sword. He almost always has a smile on his face, even in training, and trys to see the good in every person. However on the rare occasions when Rio gets angry, his anger is very strong, its more of fury, and its influenced into his muscles
Short Bio:
When Rio was very young his father was killed in the war. His mther raised him to be a very nice person, to respect others, and taught him how to hold a sword correctly. At the age of 7 he was sent to the School Shidomi and began training, even though he had to switch down to wooden swords. 7 and 8 year students were not allowed to wear even one glove at this school, so when he turned 9 in his 2nd year he was delighted to recieve his glove, knowing that starting his 3rd year he'd recieve his 2nd glove soon enough. He was old for his 1st and 2nd year because when he was 6, he was due to turn 7 15 days after the school term started, thus when he finally went, he turned 8 15 days after school started, and this, his 3rd school year, he would be turning 10, 15 days after school started, and thus switch to a Mid-sized sword, since his teacher had already approved him skipping low-blade because of his previous sword training.

(General clothing for school/training is Usually based on the school colors, and there are school uniforms but they are only used for special occasions and i will describe them in the rp if i need to)

Warning: I will be strict, don’t step out of line too much, I can, if tempted, get out of line too, but really, follow the basic rp rules too, and we should be good.

I would like to see good developed characters, no mary-sues or orphaned ark hard children, you can have a troubled past, but don’t make a death in the family a hard point, or make your character so.

Mid-social to regular social, to even very social is all acceptable, as long as no anti social people.

Please use precise literacy and spelling, it bugs me to no end when I see spelling mistakes, and even more so to the point where I will openly consult you about it if you don’t care and slack off with many spelling mistakes, use word abc checker if you have to. It’ll be obvious if it was just 1 or 2 mistakes to a billion lol.

Whew, three pages is what this all took, well I’m happy, cause I made this up all by myself and it seems to be a very good and stable foundation to a hopefully flourishing rp.
And I mean it when I want people to join and be active active active.
Post your templates here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back